485 Brickell Avenue, Miami, Florida, 33131, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Viceroy Miami

Lovely, but do not stay here if you are looking for a Miami beach experience

by TripAdvisor Member YubYub

With so many wonderful hotels in Miami, the only reason I could think of staying here would be if you had business in the immediate area and were staying for more than a few nights -- the rooms come with great little kitchenette. Do not stay here if you are on vacation as there are much better choices. We are fans of Kor group hotels and usually love everything they do. However, this hotel is not up to par. It is designed and run to serve the residents of the attached Viceroy condos, not the hotel guests. It feels like you are staying in a high rise that could be anywhere. They have two pools -- one wonderful intimate roof top pool on the 50th floor and one huge one on the 15th floor. The one on the 15th floor is for both the Viceroy and the two adjacent condo towers. While the area is huge (two acres) by afternoon most all of it is in the shade. That would be fine if you could go up to the roof top pool. But they close the rooftop pool in the afternoon. The rooms are lovely and the service is quite nice. They offer free internet and complementary Vespas rentals both of which we enjoyed. If you are looking for a boutique hotel experience or are on vacation, look elsewhere. This hotel is not nearly as nice as the Viceroy Santa Monica or the Viceroy Palm Springs. We go to Miami frequently for quick getaways. We usually try a new hotel each time. So far, our hands-down favorite is The Standard. If you want a Kor Group hotel and are headed to Miami for a warm vacation, stay at the Tides South Beach.

Wow!... Just Wow!

by TripAdvisor Member cb3221

Spent a night prior to going on a cruise with my wife. She raved about this place the entire trip. The rooms were exactly as pictured. The spa was the largest and most elegant i have seen to date. My wife nearly cried when it was time to leave. The staff was exceptional. It is not by the beach for those who are interested in the south beach experience. The rate for this place has to be an introductory rate. As it was priced the same as some dives that are on the beach. We will definately be back

Fantastic Hotel Let Down By Technology and Unconventional Layout

by TripAdvisor Member wingspan50

We spent 3 nights at the Viceroy recently and it's a fantastic, new downtown hotel that's let down by technology, location and odd design.

The good points are:
- a clean and stylish rooms,
- a great fitness room and spa facility,
- generally great service,
- a beautiful lounge at Club 50.

The bad points are:
- odd layout and design - there's no focal point (like a big lobby) for the hotel. To get to each amenity you have to use intelligent guesswork or ask staff. The entrance to, what's probably, their main attraction (the 15th floor pool area) is through a small, nondescript door manned by a security guard. Finding the spa entrance is also an achievement. It's like the layout and flow of guests was an afterthought.
- consistently poor internet service - had I been there on business it would have been impossible stay in the hotel.
- only regular satellite TV service - goes down in the frequent summer Miami storms plus the system in my room needed resetting two consecutive nights by the in-house engineer.
- noise - Rooms face Brickell Ave which is a typical noisy downtown street.
- noise - The 15th floor pool deck has incredible pools and potential but there's a constant loud background noise.

One of the Best experiences ever

by TripAdvisor Member Suitecaser

the hotel is designed beautifully, something out of a magazine. The location is great, it's a little far from south beach - but renting a car and staying at the viceroy is much more worth it. South Beach has become a little gross and the parties around and at the Viceroy put south beach to shame. The rooms are amazingly designed and equiped including a full kitchen. The spa and gym is unparalleled - free gym service and the pools are really amazing. the 100m pool on the 15th floor is awesome, and the hot and cold jacuzzi's are really fun. Club 50 is a great party on the weekends. Only complaints: the bathroom has an awkward grill that is see through, the front desk has to cover it with a bed sheet if you're uncomfortable with seeing the person your traveling with naked. The TV's are just being put into place so there are a couple of wires here and there - its temporary though!

Gorgeous... but empty

by TripAdvisor Member NikoMN

The hotel is gorgeous and designed almost like a crazy fantasy land, but it is simply WAY too big. I ate at EOS, the restaurant on the 15th floor and had delicious sliders and a great bloody mary... although I should have had faster and more attentive service given I was the only one eating there at the time. I also had a treatment at the Viceroy spa. It is simply breathtaking, but again the lack of people made it feel somewhat uncomfortable. The sauna was ice cold not doubt due to the fact it hadn't been used in days. Corey was an excellent and gave a fantastic facial. all the staff were wonderful, just wish the place didn't feel like a ghost town.

Great hotel, but not without its challenges.

by TripAdvisor Member englishphd

I planned to have a romantic weekend in Miami with my fiance and for the most part it was, but my stay at The Viceroy contributed to both the bitter and the sweet.

If you are looking for a wonderfully decorated room, you don't have to look any further. My king room was aesthetically captivating and the bedding was great. The hotel provides luxurious sheets, pillows and plush towels. In addition to the LCD television, the hotel provides a glass top stove, a single serve coffee machine, microwave and an okay minibar. I had no problem with the room outside of the minor bugs that have to ironed out with a new hotel. In my opinion, some of the hardware and furnishings seemed to be on the less expensive and less durable side of The Home Depot. During our two day stay, the coffee machine needed "rebooting" several times, the television's converter box would malfunction, and the security latch on the door fell off.

Also, this is personal preference, but the bathtub's exposure to the rest of the room left a little to be desired. The commode was private, but the open floor plan did not offer any privacy for the other facilities.

One of the most annoying problems with the room is locating the correct electrical switch for the many lamps and light fixtures. There were two lamps on the nightstands that we still could not operate because of the elusive switches.

The first night's rest was great, but we quickly learned on Saturday night/ Sunday morn that we could hear every car, ambulance and loud car that drove past the front of the hotel on the street below. If you can secure a room on the east side of the hotel, I think that will solve this problem.

We didn't get a chance to enjoy the hotel restaurant because it was so busy that we could not secure a reservation for a decent time for dinner. Instead, we ordered room service that was overpriced and not very good. It seemed rushed, simple and quite expensive considering the quality. After ordering breakfast and then dinner, I cannot comfortably recommend the room service.

The staff was extremely polite and genuinely interested in providing a hospitable stay. Thank you for your efforts.

In all this is a beautiful hotel with wonderful amenities and even more potential. I believe that after a few more months, this will certainly earn accolades from all of its guests.

has it's problems

by TripAdvisor Member Mojito1953

I felt I was nickeld and dimed. There is no option for parking except valet plus $30 per night. So you come a go a couple of times in a day and (of course) tip everytime, and it get's a little out of control. You want ice? You have to call for it and of course tip again. There is a throbbing, humming, vibrating noise all night long. We could not figure out from where but it seemed thoughout the building. All of the lamps in our suite flickered all the time. The bedroom tv could not be programmed with the remote, without the help of the tech, who of course had to be tipped. They oferred a Sunday paper that never arrived. The general ambiance; cold.

Fabulous Luxury Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member llf419

The Viceroy was a fantastic hotel from start to finish!
The rooms were luxurious and spacious!
I felt like royalty!
The pool was a beautiful Infinity pool that look out in to the city of Miami.
The only problem I had with the hotel was the room service.
We requested ice twice and never recieved! Did not quite understand.
after making a few calls to room service we simply gave up!
Other then that it is great for a singles weekend as well as fun for couples!

Cold and Awful decoration!!! Bad service...

by TripAdvisor Member Pam70

We stayed al the Viceroy because we were adviced to visit the spa, and we love the Icon building and Phillip Starck decoration. But the Viceroy has nothing to do with the rest of the complex: the rooms are horrible decorated and over packed with too much furniture that make it difficult to move around. The service at the front desk is awful, and nobody in the hotel can give you information about anything! It seem as no one know how the hotel functions!!!!
We went to the spa ready to enjoy after a long day and we found out that the spa was going to be close for all our stay because of a Tv show filming!! And nobody told us that before while we were cheking in, or walking to our room (even the person who accompained us told us that we had 2 hours of spa remaining that day before closing time!!!). We wasn´t able to use the pool either because it was only open for Icon Residents (and water was also too cold..!).
But summing up: the worst thing is the decoration of all the hotel and the bad service!

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member 14fan

Perfect from start to finish. Great reception. Easy checkin. Beautiful lobby. Room was beautiful with a great bathroom, bed, tv. Pool was magnificient. Only negative thing was th slippery pool deck (type of tile). For being in a city, was quiet.

Plaque commemorating the erection of the monumentPlaque commemorating the erection of the monument

Máximo Gómez ParkMáximo Gómez Park

van dyke cafevan dyke cafe

Scampi wingsScampi wings

hollywood beach to south beach

by darrensunley

Hi,

I'm due to be arriving in Miami in a couple of weeks and am staying at the Ramada hotel on Hollywood Beach. I was hoping that someone could tell me what the best public transport based option of getting down into the city centre (or south beach) is ??

I definitely won't be hiring a car as I've prob only got 2 half days free in the 5 days that I'm there, but was hoping to find out how to head off on my own during those half days to get into the city to see some sights.

Any advice is welcome !!

Thanks in advance,
Darren

Re: hollywood beach to south beach

by mikelisaanna

It will be cheaper and easier to rent a car for a day or two to drive down to South Beach than to take very expensive cab rides to and from there. You could probably cobble together a combination of public transportation segments to get you there, but it will probably not be simple or convenient.

Comments