Adrian Hotels Miami Beach

The harborThe harbor

DancersDancers

show or concert Christmas- New year's week

by Snej

I am searching for a show, musical, interesting sport/cultural even to visit in Miami for the christmas week, i find nothing, i thought they have also the shows like blue men group, or Cercuit de soleit, etc, bassketball game, i can not find anything, strange..can you help please

For the week we stay i planed also a trip to Key west and 1 day cruise to Bahama's, advise on this, wre they worth for a day trip,

Thanks guys!

Re: show or concert Christmas- New year's week

by traveltime10

Have you thought about spending the night in Key West? Last time I drove it from Miami, it took over 4 hours to get there- roadwork, it is only 2 lanes in places, lots of bridges- usually activities happen at sunset in the square- it would be a long drive back- if you didn't have to make it in just one day, you could enjoy more. I don't know if there is still a dinner thatre in Neptune- on the way down to Key West. There also used to be a ferry ride to Dry Tortugas from Key West- made for a nice day trip, small beach, fort to explore.

Re: show or concert Christmas- New year's week

by traveltime10

Search on Miami Beach Vsitor Center- it will give you links to all sorts of special events, cultural events, festivals, etc. in that time period. I did a quick search and they are so many good events that will be happening then- celebrations in parks, lights festivals, dance events. concerts, etc.

Good luck- hope you have a great time.

Travel Tips for Miami Beach

Ocean Blvd eateries

by Shaft28

When walking up and down Miami Beache's Ocean Blvd you find a place to eat in front of almost every hotel.
So many to choose from with their workers all inviting you to come inside. Some are even pretty pushy!
Best tip is to look walk up the strip a bit, see what food and price appeals to you and judge by how many people are in the establishement.
We never set foot in any of them that were less than 1/3 full and were always happy with what we got. Just remember, one block away and it drops prices 10-20%. Ocean Beach can be unreasonable expensive. Prepare for some great people watching, just make sur eyou are not stuck at a table on the side walk, gets crowded and people will bump into you.

Shift in time

by Shaft28

One thing to know while in Miami Beach is that everything starts later.
Coming from the West Coast we were thrilled to get reservations earlier in the day for 8pm at The Pearl - a trendy spot.
Little did we know we would be the 2nd table seated and when we left at 10pm it was only 1/3 full. This was on a Thursday night even.

START LATE!

Clubs open at 11pm and stay open until 6am.

So get on the schedule-
4:30-7:30 nap/relax in room
8:00 drinks
9:30 - dinner
11:30 - until you drop - dancing

Repeat everyday until it feels right!

Coopertown Air Boat Ride

by sue_stone

As I was saying in the previous tip, for as long as I can remember, I have dreamt of visiting the Everglades and seeing the 'sea of grass' first hand. So we headed along highway 41 in search of a place to do just this.

The first Air Boat place we came to was Coopertown, which claims to be the home of the 'original air boat tour'. I had read some good reviews on Coopertown prior to our trip, so we decided to see what they had on offer.

A friendly welcome came our way and we were told that we could take a ride in about 10 minutes time, as they were just setting up for the day. While we were waiting, we had a look at some of the resident alligators.

Then it was time, and Alex and I jumped on board a small Air Boat, along with 2 German tourists, and our friendly captain/guide. The large fan started up and I was very pleased to have bought my ear plugs as it is VERY loud. They supply you with cotton wool if required.

We started off slowly cruising along the swamp, birds taking off in our path, then we picked up speed as we came to the 'sea of grass' and before long we where skimming across the (water logged) grass at a great pace. After a while we slowed down again and entered a more swamp like area where we started some serious alligator spotting, along with turtles and numerous bird species.

We were lucky to see about a dozen alligators, including one big one that came right over to the boat to have a closer look at us. A couple of birds also hitched a ride with us for some parts of the trip.

We stopped at intervals, and the guide gave us lots of information about the Everglades and the flora and fauna around us. It was very informative and very interesting.

The ride lasted around 40 minutes, and at 18 USD each, I thought it was great value. It really was an amazing experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Afterwards we got to hold a baby alligator - it was a lot softer than I imagined it would be, though I thought it wasn't wise to give it a kiss!

11 miles west of Florida Turnpike on U.S 41

Lost weekends

by universalgypsy about Lost weekend

This place is not stylish in any way, but the drinks are strong, the Jukebox is gigantic and has an amazing selection and there are plenty of pool tables to keep you busy and having fun...and therefore drinking all night. I'm not a beer drinker, but they have an international selection and neither the staff nor the guests are pretentious! When you have drunk your fill you can stumble right across the road to Jerrys Deli -open 24 hours!! Absolutely none!!

Nice Hip-Hop atmosphere

by HotSpotJ about Fat Tuesdays

Not really a night club at all, but a nice spot to party at. One thing I love about South Beach and Ocean Drive is the variety of music you will here as you pass by different restaurants and stores, Fat Tuesdays seems to always have the best hip-hop beats playing when I've been there. I can't really recommend any drinks from here but I know the beats are good and so is the atmosphere, if you're into that. Dress how you want. You'll probably be seeing some jerseys or whatnot here.

Comments