3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Albion South Beach

Clean, Great location, good service

My huby and i came for a long weekend, we loved staying at the Albion hotel. Great location, clean rooms, and friendly service. All we really wanted was to get the most out of our stay in miami beach, and having a pleasant clean room to come back to, while not too cosy that you'd wanna spend your whole vacation in. The pool was orderly and fun after a day at the beach. I would recommend this hotel with warm wishes.

Pretty nice, don't worry

My fiance and I stayed at the Albion for three nights. Generally it was a great experience. We stayed in room 507 which was excellent. It's one of the rooms below the "Albion" hotel sign with the 180-degree views. The room was a bit rough around the edges, but nothing horrible. I liked the cd/stereo (great for listening to local Cuban music broadcasts) and full-on TV cable (great for watching the "Fashion TV" channel). The king-sized bed was very comfortable.

The location was perfect - across the street was the Delano and Ritz-Carlton. The beach was a quick walk down the street.

The pool was a bit plain but very quiet and peaceful. There is no bar service at the pool. Tip: Be sure to take advantage of the free ice-tea, oranges, ice and cold water located just inside the door off the pool deck leading to the mezzanine level.

My only negatives about the Albion was the staff was a bit cold and they were unprepared when I wanted to check out (there was some confusion about the bill). Also, South Beach is kind of a tacky place. Don't expect a high-end resort town.

I was a bit worried about the hotel after reading reviews here. But don't worry - you'll have a good time.

i looooved it

after reading all the mixed reviews, i was a little nervous about the hotel. when we pulled up, i was a little excited. i loooove the lobby, great bar and nice bartenders. i was sooo excited when i opened the door to my room. all white everything...and very CLEAN white. our room was spotless. we were in a corner room where we could see everything going on outside. the bathroom was spotless. sheets clean and crisp, very comfortable bed and nice pool. complimentary breakfast everyday and the best staff ever.

the staff basically planned our nights for us. they recommended GREAT clubs/lounges, bars, restaurants to us everyday. and when we decided where we wanted to go each night, they called a cab for us and had it waiting for us when we got downstairs. they even got us on VIP lists for 4 clubs!!! no waiting in those long lines to get in everywhere. i was really sad to leave. this was one of my best times in miami, and i'm there 3-5 times a year. highly recommend it.

Not the best by far.

I live in Scotland and arranged to stay in this hotel 1 night before a cruise and 4 nights after the cruise during Apr 2005.( I stayed with my wife and I'm 32yrs old.)
There are a number of issues that people who are considering this hotel should be made aware of and trust me I will tell it exactly how it is.
The first night was what could only be a disaster. In fairness I arrived later on at night around 2300hrs after being in the Orlando area, and we were given a room that was just big enough for a bed with no space for luggage. And previous comments about thickness of walls are not under stated. This is a very noisy hotel and on the first night I felt I was sharing the room with the ajoining guests. Although the room we got on our second stay wasn't quite as bad.
The following morning I complained about the size of the room and to cut it short they blamed my travel agent for booking 2 different type of rooms and that on my return journey I'd be given a better room. After some persuasion I was allowed to see this room and admitedly it was better and more appropriate for the price paid (£78/p/n - approx $160) I can assure readers that it wasn't my travel agent making a mistake and it was the hotel "chancing their arm"( a guid Sottish phrase..)
The service from the reception staff throughout our stay was only what can be described as a chore for them. They were not very welcoming or helpful.
During our second stay the reception staff were only helpful after i was persistent and firm with my requests. On the second last night they took our mini bar key away without explanation and did not return it upon request stating there were none left. Strange indeed.
On the plus side the location was fairly good located at the top end of Lincoln Ave/Mall where there are many good restraurants.
The guys who work on the lobby were good and helpful and I can't fault them.
In summary I personally would not return to this hotel but if you do choose to stay take ear defenders, the small foam ones are recommended. and if the reception staff don't want to be helpful be firm but respectful and they'll come around - eventually.

Wouldn't bother

Stayed in the Albion 26th April - 5th May 2005. Myself and my friend, both English girls 28yrs old. Wouldnt bother with this hotel. Some website rate it as a 4* which it most certainly is NOT. It is more a 3* at the most.

The hotel has no life.. and is quite dingy.

The money from the refurbishment which apparently occurred a few years ago - seemed to have gone into the reception area. And no where else.

The rooms are crampt. You can tell they are old rooms which have cheaply tried to be modernised. Rooms are so small, especially the bathroom - it was the smallest I had ever seen infact!

I usually frequent Cancun, so am familiar with American standards.. this wasn’t adequate at all in my opinion.

Upon approaching maid service they were rude. And as for the concierge he was also extremely rude – at first he was helpful – then a few days into our stay, we had asked him to recommend a restaurant which consequently turned out to be exactly what we did not request.. upon the concierge receiving my feedback - he said "while we were busy sunbathing all day he was busy calling for reservations for us and that was the best he could offer"! May i question what his job is as concierge?!! As i am on vacation - i will sunbathe all i like! Perhaps he was annoyed that he had not yet had a tip – but he most certainly did not deserve one.

I will however compliment Gina on reception, who was always lovely and most helpful. And upon leaving the hotel, we did Gina as appropriately.

Anyway, i could go on - but wont.

And will just re-iterate - DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS HOTEL!! Plently nicer ones to choose from in South Beach.

Manchester, England

This an excellent hotel,great service.

by TripAdvisor Member Hxboy02

Hello all I have just returned from a 5 night stay at The Albion which is a fantastic hotel with great service. The rooms were large with roomy bathrooms. Excellent pool area large with a seperate sun deck also by the pool there is a mini gym and clean bathrooms. The lobby was Beautiful oh my god as you walk in the staff is great. If you stay there Victoria the bartender/ front desk clerk is awsome she makes excellent rum runners. If you want to party with the Creme de la creme speak to Danny the hotels concierge he had given us VIP entrance to to of the hottest clubs in south beach Amika & State. Amika was awsome just loved it. To the Rubell Family Danny & Vicltoria are keepers. They add so much value to The Albion.

a very unpleasant and uncomfortable stay

The front desk staff seems untrained and rude. The carpets, which are a deep gray color, are so stained that the color doesn't hide the stains. There is no restaurant, just a mediocre continental breakfast. Orange juice is served in plastic cups and the coffee in paper cups. The room furniture is primarily hard laminate except for a hard-angled vinyl chair with ottoman, and the bulb lighting is awkward, so if you are a reader you will not be comfortable. Draperies are exceedingly heavy and dreary, and there are no sheers to allow filtered light. The shampoo/conditioner combination in one bottle is odd, and one's hair does not feel clean nor conditioned after using it. The strangest part of the Albion experience is that the housekeeper knocks on your door each night to hand-deliver a postcard from the management saying how wonderful and appreciated you are.

Nice If You Get the Right Price

by TripAdvisor Member aller et retour

My friends and I stayed at the Albion for 2 nights in June in three rooms on the third floor. The location is fabulous - two blocks from the beach in one direction, and a block away from the Pedestrian Mall on Lincoln Road in the other direction. The lobby is also very eye-catching, and the pool is pretty decent.

Upon first sight, the rooms look nice with their minimalist decor. However, when you look more closely, the rooms are a little worse for wear. There are faint stains on the carpet, comforter, and curtains, and the bathroom sink is chipped in many places.

All three of our rooms reeked of smoke (and my room in particular had some other indefinable odor mixed in), and I am fairly sure I requested non-smoking rooms. To be fair, we did not bother to complain to the front desk since we figured we would not be spending much time in our rooms.

Another minor complaint I had is that certain phone buttons do not work (the ones that are supposed to be direct dials to the Front Desk, Concierge, Maid, etc.). You'll just have to dial "zero" to reach the Front Desk. And in my room, the remote control for the television did not work.

We were able to get these rooms for $110/night, so for that price and to be in that location, I guess we were willing to put up with a lot. Overall, I think the hotel is a good budget option, and if you can get a good rate, it's not a bad place to stay. But I would definitely not be willing to pay more than the rate we paid to stay at the Albion.

Anyhow, I think this hotel has a ton of potential, and if the owners were willing to sink some money in to fix it up, this hotel could be truly amazing.

Decent place if you get a good rate

by TripAdvisor Member travelerppp

I stayed at the Albion for 4 nights and for the rate i got, I can't complain too much. I do agree with other reviewers that this hotel has potential to be a nicer hotel. The lobby looks nice but the rooms do need some help (carpet stains, chipped sinks, tiles missing, elevator graffiti, etc) The rooms are very ikeaish looking but clean. Also, if you are a light sleeper keep in mind that the walls are thin. The pool is a good size but the pool area also has potential to look nicer. I didnt really interact with the staff so I cant say too much. I liked the location. A couple of blocks from the beach and Lincoln Road (where I ate everday) which was overpriced. There's also a 24 hour CVS across the street which came in handy. I would stay here again only if I got a good rate.

Great Service, Great Location, Average Accomodations

by TripAdvisor Member tuckmics

First, I will agree with many of the other reviews that this is not a 3 or 4 star hotel in it's current condition.

Having said that, I was in Miami Beach for a conference being held at the Miami Beach Convention Center. My main criteria were 1) being near the Convention Center and 2) within the government lodging rate. At $110 a night and less than two blocks from the Convention Center, it worked out great. It was the least expensive hotel in the area (that I would actually stay in). The fact that it was a block from the Beach and the boardwalk, as well as two blocks from the Lincoln Road retail strip (galleries, restaraunts, shops, bars, etc) was a bonus. 5 blocks from the North end of South Beach and the great restaurants, clubs and beautiful people. Granted the rooms could use some updating but it is a beautiful Deco hotel, with great public spaces. With some money pumped into it, it could be a great destination spot. Free internet PC on the mezzanine level was great to check email as the dialup on my laptop took ages to connect. Bathroom was small but room was quite large. Bed was comfortable. Great view of the pool area directly below my room. No restaraunt as mentioned before but any number of choices within a few blocks. Also there were two 24-hour drug stores directly across Lincoln Road for late night snacks. The staff was GREAT! Extremely helpful, great bell service...needed a taxi a number of times during the week and was arranged quickly. Desk clerk was able to answer questions and offer suggestions for places to go/things to do. The bartender was friendly and efficient. The Duck Tour vehicle stopped right out front of the hotel...would recommend it particularly on a hot day...the water portion of the tour is lengthy...approximately 50 minutes of the 90 minute tour are on Biscayne Bay. What else, the workout room was small but never busy. In fact, the whole week I was there, I barely saw a soul, though the desk clerk told me they were 90% full.

I would definately stay there again and would recommend it for the location and service. However, as mentioned in other reviews, don't expect the Ritz or The Fountainbleau.

Clubs/Bars/Hotels

by BritishLion

Me and my friends (4 guys in total) are coming over to Miami from the 10th of May'06. Whats the dress code like at the bars/clubs? I know in London, many clubs need guys to wear collar shirts and trousers. Is it more relaxed in Miami?

Also, we are going to stay at The Albion Hotel, which is at 1650 James Ave. How far away from the entertainment areas are we going to be?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RE: Clubs/Bars/Hotels

by TonyV123

The dress code depends on the club your going to.

In some clubs no matter how your dress they might not let four guys in until 1AM.or 2AM. without girls that is.

You might want to check Cooljunkie.com or Clubplanet.com for V.I.P. or for club info.

and your hotel is walking distance from most clubs.

Hope this help you out TonyV123

RE: RE: Clubs/Bars/Hotels

by BritishLion

Thanks for the advice. We'll have to make sure that we have some women with us before going to the clubs. This should make the daytimes interesting ; )

Comments