Baltic Hotel

7643 Harding Ave, Miami Beach, Florida, 33141, United States
Baltic Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Miami Beach

View from our roomView from our room

La Sanwicheria frontLa Sanwicheria front

Mangos InteriorMangos Interior

Cadillac Escalade, our car during the holidayCadillac Escalade, our car during the holiday

Accidently Going To Miami South Beach on My Own! Help!! Info needed!

by TravellingAlone

Hi All, I'm from the UK and I was supposed to be visiting my friend in Miami South Beach for 3 weeks of unadultarated fun at the beginning of September 2007. Unfortunately my friend has had to return to the UK for work reasons and what is even more unfortunate is that my flight is non-refundable! I'm going to be staying in his appartment at the Flamingo complex.

Please can anyone let me know what is good to do in South Beach if you are a single traveller (baring in mind that I'm out there for 3 weeks)?!? Do people go to bars and clubs on there own in South Beach?

I'm quite an outgoing person, but I don't want to do things where I'm going to feel like a spare part!

All suggestions are much appreciated! Help! (p.s. I'm a male)

I can sympathize with your "dilemma"

by PR-7

I often go with my wife to her business conferences, at which she is going to meetings all day. As such, I have to find a way to enjoy myself on my own. What I do is simple: I find out where there's places that have what I enjoy doing. When I was in South Beach Miami last year, this was a bit of a problem, because I enjoy neither sitting on a beach nor checking out bars at night -- the two big draws of SB! So I found other things to do nearby: snorkeling at Pennekamp State Park, hiking through the Everglades, watching the sunset at Key West (and other historical sites, like Truman's White House), visiting the Miami museums, gawking at Coral Castle, going to Miami MetroZoo. You're limited only by what you like to do. Some places may require a rental car to visit, but these are cheap in Florida.

If, unlike me, you enjoy lying on a white sandy beach during the day and bar hopping at night; I imagine you'll have a wonderful time in SB. If you get tired of those, check out what else there is to do that you enjoy, and go do it.

Re: Accidently Going To Miami South Beach on My Own! Help!! Info needed!

by paddickp

Hi my wife and i are flying to miami on the 1st sep 07 and we are going to bonita springs for 10 days and then on to orlando for 11 days.
What i would surgest is have a look on line and see what takes your fancy.
I am into custom cars and bikes so i have found out where the shows are and we are going to a few.
Hopefully you have a car so your choice is endless.
Maybe we will see you on the plane over virgin vs005
Robin

Travel Tips for Miami Beach

Port Miami!

by Hexepatty

The Port of Miami remains the undisputed "Cruise Capital of the World." Miami home-ported 18 cruise ships and nearly 3.6 million passengers in Fiscal Year 2002. The port's impact on Miami-Dade County is estimated at more than $8 billion and 45,000 jobs. One out of every three North American cruise passengers sails from Miami. What can I say? I am a Trans Junky! I love these kinda facts and often used them in my Principles of Trans class I taught...

Recreation

by balieyes

Golfing at one of Miami's many courses; betting on a horse race; scuba diving, snorkeling or fishing in the Atlantic or Biscayne Bay; hang gliding, kiteboarding and windsurfing on Biscayne Bay along Rickenbacker Causeway; bicycling or Rollerblading through Coconut Grove or South Beach.

La Ermita de La Caridad del...

by mannymiami

La Ermita de La Caridad del Cobre is the most sacret place for Cubans in the excile community. Its a Place where they congregate and worship. Its also a very intresting building and has a unique style of its own. Its right in Coconut Grove alongside biscayne bay.

Hip and Hopping in South Beach

by balisunshine about Various

Even when you are a South Beach resident,
keeping up with the
happenings of the nightlife
can be an ever shifting challenge.

Night clubs open and close,
changing ownerships and names,
and then having different parties and themes
for diverse nights of the weeks.

A lot of editorials and web-sites
are also outdated in their information
having a difficult time keeping up
with the times.

The Miami Herald's 'Street',
does a pretty good job in keeping up to date,
while the Miami New Times
often has outdated info in it.

If you are into celebrity filled
hip-hop parties,
Opium Garden;
www.opiummiami.com
has been known
to house the best hip-hop party
in the nation on Sunday night's Ritual party.

Another good source
is getting the word
right out of the horses mouth,
the promoters.

A rising hip-hop promoter
is Michael Madd, who claims,

"I DON'T THROW PARTIES,
I MAKE MUSIC & CREATE VIBES...."

hosts parties at venues such as:

Thursday night at Crobar;
Friday night at Rumi's;
Saturday night at Pearl's;
Sunday night at Mynt
and other parties in NYC.

E-mail for more info:

mrmadd@michaelmadd.com

Stay tuned for more on South Beach's night life to come. Cool Dude!

How you DONT want to get around

by HotSpotJ

Be safe and courteous when you're down here partying. Yes, there are just as many trouble starters here as there is anywhere you involve alcohol and hot women. Don't get caught up in it, I've noticed that they have beefed up the Police on Ocean over the past few years. You might get a free ride but its not going back to your hotel room.

Comments