Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort

4101 Collins Avenue, (formerly Atlantic Oceanfront), Miami Beach, Florida, 33140, United States
BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 14% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort

Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort - The Worst Stay Ever!! :(

by TripAdvisor Member psubat

This was the worst Hotel I have ever been to. First off, the check in took approx. 3 hours to get into a room. During the Check-In the computer's were down whihck added to our wait (they would not let us in a room, and made us wait.) Later, we found that 1 of the 3 elevator's broke down. Considering the enormous size of people in the hotel 2 elevator's were not enough. So we had to wait for elevators that took over 15 minutes to come to our floor to ride to your destination. Once checked into our room, we found out that the safe was not working (we wanted to use it)so we asked for a new room. We got into a room that did not have a balcony and a good view so we went back to our original room which took about an hour. Then, we found out that they charged money for the safe whether you used it or not :(in our case we didn't) One morning we found only 2 bath towels for my family of 4. We asked the customer service to bring up 2 more towels and an hour later there was still 2 less towels. This was the WORST EXPERIANCE I have ever had in a hotel. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The response from the hotel was: We apologize....

Excellent hotel with excellent price

by TripAdvisor Member mef201

I was pleasantly surprised by the Best Western Atlantic Beach resort. I just got back yesterday after staying 2 nights in Miami Beach. The hotel was clean and comfortable. It was right on the beach. The only complaint I have is about the elevator. Like some other previous reviewers experienced, the elevators were pretty slow, especially on our first day when some tour groups were also checking in. I can't comment on the housekeeping because I left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, but there were plenty of fresh towels as well as a fridge. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and all in all I was happy we chose to stay here.

Nice ok place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Hotelbody

Well to start off, this Hotel is ok for a deent price now don't get me wrong, I would like to see some upgrades go on here but it's ok for the family to come ad stay.1st- the best room in the hotel is on the south end of the building, It's a King size bed with good size with a great view to the ocen and on the side becuase of the huge balcony. The bathroom is clean and looks nice as well. The balony doors are reaaallllll biigggg like the balcony but watch your step when you go out becuase of the way the doors are made. The drades totaly inclose the room for darkness in the morning if you don't like all that sun in your eyes when you first wake up. 2nd-Now the down side......The beds are not soft at all and the room does not have alot of electrical outlets for all your stuff, the bathroom which is clean but also has no space for all your needs. The air cond is not that good at all OR because the sun is so hot it would seem that side of the building gets hotter than the rest because it faces the ocean which is the side the sun rises. All the rooms are not like this as far as space and the way it's set up. The other rooms are ste up the normal way. They also have a restaurant inside, the breakfast was nice $15.00 per but my lady say's it was a god price, I say it could have been a little less but also it was a buffet so I guess it was priced ok (I guess)........3rd- Pool is very small if your a pool hog and you like that pool scene but again it was ok and clean as well. 4Th- The staff was pleasent to me and mine and helpful with some things....{Things I'd like to see done differently} They have the iron connected to the board wich is very gueeto to me-Better air cond-softer beds more elect outlets-and some upgrades on room funiture. Last of all- Parking down in Miami is crazy and I'll tell you why, If you drive your own car then you will have to go with the valet parking wich for some of you is not even a problem which I can understand but for some of us like myself, you don't want other people jumping in and out of your car and parking it who know where and doing who knows what in your car. I was down here last year and seen the parking valet (two guy's)sitting in a guest car in the back talking on the cell phone which all the hotels park the guest cars in the back of the hotel but will tell you that they park two blocks away, ow if that was true, how would the valet get back to the hotel so fast and now you have three to five poeple to get there car parked and your telling me they all park two to three blocks away and then walk back? LOL LOL NO! I watch all of them at different hotels do the same thing over and over again so I know! Anyway I have enclosed some pic's of this place for everyone and I hope it will make you choice a better on :)

They have no idea at the front desk what they are doing

by TripAdvisor Member citrom2000

The hotel double charged us , i have not heard any respond from them.I have to dispute the charge.They charged both of our credit card.
The house keeper woke us up at 8.15 am in the morning.
She was knocking on door.
Hair in tub , coffe maker not working...luquid soap in tub...
well a guess too many problems from a chain like this.
By the way....i reguested the manager to contact me about the double charge , he has not done it yet....it's been a week now...
Good luck

Great location, Great rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Starmaster2002

We had reserved this hotel while it was still under name of "Fairfield Inn And Suites", but that didn't cause us any troubles. We were at the hotel around 6pm to check in, and at that time there wasn't really any lines. We got our two rooms from the fifth floor with balconies and partial ocean view. The rooms were clean and nice.

We stayed here total 3 nights, and it was a nice stay in total. The only problems we had staying here, was after cleaning we ended up one towel short in second room. Also, the safe was not working in second room. We mentioned this at the desk, but appereantly nobody came to fix it. They were about to charge for the safe at checkout, but when we told them that it didn't work, and nobody came to fix it, they waived the charge without any problems.

We didn't experience any long queues at the reception, in overall it worked quite well. Our stay also included breakfast at hotel. We had to go to reception every morning to get our coupons, so this would be one place where they could do better - why not give the coupons right when you check-in ? It would save some time from the reception.

The breakfast was enjoyable, and really filling. (Frankly, we don't usually eat this much at the morning here in Finland!). They had quite a selection of almost everything you can think of having at the breakfast.

We also had rented a car, and used the valet parking service. It was perhaps a bit pricey, but it worked quite well. Our car was retrieved each time in about 10 minutes or less.

So here is my opinion in short:
Positive:
- GREAT location. Right next to the beach, and the boardwalk is also right next to the hotel
- Fast valet service
- Breakfast
- Cleanliness
- Pool area was clean

Negative:
- There was some garbage at the roof of the building that was viewable from our rooms.

Reasonably priced hotel in prime location

by TripAdvisor Member GinnySW

Great value located at 4101 Collins Av. We walked from our hotel to Ocean Drive where the Art Deco district resides. Around 25 blocks, but that's the kind of walk all of us really need every day. It is on the boardwalk and straightforward. But one doesn't need to go that far for an enjoyable stay. The Atlantic Ocean beach is across the boardwalk from this hotel. This hotel has a pool and lounging area. Most rooms have balconies. A restaurant and a very small sundries concession are included. Room service was prompt and apetizingly presented. Helpful staff.

Before booking, I carefully read Trip Advisor reviews on the Miami area. You saved me from more than one disaster.

Increadible value for money

by TripAdvisor Member claudelux

Staying mid-December at Miami Beach directly at the boardwalk in an oceanfront room for USD 170 is just unbeatable. I dont know if the hotel has been refurbished recently, but reading previous negative reviews I think this must be the case. Everything was very clean and new. Staff was friendly and helpful. Can abolutely recommend it.

Location was great fun at the beach. We love Miami

by TripAdvisor Member NettyOntario

My husband and I were there in early Dec 2008. We both though that the hotel was good for the price....the only thing my husband would of like to have near the hotel was more restaurants. Yes there a restaurant in the hotel we did not see anyone there for super….Not sure why and that the big reason we did not even look at the menu.

What we liked about the Hotel it is quite. Some distance from South beach however, it is walk able.

For me they need to improve there gym equipment. There is about four cardio machine in there gym and there only one working. What a joke however, you can walk the beach walkway or run it in the morning because in the afternoon it is to hot. It is actually located right in the hotel backyard. So Cool

There is a pool, small but nice. At the beach, they will charge you for the lounge chairs DO not pay for what there asking. I believe it was $15.00 a day. Offer them $5.00. If there not willing just walk away.

Now just like everyone below did maintain the elevator. Yes, it is a big problem (((((it's to slow))))) I hope someone from the hotel is reading this because it needs help.

Have fun in Miami because it is one of the nicest places in the USA.

Overall good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member fakk

This was a general good experience. Very clean room, nicely situated with sea view. Modest priced (200 $) compared to others and ok for our budget. Not new hotel, but renovated and still under maintenance. In the aisle it smelled newly painted and some workers did paint jobs outside. Very nice! Free internet also ok. The lobby had a very nice appearence.

Overall a good first impression. But the restaurant was a somewhat different experience.

The ice cold A/C restaurant employed 4-5 persons serving max. 8 customers and we think that these employees were new in business since nothing worked after the plan this fatal evening.

A couple had to return the food (ice cold). After some minutes the chef turned up and blamed the waiters for not bringing the hot food to the customer fast enough.

This small dispute led our thoughts to the British series "Fawlty Towers" (which we simply love!) and we used the occurence to put names on the different persons involved in the dispute. The waiter we had was Manuel.

From a professional view the chef's appearence was unforgiveable, but it was fun. Never dispute in front of other guests. On the other side I really understand that he was angry.

Our ordered Coca Colas were delivered with ice even if we specifically ordered without. It was changed. Food was ok at the price of $ 16 per head (nice Salmon), so even if the kitchen this night was like "Fawlty Towers" we at least had no major complaints. But for sure they had their problems in organizing the work loads!

Even this occurence will not change our minds in recommending this hotel.

Enjoy the stay...

Trendy yet noisy!

by TripAdvisor Member Dutchees

On Januar 1st we stayed at this hotel at a very high price.
This has to do ofcourse due to the holiday season, but it was definitely not worth the money!

The room is very nice, bed is great and the bathroom is new. It's completely renovated. Yet...the walls are terribly thin!
We stayed at level 4 however this is 2nd floor in real. This means the lobby is open! Which also means that once people are going to breakfast you will hear everything! Also the neightbours you can easily follow the conversations.

It was quite a dissapointed eventhough the facilities are pretty good. But if you don't get a good night sleep due to the noise it's definitely not worth the money!

My advice, choose a better hotel eventhough it's more expensive. But it makes your stay at Miami Beach so much more fun!!!!

Bayside MarketBayside Market

Living AreaLiving Area

At the stateclubAt the stateclub

Tiffany spire at The HotelTiffany spire at The Hotel

Cheap accommodation?

by madregus

Hola!
We are 5 spaniards planning to stay in Miami beach from 11-16th febr.
-Can anyone recommend me a cheap hostel to stay?
-I´ve heard that in Miami it is worth to rent a car, as the distances to get anywhere are long, do you agree?
-Is it possible to swim by this time of the year?
Thank you very much in advance, and sorry for my poor english!
Susana

RE: Cheap accommodation?

by pulgaron

Hola Susana, the hotel I most recomend to VT friends is The Clay Hotel. It has hostel rooms and also hotel rooms. It is clean and frequented by lots of young people. It has also history, Al Capone once had offices in thet building. If you are two or more I say choose the hotel room. It will be cheaper to share expenses and you will have more privacy. the hotel is a short three blocks from the beach and it is right on a pedestrian only street with many resaturants and boutiques. One of the restaurants, at the other end of the block, you will feel rigth at home. It is a tapas restauant where you can get a tinto and a tapa every night. Lincoln Mall is two blcoks away. The hotel is on Washington street where most of the night clubs are located, so it is in a very central location that you can easily reach walking. You will not need a car until you decide to venture beyond South Beach.
Let me know if I can help with more info.

Cheers.

RE: RE: Cheap accommodation?

by madregus

Thank you very much!

RE: Cheap accommodation?

by joeytravels

I used to live there and I never owned a car and it was fine if your on the beach between 2nd and 20th and ocean to alton...you'll have everything you need...as for hostels the Clay on washington and espanola way is the best...very friendly people clean accomadations washer/dryer, internet, and private or dorm style rooms..less than three blocks from the water, and next to all the good clubs and restaurants...

RE: RE: Cheap accommodation?

by AuTourDuMonde32

If you're staying in Miami BEACH, you will spend more time looking for parking than you will be driving~
Rent a bicycle, that way and getting around by foot are the best~

otherwise there Miami has an *excellent* bus system~
In the CITY of Miami, and the south florida megalopolis~ A car would be benefitial.. but I doubt that's what you're crossing an ocean to see.. And the major sites on the mainland (Vizcaya, Calle Ocho, etc) are easily accessible via the S or C buses from South Beach (+one easy transfer)~

Bus map @ http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/transit/library/tm_for_web.pdf

However, I would recommend renting a car for a day and driving to the Keys or the Everglades~
But that's another story! haha
And about your "poor english".. it seems great to me! and anyway, in Miami, you don't need English!
Have a great trip!!