140 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Great location on a budget!

The Century Hotel is one of Miami Beach's classic Art Deco hotel, having been in existence for some 70 years.

This hotel is all about location at the right price. A little further down Ocean Drive than the main strip of Miami Beach hotels, this offers a great location with good accessibility to Miami Beach whilst still managing to keep its prices affordable. I managed to reduce this further by using the Hotwire website and doing a little research which ensured that I was quietly confident that I was going to get a hotel that I was going to be pretty happy with at a price that was going to be really good!

Unique Quality: Continental breakfast (included in the room rate) is served in the hotel lobby.

Rooms are adequate with good facilities including TV and fridge whilst the showeroom has the usual toiletries provided.

This hotel is located within easy access of the main Miami Beach Ocean Drive strip and the staff are very helpful and friendly and can assist you in planning your time in Miami.

More about Century Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member muneca09

Good points:
-Location across the beach on Ocean Drive
-1 block from Nikki Beach
-15 blocks from Art District
-Beds have duvet covers
-Bathroom amenities are natural products from UK
-Marble shower with glass
-Dog friendly, the have a gorgeous Boxer greeting you
-Staff is friendly and helpful
-Away from crowded & noisy street

Bad Points:
-Not clean room
-When you shower the water goes everywhere in the
bathroom
-Walls are no well isolated; you can hear the
neighbor voice and TV.
-Mosquito
-Closet in guestroom needs to be restore

Wonderful people of Century Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MyScreen3

We stayed at Century Hotel over the 1st weekend of May, 2006 and we liked it. It might be not fancy, but clean and nice, and the location is the quietest on the Ocean Drive. But I want to tell about what happend after we left: on the flight back to Boston I realized that I left my wedding band (a gold ring with diamonds) in the room. I called the hotel the next day, and they said - yes, we found it! They sent it back to me, and I cannot thank them enough for being so honest and so helpful. I think this incident tells a lot about how good is the staff of Century Hotel!

Thank you, guys, again and again!

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member celebrien

I recently spent four nights at the Century Hotel and was quite pleased with both the room and the area. The room was very simple and sparcely decorated, but extremely clean. The bathroom was a bit odd, as there was no door to the shower and no tub, so it was a bit of a challenge to keep the bathroom floor from getting wet, but it really wasn't much of an issue. And the pressure and temperature of the water were perfect no matter how lengthy the shower. The bed was unusually comfortable. As for the location, it was far enough away from the madness of Ocean Drive to be very quiet and serene at night, but still only a very short walk to all the bars and restaurants. It's across the street from the beach and only 18 blocks to Lincoln Ave. I understand that there's a good bus system with a stop very close to the hotel that will take you all over Miami Beach, but we never felt the need to use it. I'd highly recommend the Century for anyone travelling on a budget, it's a great deal.

Bring on 2006

I recently visited Miami for the first time at the end of December 2005. This hotel was a great find. It was small and quaint, but still modern and had a nice "art deco" feel to it. The room was just the right size, not too small, very sparsly decorated and simple. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, and there was a nice view too. The only complaint I would have was the fact that the shower has no door to block the water from getting out, but it didn't really pose a problem. The hotel gave us beach towels and the front desk men were so friendly! they helped us with making dinner reservation, directions, even recommended some great places to see and eat. I would also recommend renting a scooter in Miami. Its only about $75/day and we got to drive to downtown Miami and just enjoy the scenery. It was amazingly fun. Also the Century is only a few blocks away from all the food and fun, so clubs, restaurants and bars were only a short walk away from us. We got to meet a few celebs and definately said goodbye to 2005 in one of the most fun cities in the country. You should check it out! We rung in 2006 right!!

Cute but noisy!

by TripAdvisor Member mini-chippers

We went with 2 other couples to Miami 2 weeks ago following a week in Vegas. The hotel rooms were very stylish and clean, we did not have a bath in our room though. There is a continental breakfast provided which was great. Hotel staff were very friendly and were very informative. The location is fantastic as you are on the best street in Miami but and the south end so away from the main area. The only complaint I would have is the noise, all of the 3 rooms we had had a window that would not shut and as we were there over a weekend the noise from the streets was very loud. There are no dining facilities but one block behind is the Big Pink diner, the quality of the food is fantastic, the food selection enormous and the portions the same. Overall a good value art deco gem in one of the best streets in the world!

Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member early2day

The good part. The bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in a hotel and had nice hardwood floors; bathroom has no shower curtain just half a glass door, but it's spacious; continental breakfast is offered; you can watch a video in the lobby on the big screen TV, staff was nice and courteous and the beach is within walking distance. The not so good part was our room with 2 double beds had no sitting area. But the rooms with one bed had a sitting area and spacious. The bathroom shower had some mildew in the grout on the edges and there's no disignated parking, only metered street parking if your lucky to find one & public parking several blocks away. You maybe able to park in the hotel parking lot across the street, but will be costly. So, if your elderly and don't do a lot of walking I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Don't Expect a 3-Star Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member e_gorey

My friend and I are both in our mid 20s and are not really picky about hotels. But as we arrived in SoBe for a weekend of partying, we discovered that this hotel was horrible...let's just say we were ecstatic when we moved onto the next portion of our trip and stayed at a plain old Holiday Inn. First, there's no parking, so we paid $30 at the Marriott on Friday night and metered it on Sat. When we walked in, the guy at the front desk was burning incense, no doubt to cover up some foul smell. The tiger-print carpet was extremely dirty and we had to haul our bags up to the second floor. The room is the TINIEST of all of the "boutique" hotels I've ever stayed in, including in Europe. It's literally smaller than most private hostel rooms with 2 twin beds. No nightstand (it gets interesting when you have to use your suitcase as a nightstand), no sitting area, no desk. A TV wouldn't fit it in the room so they mount it on the ceiling. The bathroom is even worse - it's literally a 5' x 5' cube - our hook was torn off so there was no place to hang towels. The shower was tiny with no curtain, so water splashed all over the floor. There's a shelf over the tiny sink (that doesn't drain completely) so you bang your head when you try to wash your face. The continental breakfast is also extremely ghetto - what appears to be old muffins and bagels. I personally had the cereal with warm milk. $5 to rent a beach towel. The pluses - the beach is right across the street; Gilchrist & Soames toiletries; comfortable bed & linens; nice if a little too friendly staff; close to Opium Garden (but not anything else unless you're willing to walk 10 blocks in heels through a shady area at night). We have bruises all over our legs from accidentally walking into the beds in the room. This place is cheap. Unless you can get a room for $80 or so, save yourself the trouble and, if you're going to spend money on a bad hotel, at least stay where the action is (starting at about 8 blocks up).

Comfortable, Close and Clean

by TripAdvisor Member shell_217

We got this hotel for cheap, about $50 a night, during the week and it was great. It is right in front of the Marriott which means it's also across the street from the beach. There's also a Starbucks in front of the hotel which was gerat. It is at the end of all the action of SoBe which we appreciated since we wanted to rest when we got to our room. My husband and I really liked this place. It's great for a couple of twenty-somethings. It's decor is upbeat and our room was great. We had dark harwood floors ( I get grossed out by carpeting so this is great) and it all seemed impeccably clean. The bed was ultra comfortable. The showers are contemporary. Some people might not like the fact that there is a glass pane and no shower door but honestly, unless you toss water everywhere, it's not a big deal. Breakfast was typical continental breakfast and there are two computers available for guest use with internet. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful when we asked for directions. They even made it a point to know our names which I thought was cool. On the downside, we did have to pay for parking at the Marriott which was $30.00 a day. There are parking meters which are free at night but you have to fill in with quarters during the day.

Nice place, but no parking and a bit noisy

by TripAdvisor Member geoffire

Nice little place on Ocean Ave near the action. I found the room nice with obviously recently remodeled bathroom. There were a few nice touches like a stereo system and Miami guild books. The room was nice and clean, and the staff was nice. The room is upscale and the bed was comfortable.

there are a few issues though.
No designated parking - the choices are park across the street at the Marriott for $30, public parking garage down the street or feed the meter, which thank to free from 12pm to 9am is what I opted to do.

The other main problem is the noise.
the nice wooden blinds were covering (I’m guessing) the original windows in this old building that did little to block noise. if you go to bed early, expect to listen to the buisy street outside.

The other source of noise was the LOUD AC unit, although I halfway wanted it to stay on constantly to drown out the sound of the street outside.

All in all our stay was a positive experience, but if noise bothers you as it does me your probably better off somewhere else. Parking probably only cost me $5 total, but it was annoying to wake early to feed the meter.

Comments