1020 Ocean Drive, Currently closed, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Rated 14% higher but also costs 48% more than other 3 star hotels

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Best party on the beach

Great service, the rooms are kinda small, so if you are in need of alot of space better go with the larger ocean front room. You will have a poolside room option, so if you think Leno is the late show you'd be safer on the queit side of the hotel, the poolside is still going loud until at least 4-5AM. They have a great staff on hand and were always polite to me in both of my stays there this year. The food was good, I took a liking to the Mahi Mahi...mmmmmmmm

Unique Quality: The unique quality this place has is its absolute party atmosphere... balls to the wall noon until 5AM..... like a college party on steriods with hot bodies everywhere, ecspecially on Sat afternoon, they have the beaches #1 model/body contest, and usually have liquor reps giving out shirts and hats and whatnot. The only bad thing about this atmosphere is it can wear on you after a few days, and I didn't like having to walk the stairsafter 9 every night due to club-type security precautions.

Directions: MacArthur Causeway through until left onto Collins and then a right onto 10th.

More about Clevelander Hotel

Clevelander,
Liquid,

by Atilla about Clevelander,
Liquid,

Clevelander is spot that you can drink couple of beer and see the people cause this place is always crowded and there are so much to see.
Liquid is the spot that you can dance all night long. in Liquid you must wear suit.
in Clevelander you can wear whatever you want ,nobody will tell you nothing.

Was this a prison or a hotel???

I'm not one to take the time to write a review on a stay, but I have to say that The Clevelander Hotel was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, in my entire life. We went during the Winter Music Conference '05, and the overall experience of Miami was great. Fortunately I wasn't in the room much because of all the parties going on. The staff was "EXTREMELY" rude. I got home with my girlfriend one night around 5:30am, and we showed the security guard our keys, and he second guessed us and didn't believe those were ours. He started using his "STRONG MAN" authority and threaten to kick us out because I asked him why he's second guessing us. The guy was a total prick!!! Then, the next day my girlfriend and I went out for ice cream and we decided to take it back to the room. The ice cream was in a normal sized cone, and they said we couldn't take any food into our room. Then finally, we left our hotel for a nice dinner, and the front desk insisted that we had to wear a huge red wristband that would allow us into the hotel when we got back, as our id's and keys weren't good enough. Might I add, that I had a corner ocean/pool view, and the room still sucked. The shower was horrible too. There wasn't any type of enclosure to keep the water from spraying out all over your bathroom floor. The toilet paper handle broke off, which I thought that was kind of funny and the toilet also clogged up from tissue alone. Fortunately, I have a beautiful girlfriend that has a since of humor, and we both made the best out of the situation. I will definitely avoid staying on Ocean Blvd. during next years WMC.

Nosiy and basic but well located

My friend and I, both middle aged females from Ireland, stayed at the Clevelander for two nights at the beginning of March 05. I knew it would be noisy so we asked for the quiet side which was not too noisy, but certainly not totally quiet either. When we entered the room we laughed because the painting was lop sided and that kinda summed up the basic, but clean atmosphere. The staff were helpful. The location was great. Though we did not exactly match the core target audience, we still sat by the bar one evening and watched the young people strut their stuff and have fun. No one bothered us. If you are looking for a quiet calming South Beach experience, don't go to the Clevelander. The price was also good which allowed us to drink in the Delano and sleep on Ocean Drive.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member mztiffy

I stayed at the Clevelander Hotel January 16th - 19th, 2005. This is a great place to stay if you want to stay in the middle of all the action. It is walking distance to everything. This is one of the better looking hotels in the area from the outside, the inside is not that bad. I was a little shocked when I first walked inside because it didn't look like a hotel at all but the service was great and that is what really counts, but hey what do you exepct for $99/night. I stayed in room 203 (noisy side) and it truly wasn't that loud I had a veiw of the pool and the beach, the room was a nice size with 2 double beds, a small television but who really watches television in South Beach, there wan't a clock/radio but with the music from the pool area you really didn't need one. The washroom was small but deal with it. For the most part room 203 looks just like the pictures on the website but this room had carpet instead of tile floors. The elevators stop running at 9:00pm due to security measures which was fine by me, I was on the 2nd floor but on a serious note - there are so many people in and out of this please I felt safe with the elevators shut down and the door leading to the stairs you had to get buzzed in but to top it off after a certain time you have to show your hotel key to enter the hotel. The pool area is the best, the music was good also the DJ played music for everyone and the food was great. The drinks are good also. This is the only place I will stay at from now on. I love the Clevelander, I will be back this summer.
If you are uptight and want to relax don't stay here. But if you want to have a great time Clevelander all the way.

Soooo much fun!

A few trips ago, my boyfriend and I walked by the Clevelander and it looked like SUCH a great time. So, for our next trip, I made reservations (I got a GREAT deal by the way). I then realized that I probably should have checked user reviews before I made the reservation - and after reading EVERY review on this site, I was sort of worried about the quality. All I read about was how disgusting it was and how unfriendly the staff was. I am very picky and neat. I like things to be clean and fresh. I am an EXTREMELY prissy girl, so I thought I may have made the wrong decision. The Clevelander was actually SOOOOO AWESOME! Yes, the room was sort of small (but who wants to spend all the time in the room when you're on South Beach anyway!?!) The air conditioner was working, and so were ceiling fans... the decoration is funky and cool. The shower water temp. fluctuated a little bit and you had to practically jump out of the hot water (made for a HILARIOUS shower experience), but the sheets were fresh, the towels were changed every day, and the staff was SO friendly!!! We checked in late, and they helped us right away. The only staff negative was when a female bartender practically ignored us to talk to her friend - so we went to the outside bar (which by the way is a blast every night) and every cocktail waitress was so friendly and adorable. They remembered our order almost every night, despite the crowds of people. The pool is not for swimming (not because it's gross, but because people are preoccupied by drinking and dancing instead). The music is great... but listen to the reviews that say you'll have trouble sleeping if you have a room overlooking the pool. You can't be mad about the noise and music though! It's Miami!! Anyways, if you're a prissy girl like myself, you'll be fine!!! If you are looking for the four seasons, go somewhere else, but if you're looking for a BLAST, in the PERFECT location (seriously - you can walk anywhere), stay here. I swear you'll be happy!

Party Hotel

Stayed there with my brother last summer and for 11 days. We wanted to party and this hotel was recommended to us. We are pretty sure that there was no other place which could rival it. It was a sweet location on the beach, we had a really nice view of the beach and Ocean Drive. Just a block away from Versace's gaff. Great sports bar and more bars outside, pretty good food, a pool that was small and pretty sparsely used, but hey the sea is just over the road so use it. You could live and party there and never need to see much of the rest of Miami, but if you did its a pretty good base to do so.

Main event was probably the bikini comps each Saturday, havent seen anything quite like it, the cream of what you see on Ocean Drive every day and the latest tracks for them to shake it to. The bar staff were cool and eager to give advice as to where the "real" action is in the evenings, their house DJ did got a bit off the script every now and then and it should be noted it can get busy when the locals like P Diddy turn up so you might want to avoid them and hit the cooler places. Would definitely stay there again, good for groups of lads or ladettes, kids arent allowed for a good reason.

Dont go here if you dont like to party hard and enjoy yourself.

by HotSpotJ

"Another long weekend at the Clevelander"

If you come in to Miami to party, and aren't concerned about concierge service or valet parking or any other fru-fru things, then I would recommend staying at the Clevelander. It is such a fun time, catering to those between the ages of 21 and 35, with tons of energy, decent food and great pool-side events. I try to get a Clevelander weekend in at least once a year!

"The rooms"

The rooms at the Clevelander are small and "raw", and are really only meant to store your bags until stays end. When you book, you will be asked if you want pool side or quiet side, pool side will keep you awake until about 4AM with the crowd and music.

"The Bars"

The Clevelander has 4 bars, three outside and one inside, with great happy hour deals and a very attentive waitstaff ready to serve you some of Miamis best drinks. I recommend the Miami Vice cocktail!

"Entertainment"

It seems like each time you walk out of your room here there is more entertainment around the pool. Always some type of contest or dancing, its really like a nightclub with rooms attached...

"Hot Body Contest"

The Clevelanders most popular event is the Hot Body Contest held poolside on Saturday afternoons. It is very hard to get a poolside table for this in peak season, and is drawn out with three different rounds of lingerie, evening wear and swimsuit. This is something I would do once or twice, but eventually you are going to want to get away because they make this thing last HOURS and it tends to waste your Saturday afternoon.

"Sports celebrities"

I have noticed this hotel is a favorite hangout for sports celebrities, I have no idea why, but I have seen quite a few over my Clevelander weekends...

"Drinks drinks drinks"

Nothing like partying with a good friend in Miami during springtime... great weather, great events, and awesome scenery.... here we are with our ..eh... water!

"Bon Voyage"

Long weekends are great until they're over. Weekends in South Beach make everything else (except Vegas) dull in comparison

The Clevelander, I love it, I love it!

by Dutchnatasja

Good food, drinks and a lot of beautiful people.

The Clevelander has an outdoor cafe, five glass-block neon bars and a swimming pool. If it is the sporting events you are interested in, they’ve got something for you too, a complete Sports Bar with 12 TVs featuring the latest in sports.

I love this place. It's a great location to watch people, to enjoy the (live) music and to drink some cocktails.

I have only daytime pictures of the Clevelander, but at night it's fun, music, cocktails and a lot of beautiful people!

It is located in the heart of South Beach. It is right on Ocean Drive and across the road from the beach.

The Clevelander also has a full-service restaurant with sidewalk dining. There is also a dance floor.

Just a few months I have to wait, but in May 2005 I'm going to Florida! Of course I will have a drink at the Clevelander. I can't wait!

Clevelander MiamiClevelander Miami

ClevelanderClevelander

ClevelanderClevelander

The ClevelanderThe Clevelander

Pubs on South Beach

by shohman

I'll be in Miami Beach and a couple of weeks. I know all about the clubs, but I'm more of a laid back, pub/bar type. Somewhere I can have a concersation. Any suggestions?

RE: Pubs on South Beach

by Grantman

The Clevelander has a huge patio bar that's friendly enough. Also, you should take a $20 cab to Coconut Grove and try Monty's or the bars in town, very laid-back and friendly.

RE: Pubs on South Beach

by TRimer

The News Cafe on Ocean is quite laid back.

Comments