3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• sunlovey's Profile Photo

Right on Ocean Drive w/ a great nightly happy hour

Details to come.

Unique Quality: Can't beat the location, the fair price, the happy hour just downstairs from your room. The hotel also has a restaurant/food menu. However I've never eaten here.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Art Deco classic

Colony hotel has went through subtile renovations since I first stayed in this art deco favorite over 6 years ago. The hallways are a bit more taken care of and the rooms now have a simple, inviting decor over the hardwood floors. The beds are low and might take some getting used to,but overallI've liked the fabulous location and price enough to stay here 2 times in the same month in the summer of '07!

Unique Quality: The blue neon lights of this one shine across Lummus park making this one of the most famous facades in South Beach. Again, this is one of the hotel right in the center of the tourist/party action. I love the new 40+ inch plasma widescreen televesions and the bathrobes are also a nice luxury in such a cheaply-priced hotel. The Cafe Vincent downstairs has decent food and this place even has an after hours (2AM-6AM) nightclub in the basement that has 2 for 1 house drink specials on Fri and Sat nights!

Directions: Ocean Drive 7th block

More about Colony Hotel

Colony Hotel

On Memorial Day weekend my family and I stayed at the Colony Hotel in Miami Beach and we all had a wonderful time. The service and staff were excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone stating in the Miami area. We would definately stay there again!

Olga
San Diego, California

Mojitos & such @ the Colony on Ocean

by sunlovey

When in South Beach it is absolutely imperative that you find a suitable cafe/bar along Ocean Drive, order yourself a drink of choice, sit back and people watch.

Thousands of people- locals & tourists alike make their way on foot down the cafe/hotel-side sidewalk of Ocean Drive. An endless stream of human beauty, character & comedy.... This is an utter and complete spectacle.

Tim & I often end up at the Colony Hotel for drinks, they always have a sign out front that entices us.... be it a tasty drink or a drink special we can't pass up. But let me tell you, they make a TALL & deeeelicious mojito that I recommend you enjoy.

Birthday Fun

I went to the Colony Hotel for my birthday and had the best time ever. The hotel is immaculate and the staff was wonderfull. I didnt want to ever go home. I recommend the Colony to many people.

The Worst Hotel Experience!!

My mother and I had a one night reservation at the Colony Hotel, which had been made months in advance (we needed one night accommodations before our one week cruise). The hotel was recommended to us by our Travel Agent.

We took a cab to the Hotel (this was around 10pm at night). Once we had arrived we went in to the front desk and the clerk said that they had over booked and did not have any rooms for us. She then continued to tell us that they made reservations at their sister hotel, The Kent. We asked if she would reimburse us for the taxi cab fair or even pay for the cab ride to the other hotel and she would not! She was INCREDIBLY rude and not helpful. At this point we were tired from traveling and were outraged at the horrible customer service. The hotel should have called and let us know that a room was not available, they should have offered to pay our cab fair, or even given us a discount on the room for the inconvenience!

Since the front desk clerk was not helpful in anyway we took our baggage and hailed a cab--no one was there to help with the baggage. The address that we were given was incorrect and it took us a longer time to find the hotel- which cost us more money. At this point we had given up having a good time in Miami. We were tired, annoyed, and not having a good time on our vacation.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The customer service is horrendous and the staff not very helpful. We thought the experience at the Colony Hotel was over but 6 months later we received a charge on the credit card that was used for making the reservation. The charge should not have even occurred because we did not even stay at that hotel.

If anyone ever wants to stay at this hotel I STRONGLY recommend against it. Stay somewhere else if you do not want to deal with any hassles.

Small room, but great location.

I stayed at the Colony Hotel over the Labour Day long weekend. The room was small, but the location made up for the size of the room. I found the staff friendly. The rooms were cleaned and the hotel provides you with nice beach towels. In terms of location this hotel is fantastic, but if you are looking for a huge suite then go elsewhere.

Left 1 hr. after check-in...

by TripAdvisor Member cdeb007

Colony hotel was not accurately represented by online pictures. The hotel is dingy and dirty. We checked in and our room reeked of smoke and the bathroom smelled like mold and mildew. We switched rooms and the second room was a tiny room with only a bed. No furniture in the room. We saw bugs in the first 10 minutes being there. The hallways smell bad too. Not every room has the nice TVs you see in the pictures. Don't expect a view. Just really not what we expected and were very disappointed.
This is a more appropriate place on a very, very tight budget, if you are an 18-20 year old spring breaker, or if you are more concerned with location than cleanliness. We left after an hour and suggest finding somewhere else to stay.
Good luck!

Dirty, dingy, small

by TripAdvisor Member traveler400

This hotel was truly awful. The floors were dirty, there was no furniture in our second room except for a bed (the first room smelled so bad we had to change). In the end we decided to leave early without staying over. To their credit, they didn't charge us and we got a full-refund. Stay somewhere else!

Sin City

by HotSpotJ

The Colony Hotel

Hotel Edison Pool

HighAgain (Heineken) Harley

Mangos in the morning

The beach before the crowd

The Clevelander tables by the pool

Hotties dancing on Stage

Hot mami's with some fast footwork

Comments