3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, 33140, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Martin_B's Profile Photo

Cadillac Hotel

For 1 night approximately is 50$ US dollars.But if you are 4 in the same room, it's like 50$ but divide by 4 so it's very not expensive.

Unique Quality: At this hotel, it's not very luxury but it's not very expensive. There's a pool, pharmacy and it's at approximately 30 seconds from the beach.

Directions: The hotel are in Collins Ave. but I don't know the adress.

More about Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

Pros and cons of the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

by TripAdvisor Member mrwanderlust

This hotel has a nice location. It's close enough to South Beach that you can get there by cab in 5-10 minutes, but far enough away from the South Beach congestion. You can even walk down the boardwalk to South Beach if you are so inclined (a scenic 20-25 minute walk).

The only thing I didn't like about this hotel were the size of the rooms. My roommate and I had a room with a king bed, but the room was rather cramped, particularly the bathroom sink area. It's really not large enough for two people. Our room faced the street, with a view only of the construction going on across the street. Next time, I'd opt for a room with an ocean view.

On the plus side: the Italian food at the Carraba's restaurant, located in the hotel, is awesone; the beach bar is a nice place to chill out; the rooms have complimentary high-speed Internet access; and there is an exercise room (with TV) on the second floor.

By the way, the hotel charges $16/day for valet parking. The only other option is to find a parking spot on the street, which can be a challenge in Miami Beach.

Had a great stay

by TripAdvisor Member bluehen

Just returned from Fri night - Monday stay at the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront. This place is much better than the reviews I have read. Yes, there is construction on both sides. But the noisy work is occurring on the North side of the building - - so I'd stay away from rooms on that side. Our room was a partial ocean view that looked out over the construction site on the South side. All the demo work is done on this side and they are working on the footers and foundations. They did not work on Sunday and did not start work today until after 7:30.
This hotel was apparently renovated last spring and it shows. New carpets, bedspreads, paint etc. The bathrooms were very clean and kept that way during our whole stay - even thought the hotel was at capacity. Towels were clean, in good condition and plentiful. Staff was very helpful and accomodating. Carrabas resturaunt (on ground floor) delivers to you room.
The pool was crowded but the hotel was sold out over the weekend. We sat on the beach - $10.00 for all day rental of a lounge chair with cushion and umberella.
There is a small grocery store on Collins about 2-3 blocks south of the hotel - - didn't go in it as we saw this only today. Taxi to South Beach ran about $13 each way. Bar and outside grill were decent.
Had a great lunch at the Eden Roc which is about a 10 minute walk up the boardwalk (to the North). Great grilled grouper sandwich!
Check in on Friday was the only slight downside - -the hotel was sold out and we did not get our room until 4:30. The front desk staff was polite but a bit harried at that point. But last night (Sunday) at about 7 pm things were quiet and they made a big deal opening a bottle of wine we had bought for us. Really nice guys. My friend had a late flight today and they let her check out of the room at 4PM - - doesn't hurt she was a member of the Marriott rewards club. Patrick was the desk manager and he was very nice and helpful.
I'd stay again in a heart beat.

Stay here and walk to the party zone

by TripAdvisor Member fire398

This hotel was wonderful. It is well priced, and has a gorgeous view of the ocean. Staff is super friendly, food was good, and the pool is right next to the beach. This is the former Cadillac Hotel. We were looking to stay in the "it" zone at Shoreclub or Delano, but the prices were much higher, and we chose to spend our money on restaurants. So, we booked here at $179 per night (which included a great breakfast each day of our stay). We hit Nobu for dinner and got right in- even at 8:30PM- and then went to Skybar for the rest of the evening and happily overpaid for drinks. We walked there on the wonderful boardwalk right from our hotel; it's only about a 15 minute walk there. Take a cab if you wear big heels- it will be $6 from the hotel to Shoreclub.

Could be a bummer to some: There were a good amount of kids at the pool, but they were never obnoxious and the pool was never full. Regardless, it's a Marriott, so expect to see the business travlers with their families. Our last night, we had some 18-21 year olds next to our room and they brought their own sound system. Enough said! The hotel was not too quick about telling them to keep it down.

Beautiful hotel and pool

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early December 2004. I was impressed when we first drove up. It has a great entrance with brick driveway and stairs leading up to the entrance. Just before the entrance there is also a nice little patio. All of it is marble (or so it seemed to me).

The lobby is grand. Lot's of those wicker fans. Then, just outside the lobby in back there is a covered outdoor sitting area with very nice furniture. I've got young kids, and so didn't have much time to enjoy it. But I could imagine really enjoying it.....

The pool was excellent and just beautifully landscaped. I wish I would have had more time to use it. But it was nicely heated and very large. Did I mention the landscaping surrounding the pool was beautiful?

The boardwalk was nice too. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to explore very far.

The rooms were good. They were clean, nicely decorated, and the furniture was in good shape. We had 2 rooms and one of the rooms (for the same price) was very small. That was fine for my parents, but not quite as nice.

The only other slight negative is that the neighboring building was unoccupied with an empty lot behind it. You don't really notice it from the hotel, but you see it when you access the boardwalk....

Still, I highly recommend this hotel. Most of the hotels have valet parking so just factor it into the cost of the hotel. You'll then feel like royalty as they park your car for you and you check into the hotel....

My Savior!

Originally I had planned to stay at the "seacoast suites" what a disgrace and disapointment,so after a one day stay in what can only be described as horrible joke to play on someone,we found the Marriot Courtyard, WOW! what a wonderful surprise!!

It's a small, quaint, gorgeous new boutique hotel, right on the beach,with GREAT service! AMAZING views, and even better resturant!

'Carrabas' I eat out everyday and let me tell you the food in this place was UNBELIVEABLE! probably some of the BEST I have ever had , and I eat out 7 days a week.

The hotel rooms were CLEAN as one would expect, nothing like the "seacoast suites' which were filthy!

The Marriot was decorated in excellent taste with comfortable beds , feather pillows, 6 of them, and if your like me I like lots of soft fluffy pillows, this is for you too!

I can't say enough about the place , it was an unexpected surprise,which I will recommend to my friends, especially if you are into romance, the beach was amazing and the tiki bar outside served the best long island teas I have ever had. I highly recomend you stay there!

I certainly will return on my next visit. and BE SURE TO STAY AWAY FROM THE SEACOAST SUITES!

FeLL iN LoVe

=) =)

My name is Dolores, and I've been quite a while looking for hotels, after reading a looooooot about Good hotels with bad reviews i thought i might give it a try and read about the courtyard!

The best :) but always keep in mind that IT IS NOT A RESORT. so you will not find any kind of spa in there ;).

When i got there , it blew my mind, i was sooo pleased, the stuff super friendly (they do speak spanish if you wonder) so that made it more comfortable for me and my mom :) , the lobby real simple :), the rooms (oceanfronts) super clean, the beds super comfy, and the pillows! awwww that was it i could sleep for hours! and the food of the Carraba's restaurant tooootally yummy! the view ? real nice! but! if you want an even nicer view, try to get a room in the high floors.
The B.Rooms CLEAN, i must say i was surprised :). Don't expect the rooms to be BIG, nor Extra Small, they're about small to medium, but super adaptable, the parking is 16$ i think i read. the internet, is 9.95 +tax (in room) and it will last till noon. The internet in the lobby is (expensive i think) 4.95 per 15 minutes :(.

All oceanfront rooms have balconies, wich they're are pretty small. about 3 persons per balcony I think.

and the beach ....LOVELY! I was so.... so... amazingly in love with it :)

You might get confused, about the hotel, cuz it says "cadillac" in the front side of it. it only says Courtyard by Marriott on the sides and in the rear side.

NOTE!: there is a construction going on next door, so DO NOT BLAME THE HOTEL FOR IT! I really got mad because of the fact that the hotel doesnt have anything to do with it and there is people asking for free nights. and remember that they will not give to you, this is not Marriott this is a franchise with Marriott.

But overall, Good Hotel, Really friendly staff, and really good price.

if you have any questions i can help you with just e-mail me at " queestasmirando_@hotmail.com "

P.S: the staff are from : Venezuela, Argentina, Colombia, Miami, Peru , Haiti and i suppose there's more :)

Suprised by the great experience!

by TripAdvisor Member beachlady

My husband & I stayed here 1/28 - 1/30 after having to escape 3 feet of snow in Boston...We decided to stay here for 2 nights as it was pretty inexpensive and could use one night with points - and then stay 2 nights at the Sheraton Bal Harbour (much more expensive). We were very pleased with the clean rooms, the awesome bed and the fantastic oceanview room!!! The room was $224 a night including breakfast - Cheap compared with the Bal Harbour Sheraton. Pool was nice and we loved the boardwalk. We went down to south beach and that was the highlight of the trip. The resaturant at the pool and the hotel was really great - Sammy works in both palces and will jump through hoops for you - be sure to ask for him. We considered staying here for the whole trip as we liked it so much but we came to Miami to go to SBH - and I have to say it was a let down...We enjoyed the Marriott much more and spent much less!!

Enjoy!

Nice hotel, BUT....

by TripAdvisor Member Beaner32

I'd wait a while before I stay there. Why? I was awakened every morning (Sunday included) at 7am by major construction going on either side of the hotel. We were on the 10th floor facing the ocean and it was still so loud that we couldn't keep the sliding glass door open. I wore earplugs while sitting by the pool. Since I have a 9-month-old and haven't slept well the better part of a year, I was sooooo looking forward to getting some sleep on this first trip away from my baby. This put a MAJOR damper on my trip. I know it wasn't the Courtyard's fault, but maybe they could've negotiated a construction-free Sunday? How about not starting before 9am? Is that too much to ask?

By the way, we just got back yesterday and they hadn't even started demo on the hotel on one side. It's gonna be a long time before the Courtyard is silent again.

Also, if you're planning on hitting the beach early and scoring some chairs and an umbrella, take some cash. It costs a $30 per day rental fee. We were told by the hotel that the beaches are controlled by the city and it's out of their control. Fine. Why weren't we warned before hauling all our crap out there? And why was the Courtyard's logo on the beach umbrellas? Hmmm.

Other than those two things (which may be minor to some folks) it was a good stay. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast buffet decent, the rooms on the small side but clean.

Nice hotel...with reservations

by TripAdvisor Member imsofine

I'm a Marriott guy, so was glad to have this option over the more expensive South Beach Marriott or the Courtyard South Beach, which isn't directly on the beach. Great location, far enough away from the congestion of South Beach, but parking is still a problem here. Forced to pay the $16 nightly charge. My biggest complaint is the construction on either side of the hotel. I understand it's not the hotel's fault, but feel it should make guests aware of it before they make reservations. It was disappointing to get to our room, step out on the balcony and find we were overlooking a construction site. I will say, though, that the noise wasn't loud enough to disturb us in the morning. But the construction on the other side of the hotel was a constant intrusion to the pool area. Also disturbing: The $10 rental for beach chairs (the charge didn't show up on our bill). Two other problems: service at breakfast was terrible, and our room was not made up on our final day, despite the fact that we were out all day. Nice pool area and outside bar (which doesn't bill to your room) overlooking the boardwalk and beach, which we loved. One more thing: you can see the Marriott sign high above the facility when you're approaching, but when you get closer, there's no indication out front that it is a Marriott. There's only a "Cadillac Hotel" sign, so we drove away, not realizing we were in the correct location. It was a major hassle.

Comments