DEFUNCT - The Wave Hotel South Beach

Travelocity Orbitz.com Booking.com

Rated 22% higher but also costs 52% more than other 3 star hotels

More about The Wave Hotel South Beach

Real Story on the Wave Hotel

OK, please read this carefully. It absolutely blows my mind how those people below could pay under $79 (I paid about $65) per night for a decent hotel on SOUTH BEACH and still complain! Remember, the price is in the budget hotel range, so don't compare it with the Loews or a 5-star hotel. At the same time, this hotel is much nicer than a typical budget. I would rate in in the range of a 3 or 4 star Diamond rating. Now listen, I am an avid traveler and stay in hotels of every class. I am telling you that the Wave Hotel is a great place to stay. Details? Ok. It is somewhat small...probably only 4-5 floors with around 20 rooms per floor, maybe less. The decor is somewhat unusual, but extremely stylish. They call it "Italian Flavor" but to me its closer to contemporary/ultra modern. The colors, furniture, and decor is all extremely unique, but I liked it (though admitedly that would be a personal choice and some may not). What is important is that it is a very clean, safe, comfortable hotel that I very much enjoyed. The lobby was immaculate, the bar was very chic, and the rooms were roomy and nice. I will admit there were some deficiencies. The location was at the far end of South Beach, so you are not in the middle of the action, though it is only a short walk away. Also, the website I booked WAVE from said it had a restaurant. In reality, it just has a bar from which you can order some minimal food. But again, there are all kinds of restaurants within a short walk. It also has no pool, and no real ocean view rooms, and the beach is across the street.
There is a Starbucks coffee almost directly across the street, which was a big plus for me. I found the staff to be exceedingly friendly and helpful. There is a private parking lot for hotel guests right on the property, though it was fairly pricey. All in all, this was a great hotel, not only a great hotel for the price, but just a great hotel...period. If you have other questions, email me at kevin_breeding at yahoo. Enjoy the WAVE HOTEL!

The Hotel Of Chose is : THE...

by A_Wave_Hotel

The Hotel Of Chose is : THE WAVE HOTEL IN MIAMI'S SOUTH BEACH
$155.00-$175.00 Stanard room
$225.00-$245.00 Premium

Price varies on time of year .
Summer months is thier off season
Winter is their full Season Rooms
Oceanfront Hotel! The Wave Hotel features, 66 guestrooms with one King or two double
Beds and can accommodated three guests.
Other room amenities are: cable TV; telephone data ports, in-room safes, mini-bar, & spa style robes. Room service is available from our Wave restaurant as well as fully stocked lobby lounge.

Amenities

· Patio * Modem Line
· Internet Access
· Telephone
· CD Player

Cute hotel quiet but close to action

the wave hotel was nice. the rooms are small but you are not in the room much. the beach was right across the street. our first room faced an alley and ther trucks were loud. the hotel staff gave us a new room with no problem. it's at the quiet end of ocean drive but a short walk from the action. i enjoyed my stay.

Don't let the WebSite Fool YOU!

Me, and five of my Girlfriends stayed three nights at the Wave Hotel it was our first Visit to South Beach the weekend of Feb 21,2004 . Of course South Beach was Great the night life was Beautiful, however the Wave Hotel is nothing like the Website. The Parking was Horrible, unless you wanted to pay $20.00 per day for Valet, the Elevator was awful you thought the Elevator belts were going to break at anytime.
Please don't get on with 3 or more people you will be sorry. :-(. The Lobby was very Artistic, however the rooms were clean, but our stereo didn't work, the 25 in T.V. you only receive approximately 4 channels.
If you are looking for MTV, or BET, VH1 better luck next time. THEY DON'T HAVE IT. We used Valet Parking one Night during our stay, and had to wait over an hour just for them to bring the cars to us. The Hotel is minutes away from the STRIP, and is in Walking Distance so if you already have a Great Parking spot on Ocean Dr, I suggest you don't move your vehicle guarantee your parking spot will NOT be there when you return. Your better off walking. The Staff was good, however they are not very good at counting when it comes to returning Refunds that are due back to you, also BEWARE when Checking in the trick is you have to pay a DEPOSIT for all nights you are staying meaning they want CASH, or to guarantee all three Nights on a Major Credit Card, and won't release the funds until you have stay until your intended Departure. This is to guarantee payment of course. Most hotels don't do this, But of course I can see why the WAVE HOTEL is nothing as it appears on their Website.
Your better off staying at a Holiday Inn on your Next trip. !. I will never stay at the WAVE Hotel again My next Visit to South BEACH. You can be assured of it. THe hotel Is NOT Worth the Money you spend to stay there.

hotel managment

i work for the hotel industry, for the hilton in san faransisco, the reason i did not stayed at the hilton in miami beach was , beacuse i need to shopp and compare services with others company (hotels), the service i recived upon c/in was excellent, RICHARD, the night auditor was super, rooms are not that big, i kind of knew that beacuse i know that the wave is in the art deco distric. and hotels rooms are not that big, room needs a bit of lighting, breakfast was more that i was expecting, parking is available but if u are coming for vacations and hangging in the beach DO NOT RENT A CAR, u do not need it everything is withing walking distances, that was the only problem that i had PARKING!!!beside that , the service that i got from THE WAVE was super!!!!!! is not a factory hotel like other bigh chain hotels.......go WAVE.....thanks a lot RICHARD for helping me and making me feels like home away from it... TAKE CARE... THE COUPLE FROM SAN FARNSISCO

half way house

Very Loud. The entire night. People running up and down the hallways, talking and yelling. I felt like I was in a college dorm. Paper thin walls and windows don't help the situation. I could hear my neighbors television all night. The bathroom vent allowed me to hear another room's conversation all night. Nice staff, but under staffed.
I have stayed here several times in the past few years. every time I come back it gets a little more run down. After the last time, I will not come back.

Decent hotel, good location

Stayed for a week. The hotel is quite simple and the room was rather small, the bed took up most of the space. The staff was friendly and the service was good. Location is good, yet rather quiet, just a couple of blocks away from the beach, restaurants/Ocean Drive. Nice porch, backyard and reception with internet access. Enjoyable breakfast. Didn't like the elevator and the tv/stereo setup was a bit dodgy. Well worth a look if you want a good location and don't require too much luxury.

it was fun

by TripAdvisor Member 6004bluebear

This was a fine vacation for me last year. I enjoyed every bit of it. The front loby was awesome, the breakfast was to wake up for with the fresh fruit, ceral, any kind of danish, TV and you could sit out front and enjoy the view. I would go back. You walk across the street to the beach. Now that's not great but it worked for me. Yes, that's why I came back to look at the reviews and say, it's cute and clean. Can't remember if there was a pool or not. I went to the beach and walked ocean drive. No night life at this hotel. Have to walk for that.

Nice budget hotel

Frankly I don't know what all the bellyachin' is about from some of the other reviewers. I stayed in the wave Aug 27-29, the weekend of the MTV VMA Awards. Sure the rooms and bathrooms are really small, but they were clean. I doubt in South Beach you're spending that much time in the room anyway. There were nice spa style bathrobes, minibar with reasonable prices as far as minibars go-and it's on the honor system. They ask what you took out of it at check out. The staff was friendly, free continental brekafast was nice-juice, bagels, muffins, fruit and tea/coffee. About a block and a half from the beach and the hotel gives you free beach towels. There was free internet access, which I have NEVER seen in a hotel, including fancier ones with more amenities. I can't really speak about the parking situation because we didn't bring a car-not really necessary in South Beach. Everything is within walking distance. Overall it was a pleasant experience. If you are the high maintenance type, or looking for a hotel with a lot of amenities, or large rooms this is not theplace for you. It would have been nice to have a table and chairs in the room but the king size bed took up all the space. The wave machine was nice-actually sounded like the ocean. CD player is a nice touch. No cable access on the TV but whose watching much TV in South Beach? I had a superior room, but would recommend paying $20 less for the fashion room since I can't see what the difference was; the superior room is supposed to be at the front of the hotel but we just had a view of the building next door. The website is a little deceiving but the lobby, bar and covered porch were nice.The halls are dark butr overall a decent experience.

A_Wave_Hotel's new North America Page

by A_Wave_Hotel

Located on the famous Ocean Drive in South Beach, Miami. Oceanfront! Across from the white
Sandy beach, world famous restaurants, designer boutiques, and fabulous nightlife are at your doorsteps. The beautifully appointed room with Italian custom furniture, cable TV, telephone data ports, in-room safes, mini-bar, & spa style robes. Room service is available from our Wave restaurant as well as fully stocked lobby lounge.

Dinning/Lounges/Nearby Attractions
The Wave has is very own restaurant as well as fully stocked lobby lounge.
Nearby attractions include Gloria Estefan's "Larios" and "Bongo" restaurant,
Ricky Martins "Casa Salsa", New Café, Wish - recently voted one of voted one of the
TOP TEN new restaurants in the United States and then there's our nightlife. Nightclubs
Nikki's beach club, Crobar, Bash, Level, and Liquid.

11 street Diner11 street Diner

Puerta Sagua, South Beach, MiamiPuerta Sagua, South Beach, Miami

us being fab on South Beachus being fab on South Beach

AvalonAvalon

Ultra music festival

by suprekirsty

HEY was wondering whether the 2 day pass ticke tto ultra music fest is any good??it seems quite expensive like £269 for 2 passes was jus asking if anyone has been or knows anyone who has been to see if the festival is any good???

RE: Ultra music festival

by taldecual

My friend.....! ULTRA FEST Is the best of the BEST.....! I was there last year, and I´m looking foward on how the hell I´ll make it for this year.! If you buy the ticket from out side the US theyr will be expensive, and 269 Pounds for 2 tikets is a lot.! I have my best friend in Miami and he always get tickets fro free, but for sure they do not cost more than 100 us dollars.
Take a look on the internet and I´m sure you can find something cheaper.
About Ultra Fest this Year.... My good, it looks like is going to be just great. the place is not secure yet but I do have the schedule, from 11am to 1am. Sat and sun. " days full off the best music, beautifull girls, crazy people and a lot of fun.!
If you go there, you will never forget that experience.!
take care and have fun.!

by tiff_cisco

when is the ultra music fest? What kind of music is there?

by taldecual

on the 24 adn 25 this months and you have the best techno and dance music.!

by tiff_cisco

so it only happens in March? Is there anything like that is the summer?

by taldecual

so sorry........ I was wrong....! is on the 21 and 22 april...!
take a look on google tipe "ultra fest" and you will see on what countryes they are going to be and when.!
Take care