Days Inn Miami South Beach

2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

100 East 21st Street, Collins Avenue & 21st Street, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
AMOMA.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 26% lower than similarly priced 2.5 star hotels

• acprincess's Profile Photo

Hotel gone downhill

I've been staying at the Days Inn for years. It was rundown and seedy, but where else can you get an ocean view balcony room for under $150? For me, the answer is: Not here.

I just got back from a two-night stay and it will be my last. I've stayed in some dives in my day, but this place takes the cake. As near as I can tell, they haven't done any maintenance since I stayed there 2 years ago. The clientele is a little scary. There were several multi-room partiers, hanging out in the halls, yelling from room to room. There was a pervasive smell of curry on the seventh floor, suggesting someone cooking on a hot plate in their room. But worst of all was the bathtub. The bathtub lining had come free from the tub itself and had filled with a half inch or two of water, over a couple of square feet on the tub bottom. I'm pretty myopic, so when I first stepped on it I thought it was some sort of cushion or mat. When I got my glasses on, I couldn't believe what I saw. There was filthy, moldy, black water oozing out of a crack in the lining. I immediately washed my feet as well as I could without stepping into the shower. We asked for a new room and got one. We glanced into the shower and saw that it was OK, but later discovered that it had the same problem, just over a smaller area.

The thing that disturbs me the most, is that it is clearly something that has been there for a long time. The management has to have been deliberately ignoring it. Someone presumably cleans that tub every day. Either they have told the maids not to report problems, or they don't listen. That moldy water had to have been in there for weeks or months to develop that black color and musty smell. I shudder when I think about it.

Stay somewhere else.

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Miami Beach - Days Inn Art...

We Have been in a few hotels in Miami Beach now, quality is usually less then in the rest of Florida. This as one of the better tourist class hotel we had been in.

A big plus was the boardwalk right behind the hotel, it was nice to walk and sit here.

The hotel offers Valet parking at a reasonable price compared to parking prices in the rest of Miami Beach, i would recommend this service instead of trying to find your own parking spot else in the area.

Only if your not going to park and drive more then once a day public parking can be cheaper if you negotiate a cheaper price for parking over night.

Miami Beach - Days Inn Art Deco/Beach Front
    $ 90 - $ 145 per room
    or € 37 - € 59 per room (based on two persons) when
    booked at a dutch travel agent.

Unique Quality: Located directly at the beach close to the center of al activities.

More about Days Inn Miami South Beach

It's Okay, Nothing Special

by TripAdvisor Member FarAwayTraveler

I stayed at the Days Inn South Beach last week. First, the good news. The room was reasonable in size, larger than what you find in most of South Beach. It was comfortable and quiet. TV reception was fine. Plenty of water pressure.

Under most circumstances, I would have given this 3 stars, maybe even 4 if they tried hard. But there were two major problems:

1. My door would not lock. I had to call the front desk and wait for someone to fix it. The door frame really needs to be replaced. To their credit, the hotel fixed the lock quickly.

2. There was a single long hair that ran accross both towels. While the rest of the room was clean, there was no way I was going to use those towels. Not acceptable.

The breakfast restaurant was bland. $10 gets you eggs and a few things like toast. Don't expect soft drinks. The food was fine, but hardly a bargain.

Playing Rich Location but Rough on the Edges

by TripAdvisor Member EasyDoesIt

My wife and I were looking for a place for 5 nights on the beach. We checked in Thursday before the New Years Eve weekend and left Tuesday morning afterward. The location is ON THE BEACH along with those in the $250 to $1000 per night places some of which have rooms no better than these. Check in was uneventful and courteous. The valet parking help was helpful. Only 15 per night as compared to 20 to 25 per night at some of the others. Our room 105 was one of 10 ajoining the pool area and was larger than the average room. We were lacking some towels and wash cloths and coffee when we arrived so got them from the reception. I was disturbed as it seemed that we had no hot water but found out we had to let it run about 10 minutes to get it from the main building. Housekeeping was the main disturbance. The place was cleaned well but the consistent lack of linens and coffee was agravating. Maintenance was marginal as fixtures were loose on the wall and the paint not scraped from the tile floor.
Even though the hotel was completely full, there was never a problem with chairs or lounges around the pool. This could be a problem at some of the other larger hotels where they have wall to wall lounges. The pool was not heated and seemed to have salt water but it was refreshing since the temps were above 80 every day. The lobby and grounds are attractive. I had to go to the lobby to use the free wireless internet but was great for people watching anyway.
The cafe is only open in the morning for a buffet breakfast that is 10.38 including tax. That is about par for breakfast in that area.
Being right on the beach it is nice to access the "boardwalk" that stretches from 5th street to the south to somewhere north of the 21st street access. In reviewing the options on this site for lower cost units it appears if you do not wish to be ON THE BEACH one can do better. I think it may be difficult to reproduce the pool area in many of the off beach hotels. I will probably try to find a higher quality hotel with a suitable pool next time or maybe try the South Seas which has similar size rooms but better maintainance and amenities at a slightly higher cost. South Seas has a great little cafe in the back by the pool that we frequented.

Check outon time or get threatened????

The old addage, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".
under a hundy anight, not bad. Walking distance to everything. I stayed past my checkout time of noon, only by 10 minutes because I was in the little boys room. I received a call from the front desk. " Security is on the way up and we will call the Miami police". In speaking to the manager, this is what hey do for all late checkouts. I felt like a criminal.

Dirty With An Attitude

by TripAdvisor Member FWTravelor

A flop house style hotel room with valet parking. The bathtub was stained. The sink, cracked. The carpet, nasty. I was intrigued with posts complaining about not having coffee in the room. What coffee maker? The patio was awkward, without furniture and a finished floor. A lamp didn't work. It smelled musty.

The desk staff was annoyed when I called for service. Silly me, I wanted the tub to drain. After the tub was unclogged, I asked housekeeping to clean the bathroom. The staff member took a broom, and a towel used in other rooms, apparently, and swished the towel about the floor with the broom, and called it clean.

Two stars? Are you kidding? Perhaps other rooms have an actual view of the ocean, but we didn't and I would have been much happier walking a couple of blocks to the beach and staying in a clean room. I paid $105 a night in January and it was too much.

YUCK!!!

This hotel was a bit of a dump. Definetly a 2 star hotel...it had everything you needed but in an old hotel where there were cracks in the tubs, small bathroom, hair on sheets (not ours) and very thin walls. It does give good maid service and decent location (right on beach). Near Lincoln Road and next to some of the most amazing hotels ever...where you could at least stop in for drinks and
pretend you're staying there :-) But hey, if you're looking for something affordable, this will do. I mean, how much time are you really in your hotel anyways?

What you need to know

by TripAdvisor Member Neil90027

The good: Location is by the beach and with in walking distance to the main Miami clubs. The pool area is actually decent and you can bring your own beer. The price of $160 or so isn't bad compared to the hotels in the rest of the area.
The bad: The hotel is in fairly poor condition. Closing my front door took some effort. My room had an odor and the windows were screwed shut. When the A/C went on, it made a loud noise making sleeping difficult. Valet parking took 45 minutes and checking in was another 20 minutes.
What you need to know: They charge a $2 per day safe deposit charge. Dispute this charge and it goes away. They offer valet parking for $15 per day but are limited on spaces. If you don't get their valet parking, good luck. The crowd is younger and louder. If you need a place just to crash in this area, Day's Inn will work.

Don't stay here

Rude staff that just tells you what you want to hear whether it is true or not. Dirty hotel, $15 to park, $1.10 for coffee, the place should be imploded and they should start over, including the staff. If you are a "Spring Breaker" and you want a cheap place to stay, that you can trash, this is your hotel.

they don't give a about you

by TripAdvisor Member trevor-wa

the hotel is what my wife and i expected, older and with marginal maintainence, but with a good location to the beach, what we didn't expect is after our flight got cancelled and we called "fernando" and told him we showed up at 3am with no room available for our credit card guarenteed reservation - he told us it was our fault and we had to hang out in the lobby from 3-8 am until the maids showed up and we got into a room ( to sleep until 2pm )

summary , good location, ok rooms, but you are you're own for customer service

Comments