Days Inn Miami South Beach

Budget Travel
See Amenities
acprincess's Profile Photo

Hotel gone downhill

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 22, 2008

I've been staying at the Days Inn for years. It was rundown and seedy, but where else can you get an ocean view balcony room for under $150? For me, the answer is: Not here.

I just got back from a two-night stay and it will be my last. I've stayed in some dives in my day, but this place takes the cake. As near as I can tell, they haven't done any maintenance since I stayed there 2 years ago. The clientele is a little scary. There were several multi-room partiers, hanging out in the halls, yelling from room to room. There was a pervasive smell of curry on the seventh floor, suggesting someone cooking on a hot plate in their room. But worst of all was the bathtub. The bathtub lining had come free from the tub itself and had filled with a half inch or two of water, over a couple of square feet on the tub bottom. I'm pretty myopic, so when I first stepped on it I thought it was some sort of cushion or mat. When I got my glasses on, I couldn't believe what I saw. There was filthy, moldy, black water oozing out of a crack in the lining. I immediately washed my feet as well as I could without stepping into the shower. We asked for a new room and got one. We glanced into the shower and saw that it was OK, but later discovered that it had the same problem, just over a smaller area.

The thing that disturbs me the most, is that it is clearly something that has been there for a long time. The management has to have been deliberately ignoring it. Someone presumably cleans that tub every day. Either they have told the maids not to report problems, or they don't listen. That moldy water had to have been in there for weeks or months to develop that black color and musty smell. I shudder when I think about it.

Stay somewhere else.

mafootje's Profile Photo

Miami Beach - Days Inn Art...

by written on August 25, 2002

We Have been in a few hotels in Miami Beach now, quality is usually less then in the rest of Florida. This as one of the better tourist class hotel we had been in.

A big plus was the boardwalk right behind the hotel, it was nice to walk and sit here.

The hotel offers Valet parking at a reasonable price compared to parking prices in the rest of Miami Beach, i would recommend this service instead of trying to find your own parking spot else in the area.

Only if your not going to park and drive more then once a day public parking can be cheaper if you negotiate a cheaper price for parking over night.

Miami Beach - Days Inn Art Deco/Beach Front
$ 90 - $ 145 per room
or € 37 - € 59 per room (based on two persons) when
booked at a dutch travel agent.

Unique Quality: Located directly at the beach close to the center of al activities.

Nearby Days Inn Miami South Beach

Days Inn Miami South Beach

• Miami South Beach Days Inn

Address: 100 East 21st Street, Collins Avenue & 21st Street, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

1 Photo of Days Inn Miami South Beach

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Miami Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Miami Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Miami Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Miami Beach hotel reviews

Beachs of Miami
Use Uber or Lyft
Miami is a city..
Warnings and Dangers
Take me out to the Ball Game!
Alligator Wrestling
Relaxing at la Playa
Excellent Restaurant
Restaurants
It's all about people watching
La Sanwicheria
Miami Boat Rentals and Yacht Charters
Miami Beach Resident
South Beach Culinary Tour
miami liberty city
It’s Not That Bad
Warnings and Dangers
Theft is very bad down here
Art Deco Walking Tour
MIAMI FOOD TOURS
Downtown Miami
Things to Do
Best food,drinks and prices!!!!
Smile and Say Cheese on Lincoln Road
Things to Do
911 !!! It's an emergency!
Got a late night itch??
Shopping
Lincoln road mall
Shopping
Trendy and Gay
Restaurants
Visually appealing, but disappointing.
1220 Restaurant at The Tides