Days Inn Oceanfront Miami Beach North

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 39% less but rated 31% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Lunita's Profile Photo

I didnt like it much

I think it was just ok. The room was big and confortable, but personel was really bad. They had a very bad attitude towards people. I didnt like them at all.
    Besides that the phone was not working properly and everytime that I did claim nicely on the front desk they where bad at theyre responce.

Unique Quality: Nice view to the beach.

• sumit_b's Profile Photo

Best Value (not like shopped around though!)

Stay was fine. Spent only the night in the room. There was a grand view of the beach and the ocean from the room.

More about Days Inn Oceanfront Miami Beach North

Great Value-Great Location

My mom and I stayed at the Days Inn Oceanside February 10-13 2005. The hotel is right on Collins Avenue in South Beach. The location is good, it is only a 5 minute drive to the popular Ocean Drive and 17th Street eating and shopping area. It is also located right on the beach with access to the boardwalk. There are fancier hotels that are located on the lower streets, but we were never in our hotel anyways so there was no point in paying for those establishments. The hotel is clean with the basic amentities. There is a restaurant/bar on the site that offers a basic menu at really resonable prices (we ate breakfast one morning). If you are looking for a clean place to sleep at night while you are taking in South Beach during the day this is a good choice.

HATED EVERYTHING!!! AWFUL!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sarah70183

This was the most awful hotel I have ever seen. I thought for being a Days Inn it would have been alright. There is very very little parking. The parking spaces are so small that you can barely open the door of your car on both sides. The windows in the hotel room were broken. The bed blankets and sheets were filthy. The mirror was cracked on the vanity. The TV was about 30 years old with a turn knob and no remote control. The bathroom floor was just bricks. The shower was a stall with a hole in the ground for a drain. There was about a 1 inch gap around the door to the hallway. It smelled awful. We payed the cancellation fee and didn't even spend one night in it because of how insecure we felt. I would have rather slept in the car in a parking lot it was that awful.

Poor Service at best

by TripAdvisor Member SATanthony

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and loved it - however on the latest visit 2 weeks ago the hotel service has declined incredibly. First the positives it sits right on the beach with access to the boardwalk and the ocean- if you get a oceanview room , you will get a beautiful view. Now for the bad - the valet parking at $ 15 a day was not worth it - these valet guys who advised us to call 30 MINS ahead just to get the car (which by the way was across the street in a lot) never came through -they hung out talking or not even bothering picking up the valet phone. Each time we went downstairs (after giving them the 30 mins) we ended up waiting another 15mins or so - then they advertise late checkout - well on that day we were advised to call that morning , and we did, the gentleman at the front desk told us no problem we could check out at 2pm- we got a call from the front desk at1030 am that staying til 2 would cost us $ 45 extra - just for two extra hours - the front desk staff was rude, and after I returned from my trip I emailed the general manager - and never heard a word. I would not stay there again just because its not worth it - by the way we paid $ 155 a night, and we could've done alot better...

Spring Break Gone Wrong

Do not Trust the Vallet!!! We had over $2000 worth of electronics stolen out of our van. The police came and the manager said he would write us a check, but as soon as the police officer left, the manager blew us off. It was really worn down and the service was horrible. The maid yelled at us for being too messy!?!?! It is a very good location, but the beach wasn't even worth this horrible stay at the hotel.

You can do better

Stayed here as part of a conference in Miami Beach. The convention had attendees book hotels through them. The price for this hotel was $125 a night, and the price was WAY too much for what you are getting. The lobby and pool areas are nice, and the beach is just beyond the pool with no streets to cross at all, and the room was pretty clean (though much of the furniture was damaged). These are the good points. Here are the bad: The location is not that great. Although this is not the hotel's fault per se, location does play a role in deciding which hotel to stay at. Most of the action is at South Beach, which is from 1st to about 12th Streets. This hotel is on 43rd Street, so it is quite a walk to South Beach. The part of Miami Beach that the hotel is on is terrible. The beaches at Ocean City, MD and Ft. Lauderdale, FL are much better than the beach just outside the hotel. The beach is covered with dead seaweed, cigarette butts, and about 5 feet into the water the sand turns into jagged rocks. There is also not much in the way of restaurants near here. Beaches, the hotel's restaurant, is dirty, dark, and overpriced. This is not the worst place I have stayed in, but I would not recommend this hotel if you were paying any more than $50 a night. You can find nicer hotels for a better price that are closer to South Beach. In addition to the location, the service was not that great. Our television, a dinosaur from the 70's that had a bad tube, did not have half the channels we were supposed to get. We had to call down three days in a row to get it changed, and then it only got changed because we asked to speak to the manager. On a good note, once the new TV arrived, it was a nice set and things were back in order. Overall, this place is not terrible, but you can find better that is closer to the action.

Bad - Believe the reviews

The other reviewers were all right. i tend to take these with a grain of salt when we're talking super budget hotels. But YES this is the kind of place where you shouldn't look too closely at anything and don't be surprised at any disappointment you find. It truly is dirty. The carpets are stained and have holes in them. The phone didn't work. The ice machine was broken the entire time. The quality of the paint job is bad, the trim on the walls was rotting away. There were stains on the walls. YES IT IS BAD. The pool looks kind of cloudy. The sheets slide off the bed, the bed slides off the frame, the remote for the tv doesn't work... it is almost a joke how gross this place is.

That being said, if you really just don't have enough money to go anywhere else (which is why i went there) and you are willing to accept the gross conditions of this hotel just to be on the beach for cheap and to have a pool, then great. It wasn't dirty like it hadn't been cleaned. The housekeepers actually did the best they could. I didn't feel like I was going to catch a disease or anything. i just have never spent time in a place that was in such poor condition, not even the worst slumlord apartments in NYC. Go into it knowing what you are going to find and hope your friends aren't picky.

By the way, if you are even thinking of paying anything more than the very very lowest price for this place, you should change your trip or pick something else.

Horrible rip-off

by TripAdvisor Member Illinoisnative

I have stayed at the Days Inn in several different cities. Usually they are pretty nice and the price is great but I have got to tell you this was absolutely the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life. First of all there is no place to park. There is one small lot across the street that the vallets use to park and you can't get in because of the way they park the cars. We were forced to pay an extra $15.00 a NIGHT for vallet parking since we could not find a spot. They drive your car like they are on a Nascar speedway. You had to call 30-45 min ahead for them to even go get your car and then they stood around waiting on a tip. The hall reeked of wet dog smell and was very stuffy. We once waited 15 min on the elevator. The bathroom door would not even shut. There was no exhaust fan and the windows were bolted shut so the steam from the shower would fill the entire room. The hot water knob in the shower fell off everytime you touched it. There was mildew around the baseboards of the room. The beds were AWFUL. I actually had bruised on my hips from the springs poking through. The TV looked like a 1980's model and the numbers did not work so couldn't even tell what channel you were on. They charged .85 to make a local call or use toll free number on the phone. Housekeeping started at 6AM banging and talking loudly in the hallway. Out of four ice machines not a single one worked. It rained quite a bit while we were there and water was pouring from the ceiling in the lobby. They had towels thrown on the floor and yellow coned everywhere. The staff just sat and watched as you struggled with your luggage and in my case a 3 year old too to get to your room and again when departing. We would have cancelled and went elsewhere but we had a package with plane tickets and rental car so we couldn't get out of it without an expensive cancellation fee. All I can say was I was happy to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh My Gosh

by TripAdvisor Member jellybeans

Ok, So I know It's only 2*'s but REALLY....

We get there and all I can say is, I wish I had taken on board what other critics have said on this site about it, the only problem being, it was a package holiday.

Ok, so we get there (From Uk) after an 8 hr flight, check in, one thing, I don't know if this is how it is all over the USA, but when we were at the counter checking in, it seemed like it was an effort for the girl (and I mean girl, she looked about 12yrs old) to lift her eyes up and look at us, it's like we were bothering her!

So we've done that, and then they all watched us struggle with our two suitcases (each) to our room.

The lift took AGES, seriously, never known nothing like it, and to make matters workse, at one stage there was a note on the wall sayin that the lift had been programmed to stop at every floor (even if u didnt request that floor) you spend half the time waiting on a **** lift!

The smell of the hotel was jus plain weird, how can a hotel smell so...I dunno, jus damp and stinky, thats all I can say about it.

We didnt rent a car so the valet thingy was nothin to us, but really, if I did, watching the way them dudes sped away in customer cars was a JOKE!! Check y'all tyres0 wen you get your car back!! For real! They burn your rubber, to take the car across the street! Scary stuff.

They need to check their systems or somethings, because, (Oh we were there during the tropical storms, an being from UK, we aint familiar with these things) wen family called to check on us, APPARENTLY we didnt even live at the hotel, we didnt exist...This happened on many occaisons, oh and if your family do get through to you, but your not in the room at the time, GOD HELP U!! Their message taking is second to none!

"Jus calling to c if I have any messages" I said
"Yeah hold on lemme check...Call MOM" The voice would reply
There were 2 of us here, we have a mother each...Go figure
"Call Donald" Was another one...With Wat phone number?! I never did call Donald...Not even sure if that message was for me, or my friend...

Bless the cleaners though, although they were loud and banged on your door everyday, they were sweeties, maybe cos we made their life easy, we slept till late quite a bit. Mind you, when we got into the room, there was already grime on the bath, BEFORE WE EVEN USED IT!!
The walls need a bit of a wash down too, there's grime in places that seem like a weird place to get in! Hmmm, I dont understand how you'd think sellin a room lookin like that can really work...

The bar was kinda dark n dingy, but must say they're all really friendly there, they made us laugh, it's probably a good idea to get your face known to them down there, they'll make u feel welcome.

On the whole, I personally dont think I'll go back there again, it really isnt worth the money, but like I said, it was in the package.
It's quite a way from the clubs n stuff, which I dunno, it could be a bonus for some peeps, but we're 21yrs old, go figure, so if you're not renting a car, you're money will be drained on taxis.

Comments