6701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, 33141, United States

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Radisson Deauville Resort...

Radisson Deauville Resort Miami Beach
    120 USD

Unique Quality: Located in the northern part of Miiami Beach the hotel is away from the busy parts of the beach making it's beach front property less crowded and a more pleasant experience.

More about Deauville Beach Resort

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member davisville

we stayed at this hotel 1st november 2005 for three nights there where no problems with hote at all it's a nice area and room was clean all in all we enjoyed our stay. ample restaurants in the area also a bus service. we would stay there again

Horrible! Everything is horrible at this motel!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BeachBlondie

I just returned from a long weekend in Miami and I am utterly disgusted with my choice of hotel, or should I say motel, as this is exactly that. A high rise motel, something you would find at the Jersey shore but worse.

Our flight arrived late in the afternoon so we had no problem with check in accept for the extremely rude check in person. She treated us like she was doing us some sort of favor. We specifically requested a king size bed in our room and once we walked in, we found two double beds. We immediately asked to be moved and went on to the next room. This room had the king size bed that we requested, however, it was a non-smoking room and we specifically asked for a smoking room. At that point, we just decided to smoke on the balcony because we didn't feel like moving again.

Speaking of the rooms, I would love to know where they put the $1 million renovations in this hotel because I most certainly did not see anything new. The furniture was all hideous, old brown scratched up junk, the carpet was moldy and it stunk. The bathrooms were tiny with mold all over them and ants running rampid. The lobby was huge but was not nice by any means, it was also pretty tacky.

I never bothered to order a meal from them since the room service prices are outrageous to begin with and then they charge you a 19% gratuity along with a $2 per person delivery fee. I'd much rather walk across the street and eat anywhere else.

The location isn't great for the party people but I chose it because it is in between the hustle of South Beach and the shopping of Bal Harbour. If you're looking for a noisy, party area, this is not it.

If you're a bunch of spring breakers or party people who are just looking for a cheap bed to sleep in after drinking all night then this place might be for you but I seriously think there are much better alternatives elsewhere.

This hotel needs to be knocked down and re-built or they better consider putting another $20 million (at the very least) into it. Otherwise, their future is bleak.

I don't care if they offered me a free week at this hotel, I would not return. No way!

smelled like death!!!

We arrived and were greeted by the valet and found out we would have to pay $20 + a day to park our rental. The concierge was okay. When we walked into the lobby, the lighting was dim and dark and a smell of musty old fabrics filled the air. We went to check in and the front desk person asked how many nites we would be staying. I responded "one... and then we will see." I had a gut feeling things were not going to be satisfactory right from the start.
This elderly woman and her husband were complaining loudly that the hotel had lost her mail and she demanded to know where it was. The staff could not care less because the front desk woman said "well i put it right here and now it's gone. i have no idea where it is."
At that point, we took our room key and headed towards the elevator. I noticed that the carpet and decorations were dirty, and old-looking. A Very musty and disgusting looking/smelling elevator took us to the dingy and dark 4th floor. Walking down the hall, there were candy and gum wrappers thrown around and soda cans all over the carpet. When we opened the door to our room, the smell of death rushed out and made me ill. We slowly walked in with trepidation, only to find the walls peeling paint, carpet torn and stained, light fixtures broken, phone not working, TV door broken and off hinge that would only stay opened when propped with chair, and the ugly putrid greeish smelly bed covering with cigarette burns and lumpy mattress. The mattress also had a bed-wetting pad underneath the sheet in preparation for spillage or leakage of any kind. I immediately thought to myself, how many old people have died in this bed?
The view of the ocean was nice but when u wanted to go out on the deck, you had to prop open this heavy door. The plastic patio furniture was dirty, broken, and covered with cigarette ashes. This was suppose to be a non-smoking room.
We immediately got on the cell phone and desperately tried to find any other hotel available in the miami area. We did leave but the front desk was less than nice when I asked for a refund for the first nite. The hotel policy is that they need 72 hrs notice to cancel the reservation. I was told I would be charged for 1 nite even though we walked into the room, looked around, tried to call on the broken phone, and could not get a hold of them in time. The charge had already gone thru so I was charged $179.00 for being there for less than 20 minutes.
We would suggest you RUN not walk from this disgusting hell hole and never look back!

HORRIBLE!

by TripAdvisor Member SJA in PA

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! My husband and I stayed here with 600 other PSU fans as part of our Orange Bowl tour package. You would be hard pressed to find one of those 600 people that would have anything nice to say about the hotel. Bugs, filth, unfriendly staff are just a few things. Not only hasn't the hotel be cleaned in ages, nothing seems to ever be repaired. Don't believe the pictures or the hotel web site. There are no on-site beach activites or even a resturant. I am totally amazed that anyone would ever pay money to stay in the place. I say to stay far, far away from this place when visiting Miami!

Bad experience

by TripAdvisor Member lkhart50

We stayed there for four nights with a group that occupied 300 rooms. Some rooms had no shower heads, some people didn't have towels, we never got clean glasses, Cafe de la Mar was never open, main hotel restaurant had only one bartender and one waiter on New Year's Eve, one of the four elevators never worked, one elevator didn't work properly, pool area was not very clean for two days, pool was NOT heated as we were told.

Beauty is only facade deep

Water that doesn't work in common area baths. Toilets overflowing and filthy at outside pool. Outrageous prices at the bar. Broken windows on top floor. Ripped curtains. Smelly rooms. Dirty sheets. Unempowered staff, rude management, slow unresponsive housekeepers; three hours to get clean sheets on a supposeably made up room, poor location, except for the beach out back. Need I say more?

Stay Away...better yet, stay home!

by TripAdvisor Member Glinny

I was FORCED to spend 3 nights here in order to attend a professional conference. It took three tries to find a room that passed (sort of) for anything near acceptable (warning only 15th floor rooms have been even remotely refurbished). Despite non-smoking request the rooms reeked of smoke, the carpets were broom swept (literally) at best, glass panels were cracked, bathrooms had mildew/rust and the linens/carpets were stained, etc. If you are forced to stay here, bring your shower shoes. The neighborhood was under demolition/construction and it was a $20 cab ride (ea. way) to get to south beach restaurants and shopping. I checked out early and hung out at the airport rather than spend another minute at this "resort".

Awful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KillickBoston

In booking a 30th birthday surprise trip for my husband, I ended up with this hotel on Priceline (first time booking on Priceline, NOT a good result) and I almost had a heart attack once I started reading some of the reviews here. Everyone is right...this is a horrible hotel. If you are booking somewhere voluntarily, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. But, if you're like me and are locked into it through Priceline, here is a breakdown:

PROS: It's right on the beach, I couldn't complain about that. Our room had a great view of Miami Beach. The Walgreens right across the street is very convenient for sunscreen and water and whatever...I'm grasping at straws. As many cons as I have about the hotel, it wasn't so dirty and horrible that I would forfeit my money and move elsewhere.

CONS: Very outdated. Looks like it was great in the 50's when it was built, but they haven't done anything with it since. Even the snowbirds who lived there were complaining. There was mold and rust on the vents, ceilings, walls, etc. Our bed never had a fitted sheet any of the four nights we were there, and the first night, the sheet they had wrapped around the mattress only went partway down, so our feet were on the bare mattress. I barely slept.

If you are going to Miami Beach for the club scene like we did, it's about a $15-20 cabride to South Beach. DEFINITELY take advantage of the bus routes, which will get you right where you need to go for $1.50. We don't love public transportation, but it was worth it in this case. I have written Priceline and advised them to remove this hotel from their list. I hope it works. In the end, we did have a fabulous time in Miami, we just didn't spend much time in the hotel!

No-ville

by TripAdvisor Member 1West

I spoke at a conference originally scheduled at another hotel--due to more participant sign-ups than could be housed there, it was moved to this nightmare place. Mold, dirt, ants, senior citizen incontinence in the elevators, flooded men's room, stop work orders posted on room dorrs by the building inspector for permit violations dated May 2005, jackhammering (rooms that the building inspector hadn't tagged yet, one assumes), arbitrary "resort" charges added to the bill, surly desk staff, all unbelievable. And the PA system for our conference was apparently stolen, with no hotel personnel available early on a Monday to find spare stuff.

Deauville Resort, area, location and getting around??

by jessicaln

My boyfriend and I are spending 3 nights in June at the Deauville Beach Resort, and I really am not well oriented with North vs South Beach. Does anyone have anything to share re this hotel? What is the area around it like? Are there restaurants, bars? Do we need to rent a car or is it possible to get to places by walking or taking a cab easily? For example, can we get to South Beach easily, I think it's 5 miles away?

We're not interested in the typical touristy over-priced restaurants and bars.

Can someone point me to a good source for the area around this hotel so I can get acclimated?

Thanks!

Re: Deauville Resort, area, location and getting around??

by seagoingJLW

See if you can get reservations elsewhere. This hotel was sold at the beginning of the year and is being turned into a condominium. It has been allowed to run down in the interim.

Joan

Re: Re: Deauville Resort, area, location and getting around??

by jessicaln

We switched to the ricmond instead, thanks for the tip.

Re: Deauville Resort, area, location and getting around??

by balisunshine

I don't think you need to rent a car for 3 days if you want to hang out in Miami Beach. There are a couple of buses that run frequently up and down Collins to Washington Ave. for $1.25 Make sure you have the exact change before you get on.

Lincoln Rd. is real cool for dining and people watching. You'll find soooo many restaurants to chose from that you shouldn't worry about it.

Miami Beach is totally walkable. You can also rent a bike and really get to see a lot and enjoy the great weather. Call Jack at bicyle shop 305-674-0150. Tell him Andrea sent you...it's bring a smile to his face. Just make sure to lock the bike if you want to park it somewhere.

Cabs are also very practical...parking IS NOT!!!

E-mail me if you have any questions. I lived there for quite a while....right in South Beach.

Peace