Eden Roc Miami Beach A Renaissance Resort And Spa

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• jenn5179's Profile Photo

Eden Roc

The service was excellent, we had rooms in the new Tower, clean, modern, etc

I would recommend it if you are coming with friends, or traveling with other couples, and are going to be out and about, but it did have a slim number of dining and nightlife options onsite, so I would not stay here if you are looking to spend alot of time at your hotel (aside from at the pool)

We had a car, and if you are planning to head over to Ocean Drive, you may want to cab it, as you are not really walking distance to all of the bars and shops....

Unique Quality: Starbucks onsite, Gia's Restaurant, which serves breakfast and dinner... One lobby bar and one pool bar/restaurant.

Hotel was in middle of huge renovations when we stayed (May 2009) so perhaps in the future, there will be more dining or bar options on the property?

Directions: 45th & Collins, next to Fountainbleau hotel

More about Eden Roc Miami Beach A Renaissance Resort And Spa

LOVED THE EDEN ROC !!!!

I LOVED THE EDEN ROC!!!!!!!

The service was spectacular. The room was huge, nice and clean..I stayed in 420...street view,,,Memorial Day weekend and it was great !! A few celebrities just happened to be in our hotel that same weekend and we had a ball in the pool...The food was excellent the staff was on point the entire weekend. My girls and I had a blast..Thank you Eden ROC !! And we will be back next year !!!

Oh my -- what Miami Beach is supposed to look like

by Radiomom about Eden Roc

I've stayed here twice in recent years, for a sales and management meeting. It is wonderful to be able to depend on a luxurious, comfortable room with a view to escape to during your limited time alone! The food is pretty good...at these functions you will have breakfast buffets and luncheons and a couple of big dinner events. We liked to do lunch at the cafe that overlooks the pool and the beach. You have access to a boardwalk that goes along the beach all the way to South Beach! I walked that boardwalk every day, even walking to South Beach one afternoon to shop and meet a friend for drinks at the Delano. (We cabbed it back to the hotel).

This may sound weird but, if...

by vettebuf

This may sound weird but, if this is your first trip to Miami Beach, you must go to the Publix Supermarket around Collins and 70th Street and buy flan and guava-cheese pastries. My fondest memory of Miami Beach is sitting on the balcony of our suite on the 12th floor of the Eden Roc Hotel at 7 AM the day after my birthday drinking coffee and eating guava-cheese pastries and flan with my fingers (no spoon).

Best Hotel Around!

I love the Eden Roc, I've tried other hotels on Collins avenue & Eden Roc is by far the best....Decent staff, nice rooms, beautiful landscaping & great hotel for 20-40 yr olds....lots to do......I go every year & found that the oceanview suite is worth its money.......u have valet,room service, mini bar etc.....food is really good & pools are maintained......close to all the action too......I wouldnt stay anywhere else.

Very Nice Resort

I had the opportunity to stay at the Eden Roc from July 2-4, 04. The resort was 100% full. When we arrived, we were immediately met by a representative to park my vehicle, and take my bags. When i checked in at the front desk, the clerk upgraded us to an ocean front room on the 14th floor. The room was large and very nice, with a balcony overlooking the ocean. The bathroom was large with tile floor. The pool is nice, but was packed with children for the holiday weekend. The grounds are kept very clean. The lobby is enourmous with Starbucks coffee sold at the bar area. There are 2 rstaurants at the Eden Roc. Both are good with reasonable prices. Breakfast was good, the buffet was large and went for 16.95. The beach area is nice, but there was a lot of sea weed in the ocean that weekend. That did not stop me from going in for a dip. All in all the resort was very nice, I will certainly return.

Travelocity Won't Refund Though Hurricane Charley Is Coming

We have been to Eden Roc. It is a very sharp place and in a great location. We have made arrangements to return via Travelocity...but our flight is scheduled to leave Thursday August 12 and the projected path of Hurricane Charley is on its way through South Florida. A call early Wednesday to Travelocity resulted in a confirmation that they will refund our money BUT a follow up call Wed evening said they will not refund...only allow us to bump our trip till no longer than our return date...in essense bump the vacation till the storm passes through. We were told that we didn't buy the "insurance" for this event. We were told that if we would not accept the bump then we would be charged a cancellation fee of $800 and be refunded $150. Another call got a response of the airline will not refund Travelocity the money so they will not refund our money. Do yourself a favor and just pay the full fare then you will only have to pay a small fee to change your flight...and not get stuck paying for a vacation you may not be able to take or at a minimum have to take under different conditions. I never even got time to call Eden Roc to find out their policy on this.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Day

We spent two weekends at Eden Roc last year and loved it. We are going back this July for three nights, before we fly to Cancun for our Honeymoon. The Lobby is beautifull. Both times we got upgraded, cause we are Marriott associates. The staff was very helpfull. The breakfast was huge and wonderfull. Even cheap iff you compare it to Europe. We loved the oceanside restaurant, nice food, a beautifull ocean view and not that expensive for a hotel restaurant. The poolside cocktails are great, but quite expensive. We loved the Boardwalk, it's a nice walk all the way to South Beach. The rooms were very neat too. We can't wait to come back!

No Good When Busy!

Mayhem! -- that is the best way to describe our long holiday weekend stay at the Eden Roc. My advice -- avoid this place during holidays at all costs. Our room was smokey (even though we were on a non-smoking floor) and worse, noisy. There was a family of seven in the room next door to us (don't they have occupancy limits?) and kids didn't seem to realize that they were not at home. There was screaming, door banging and the television was at full blast -- all of which we could hear through our paper-thin walls. Other issues -- because the hotel was clearly overbooked (if other rooms had seven+ guests, you can imagine) there were not enough lounge chairs, towels, beach umbrellas and drinks to go around. Guests began hording items, even bringing their own ratty coolers filled with beer to the hotel pool. Staffers seemed confused about simple things (prices of drinks changed every time we inquired, for example) and couldn't seem to keep up with the crowd (we saw trash around the pool left by revelers out the night before). Rules (if any) were not enforced, and guests were rowdy, especially around the hotels' two pools.

Another bummer -- I booked a facial in their highly-touted spa/salon and the esthetician used old, generic products (I looked when the esthetician left the room) and stopped about 15 minutes short of the allotted time. This cost more than $70.

Amusingly, our stay lasted a day longer than the official holiday wekeend, and I got the feeling things might have been a lot nicer with fewer people at the resort. If you are determined to stay at the Eden Roc, go midweek and avoid the crowds. The setting is indeed lovely and views are great. On the other hand, large groups, weddings and travelers contemplating a holiday weekend should stay away! (Did I mention, tacky hotel guests noisily gawked at a wedding that took place the weekend we were here?)

If this place wants to stay in business, they better figure out how to keep things under control when they're packing them in.

Tough work, someone

by Radiomom

A week-long sales meeting at the Eden Roc in Miami Beach. Such a life. Actually we do work pretty hard at these annual events (see Las Vegas page). We get a couple of afternoons off, though, and this year, the weather was absolutely wonderful. One afternoon we chartered several boats for deep sea fishing. We had fun on "my" boat, but they actually caught fish on the others. Sometimes you forget that Miami is a true seaport. There was a lot going on this afternoon

Hotel on the beach with good service

by monicamu

HELP!!! Arriving in April and we are looking to celebrate some great news and were looking for a great hotel, on the beach with good service. Anyone?
Thanks!

Re: Hotel on the beach with good service

by Traveler223

The Eden Roc is a nice hotel located on the beach... convenient yet a little removed from the craziness of South Beach. I stayed there last year and the service was outstanding.

Comments