Four Points By Sheraton Miami Beach

Expedia.com FourPoints.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 36% more and rated 11% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Overall, a comfortable stay.

This is an interesting review to write about, as we stayed here for 4 days in August, on our way around the trip with our family. Originally, I had booked this hotel on their website and obtained two rooms at a fabulous price. We are members of Starwood and after reading these terrible reviews, I became nervous about staying here, so I wrote a letter to Starwood personally asking why this hotel received such dreadful reviews. I attached three reviews to my letter and asked whether they could guarantee us a comfortable holiday stay at this particular hotel.

I received back two letters, one from Starwood and one from Four Points manager assuring me that our stay would be very enjoyable and the manager would greet us personally, which actually did not happen.

On arrival our two rooms were ready and we had been upgraded to deluxe suite. Our suite had two rooms, one a lovely sized bedroom with en-suite attached. The other was a large lounge room with TV, couch, coffee table, mini bar, and walk in dressing room with safe. There was also a small kitchenette with tea and coffee facilities. Our suite did not have a balcony, which was disappointing as we did request one; the lower ones directly below us had enormous balconies overlooking the pool and ocean. (Ask for these when booking).

This hotel is located on the beach and has deck chairs and towels which can be hired from the beach, at a cost of US$10.00 a day. The pool area is lovely with a good size swimming pool. There is a lunch time bar and small snacks can be ordered. The main restaurant which serves breakfast and dinner is spacious but the service was very slow. The hotel is not close to Lincoln Street, it’s about a five minute bus or taxi ride.

Unique Quality: We actually did not mind this hotel for a relaxing four days on the beach. It does have problems regarding staff and service but overall I think they do try their best to accommodate their guests.

I could say a few negative points but really when I found that my daughter had left her valuables in the safe before boarding our plane, we quickly rang them and they confirmed to us that they would be posted onto Australia.

On our arrival home, all valuables and contents were safely secured in DHL bag. (Thanks Jessica).

• VeronicaR's Profile Photo

Four points

Vallet parking is overpriced and extremely slow.

Stay was ok.

The worst poolside service I've ever seen.

Unique Quality: The hotel made a mistake, charging an additional room to credit card. Got the problem solved after numerous phone calls to the rude accounting person and the nice hotel manager.

More about Four Points By Sheraton Miami Beach

A last resort resort on Miami Beach, the Four Points Sheraton

The Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach is awash in missed opportunities and the need for some renovation more serious than a face lift. If you are on a budget and it is the best deal you can get and still be on the beach, it still might be worth it, but don't let them give you room 802 unless they have replaced the sink and shower fixtures.

By our second day of no hot water, we figured out that the shower knob was stripped so in order to find hot water you had to turn and feel the water until you found that magic spot, which did not coincide with the markings on the knob. The sink was likewise a guessing game. Worst of all was that the front desk staff seemed not to take complaints seriously, passing it off as "you need to wait longer for it to be hot," or "that's just how Miami water is." When I finally got a maintenance person to look at it, he agreed that it needed repair, but the repair was not made before we checked out.

Then there is the valet parking. They are rebuilding their parking lot, so the valet takes your car 8 blocks away to park it. They tell you to call 20 minutes ahead to get your car. We waited 45 minutes once, and an hour another time. The hour wait was because they were so understaffed and so disorganized that in spite of my call ahead, after 40 minutes when all the other waiting guests were in their cars and gone, it turned out ours was lost in the shuffle and the keys still hung on the hook for our room. They had not sent anyone for it.

The service staff is hardworking and friendly and tries to please, but the management of this hotel seems not to have it together.

The missed opportunities include that you cannot have food or drink served out by the pool and the pool is not heated, which may not matter in the summer months, but in February the water is cold, cold, cold. Also they have no arrangement with the vendor of beach umbrellas and chairs, which is a shame. It is nice not to have to take cash out to the beach, there are many hotels on Miami beach that do have arrangements so that guests may charge the beach rentals to their rooms.

So I would say this "resort" is a last resort if it is the only way you can afford to be on the beach.

This hotel is okay if you can get it for less than $100

by TripAdvisor Member cdfev

The location is fine and the pool area is nice.

The hotel is older and the elevators appear to have been constructed by Otis himself. They are slow and only one of the three were working when we stayed from 11/9/04-11/13/04.

The room was a suite and was adequate but there was that old wet beach type smell. The bathroom and the shower was nice. The room was very quiet and the bedding was good. We had no problems with the service.

To get to South Beach Deco area...just hop on the bus across the street and for $1.25 you are there...no need to pay those high taxi fares.

The best part is free internet access if you bring your lap top.

The lobby is a bit surreal with the Greek theme. This is a three star hotel at best and it would not take much to make it into a two star

Great Vacation Place

My wife and I have stayed here 4 times. Great Hotel, where else are you going to get oceanfront with a balcony, marble bathrooms, bright and decorative rooms done in tropical pastels. First rate bedding, drapes and furniture. The lobby is breathtaking, bar, nice bar, Full service restaurant, valet service, luggage handlers, and everyone is so so nice. If you want a meal poolside no problem, they have a wonderful grill and also a full bar outside. They also have a very nice dining area outside too. Plenty of outdoor lounge chairs by the pool. There are also plenty of places in the sun and shade. One thing I really liked was all the elbow room in the hall ways, and especially the lobby It is disporportionitly enormous, marble fllors and very elegant surrondings. It dosent get much better than this folks. About the only thing that could make this first rate resot any better would be to have waiter or waitress service at the poolside, youll have to rough it folks, it is self service, boo hoo. Hey if thats the worst, so be it. Matthew Siedlarczyk, Richmond Virginia.

Adequate hotel being refurbished

The hotel was in the midst of a refurbishment--the room we had was very nicely-decorated with an excellent bed. The elevators were slow--only one was working regularly and the hall way was grim. There was a display showing an artist's conception of the refurbished halls. While the restaurant was nothing special, the pool area and outdoor grill and bar were very nice and the location is good for mid-Miami Beach. The staff at the front desk were very nice, the restaurant staff OK. The hotel is very reasonably priced and, of course, is part of Starwood's loyalty program. It is good for the price point if you can get a deal---probably will improve greatly once construction is completed.

GREAT Staff!

With a family of 5 we spent a week at the Sheraton, in April 2004. This hotel had spacious, clean, and tidy rooms. The overlook of the ocean is breath-taking. With tennis courts, the beach, ping pong tables, weight rooms, pool side cafes, and pools this was a great stay. Kids will love the place as well. The staff was absolutely outstanding!!! After one day of stay, the whole staff knew my whole family's names, even my kids! They would always check up on us making sure we were having a good time, and had everything such as towels, enough chairs, if the umbrella positioned right, everything. It was delightful having a the staff coming up to you and greeting you every day. It was absolutely incredible! Out of all the hotels I've been to, this staff is by far the best. There's not one like it. If you're planning on being close to South Beach the Sheraton is not the place. It's about a 15 minute drive but not too bad. The food by the Sheraton isn't that wonderful but the food at South Beach is ovbiously good. This hotel is a definite YES on my list. I would go back instantly!

A decent hotel

A decent hotel, clean and neat. Found the double beds to be unusually small (not like the King beds in our Australian Sheratons), coffee perculator and coffee provided but no milk. Internet access provided downstairs but didn't always work although it took your money, and when it did work it was very slow. For those on a budget it's a good place to stay, but not if you're looking for good, luxurious accommodation. Nice beachfront location, nice pool area.

Below Par

by TripAdvisor Member ngl

I travel frequently and due to a convention that filled up the hotels, I stayed at the Four Points. It is not in the "nice" section of Miami Beach but on the outskirts. The hotel itself needs MUCH work - very outdated. Even non-smoking rooms smelled of smoke because the ventilation system was so old.

The only positive is its location right on the beach. The pool area seemed nice and I was able to go for a run that morning on the beach by just stepping off from the hotel.

There was only 1 restaurant in the place and although they had a coffee "kiosk" it never appeared to be open. I had to walk next door to the Hilton to get a cup of coffee.

If you never plan on being in your room or spending all day at the beach and not caring what the hotel is like, this would be okay. But I think you can find a better value, still on the beach, than this hotel.

Above average for the $

by TripAdvisor Member travel743

Decent room, under $250, South Beach 5 minutes away, nice pool, gorgeous beach and view, excellent service, room service, nice restaurant, giant balcony, what more do you need?? Yes - free umbrellas and chairs on the beach, pool side drink and food service would have been nice, but I wasn't in the mood to pay more than $250 for an oceanfront room.

If you are looking for a five star hotel, this isn't it, but I'd give it 4. It was exactly what we were looking for and I would stay there again.

Comments