1500 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Haddon Hall Hotel

Location Location Location

I had researched several hotels on various websites before booking Haddon Hall. The first reason why I chose Haddon Hall was for the PRICE. Most of the hotels in the surrounding area were charging an arm and a leg. Haddon Hall had definitely one of the best prices, especially for this time of year. The second reason why I chose Haddon Hall was for it's LOCATION. Hands down, it is located in one of the best spots. One block west is Ocean Dr, where you are literally a walk to the sandy beaches of Lummus Park. One block east is Washington Ave, where there are tons of clubs and nightlife such as CROBAR and the MANSION-- again walking distance. Two blocks north is Lincoln Road Mall, which I wish we had went to visit longer because they have a diverse array of Restaurants. We had dinner at TOUCH...a bit pricey and pretentious, but you pay for the ambiance.

So let me tell you about the hotel. From the outside, it is like any other hotel in South Beach. It's neon lights and water fountain portray the ART DECO of Miami. The inside has wooden floors and old stained carpet. The door to our room looked like a closet door. However, the room had huge windows that overlooked Collins Avenue. We had a queen-sized bed, a kitchenette/refridgerator (which we didn't use, but only stored our left-overs and drinks in). The room was musky and old. But from reading previous reviews, I was pleasantly surprised.

The only complaint I had was the bathroom didn't have a fan. Because of that it smelled like mildew. My boyfriend and I bought candles and air freshener, so after a few hours it was fine. Actually it was kinda romantic having the candles. The maid service came every day to change the sheets and clean towels(I wanted to include that because I read another review that said it didn't)

We didn't have a car, but I could see why this would be a problem if you wanted to stay at Haddon Hall. Their front parking lot holds only a few cars and I think you actually have to park a block away from the hotel, but i'm not certain. Also, there is a $50 deposit fee that they don't tell you about until you arrive, but we had no problem getting it back on our check-out.

So overall, if I were to go back to Miami, I would definitely stay here again. This room is for people that don't have a car, that don't have much expectations and who really are in Miami to do other things. We spent most of our time out (ie. watching Miami heat, walking on the beach, partying at Mangos) that the place was perfect for our trip. We even were able to roll out of bed and grab breakfast at Jerry's Deli because it's located right next door. So definitely, for price and location, it was worth it.

Fair, at best

by TripAdvisor Member uphilli

We went to Miami for 4 nights at the beginning of March, spent 1 night at Haddon Hall. We didn't book a room in advance, just walked up to the desk. Rate was $120/night and the room faced Collins Ave. Outside: typical 'Art Deco' look to it. Lobby: Fair, somewhat dated. Room: Barely fair: the carpet was old/dirty, the bathroom small and hasn't been updated since they built the place, poor water pressure and the hot water was warm at best.
Bed OK, not much support. TV sitting on top of an old painted dresser. Kitchenette in the room w/ fridge, though I wouldn't use any of the utensiles. Towels weren't very big. Thin walls, or noisy neighbors....when the A/C is on it drowns out the outside traffic.
Great location, good price for what you get. No room safe.

Scary, scary, DO NOT STAY

by TripAdvisor Member jcarmar

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world and the Haddon Hall is the worst I've ever seen in my life. The hotel itself is in a great location in South Beach and it doesn't look awful from the outside but beware--unless you plan on staying out all night at SoBe clubs and only keeping your BAGS at the hotel, do NOT visit. The hotel is a hotel/retirement home. Our beds not only had terrible matresses and nasty covers but the sheets were covered in hairs and the pillow cases had make-up all over them. Clearly the sheets had not been washed in several guest's stays. When we complained of the scary hairy sheets, we were sent upstairs with a stack of new sheets to re-make the beds on our own. There was one sheet in the stack of new "clean" sheets that was remotely clean and even it had two cigarette burns straight through the sheet. While making the bed (OURSELVES), we found a BUTCHER KNIFE at the head of the bed. We took a picture (which I am not posting now b/c I just wanted to get this review written ASAP to warn any unassuming potential guests of this nasty, dirty hotel). No one at the hotel seemed to bat an eyelash that our sheets were covered in hair or that a KNIFE was found in our room. There was no soap or shampoo (or anything) in the bathroom in our room and the towels were old bathmats. I don't care how cheap it is, unless you want to leave the hotel with a nasty disease or your head chopped off, DO NOT STAY AT THE HADDON HALL.

Beyond RUDE

We stayed at Haddon Hall during the week of the Orange Bowl. After reading all the reviews, the only good thing I can say is it was not as bad as I expected. We had to pay around $90 a night. Don't go planning to cook anything in your room. We had one pot that was very large with a lid that did not fit. We were not going to cook, but it was misleading to say they provided cooking utensils. I can actually say almost everyone working there was rude to us. They were not helpful at all. We had to park almost 2 blocks away and pay $16 a day. When I tried to discuss parking with the one person who could speak English, he basically ignored me until I made him speak to me then he screamed there was no parking. We were assigned a room with someone in it. When they first gave us the key we tried it and it would not work. They gave us a different key and it worked but someone else was already in the room and we walked in on them. This was very unsafe. Also I made the mistake of looking on the underneath side of the bedspread. Terrible stains, not sure what it was. I will never go to South Miami Beach again. Everyone there was rude. They would almost knock you down and not even say excuse me. I did not find even one person who had one ounce of common courtesy. Maybe I am just to used to southern hospitality and people being nice.

The worst experience ever

We stayed at this hotel during the Thanksgiving week (25 November - 1 December).

The price was around 65$ per day- so nothing extraordinary was expected. The best quality of this hotel – it’s location.

We paid in full when we checked in with the credit card.
They have a policy to charge you 50 dollars more - if everything goes ok, you suppose to get your money back.

On the checkout they credited us this 50 $ back. In addition they charge us again for the whole week (431$) - by mistake I hope.

We discovered we have been overcharged a month later, when we got our statement from the bank. And the saga began.
I called them and explain the situation - the manager promised to call me the next day. She never did.
When I called her again, she promised to investigate and call me at the end of the day - and she did not.
I decided to talk to the owner directly - she knew nothing about the case (or pretended to know nothing), promise to investigate and call me back.
Guess what - she never did.
I contacted my bank and the officer from the bank called them - again promise to investigate and call back. Nobody ever called.

They were polite all the time - but they did not do a thing.
I could not understand their attitude: they wanted us to get tired of them and just let it go!
You feel helpless and hopeless while dealing with them

Never ever again...

Horrible

We were booked at this hotel and they MOVED us without calling or giving any prior notice to an absolute dump!!!!! The staff was very rude and unsympathetic to our situation. I would STRONGLY recommend staying away from this place.

Great Value, not bad

by TripAdvisor Member Shawn_McKnight

Booked this hotel online then read the reviews below and was really worried. Turned out just fine - no problems with the reservation, got exactly what we asked for. Staff was helpful and friendly.
Pool is large and clean, room was okay but old. The hallway carpets are not exactly clean and the kitchenette lacks pots, containers etc but for under $100, across the street from $450 a night hotels? what do you want.
It's centrally located to the restaurants and shopping on Lincoln Road, Hispanola Way, Ocean drive and a block from the beach.
Wife complained a little when we first got there but then as we walked around the next day she saw that all the under $450 hotels look the same, are just as old, and you're paying for the location and nightlife, not the ritz, she was cool with it. The Loews looks beautiful but you can do a lot of stuff with the $350 difference in your pocket - like rent a convertible for $45 a day and cruise the A1A beach route and Miami.
We'd stay there again - it frees up money to drink and dine. If you can try and ask for a room that doesn't face the neon of the streets as the wooden blinds don't filter out all the light. Oh ya - and the advertised Queen beds in the deluze rooms are really two doubles.

Ok

My girlfriend and I stayed here during our first visit to Miami Beach. The rooms were ok but gave off a smell of being old. Then on the second night, we had moths in our room and we were there for 5 nights. It's close to everything and for the price it was a great value. I've seen the hotel going for as high as 330 during Spring Break so I'm glad that I visit Miami every May.

Only if your on a strick budget.

The location is great, the service is rude and lazy and the rooms are run down. The walls are paper thin and the sheets are like cardboard. Someone vomited on the floor in the hall it remained there even till we checked out 3 days later. I only would suggest it if your on a budget and you can laugh at its short comings.

Total Dump

The mattresses kill your back, the pillows are completely flat. The only thing this place has going for it is its location. Not far from Delano.

Waiting for the luggageWaiting for the luggage

Living areaLiving area

Seeking shelter in the cabanaSeeking shelter in the cabana

Hoola girl in shop window on Ocean DriveHoola girl in shop window on Ocean Drive

SOUTH BEACH HOTEL REVIEWS

DEUVILLE
PENQUIN
CAVALIER
CLAY

I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ACROSS FROM BEACH, PREFERABLE WITH A LOUNGE. ANY SUGGESTIONS NOT ON MY LIST?

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE CELEBRATING OUR 11TH ANNIVERSARY AND ARE IN OUR MID 40'S ...

ANY RESTAURANT IDEAS??? BAR IDEAS??

RE: SOUTH BEACH HOTEL REVIEWS

by bobk165

Hi,

I stayed at the Deuville Radisson a few years back for a seminar for my job and it was pretty awesome. But I didn't enter the lounge, so I'm not sure what that is like. It is right on the beach in Miami beach on Collins Ave. (somewhere around 60th St. and Collins if I remember correctly)

One restaurant that I HIGHLY recommend is "Carpaccio". It is in the "Bal Harbour Shops" on Collins Ave. and 97th. (About 5 miles directly north of the heart of Southbeach on Collins Avenue)

One thing you must do is ask for a seat outside and go when it's sundown. The lights on the palm trees at night are stunning. It's fairly upscale (white table cloths etc). The Bal Harbour Shops (where the restaurant is located) is a super upscale plethora of shops (like Prada, Gucci etc)in an open air mall with geometric reflecting pools and hordes of tropical plants, which make for a totally awesome backdrop for some pictures. Even if you don't go to Carpaccio for your Anniversary dinner, definitely check it out. I took my wife there and she loved it. There are some pics of the inside of the Bal Harbour shops at www.balharbourshops.com to give you an idea of what it's like.

If you are looking for a dance club, we went to "Crobar" right in the heart of Southbeach. I'm also 40 years old, and even though the crowd is a bit younger (25-30), my wife and I had a great time. It is one of the largest clubs in Southbeach, and the soundsystem is awesome. Get there around 10:00pm or so if you don't want to stand in line for an hour though. The cover charge is a little steep ($25 last year) which is about the only drawback. Write me back and let me know how it goes.
See Ya :-)