Hotel Nash

1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

More about Hotel Nash

Loved Hotel Nash!

Hotel Nash was the best thing about South Beach. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The room and bathroom were very clean. The decor of the room and hotel is remarkable and modern. After a night on South Beach, Hotel Nash was a true blessing. I will always recommend the Nash to anyone who visits Miami.

Nice stay at Hotel Nash

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Nash. The hotel is in a great location one block from the beach and within a few blocks of great restaurants, bars and shopping. The hotel itself is modern and comfortable, although the rooms are somewhat cozy. Our "junior suite" was really just a regular sized room with a sofa bed and chair. And the shower, which has no door, will inevitably result in a big puddle on the bathroom floor. Plus, as others have noted, the garbage trucks in the alley will wake you up every morning. The back patio has lounge chairs and three decent sized dipping pools, which were great for sunning and cooling off when it was too sweltering at the beach.

As far as service is concerned, it's pretty much non-existent. The front desk staff never smiled and frequently ignored us while we were waited for them to assist us. The exception was the doorman who was friendly and polite, and got us on the guest list for one of the hottest clubs in South Beach. But overall, the hotel was clean and comfortable, there is a complimentary continental breakfast, the air-conditioning works great (important in August!), and the location can't be beat.

Great Deal

The ratio Price/Quality is excellent !

Staff is more than helpful. Valet is reliable and on time. Complimentary breakfast is top quality. The 3 small pools are very relaxing. Location is unbeatable. Shower is a must !

I will go back to Hotel Nash if The Hotel of South Beach is too expensive (this is my absolute favorite in SoBe).

Great Hotel for a Great Price!

We returned yesterday from a 5-night stay at Miami's South Beach in the Hotel Nash. Located at 1120 Collins Avenue, the hotel is in a superb location a block away from the beach.
We arrived at 3.30pm and the room was ready immediately. Our room was very clean and well appointed with a large cable TV, VCR and a stereo system with CD player, FREE high speed internet (using a dataport cable - not wireless), queen size bed, walk-in closet and a sitting area. The bathroom had a large vanity sink and a shower for two.
The front desk staff are very friendly and accomodating. Our room had an ice bucket and the policy is that we take it to the front desk to be replenished and when we did this, there was never any attitude. The toilet became blocked while we were there and the front desk staff apologised for the blocking of the toilet and it was put right immediately.
The hotel has 3 spa pools outside and a courtyard with plenty of sun loungers and parasols and massage facilities by the pools at $120.00 for full body.
Mark's is the signature restaurant of the hotel and the food quality and quantity is just fabulous. Expect to pay around $180+ for a meal for two including a bottle of wine, but is well worth it.
The only downside is the parking situation. There is no on-site parking lot so we have to hand our keys to the front desk staff or the valet guy standing outside the hotel. The hotel has a flat charge of $20.00 per day for car parking. Once you hand your keys over, you don't know where the car is and the policy is: Call the front desk 15-20 minutes before you need your car and they will bring it for you. The time wait is more like 30-40 minutes so just give them plenty of time.
We had to take friends to the airport and we waited so long, the hotel called a cab and PAID THE FARE for us! That is what you call customer service!
All in all, we were very very happy with Hotel Nash. Good value for money, great location, very friendly and efficient staff. Will definately stay there again.

Overall - an Okay hotel

We stayed at the Nash for 3 night during the 4th of July weekend. The rooms were nicely decorated, although some of the furniture were falling apart. The ceilings are thin! We can hear our upstairs neighbor stomping around. We requested another room, but the entire hotel was booked out. Despite complaints from other reviewers, we found the Front desk personnel to be helpful and friendly. We were almost always greeted with a smile when we walked through the lobby. The only exception being the Sunday person - an older guy. He barely acknowledged us, even when we were sitting in the lobby waiting for our car. The bathrooms were nice. We loved the shower. Housekeeping never replaces the soap though, I don't know why. Parking in the area is impossible, but that is to be expected. We were in town for a wedding, and had to run a lot of errands. Having to call the valet and wait 30 minutes everytime we needed the car was maddening. That of course, was not their fault. And we dropped a nice hunk of change on tips and parking for the weekend.

With that said, we still enjoyed our stay. The location is perfect - a block from the beach. We weren't too much into the nightlife, and our room, with a view of the garden and pools, was far enough away from Collins Ave to not hear the noise at night. I don't think it gets any better for this area, at this price.

The front desk crew makes this place a winner!

by TripAdvisor Member scala5k

The location and style of this hotel make it easy to suggest. The amazing service makes it impossible not to. From the moment we arrived, the front desk staff and concierge treated my wife and I like royalty. The chef made an amazing wedding cake and presented it with five-star style, awaiting our return to the room. When we needed a suggestion for dinner, not only did they come up with a winner (Pacific Time), but made all the necessary arrangements.

The room was a little small; the layout would have improved this, but we didn't have any problems, even with a significant amount of luggage. The bathroom was quite nice, with a huge, powerful shower--perfect for post-beach cleanup! The three pools and the pooldeck are fine, but we found that, with the ocean a block away, we only visited once. Try it out, but don't expect it to be the focus of your stay.

My honest opinion on what i thought

I stayed at the Nash in September 05 and I have to stay it was better than I thought. The location is great and is just a block away from the beach and is walkable to restaurants and bars on Collins and Lincoln road and ocean drive. You can also walk to Espanola way where there are some quaint shops and places to eat. There is a great Indian restaurant around the corner called Guru which had great food.

The hotel has nice decor in the lobby. The staff that work there on general are nice especially one that works in the evenings, might be Spanish very eager to help and was polite, helped with our bags when we got there, yet there are others that don’t offer many words, not rude just quite, more like service without a smile!. The free internet service in the lobby is great. The staff did not explain amenities or that breakfast was served in the mornings, I knew because I checked before had. They offer croissants and bagels, cereals etc... So that wasn’t bad.

The room was small but clean and tidy. Not much space to put your things but still nice. Linens were clean and bed was comfortable. Not a great view from the window and we were woken up with the trash men! The blinds were really poor and there is some paint work that could be done to improve the rooms, Furniture was great. CD player was a nice touch. On a hole though the room was nice. NO BUGS! And that's a plus in my book

The bathroom was big, bigger than I expected. Was generally clean and the shower had some marks on the tile but I wore flip flops in there so that was ok. The faucet was Kholer which was nice. The water goes everywhere in the shower because of the design but just place a towel on the floor and your good to go.

The three pools are was nice, they had a shortage of Umbrellas but we just used it when they free. The pools were kind of hot but were nice. They were a plus.

Marks restaurant is over rated and over the top expensive as are the drinks at the bar.

As we were leaving no one bothered to help with our bags, probably because we were leaving! So that I thought was rude.

To be fair though overall my experience was good and for the price I paid it could have been a little better with better service, but I would give it a about 3 stars out of 5.

Good Hotel, Great Location!

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights at the end of August. This Hotel has a great location, just one street behind Ocean Drive. Handy for the beach, shops, bars, restaurants etc. The room was small, but nicely layed out (except we had a day bed which could have been replaced by a chair or couch to give a little more room). The style was modern, a bit quirky, and had everything you need, minibar(ie fridge), CD player, TV good selection of channels, free internet access in lobby, Nice spacious shower (no bath), robes, comfy bed, beach towels (great plus!). Only negatives where the decor, in particular the blinds could do with a bit of a touchup, not too bad just getting tired. The staff were ok, if you spoke to them they were helpful, always had our car quickly, but didn't make conversation, give away smiles, or say anything about the hotel and it's facilities when we arrived ie should have pointed out the breakfast, free internet (think they kept this to themselves as they were always using it), restaurant opening and closing times, pools etc.- Think they need some training! Would recommend and would probably stay again.

Lovely room!

by TripAdvisor Member Alleah

DH and I stayed here for one night post cruise and all I can say is,it was a good choice for a good deal. We disembarked from Port of Miami around 8:oo am and got to the hotel by 8:30am. From the look of the hotel outside, I thought I made a bad choice on picking this hotel because of the plain white painting outside. But we were greeted by nice staff as soon as we got there. Our room wasn't ready but they took our luggage and offered us breakfast (which we refused, cuz we're not hungry) and also offered us a towel and a changing room if we would like to go to the beach ( which we also refused, cuz we have planned to go to aventura mall that day). Even though we refused, I think it's sooo nice of the staff to atleast offered it to us. They also gave their business card to us so that we can call them around 1pm to check and see if the room is ready. Now I think that is customer service. We didn't finish shoping until 4pm and when we checked in, we met Franco ( I'm not sure if he's a bell man or not) and he got our luggage and took it to our room. He also gave us a VIP card for club "mansion" for the night. The room we had is very clean and has a nice decor. But then again, we're not the type of people that will inspect and literally look for dust in the room and complain about things. Over all, I think the staff are great and the hotel is lovely especially the door man and Franco!!

Nice place - would recommend

by TripAdvisor Member nick78447

We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed ourselves. The room was clean and spacious, bed comfortable and TV big. Air con noisy but effective, breakfast basic but decent - some fresh fruit would have gone a long way.

As someone has already noted, the staff are pleasant enough, but lacking somewhat in warmth. They weren't forthcoming with info (only having got home and re-read the reviews do I know there was free internet access - doh!) but were nice enough when asked.

Location is perfect and for the price I'd say it was good value.

Girls Vacation-Where to stay?

by oregongirl78

Hello,

We are having our "girls vacation" this year in Miami. We will be there the end of October for about 3 nights.
Any suggestions on where to stay? There will be 4-10 people, 27 years old and we will want go out to the clubs at night. Moderate budget.

Thanks for your help :)

RE: Girls Vacation-Where to stay?

by LubaLorine

Hi! I am planning a business trip out there and found some good hotel rates via the websites of the airlines I was interested in flying. (ie: jetblue, america west, etc.) Try there for their hotel connection.

Also, the following sites either helped with some great rates or got me to links that offered them.

www.hotel411.com
www.gomiamidade.gov
www.hotels.net
www.hotel-rates.com

I found rates at several of the more boutique hotels located right on Collins Ave. (the main boulevard in Miami Beach) and with reasonable rates from $75 - $120 for very good hotels. Beware, though...Some were trashy, so you do have to do your homework by checking here on VT and for reviews on Tripadvisor.com Some of the more recommended for rate, location, style and value were: Hotel nash, Clevelander, Blue Moon, The Wave, Marseilles, Royal Palm Crown, Wyndham, NewCirca 39. There are many many more, but do your research and you'll find one to your taste.

All the clubs seem to be located in this general area and there's plenty of tips here on the VT website as to nightclubs, transporation, shopping and things to be aware of.

Since I'll be going in July, I'll try to get some information up myself so you can check it out before you leave.

Hope you chicks have a great time!
Best, Lorine