1144 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Hotel Victor

Chic & Delicious Hotel Victor

by TripAdvisor Member greenleaf-studio

What an awesome time to be had at the hotel Victor!!! Phoenominal service, great decor & ambiance. Perfect for a romantic getaway. Great people watching and nightlife at the outdoor lounge/bar area.

first class service

Just came back from South Beach. Stayed at the Hotel Victor for 3 glorious nights. had a wounderful time and everyone from bellstaff to front desk and the waiters all took extra care of me. The rooms are not what you expect on South Beach, they actually have color and style. loved it. i am planning my next trip already

Ultra hip hotel in South Beach

by TripAdvisor Member izzik

Check-in: Polite, subtle front desk area. Strict check-in time (4pm), bags were held for an early arrival, cell phone paged when room was ready. Access to spa locker room downstairs was granted - nice to freshen up.

Room: Small-ish but furnished nicely - bed, couch, desk. Bed area is primarily focus of the room with curtains flanking entryway and bathroom. Hanging jellyfish motif lamps and reading light by couch are nice touches. Flat screen TV in corner over the "mini-bar" with non-mini booze selection. DO NOT MISTAKE the bottle of clear liquid on the desk as water! =) CD/DVD player also provided. Soundproof windows.

Bed: Amazing. Firm with pillowtop mattress. Down pillows and comforter. Egyptian cotton sheets. Comfy headboard encourages lounging around.

Bathroom: Very modern fixtures (all marble) with separate area for toilet. Rainforest showerhead and deep bathtub for soaking. Love the loofah provided. Poor drainage in bathtub . Consecutive showers not recommended unless you don't mind standing in a deep puddle. Towels are oversized, thirsty. Shower pressure could be a little better. Sliding mirror blocks the window as needed - clever!

Decor: Black with burnt orange / browns are the theme. Very hip and tasteful without being gaudy. White sheets and curtains add a gentle feel to balance it out.

Amenities: Hotel Victor puts out their own bathroom amenities line. Bath salts and loofah are nice additions to the usual suspects. No notepad or pen by the telephone! No disposable laundry bag available!

Location: On Ocean Drive facing the beach. Decent but not fabulous.

Would stay here again if it was priced better.

Perfect...

by TripAdvisor Member j_lopookie

If you are looking for a chill yet classy (in an understated way) place to relax, then the Hotel Victor it is! Have stayed at the Ritz Carlton Sobe before and loved it but if you are looking for something more quiet and intimate with the same excellent level of service than choose Hotel Victor. Definately a worthwhile experience. Paid around $200 USD per night through the Hyatt. Loved the jellyfish tank... could have stared at it for an hour! The beds/pillows are so comfortable and if you draw the curtains, it's like you're in your own harem! The shower/tub is phenomenal but takes a while to fill since it's so big. Loved the complimentary water and full bar. Room size is perfect for two (in a Victor King). The closet has motion-activated light and you have you're own doorbell to the room! The lighting in the room can also be adjusted to suit your mood. Weather was a bit gloomy (Oct. 5-9) so I didn't use the beach service but the pool service was awesome. Did see some topless bathers by the pool if anyone is looking to do that. Also, pets are allowed even by the pool.

Thursday night at the hotel is the spot to be apparently.... went down for a visit with some friends we met into their VIP. It had rained that night so was slower than expected but given good weather, I would anticipate the place to be hot/hype.

Best thing: Service, Beds, Atmosphere
Needs improvement: Need a better full-length mirror, keys can become demagnitized (but loved the case they came in!)

Overall, highly recommended especially if you're a couple or with a friend.... if you have a larger party or kids or need more room, than the Ritz may be more compatible given it's larger size/capacity...

Leave valuables at home when staying here

We stayed in an egregiously overpriced 300 square foot room (square footage includes closet and bathroom areas). I'm all for spending on vacations, but in hindsight $600 would have been better spent staying at the Mandarin, the Delano, or even shelling out an additional $400 for the understated opulence of the Setai. Other than that, staff was generally friendly, and food was excellent. Now in the "little things that make a stellar hotel" category: I left a phone charger and a very expensive pair of gold/large millimeter pearls in the room upon checkout. Realized at 7am the next morning and called the manager. It took me leaving 3 messages for him to finally call me back 5 hours later to say housekeeping didn't report finding anything. Should I be responsible for things I leave in a hotel room? Yes - I'm not asking them to replace the effects. But I can't help but think that in a nicer hotel, the management would be more accomodating to past guests looking to frantically locate missing items...and that they would demand more accountability from their housekeeping team. Since the staff at Hotel Victor does/did neither, I will not stay here again, nor would I recommend it to my friends.

not real luxury

by TripAdvisor Member botiga

we were in for 1 night,even we had a reservation for 3.
First I want to tell that I DIDN´T like South Beach at all, it's not for a family ...
We had listened about Ocean Drive and we went there after been in Orlando for 6 days.. When we arrived we were dissapointed about the location.. no parking for our rental car, very dirty streets, not really nice shops, the place looks old all around,people in the bars, food dishes near you are walking with menus lists every 2 or 3 walks.. very touristic and not glamourous as I expected.
The hotel Was "cool", for very young people, the pool was small and the water was not clean, my room view as directly to the pool and i don´t understand why some people can swim into not clear water.
Small room ,for we are used to, no place to leave your toilet accesories(on the floor??, red and black colors, extrange things on the fridge, alcohol, preservatives, eye masks
WE arrive about 2pm and the room wasn´t ready, they gave us What they call a bungalow, and it was only for 2 people(we were 3), and have to wait 2 hours more for anothe room ; the rate was cheaper, but on the bill they charge us the same amount as the bungalow.
The lady on the front desk from Greece very nice and helpful, not the boy..
She offered us Evian water while waiting, and recomend us a diiferent palce to go instead of South beach.
we moved one day later and they only charge for the night we spent, I only recomend this place for very young people; I'M only 35 but i THINK this is for 20 or 25.

has some kinks to work out

by TripAdvisor Member brendanla

I stayed at the Victor about a week after hurricaine wilma, but the problems that i had with the hotel were not hurricaine related. First off, i love the location - its in a great area of south beach. The hotel feels very chic and feels very 5-star but their were some problems:

1) Rooms were small and we were in a larger "very victor room"
2) The hotel is LOUD. The thump from the bar continues on until about 3:30am. The beat turns on again at about 10:30am. By the end i was joking that they did this to get people out of bed so they would have to check out.
3) Hotel is EXTREMELY pricey for a small room and a loud hotel.
4) Service wasnt great, but that could have been some wilma aftermath stuff.
5) No beach club/service, unlike the Delano and Shore Club Hotels.

Overall, i would go back - but they need to work out some of the kinks.

Service was Unacceptable for a High-Priced Luxury Hotel

The room was small, but funky - overpriced. The overall decor was nice. The spa was great - reasonably priced. The location is great.

Now for the negatives:
Check-In at 4PM? No, try waiting until 5:30PM with a business meeting at 6 for which no time was left to get ready. They comped the drinks at the bar during the wait, but who drinks heavily before a business meeting?

3 am each night, we were awakened to squeals & running through the halls or drunks yelling around the pool. It IS South Beach, so I didn't mind, but my wife did.

Service at the bar/lounge & pool was way below average. Expect wait staff to take a break after every order you place.

At one point, my drinks took 20 minutes - at the 15 min point, my wife went looking for the waitress and found our drinks melting at the bar. She found the waitress and told her, and the waitress came to us empty-handed to deliver a weak apology - but not the drinks just yet.

Mid-day at the bar/lounge (about 8 customers there) a half-full drink was removed after I got up to hit the bathroom. I came back and was told to tell them when I am coming back, otherwise they'll just take it away. Out of an area for 60-80 people, they needed the space?! Maybe I needed a hall pass for the bathroom?

For the $600+ / nt we were paying, this was a horrendous experience. If they can get their act together on service, this could be a great hotel.

For this price/service combo, stay at the Casa Grande, Bentley, The Hotel, or even up the road at one of the bigger, fancier ones.

Stayed in better...

Overall not a bad experience, but the Victor should understand that competition at this end of the price range leaves the Victor with quite some way to go. Will not be staying at the Victor again as others in this price range offer more.

Positives

Location is good with easy access to most of South Beach. Interior decor is funky, offering a stylish alternative to the "all white" style of minimalism. Staff were friendly - although Colin at the pool was the best. Also liked the dog friendly Happy Hour. Hulk Hogan was at the pool - a living legend!

Negatives

Whilst staff were friendly, didn't always seem to know what they were doing - was especially unhappy with the failure of the concierge arranged airport limo that failed to turn up. Breakfast (and most other meals) was overpriced, we are used to paying premium prices for upscale restaurants/hotels but the Victor failed to meet the standards of the prices they ask for. Rooms were also on the small side for the money - even by South Beach standards.

Hotels in South Beach

by ctorres1979

Trying to plan a trip for the weekend to South Beach for my sisters b day. Hopefully somebody can help me out and tell me if anyone knows about any of the hotels down there that have reasonably large rooms.

I've been there a couple times and I know how most of the hotels have pretty small rooms. Any tips would be appreciated.. Thanks

by NaplesJim

I am pretty sure the clevelander is closed for very extensive renovation.
Do not try an old hotel since all rooms are small, try new..Hotel Victor, Ritz
or Loews. Yes, the price is more,but you will have a much better time for a birthday.

by ctorres1979

Thanks for the info.. I'm going to check out the rates now.

Appreciate it!

by salsadancer

Hello,

I don't know which weekend your sister is planning to visit, but I can recommend the Bentley Hotel on Ocean Drive. It is a charming art deco gem situated right on the beach.

I stayed there with some friends last April, we were in South Beach for a friend's wedding, and I think that the Bentley is just perfect for ladies. The Italian marble bathrooms are spacious, the beds are King sized. Suites are equipped with make up mirrors, irons and ironing boards, CD, free wifi internet, soft terry robes, a kitchenette. All the girly things which so many hotels forget to include.

You will not find a trouser press at the Bentley which you find in every hotel. I mean how many of us actually need a trouser press!.

We loved the rooftop terrace with pool and awesme views of the ocean. We would sit there during sunset and enoy a glass of wine. Staff are wonderful they could not be more welcoming or helpful. they recommended some really good places to dine, and were so sweet to my friend's terrier. Yes they even welcome pet pooches.

You can book direct but we got a great deal by booking with one of the owners: thebentlehyhotel@yahoo.com.

What we ladies liked is that we could walk everywhere. We were central to everything yet is was quiet and away from the razzmatazz of South Beach. Ocean and Fith is the quietest corner of the strip.

Guests at the Bentley are given free access to the sister hotel Bentley Beach's private beach club and gym which is fantastic.

I can highly recommend the Bentley. We've booked a return visit.

btw A very Happy Birthday to your sister!.

by salsadancer

A correction for the email address which should read: thebentleyhotel@yahoo.com

by ctorres1979

thanks alot!.., pretty funny my husband and I actually just got back from a great weekend trip and we stayed at the bentley beach hotel so we know that property well.

I think for my sisters b day we'll try the bentley which is a little closer to all the action. Thanks for the good recommendation!

Comments