Indian Creek Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 20% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Indian Creek Hotel

Great Boutique Hotel with a fantastic restaurant

We spent our short vacation a the Indian Creek Hotel in Miami Beach. Really do not get some of the reviews I have been reading. The hotel is great, we love the fact that it was recently renovated, and we love even more Creek 28, restaurant located inside the hotel.
Simply exceptional and great food! Unbelieveable, no entree costs nmore then 22 dollars, it's a bargain for the gorgeous and quality dishes you can taste.
We highly recommend the place!

A haven within reach

I live in the Florida Keys and visit South Beach often to shop and action.. I have stayed in all the Boutique Hotels in South Beach , and recently found Indian Creek Hotel on 28th Street and Indian Creeek Drive . Recently purchased by New YorkeRS THE Hotel is totally being updated , the best resturant has opened and chef Kiera formally at the Abbey works majic. Just a five block walk to all the noise and insanity Indian Creek is truly charming, with OLDE World Touched which one never sees in the White vinyl og Boutique Hotels.. I highly reccommend Indian Creek Hotel if affordable , and Authentically quaint is your desire

Great Value and Location

We just come back from our weekend in Miami Beach.
We stayed at the Indian Creek Hotel and find this hotel a real find! Very affordable rates and, clean recently re-done rooms. Our room had a king bed with a view to the pool. Although the garden was still being cleaned up after the recent Willma effects, room was freshly painted and even had a hardwood floors. Staff very helpful. The best is the location, very close to the ocean ( 1 block ), and walking distance to the South Beach.
The hotel is a small boutique type of the hotel, and it is classic Art Deco, with a lobby decorated to preserve the Art Deco feeling. We simply loved it!

Here we go again

by TripAdvisor Member lucyna c

This was my second visit to the Indian Creek Hotel.
I was very happy staying there in September, and due to my work, I will be visiting Miami frequently.
The hotel is changing its image from day to day it looks like. There is a lot of work going on with the openning of the new restaurant, which in times can be bothering, although, I have learned in the 2 weeks will end. I liked the fact that I was greeted by name as a repeat client, and got the room I was staying in last time. Obviously the folks at the hotel are trying hard to improve the hotel amenities.
For me broadband Internet was good enough.
Looking forward to stay there again.
Read some reviews from the past visitors - don't go for it! - There is no band playing music loud, it make me lough, there is no band, thy still clean up after Wilma.... actually it wouldn't be that bad to have some music playing, which according to the front desk it's going to happen with the restaurant openning.

Don't Fall For It - The Pictures Lie

by TripAdvisor Member shellyaz

I am a travel agent and received an award for a 2 night comp stay. Truly, the worst experience! Upon arrival, we could not find parking. After about 30 minutes of driving through the neighborhood, we finally found some people leaving. The outside of the hotel was not very attractive. The lobby was rather neat, however, as it is decorated in classic art deco. The staff was extremely unpleasant, and it took some time checking us in. The hallways were very dark and dreary. Our room was extremely tiny and on the dirty side. Old and outdated. The bathroom was like a closet. I felt like we were in a rundown shabby NYC hotel that you would see derelicts in. Our room overlooked the courtyard and pool area. Which was fine, until the band started up. Then it was as if we were down there with them. It was so loud. The staff refused to reaccomodate us to another room, and told us the band would be over at 10pm, which was far from the truth. It was after midnight. After we couldn't take the noise any longer, we left. When we returned, it was a 45 minute parking venture. Ridiculous.

P.S. Those cute alligator keys.... Yes, cute. But, you can't leave the hotel with your own room key. You have to return the key to the desk when you go out, then wait in line to get your key back. Not exactly comfortable with that either.

Don't waste your time or your money, go somewhere else.

Quite inadequate

by TripAdvisor Member SJayinCT

We booked the Indian Creek based upon both Fodor and AAA reviews (this was prior to our discovering Tripadvisor). It was a dreadful experience. Although we initially booked for three nights, we left after one. The room was dark, shabby and dirty. The furniture was primitive. The staff was surly and the grounds needed much help. The continental breakfast consisted of juice, cold cereal, packaged bread and coffee. One could surely do much, much better.

Left after 1 day

We had booked 8 nights but ended up leaving after 1. There was construction happening and large piles of material piled up by our door. The smell of paint and glue was everywhere. The window was broken and wouldn't close. I asked front desk for another bath towel (as we were 3 people but only supplied with 2 towels) and he gave me a rotting old pool towel and told me to find the maid. When we went for the continental breakfast the tables were occupied by construction workers wolfing down their food. There is no cable

The location is poor as well. There are abandoned buildings nearby, broken glass everywhere, piles of garbage in streets. The garbage is likely from Wilma but nowhere else did we see this.

Great hotel on a budget

by TripAdvisor Member smithjen78

I had a great time at the hotel. No, it's not a luxury hotel,but if your goal is to get somewhere and not spend all of your time in the hotel room, it's perfect. Great location, 5 minutes from the beach. The staff was great and the rooms were clean, and a hideous aqua, but it gave it character. I'd far rather stay in a little place like this versus a big chain. The continental breakfast wasn't so great. It consisted of only toast, but free toast is better than nothing. I highly recommend this place.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member KathyNewJersey

I booked a room for 2 nights based on positive reviews I read. I then called back to ask a question and my reservation could not be found, even though I was sent an e-mail confirmation. Four phone calls later (with several different staff members) it was finally straightened out. I gathered from reviews that this hotel was quiet, and was promised a quiet "garden view" room. Unfortunately, their restaurant served dinner (with music) outdoors right under my window until 10:30 and then blasted music while cleaning up until I went down and asked them to turn it down (no help from hotel clerk/manager). People next door came in at 11:00 and let their children run up and down the halls and played loud music until early in the a.m. The building is charming, but I was misinformed on so many other details (including the hours breakfast would be served - that changed overnight!) that I cannot recommend this hotel. Admire the building, but if you would like quiet, stay somewhere else. We left early in disgust.

Comments