Jazz on South Beach Hostel

321 Collins Ave, (formerly Atlantica Hotel & Suites), Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States
Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 81% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Jazz on South Beach Hostel

Excellent value

We stayed for two nights in mid-January and had a very satisfactory experience. We were in the King deluxe room right over the lobby facing the front, which I would recommend. It's a little more $ but at this reasonable price, it's worth it to get a larger room and a larger bed. The double-paned windows kept out the street noise but we were also able to open them all the way for fresh air. I agree that there needs to be ventilation fans in the bathrooms, and the water pressure is not great but good enough.

The location is fantastic - we borrowed 2 small aluminum beach chairs from the front desk for free to take to the beach, which is less crowded than beaches to the north. There is a nice park for walking on the southern tip of the island. We went there twice. It's also close to Joe's Crab Shack, so you can walk and bypass their expensive valet parking fee. We also liked Big Pink, mentioned in another review here.

We especially liked Tiger Lily, the hotel cat. His presence made it seem more homey.

Finally, I would say that the best part of the experience was the reasonable price. Everything else is pretty basic - no frills. It's fine if you're going to be spending most of your time away from the room like we did.

Great budget hotel

I just returned from a one-night stay in South Beach. I did a lot of searching beforehand, looking for a reasonably-priced place to stay. Just about everything I read about the Atlantica was good, but it seemed too good for the price. I worried about fake reviews, and about what kind of place would charge such cheap rates in such an expensive area. Well, for what we were looking for, it turned out to be perfect. We wanted a place that was reasonable, clean, in a safe area, and within walking distance of South Beach restaurants and the beach. While this is on the south end of the beach area, it is very close to the beach, and we walked all the way up to Lincoln Rd (admittedly, a good little walk). It's a basic motel-type room, but they have a nice continental breakfast, and outside seating on a patio, and the people were very nice. My only negative comments are that the halls smelled a little smoky and the carpet could stand to be replaced. But, for the budget-minded traveller, I certainly recommend it.

Great Budget Hotel on South Beach !!!!!

If you are looking for a very clean, quiet place to stay on South Beach at a great low price & in a great location, this is the hotel for you! We stayed 2 nights in a standard queen room. The room was on the small side, but again ... super clean!!!! Amenities .... small refrigerator, TV w/cable, A/C, digital clock w/alarm, hairdryer, full ironing board, iron & plenty of hangers in closet. Bathroom looks new/renovated. Staff was very friendly. We got to the hotel quite early (11am), check-in is 3pm, but they got our room ready by 1pm. This is on the quieter end of South Beach, but just one block to the beach, and just a VERY quick walk to several nice clubs and restaurants (Opium/Prive, Shoji Sushi, China Grill, Big Pink ... great breakfast/brunch!!!). This is certainly not a luxury hotel, so don't expect anything fancy, but it's a great find for a lower price hotel, that is clean, quiet & has a great staff. Also, do not come here to party all night in your room w/friends ... as they do not allow guests/parties in rooms after midnight. Would definitely stay here again & recommend to friends.

Amazing deal in South Beach

by TripAdvisor Member cathantric

If you're just looking for a place to sleep betweeen days at the beach, you cannot do better than Hotel Atlantica. Thanks to the reviews on this site, I booked our long weekend here (2/4 - 2/7) and we weren't disappointed. Amazing rates, great location (if you don't mind being on the southern end of SOBE), very clean and they have a very friendly staff. The only things I didn't like were: no ventilation in the bathroom and the walls can be a little thin. (Or I had very loud neighbors one morning.) Don't expect a luxury hotel, that's not what they're trying to be. But if you're looking for a CLEAN hotel in SOBE 2 blocks away from the beach for less than $100 a night, Hotel Atlantica is a pretty good bet.

bargain deal

by TripAdvisor Member uncledoey

for the money, which is under $100 for a king-sized bedroom, this place is great...clean, nicely updated room with 25-inch tv and a great upgraded shower with stone-type tile from top to bottom.....this was a real surprise given this price range...
place is run by a couple from switizerland who were around doing work...looks like the whole place has been spiffed up with new carpeting and such in the last couple of yrs.
downsides (not that bad): the parking is fairly cheap at $10 but is quite an adventure in that you have to park a couple of good blocks away and -- here's the tricky part -- rely on a electronic transponder that you have to put $100 deposit on to get you thru the gate...it's a public garage with almost no live people to help you., so good luck...
also, neighborhood isn't the greatest because it's two blocks from where the real collins ave. action begins, at fifth...but, really, for the money, this is a great economy layover.

Great hotel for the price

Spent two nights here in early February 05. This hotel reminds me of a pension in Europe. Rooms are very clean and the service at the front desk couldn't have been better. It is just 2 blocks from the South Beach scene.
I would highly recommend it if you are interested in a good value hotel that is well run.

simple, affordable and clean

by TripAdvisor Member emmajayne20

after searching for a inexpensive hotel on south beach we found the atlantica on trip advisor and couldn't have been more impressed with the value for money. after a long flight from the uk we arrived at the atlantica, were quickly checked in and found a clean and although simple, extremely well equiped room waiting for us. we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will stay here again on our next trip to miami - hopefully in the very near future!

Great budget hotel

This is the place to go if you're on a budget. We stayed from Feb. 12 to 15th and paid about 99(weekday) to 109(weekend) a night. We were also able to get 10% AAA discount. The good things about the place are the price, the friendly staff, quietness of the area, and being 2 blocks away from the beach. We spent alot of time going to Lincoln Road, which is about 15 block walk, but discovered a .25 cent shuttle bus that took us back and forth. But the walk is nice too since there are many shops to see along the way. The bad things were that I found the carpet at the hotel to be a little dirty looking. There is no free parking in south beach so you have to pay the hotel the $10 fee for their parking service, which was my biggest complaint.

perfect pre-cruise hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kikoluv

Stayed at the Atlantica for one night in January 2005 before going on a cruise the next morning. It was just perfect for the occasion. Many of the other pricier hotels on South Beach have minimum stays on the weekend (we stayed only a Friday night) and cost double. For under $100 a night, we had a large, clean room on the second floor overlooking Collins Avenue. Room was nicely appointed with nice furniture, refrigerator, clean tile bathroom with hot shower. Nice continental breakfast in the lobby in the morning was just fine. Desk clerks were all very friendly, and stored our luggage until it was time to go to the port. While the accomodations here are not luxurious by any means, they more than suited our purpose for a short stay. Anyone who is looking to stay a night or two before or after a cruise would be wise in checking out the Atlantica. It is only 10 minutes from the port, and close to all of the action on South Beach at a very reasonable price. But book early. We booked 3 months in advance and they were almost all sold out.

Very Pleasant !!

by TripAdvisor Member Quesadillas

Hi,

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights quite recently, just 2 weeks ago.

At first I was reluctant to book with this hotel, I thought the reviews on this site may have been "fake" or "rigged" ...... such a clean, inexpensive hotel in an expensive area! But I went ahead with my reservation and I did not regret it one bit. The hotel deserves all its glowing reports/reviews; to be sure it is not splashy or ritzy, but it is very clean throughout, service is great, staff is nice, continental breakfast was filling (lots of coffee/tea, buns, bagels, cereal, toast, OJ, etc...). The stay there was very pleasant.

My room was spacious, I had a double/queen bed; A/C was adjustable to one's liking and that was great, too. Bathroom was nice and big, with "walk-in" tiled shower. Fridge in the room was a very good touch, it was good to come back to the hotel to a cool drink at the end of a hot day !!

I know I am just repeating alot of what others have said previously here. But what they say is true.

Also, I would like to stress that the hotel is in a very good, quiet, safe area!!
Only 1 1/2 short blocks to the beach....and only one quick block or so from 5th Ave where the action starts: shops, bars, restaurants, busses, etc. Perfect!

Would I stay here again?? Yes!! You betcha! For under $90 per nite, it is well worth it. One last note: there is no swimming pool on the premises....that for myself was no problem, the beach is only a stone's throw away!

On top of that, Miami Beach was a nice reprieve to get away to, ..... from all this cold and snow in Toronto!

Excellent guardExcellent guard

South Florida Arts CenterSouth Florida Arts Center

Mango's dancersMango's dancers

loving those palm treesloving those palm trees

Any vintage markets or second hand clothing markets or shops?

by suprekirsty

We love to shop and were wondering if there are any good weekend markets round the miami beach area for old clothing or funky stuff??

RE: Any vintage markets or second hand clothing markets or shops?

by 2worldtravelers

During the high season there is usually an "antique Market" on the main drag,
Lincoln Road which is quite nice to stroll, providing the weather stays below
85 degrees F. As Miami Beach is really hippie heaven there must be many stores you will find interesting. Go to Google search and try to get exact locations

Comments