1601 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Road Trip Beaches Travel with Pets
See Amenities
goingsolo's Profile Photo

by written on March 30, 2005

The Loew's is a cheaper alternative to the ultra trendy Delano, Shore Club or even the Astor. This is also a 4 star hotel and its location at 16th and Collins puts you within walking distance to all of the South Beach restaurants and nightlife. The hotel is still expensive, at about $200 per night,

I haven't stayed here, but the friends who have had good things to say about it.

HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Heaven on Earth, South Beach style

by written on September 15, 2004

Wow, I stayed here right after I stayed on Ocean, what a perfect compliment..... in comparison with the full throttle Ocean Drive hotels, which everyone needs to experience, this place is just.... ahhhh.... chill... great architecture, awesome service, great food, 5 stars in my book. Come to Loews, enjoy the beautiful landscaping, have a Mojito while you lay in the breeze at this South Beach palace

Unique Quality: Just look at the photo and relax!

Directions: Turn left onto Collins , look for the nicest landscape on the 16th block

well worth the money

by written on April 25, 2004

the grounds were beautiful, the staff was friendly, the location is great, within walking distance of espinola way, lincoln road and ocean drive. there is a burger king and walgreens nearby for those less expensive moments and essentials. I would highly recommend it. join the loews first club and get the upgrade. the wife and kids were very happy with the place.

Directions: south beach

emilesc's Profile Photo

Fancy but surprisingly casual

by written on July 26, 2003

We stayed in this extremely nice hotel for *Nsync's Challenge for the Children weekend. I don't usually make a point of staying in an expensive hotel - the kind where they already have bathrobes hanging in the closet for guests; Motel 6 does me just fine. But I was sharing and the roomate who booked the room got the Florida resident rate, so the cost went down considerably, so it was worth it.

The "official" event hotel was the Eden Roc 30 blocks away, and ours was far more convenient. Apparently, Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz agreed because they stayed in the even fancier version of the Loews Complex across from us, the St. Moritz.

Beautiful decor - made me wish we had a balcony so I could people watch in a black 50s cocktail dress while holding a martini. I half expected to see Ricky Ricardo walk by at any moment.

I was also impressed that, one night, when we asked for toilet paper which never arrived, the hotel sent up a bottle of wine as an apology. Fancy schmancy. ;-)

Unique Quality: We were in the thick of the club scene, so we didn't have find parking and pay through the nose for it. Also, we had great concierge service and we managed to get comped passes for two clubs and get put on the guest list for another.

The pool area was crowded with rented chairs and cabanas, so it was suggested that we try out the beach. The beach was the greatest perk because each of these Collins Ave. hotels/resorts owns entrances to the beach, so all we needed was our hotel card to gain access to the warmest water on one of the cleanest beaches I've ever had the pleasure to encounter.

Oh - the casual thing. I'm not used to being in a hotel lobby where everyone's wearing bikini and swim trunks and not trying to cover up. It certainly made getting around much easier, though.

Directions: SoBe Art Deco District

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Miami Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Miami Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Miami Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Miami Beach hotel reviews

Wolfsonian
Use Uber or Lyft
Miami is a city..
Warnings and Dangers
Take me out to the Ball Game!
Alligator Wrestling
Relaxing at la Playa
Excellent Restaurant
Restaurants
It's all about people watching
La Sanwicheria
Miami Boat Rentals and Yacht Charters
Miami Beach Resident
South Beach Culinary Tour
miami liberty city
It’s Not That Bad
Warnings and Dangers
Theft is very bad down here
Art Deco Walking Tour
MIAMI FOOD TOURS
Downtown Miami
Things to Do
Best food,drinks and prices!!!!
Smile and Say Cheese on Lincoln Road
Things to Do
911 !!! It's an emergency!
Lincoln road mall
Shopping
Trendy and Gay
Restaurants
Visually appealing, but disappointing.
1220 Restaurant at The Tides