Miami Beach Hotels

Our Members Say

• hostertag profile photo hostertag
  • Reviews: 8
Capri Miami Beach

We stayed at the Capri Maimi Beach Condo Resort on Collins AVe and it was clean, safe and reasonably priced for us because we booked online. Normally, the prices are over $130 per night. The staff were hot and cold. They were friendly and helpful a lot of the time but also somewhat aloof when we inquired about attractions, transportation, etc. and they were not very helpful at all with room concerns and questions.

The pool was very nice, our view was NOT! The condos are very spacious and had a great kitchen with all utensils which was great.

• Related to: Beaches, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written March 13, 2003
Tip Photo

• agarcia profile photo agarcia
  • Reviews: 295

The Biltmore Hotel: The Biltmore

While driving through Coral Gables it’s difficult not to pay attention to the Biltmore Hotel, with its tower that resembles the Giralda of Seville. Apart from that, the hotel it’s a really nice resort, with a wonderful swimming pool surrounded by statues, and a classy atmosphere. I could not write about prices, as I’ve never booked a room there, but I’ve been told by well informed sources that the place is not as expensive as it looks like.

The place is supposed to be haunted by the man who killed Al Capone. I didn’t see the ghost, although I was prepared to take a picture of the guy ;-) Maybe the next time….

• Written December 4, 2002

Biltmore Hotel Tower

• pulgaron profile photo pulgaron
  • Reviews: 200

The Lesie Hotel: More Art Deco Hotels

Facing the OCean and two blocks from Mango's Bar action.

Art Deco, rigth in the middle of the South Beach action.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 9, 2002

The Leslie

• seagoingJLW profile photo seagoingJLW
  • Reviews: 2442
The old Caribbean Hotel in 1955: Beaches and Swimming Pools

All the hotels in Miami Beach have swimming pools. The beachfront hotels offer beachchairs, umbrellas, etc. the gimmick at the old Caribbean Hotel was that it had the only grass beach in the area.

Here I am sitting on the diving board at the Caribbean Hotel in 1955.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 30, 2002

Caribbean Hotel, 1955

• vettebuf profile photo vettebuf
  • Reviews: 15
I recommend staying at either...

I recommend staying at either of these oceanfront resorts: the Edenroc Hotel or the Sheraton Bal Harbour. Both are a treat.
The discounted price is about $150 in the summer. It's more in the winter.

I'll fill this in later. Email me if you need information before I do.

Tip Photo

• vanessadb profile photo vanessadb
  • Reviews: 352

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Biltmore Hotel: The Biltmore Hotel

I stayed at the Biltmore with my husband and baby daughter for a week, right as we were ready to move back to Miami. I have to say that I love the common areas of the Hotel but as a bit disappointed by the rooms. We were first given a double room which was really small, the king size bed taking pretty much 90% of the room. There was barely room for the crib. We requested a bigger room immediately, and as they saw that we were staying one week, upgraded us to a junior suite (for the price of a double!). So, don't hesitate to complain and ask. It sure worked for us. The junior suite was much much better, spacious enough with it living area, separated from the sleeping area by an open shelf.

The pool area is magnificent, as well as their golf course.

Their rates are on the very expensive side. Also you have to pay a daily resort charge, which lets you use their gym, the pool and the golf course, and includes the paper every morning.

More than a hotel, the Biltmore Hotel is part of the history of Miami. It was built in 1925 and survived the economic crash, the world war II (by becoming a hospital), etc.. It is even supposedly haunted by a man that was killed by Al Capone!

If you cannot afford to stay here, I would definitely recommend that you pay a visit to the Biltmore and sip a frozen drink by the magnificent pool.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Golf, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons

Biltmore

• FrequentFly profile photo FrequentFly
  • Reviews: 12

Sheraton Bal Harbor Hotel and...

Sheraton Bal Harbor Hotel and Resort
Nothing is cheap here. Prepare to pay US$10 for a cup of coffee. But again, you'll sit next to some of the most beautiful people in the world.

Immediately across the street from Bal Harbor Shops, the Rodeo Avenue or Worth Avenue of Miami.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive

• hayward68 profile photo hayward68
  • Reviews: 987

I can't offer any specifics...

I can't offer any specifics but can tell you that you'll pay more if your lodging is on Ocean Dr. That's the street along the beach. If you stay one street back you'll only be a block from the beach and probably save a bit of money. Even some of the hostels are only two blocks from the beach.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 25, 2002

• richiecdisc profile photo richiecdisc
  • Reviews: 5929

SoBe Hostel: SoBe Hostel

$13 for dorms/$32 for rooms.

Even the hostel is in the Art Deco district, fits right in and offers dorm and individual rooms.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive