Marriott South Beach

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Marriott South Beach

A Marriott to Avoid

I was a guest at the South Beach Marriott during November 2004. As a frequent Marriott customer, on my fourth visit to this particular hotel, I was quite disappointed this time around. In contrast to previous visits, I found the hotel staff to be rather lethargic about trying to make my stay an enjoyable one. First, I had to wait until after 5 p.m. to get into the type of room I had requested. The front desk person who was assisiting me with this process all afternoon suddenly disappeared and I had to start all over again with someone else. When I did finally get into my room, I found that the air conditioning did not work properly and could not keep the room cool. Repeated complaints did not bring a resolution or even an admission that there was a problem. I finally cut my 5-night stay short by two nights and went to another hotel. I would say that the South Beach Marriott has gone down hill very noticeably during the year and a half since my previous visit.

PERFECT NITE SLEEP

My husband & I spent 7 nites at the South Beach Marriott in December and highly recommend it- In past visits we have stayed at the Loews, Tides & Palms and will only stay at the Marriott in the future. The location is perfect, close to everything. The staff went out of their way to help us in every way. Rooms were a nice size with balconys. Antoher plus to the hotel, a small laundry room across from our room with free detergeant. For Happy Hour definatly have to check out Smith & Wolenskys 2 blocks away to watch the cruise ships go by. Enjoy !

GORGEOUS HOTEL and equally impressive service

by TripAdvisor Member badgersarah

I used to live in Miami (Coconut Grove) and went on a trip for a long weekend with a group of friends. We were planning a weekend of relaxing on the beach and partying late. I had never even been at the Marriot before - it's not a star hot spot like the Delano or Shore Club where you'll run into celebrities, but after our experience, we all agreed we wouldn't go anywhere else again!

Above all, the service "wowed" us every time. The number of times their staff said 'my pleasure' even when we requested a new radio, etc. was impressive, they had very friendly valets that remembered us and greeted us with a hearty 'welcome back' and when we left, asked us if we needed directions anywhere.

The rooms are probably the most spacious on the beach (not like the small matchbox-sized boutique hotels) and the building itself is brand new and very chic. It's very close to Nikki Beach, Opium/Privet, Opa and within a $5 cab ride max to place like Mansion, Mynt, etc. and every other great club on the beach.

The pool area opens right onto the beach and has a beautiful outdoor deck with private cabana-type areas. The restaurant serves great food with good variety, we ordered a bottle of champagne which they had run out of so they upgraded us to a better bottle and gave it to us for free.

Overall, even knowing a lot of the hotels in Miami - I would definently return and recommend the Marriot South Beach for anyone on vacation, work - regardless of if you're looking to relax or looking to party. In Miami where it's easy to get caught up in the scene, this hotel surpassed every expectation we had. It is EASILY the most all-around impressive hotel I've ever had the pleasure of staying in.

Great Place in SOBE

by TripAdvisor Member renae29

I went down to Sobe with my husband for Halloween, we're both young so we wanted to be close to the nightlife. This hotel was prefect. The price was great and I dont think you can beat the location. We were across the street from Prive and the opium garden. 10 minute walking distance to Mansion and a $5 cab ride to Touch at Lincoln road. The great thing about this hotel is that its so close to everything, but not in the middle of everything so you can sleep at night. Its peacefully quiet in the hotel at night, even on the weekends. We stayed in the concierge level and had a great view. We enjoyed the complimentary snacks and sodas all day. We didnt go to the beach but it looked much less crowded than other hotel beaches, like around the Delano area. We have traveled all over the world and stay at top notch hotels (westin excelsior rome, various ritz-carltons, Daneli in venice) and I was very happy at the Mariott sobe.

great setting

Stayed for two nights mid November. Four star hotel right on the beach Ocean Drive. Neo modern hotel with a Art Deco style interior. rooms were a good size with bright furnishing in a tasteful style, small balcony with a partial view of the sea (can pay more for a full sea view) Restaurant, bar and lobby in marble with metal and wood in a yacht/ocean liner style Food and drinks expensive as are the rooms (although we did get a reduced rate) Reading the other reviews it looks like the quality ot hotels in this area can be a bit of a lottry, no matter what price you pay, but this hotel is of a high standard and has no bad rooms. Valet parking only, small swimming pool, garden and sun terraces, very professional staff, all in all a very good quality hotel.

Nice Location

by TripAdvisor Member tedcam

After reading good reviews here at Trip Advisor decided to stay on the concierge level (11th floor). My husband & I stayed Dec. 3rd to 5th before a cruise and loved the location... on the beach & close walking distance to restaurants (we did not rent a car). The room was very nice with an excellent view of the beach from the balcony. Check in & out were easy and we found staff to be very friendly & helpful. Not a single problem during our stay. We liked the outdoor spaces, including the small pool with waterfall. Nice beach. If you stay here and want a unique experience go to Nicky's Bar two properties down. You can walk to it along the path between the hotel and the beach. With back to hotel, facing beach walk to the right. They have beautiful outdoor rooms with beds. Fun!

Wonderful hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member CTNYCTraveler

My boyfriend and I stayed here the Dec 5th-10th. We had a wonderful time. The hotel restaurant has excellent breakfast and lunch meals and the staff is so courteous. The Concierge is a wealth of information, use them to figure where to dine, etc. I suggest Fish Called Avalon, excellent seafood. Joes Stone Crab is also an excellent place to eat.

The salt water pool at the Marriott overlooks the beach. The beach front is beautiful, we took walks every morning. I would highly recommend this hotel. Location is a little off Ocean Drive central, but you only have to walk 5 small blocks to get to where all the action is.

Detailed Review of Best Hotel in South Beach

by TripAdvisor Member Ckthomas00

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon on the way to Key West. We had been to South Beach several times and stayed at lower-end hotels that were less expensive. However, after staying here - we won't be going back to those places.

Honeymoon Package: we recieved straberries and champaign every night of our stay.

Pool / Beach: Although the pool is rather small, it is rarely ever crowded. And the towel service on the beach is great.

Grounds: There was an interesting rainforest area, along with Hammocks and a grassy-lounge area. My favorite part were the little "bungaloos" along the side of hotel. VERY romantic at night.

Location: Better than being in the heart of South Beach because you don't have to put up with people and noise. However, plan on walking several blocks and through some "not-so-nice" areas on your way.

Staff: Friendly and somewhat willing to accomdate, but nothing above average. We did have to wait longer than usual to get lunch at the resteraunt.

Rooms: Nicely sized with great decor, but the best part is the bed. The sheets were SO soft and the bed is not too hard/not too soft.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel! And I can't wait to go back.

Oh dear!!

by TripAdvisor Member barbexpat

We booked an executive room for 3 nights.
The room had damp patches on the ceiling>
No towelling robes.
No shaving mirror.
A tiny executive lounge- and we were expected to pay for "cocktails"
All this for only $400 a night !!!
We will not be back !

Excellent Staff!

by TripAdvisor Member CarolineMaryland

The staff at this location is some of the best in the business - good facilities - pool could be better, but the rooms are nice and clean and well-decorated.

Hard Rock CafeHard Rock Cafe

View from the patioView from the patio

Club CrobarClub Crobar

View from our hotel room at The TidesView from our hotel room at The Tides

joe's and kids

by mkm712

we have 2 girls, 7 1/2 and 4 1/2, and wondering if it would be at all acceptable to take them to joe's stone crab at 5 on a saturday night?

RE: joe's and kids

by GUYON

I had a diner there and there were some children.
First of all, you must make a reservation and have in mind to wait some minutes in the street until they call your name.
The diner or lunch can be fast so the children have not to stay to much.
I ignore if there is a special child diner sized according to their appetite.
In my opinion, you might choose the 5PM hour it is less crowdy and you have not to wait too much.

Comments