Mercury Resort & Spa

100 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data
  • HORRIBLE!! DONT DO IT!

The Mercury doesn't care about their customers and they blamed the internet company I booked with online for my overbooking but I reserved in Nov for a March arrival. I highly suspect that they just gave my reservation away to make more money since there was a big festival in town and rooms went for triple the price.... So after fighting with the hotel and the online company they basically left me to get my own room and didnt help with the cost what so ever... I ended up paying $1000 more just to get a room for the weekend!!! UNSAT!

Stayed March 2012

Directions: Around nothing... stay higher up in South Beach cause this place is not worth it!

• The Mercury South Beach was perfect!

I stayed at the Mercury South Beach for one night and loved it. I was in town on business and pleasure and stayed there because of the low price and proximity to the beach. The room was quiet, spacious, and well-equipped. Full kitchen, comfortable bed, and modern decor pretty much describes it. I will stay there again for sure!

Unique Quality: Historic building decorated with contemporary/modern furnishings. Only one block to beach.

Directions: South Beach, Miami Beach

More about Mercury Resort & Spa

Loved the Mercury...

by TripAdvisor Member freeeda

We recently spent a week at the Mercury Resort and Spa, one of the South Beach Hotel Groups best! The hotel itself is lovely, 44 rooms on three floors. The beach is about a block and a half away, so the view from your room is unimportant. The desk people (especially the manager, Michael) could not have been more friendly and helpful, the rooms were kept clean by a great staff and there are restaurants galore attached to the hotel ranging from terrific breakfast to Nemo, one of the most popular fish restaurants in the area. We had a deluxe suite (very reasonably priced) and so we were able to have our adult son easily share it with us. The bedroom has a kingsize bed, big closet and plenty of drawers and the full living room has a queen-size pull out sofa with it's own closet section, and drawer space and it's own tv (one in the bedroom as well.) There is a full kitchen and dining area, as well, so if you want to eat in, you can.

Large bathroom with jacuzzi tub, well stocked with all kinds of cosmetics and shampoos. Our only criticism is that there is no curtain or door separating the bath from the master bedroom, so you have to be a little careful not to walk in on each other, if someone is sharing the suite with you. Everything in South Beach was in walking distance without the loud and crazy crowds that hover downstairs in many of the other hotel locations. If we had booked one of those, we would have been up until 2 a.m. If you really like quiet, ask the Mercury to locate your room away from the neighboring nightclub. We heard nothing and slept great!

We would definitely go back again...

Fredda Kray, February 20 - February 26, 2005

Not happy!

I stayed at this hotel back in April, and it was absolutely horrible for the price they're charging. First of all, the "free" shuttle to/from the airport never showed up, and the day I was leaving, it was "broken". Secondly, they literally have about 6 pool chairs total, and when I called the front desk for an extra chair, they rudely replied they had none! The shower tub doesn't have a curtain, and the bathroom doesn't have a door, only a curtain separating it from the bedroom. They charge you an $8 daily resort fee and a $2 in-room safe fee even if you don't use it! Total rip-off is what this place is. You're better off staying at the Leows where at least you get what you pay for.

IGNORE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS, I LOVED IT !!!

Okay – maybe for the older crowd, this hotel nor south beach is right for you-it is true that clubs are pumpin from night to daylight they give you vip passes to the hottest clubs. Missy elliot was playing next door – we got vip .. lil kim played down the street, we got vip .. Dennis rodman stayed at our hotel- I me him, fat joe and the terror squad paryted at our club til 4 AM I met him also Trina stays there a lot and was said to have been at opium, the club next door The valet was very helpful and nice, although when the clubs and streets get crowded – expect delays in getting your car. The hotel looked like e-thing was from ikea. We had a mini-bar - beer, liqour, wine, champagne, Im not 21 and no one in the room was either – No questions asked! There is no shower curtain but the water stayed in. There is only a curtain for the b-room door, but who cares, youre in Miami! Room service was okay, the front desk was helpful, the pool is an okay size, no complaints and there were enough chairs there for my friends and a few other people who occupied the hotel. The jacuzzi was nice and the restaraunt BIG PINK that the hotel owns is great. I would say the price (140.00 NIGHT FOR A JR SUITE) was worth it, You feel like royalty when you walk in the same hotel many stars do! I love M-I-A and whenever I return MERCURY BEACH will probably be my number one choice ! !!

Fine by ME

I was very nervous after reading all the horrible reviews about this place. I mean dirty couches, no shower curtains, CD players not working, broken- down shuttles.... I was terrified. So when I arrived I didn’t even bother with the shuttle. I had missed it anyway, for some strange reason the shuttle only operates once every odd hour (stupid) but whatever I took a cab.

My boyfriend and I thought the room was great!! I’ve been to the fancy smancy hotels and I’ve been to roach motels and this was right in the middle. The room was very neat and clean. Yeah there was no shower curtain on the Jacuzzi/shower in the room, but so what? I thought it was convenient that I could dance in the shower and my man could watch while laying in bed. The couch had a few stains on it but who cares? I didn't anticipate eating off it! We were grateful for the CD/cassette player. The door on the cassette player didn’t close but who uses tapes anymore anyway?!

The bed was huge and comfortable. The noise from the club did bump all night, but it didn't bother me. By the time I reached my room I was so tired from partying didn’t even hear it.

The pool and hot tub were clean and offered plenty of room for myself and others.

The hotel staff were super friendly. They were very helpful and always had a smile. The $10/day service charges are ridiculous but everything is ridiculous in MIA.

I write all this to say. People should really stop complaining and exaggerating and enjoy the stay. Its Miami, all the hotels are just regular rooms, to serve one... maybe two purposes- sleep and…. you know :)
I've stayed at other hotels in Miami and this was the best so far. I would definitely stay there again.

Great Hotel if you can get a decent rate

by TripAdvisor Member Anon.London

Just come back from staying at The Mercury Hotel. We booked through the hotel's website and ended up paying $90 for two nights (special $15 on Tuesdays). The first room (junior suite) was a little small although average size for the area. As the safe was broken we moved to a larger room the next day which was large, airy and bright. Very modern in design with great restaurants close by. The staff were friendly (even though lots of the reviews says otherwise). I would recommend this hotel any day.

Very nice hotel, don,t be put off by adverse comments give it a try!!!

by TripAdvisor Member explorer50uk

We stayed at the Mercury 21st Nov for 1 night, four female family members in one room which worked out great, there is a huge bedroom and an additional sofa bed in the loung/kitchen area, 2 tvs and a great jacuzzi tub and separate shower and wc. very well equipped, the first room they gave us was pretty small but, after talking with the desk clerk and the manager, who were both extremely helpful, they gave us a big corner room for an extra $50, well worth it!! The pool is small but not at all dirty and the hot tub is nice,, overall for the price we paid from hotels.com for this hotel we were more than happy and would return there again. We have stayed at quite a few hotels in Miami and rate this as one of the nicest.

Plenty of flash, no substance

This place looks great on line, but left much to be desired in real life. The first room we were in was miserable - the pull out sofa was completely unuseable. Half the lights and the stereo did not work. The room reeked of bleach. And it was on the street side, and the restaurants downstairs go long and loud until 5:00 am. They moved us after one night. This room was better, but only by a little. The toilet did not work right, and I had to stick my hand in the tank to get it to fill for the next flush. The floor was never washed for the week we were there, proven by the dirt our socks accumulated. The voicemail system did not work right - I had messages but was never able to retrieve them. Finally, the service was miserable. The one time we called for room service, it wasn't available for that night, and no explanation was given. Nothing was ever repaired, including the toilet. And several messages left for the manager were never returned. When we finally spoke with him, he said he never got any of the messages. Stay away at all costs.

If You Want to Sleep, This is NOT the Place

by TripAdvisor Member leverhart

This would not have been a bad stay but for the din. The music started at 10:00 PM; in fact the base practically bounced me out of bed. It felt like the band was right next door. This continued until 4:30 AM, only to be replaced by loud arguments that lasted another hour. I would not have stayed there another night. BEWARE!

A Gem

I love the place! My husband and I spent 6 nights in a Jr. suite and are glad we ignored negative reviews. The contemporary Italian style is warm, clean and restful, and the bed was TEMPUR-PEDIC (the Swedish memory foam) with Belgium linen sheets, and had two down pillows plus two fiberfill pillows. The amenities were nice--Gilchrist & Soames.
It had a kitchenette--refrig, microwave, toaster, coffee pot (but bring you own coffee), a blender, flatware, dishes, glasses. Good for breakfast, and light meals, but not for cooking. I think some larger suites do have full kitchens. Also had iron, ironing board, and hair dryer that was stronger than the usual wimpy hotel dryer.
There is a coin operated washer and dryer near ice machine.

The room also had 2 TVs, stereo CD player, a FAX, 2 line phone, high speed Internet access for a fee, and a safe.

Location is in a quiet residential neighborhood, 5 blocks from the beginning of the stretch of blocks jammed with crowded and noisy hotels and restaurants along So Beach. At the Mercury, however, there are three upscale and two moderately priced restaurants within a block, which contribute to an attractive streetscape. Most, or all, deliver and have exceptionally good food.

The beach, only about block away, and is not crowded at this end. The busy part of the beach is a short walk along the beach.

Pool is small, with very little deck space and only 7 not especially comfortable lounges. This time of year (March) one side is in sun the other in shade, but I expect in the summer it is in full sun. I was there part of every day and was often the only one there. Most people prefer a beach to a pool!

To respond to negative reviews:
Our safe worked, but I had to swipe the card multiple time each time I opened or closed it. The floor was washed, but maybe not every day. Do you mop your floors at home every day?
It could have used a full lenght mirror.
There was a curtain, not a door, between the bedroom and the part of bathroom that contained Jacuzzi/shower and one of the sinks, but we didn't see that as a problem. The toilet could be closed off by pocket (sliding) doors, as could the section with the second sink. The toilet was designed to be low flush and purposely used little water to flush. There was no shower curtain because it was designed not to need one. Does anyone really like shower curtains, which are mold incubators and tend to cling?
The sofa was comfortable to sit on, but we didn't try it as a bed, so I can't speak to that. Is there such a thing as a comfortable sofa bed?
There is a $8 resort fee and a $2 safe fee per room per day. Parking is $20/day with unlimited in and out.

Our room was quiet, except for the kids on spring break across the hall, but I don't doubt that in some of the rooms above restaurant, one can hear music. The restaurants in the hotel building were upscale, not rowdy bars. The street has much less traffic at this far south end, so street noise wasn't a problem.
I would stay here again and would definitely suggest it to friends. I love the ambiance and location of The Mercury

Comments