Miami Beach Resort & Spa

4833 Collins Avenue, (formerly Wyndham), Miami Beach, Florida, 33140, United States

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Stolen Items

I had several expensive electronic items stolen from my room. The only thing offered was to change rooms. The security was nice but not very helpful -- it was basically, "sorry this happened but we can't do anything." They refused giving me a copy of their report for my insurance company. Also, when you came out to pick up your auto from the valet, they never asked for any ID or your ticket. I could have easily driven away with an expensive car. I mean the place isn't all that bad, just lax security, so please be careful!

Unique Quality: Nice pool

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Wyndham Resort

I stayed in this one when I was in on a nice 4th of July break. Excellent service with a smile.

Unique Quality: This ones up aways from the heartbeat of South Beach, the Art Deco district, so if you're a die hard clubber who likes walking to all of the spots, this ones too far up the beach. But if you really want to relax with great service and very comfortable bedding, this ones for you.

Directions: 48th block of Collins

More about Miami Beach Resort & Spa

LOVED THE WYNDHAM MIAMI BEACH HOTEL

Just got back from my 4th year at this fabulous hotel. Staff is wonderful.. rooms are beautiful and clean......NO complaints AT ALL>>> HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL....... A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!

Not a 4 star, but best 3 star ever!

I think some of the negative reviews of this hotel might have stemmed from the fact that some companies have it listed as a 4-star property, when in fact Wyndham itself will tell you it is a 3-star property. For example, we booked through American Airlines Vacations who told us this was a 4-star hotel which is incorrect. Apparently not all Wyndham properties are 4-star. If you go to the Wyndham Miami Beach expecting a very luxurious property with modern decor, such as say the Wyndham off Michigan Avenue in Chicago (where I also stay), then you might be disappointed.

Having said that however, we did have an excellent stay. This was definitely the best 3-star hotel we have ever stayed at, and normally I only stay at 4 or 5 star hotels because I get very limited vacation time from work and I want to limit any possible variables that could make my vacation a bad one. It was because of American Airlines mix up with the rating that we ended up staying at this hotel at all, but our stay was excellent.

Yes, the rooms are dated, but they are kept spotlessly clean and were cleaned daily and checked again by housekeeping in the evening. I was surprised by the negative comments about the gym. Compared to even 5 star hotels, the gym was a shining star. I am an avid gym-goer and used it every day. It was always kept clean, and it was pretty spacious for a hotel gym. It is on 2 levels, with the cardio equipment upstairs and weights downstairs. They also have multiple televisions, water coolers and a fridge with chilled towels that was a very nice touch!

The food at the hotel was more than decent...especially the food at the poolside restaurant. Another nice touch was that we were not obligated to pay an arm and a leg to have breakfast every day...there is a small coffee shop in the hotel called "Poquito to Go" that was open from 7-10:30am where we could get tea, coffee, juices, little sandwiches, muffins, etc. If we wanted tea or coffee during the day, we walked down to the Eden Roc lobby a couple of blocks down which has Starbucks drinks in the lobby bar.

As far as the location, the hotel is located on Collins Avenue at 48th street. South Beach starts at around 23rd street. (Being New Yorkers, we are used to walking, so we walked to South Beach every day which was about 2 miles each way.) The boardwalk starts a few yards down from the hotel on the beach at around 46th or 47th street. We pretty much had to go to South Beach to get supplies like water, snacks, etc. There are no stores within walking distance of the hotel. (I would recommend that you bring whatever you think you will need for the first day such as water, snacks, juice and then put it in the room fridge.) However, you can also take the public bus which stops right outside the hotel. It costs $1.25 or $1.50 if you want to transfer. (You do not have to transfer to get to South Beach.) The front desk staff was very helpful and even told us how to get to Little Havana by public bus. Of course, taxis are also plentiful and always waiting outside the hotel.

The beach was really excellent...white sand, calm swimming surf with some waves. We were glad we stayed in Miami Beach and not South Beach because it was much cleaner and quieter. We much preferred it.

Also, make sure you go online and join the Wyndham by Request Club. We got free local AND long distance calls from our hotel room and some nice welcome drinks and snacks.

I really have nothing negative to say about this hotel. I am picky about cleanliness and it was very clean. The staff was busy but pleasant and helpful. The location is not "in the middle of it all" like you would be in South Beach, but we preferred it that way, and we didn't have a car and never took cabs except to the airport. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

Good if you can get a deal

by TripAdvisor Member kingsmc

Stayed at the Wyndham for our one year anniversary. The hotel itself is very nice, but the service is horrible.

Upon arriving at the hotel, our room wasn't ready @ check-in time but were told it would be ready in an hour. We walked around the beach and hung out at the pool for an hour, but the room was still not ready.
After waiting two hours after check-in time, the room was ready.

In addition, the attitudes of the employees were horrible. The impression we received from the employees was that we were a nuisance b/c we kept asking when our hotel room was going to be ready. Also, our baggage did not make our flight so we had to check in again with the desk in order to get our suitcases. I was told by two employees (who handled baggage) "I'm too busy, talk to someone else."

Fortunately everything worked out. The room was nice, but the walls were a bit thin.

I only suggest staying at they Wyndham if you can get a deal.
Fortunately we bought a stay two nights, get the third night free offer. Otherwise, i would not pay the $150-160/night rate.

Fawlty Towers resort

by TripAdvisor Member daltonb

This hotel I believe is the re incarnation of Fawlty Towers. Hospitality is not their strong point.We were issued with breakfast coupons. You should have seen the waiters faces when they spotted this! On the second morning we got a lecture from one of them about the fact that NO Gratuity was included on the coupon. That really ****** me off! Give me service first! As a resort it is below average. Once you have visited places such as Thailand and Bali, there is no comparison with this "excuse" for a resort. An empty bar fridge was placed in our room the first night. They promised to sort it out. The next day a full, locked bar fridge with a nifty little window was added to our suite. We requested that we get the key to unlock it. No they told us there are NO keys to the bar fridges. ( Why bother putting them in your room then?). No key was forthcoming for 4 days.The location is also a problem. Getting anywhere is either a very long walk or an expensive taxi ride.The cherry on the top was our last day when one of the porters said: "where do you think I am going to put all this luggage"? ( We had asked them to store it from checkout time, 11.00 am to 13h00 that day.) Overheard from an American woman was: Did you see that mans' face? Its the longest face I have ever seen.Luckily this bad experience of "American" service was made up by Royal Carribean - Superb!Get your entire staff on a trip so that they can find out what service is really about!

Wyndham should do better.

My husband attended a large event for which the Wyndham served as the "overflow" hotel. This hotel is badly in need of renovation (especially the rooms). It has some wonderful old floors and elevators that are easily overlooked b/c the hotel is not in tip top shape and the decor is dated. Our experience with room service was great. Food was just OK for the price, but the staff was the best we incountered during our stay. Valet service is worth mentioning if only because it is the worst I have ever encountered. Twice we called down from our room to have the car ready and twice we went downstairs only to have to ask them to bring the car around and wait about 10 minutes. Pool area is large and functional, could be spruced up a bit & stretch of beach is quiet, clean and nice. I wouldn't consider this a resort since there is really not much focus on service or ammenities. I expected a whole lot more from a Wydham property.

HATED IT!!!

This was one of the worst experiences I have had at a hotel. The service was painfully bad and you had to pay for the room immediately upon making a reservation. I am a Wyndham member and expected to have a couple of waters and a small snack when I checked in. Instead I checked into a smelly, dirty room with waters in the mini bar that you pay $4 for. I went to the desk to inquire about my waters and was told that I was not a member as well as given a large attitude. C'mon - this is a free membership, why would I lie???? Especially when you can sign up AT the hotel! Come to find out, they had my name spelled wrong (and trust me, it's not a difficult name) so I was assured that everything was settled and I would receive a delivery to my room. Needless to say, it never happened. Upon checking out, I was honest about my dissatisfaction and asked if they could "comp" a 2 waters off my bill and was told no, they would TRY to make it up during my next stay. I politely reminded them there would not be another stay with this lack of service. The man shrugged and walked away. Trust me, there are BEAUTIFUL hotels that are much nicer, better service and for the same price much closer to South Beach. Save your hard earned money and give it to a hotel that will treat you right!!

If The Price is Right...DO IT!

I recieved an awesome deal on priceling that included hotel and airfare for $389 for 3 night 4 days. At the price how could I give this hotel a bad rap. The rooms are nice,you either have a partical ocean view or full city view or visa versa. The 2 Resturants in the hotel do a nice job to make you feel first class but you pay the price literally. Lobby has a nice reniassance welcome touch to it. The pool is nice but nothing special. The beach was beautiful. If You Are Looking For a Resort type Atmosphere with music playing , acivities going on- You will not find it here, if you are looking for a laid back relaxing hotel and the price is right this is a great hotel.

Not Big Fans

The decor is awful and everything looks old and shabby. We arrived late because of a flight delay and gave us a room with a full size bed with no chance to change until morning. Although they changed us to a better room everyone we spoke to in the elevator had experienced a similar problem. We survived, but we would definitely not go back.

Any advice on Wyndham or 4th July?

by nicros

Any advice on Wyndham Miami Beach Resort ? I will be staying there for 12 nights, is it a good hotel? Is the pool nice, I'm not a big sea person.

Also I will be in Miami Beach for July 4th. Can anyone tell me what usually goes on? and firework displays I could go to?

Re: Any advice on Wyndham or 4th July?

by Dumpymotel

The Wyndham is very nice and a good deal. It is on a nice stretch of Miami Beach only a few properties down from the Fontainbleau. I have pictures of my room and the hotel on my MIAMI BEACH TRAVEL TIPS

The Wyndham has a beautiful lobby and my room was very clean and recently renovated..... I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Good Luck