3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Resort - Condo complex on Beach

This hotel was being renovated when we were there Thanksgiving 2008. Most of the remodeling started in the afternoon around 1pm so it did not bother us much. Maintenance staff was very slow. We had a problem with the remote not working and we had to call 4 times before someone would come. Other than that the maid, bartender, wait staff, salon, service was attentive. The concierge and busboy were quite helpful as well. There was also a problem with their ventilation filtering smoke from other rooms into ours. Hopefully after renovation it would have been fixed.

There are not a lot of attractions in the immediate area of the hotel. The closest is Aventura Mall which was decorated nicely for the holidays. There are 6 local buses that stop in front of the hotel. It takes an hour to go to the border of south beach. It is best to take a tour from the hotel or rent a car to go down there.

This area is very safe and you can wander around at night by yourself.

Unique Quality: Hotel is directly on the beach so most rooms have ocean view. 3 pools and hot tub on the outside. There are two restaurants on the inside of the hotel, 2 bars inside and one bar on the outside. The food is good but expensive and they charge a 9% tax. There is a gym and spa downstairs. There are many rooms where they rent out for special events and we saw at least 5 weddings on the beach. There is an activities director on the premises who organizes various games. You might as well participate since your charged for it. They have people to teach you several water sports.

Across the street from the hotel are 6 strip malls. They mainly sell food and some of the restaurants have live entertainment. These restaurants are excellent in food and service. There are spas across the street that are cheap but I was sore when they massaged me. I prefer the hotel better.

Directions: North Miami Beach

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

Nice hotel in Sunny Isles

Its a few years ago when we've stayed in this hotel. But the memory stays; it was a fine hotel with palm trees on the beach and a fishing pier. The rooms were nice with balconies. You can't walk from this hotel to Ocean Drive, its to far. So take a cab or take your car if you want to go to Ocean Drive

Unique Quality: Nice hotel, fishing pier, comfortable rooms with a balcony.

Directions: Sunny Isles, fishing pier.

More about Newport Beachside Resort

well worth the money

My friends and I recently stayed at the Newport Beachside resort for 5 nights. Our room itself did not have a ocean view which was a downside but was spacious and accomadating. However, the couches, beds, windows looked a little worn out and could have used some cleaning. The staff was very pleasant and maid service provided us with things whenever needed. The best part of this hotel would have to be the beach which is beautiful with clear sparkling water and the complimentary breakfast buffet. The hotel happens to be about 30 mins away from south beach which is a tiresome ride on the bus that stops every few seconds making the trip much longer than a half hour. Also there was not a lot of things to do for young adults because there was only one small bar across the street. All in all i would definitely recomend this hotel for rest and relaxation because the beach and pool are beautiful but think twice if you are looking for a wild time.

Great hotel and staff

My wife and I recently stayed at the Newport Beachside hotel. It is a great hotel and has what we consider a phenomenal staff team. We have been very fortunate to have done alot of travelling around the world and thus consider ourselves knowledgeable on the subject. We are not very picky, but do require above average service when we do travel. This hotel trully is great for the price and the staff is a good example of great hospitable service.

above average for the price!

by TripAdvisor Member bevisbf

We stayed at the Newport last week and had a very good experience. After reading some of the reviews I was a little concerned but we went any way and found the place rather nice. It was clean. The staff was friendly and the room was spacious. The beach was clean and the water beautiful. The pier was nice to stroll and look down on the fish. There was cigarette odor in the halls which I can't stand but my room was fresh smelling. My kids had a blast in the pool area on this big blow up slide they have there. All in all it was great for our family but I probably would not stay there if it was just my wife and I. It is more of a family place.

A good time

We just returned from an 8 night stay at this hotel and had a pleasant experience. The hotel itself is just OK, the staff OK, and the rooms OK. But for the price, it's a good bargain. The beach is terrific though. We stayed away from the pool area as the water didn't look very clear and it was packed with kids.

The hotel restaurants are also just OK, but the prices are very reasonable. There are many restaurants around that are better, even some you can walk to. Parking across the street was also no big deal.

The only real problem I saw was the elevators. They have only 3 and they were usually very crowded. We often had to let an elevator go by since it would already be full. But overall for the money this is a good hotel and good location.

WORST PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED

This was an absolute night mare from the start. I reserved a room through Premier Vacation Rentals (BIG MISTAKE). She charged me $145.00 for a room that they should of payed me to stay in. I didn't realize the price until I got back and looked on the internet and found rooms for $85.00. She gave me the wrong name of the resort so I couldn't look it up until I got back with the correct name but by then it was too late. When we first arrived there they did not have us in the computer so they had to get a manager to find it, he finally found it and they gave us a room. I payed for a 1 bedroom suite what they gave me was a 1 room with one bed (We had 5 people in our party) I told them no way then they give me a room that was so dirty with stains all over the couch with cigarette burns and I once again said no way they finally gave us a room which was a little better but by far not clean. I was afraid to use the bathroom it was so dirty. They even had mold on the shower curtain. We were lucky to get 2 washclothes a day (we stayed there 3 days too many). The people were very rude. The pool looked brown and there was always a ton of people in it. The only thing I enjoyed about this whole place was the pier and the beach. I don't know what pictures they have on the internet but it sure wasn't of this place. I would definitly not recommend this place to anyone. I was very disappointed. I brought my kids there thinking we were going to stay in this nice resort but instead was very embarressed. I would not ever stay at this resort again.

Lots of family fun in a beautiful place and affordable

My husband and I arrived with 5 kids ranging from age 11 to 17. Doing alot of research I wanted this trip to be awesome for all of us plus affordable. It was both. This place has the best atmosphere, as soon as you walk in you're happy to be there. The pool and beach area were perfect. Very well managed. The room accomodations were very nice. Service was very good and friendly. The food was good. Although we had plans to do other things while in Miami we could've easily just stayed at this resort the whole trip and had a great time! I highly reccommend this place to anyone traveling with kids. Very family oriented.

Steer Clear! Reservations not kept!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member wwwayno

I traveled 3400 miles on the airplane and then they turned us away... after taking a full price reservation for over two months.

We spent the first day of our Caribbean vacation at a dump because they "couldn't honor our reservation".

They OVERBOOK and the honor only time-share guests. Then they take your money and put you up in a lesser motel off the beach at your inconvenience.

Wanna feel second class? GO here.

Worst place to do business I've ever stayed. And now I'm getting the hassle of the year getting it resolved. The hotel blames Travelocity and Travelocity blames the hotel...

RUN, Don't walk!!!!!!

Absolutley Positivly Horrible!

It was absolutly horrible from the moment we arrived. My new husband and I went to Newport for our honeymoon. Staff were rude and unhelpful. Our room which we had to wait 3 hours for was gross. We asked for a king bed and got a double and thier definition of a jaccuzi is a dirty bathtub with jets. Room service walked in on us without knocking and did not appologize. We received provocative and disrupting phone calls the entire two days of our stay until we transfered motels because the staff was very rude and didn't even apologize for all of our troubles. Also, the pool was dirty and always full and the beach chairs and umbrella's were never available. Our honeymoon was ruined because of this sorry excuse for a resort.

by floridavisator

I am visiting Florida in March and was going to stay in the Newport Beachside Resort, but have been advised by my travel agent to change hotels as there is building work beside the hotel which might spoil our enjoyment.
Has anyone been to the Newport Beachside Resort recently, and can give me information? Can you tell me the name of another hotel that is good.

Re: Newport Beachside Resort

by RichBeau

I don't know where you want to be but this is Sunny Isles which is quite a ways north of South Beach. Very near Bal Harbor and Haulover Beach; definitely a taxi ride to South Beach. Anything going on will require transportation and with all the traffic it's not too pleasant walking along Collins in this area. Also there's a lot of construction going on above Bal Harbor. Though you can always visit the Trump which is really close.

As far as the hotel is concerned I only know of it from comments I have heard and have never been in the place -- which is very mixed. It seems that there's a lot of family's that stay there. So expect a lot of kids. From the outside, it has that old 50s-60s, some would say cheesy, Caribbean feel.

So what are you looking for? Just a beach? Entertainment?

--Rich Beaubien
Discovering South Beach Deco
www.domanipress.com

Re: Newport Beachside Resort

by NormaMacLeod

I almost booked there but saw some very negative comments on some websites (search travelocity.com). It is "very North" and taxi fare to South Beach or Ocean Drive area runs about $40 plus. I drove past and was glad I didn't stay there...it is closer to Aventura Mall though...great shopping. I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton on Collins Avenue. Very nice hotel neighbourhood with beautiful beach, pool and boardwalk. Close to Fountainbleau (where BODYGUARD was filmed, and a lot of history) but without the big price tag. I asked for a room upgrade at the Sheraton, and they gave me a newly renovated room with balcony and Oceanview for no additional charge. I was very pleased.

Comments