436 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Cute Art Deco, Reasonably Priced for South Beach

The Ocean Five was conveniently located. We were one block away from the beach, 5 blocks from Niki Beach, 4 blocks from Big Pink. Cab prices were reasonable, $5 - $15, to get to just about everywhere we wanted to go in South beach.

The rooms were a bit small. We stayed 4 girls to a room and were definitely cozy. The rooms had a lot of built in wooden drawers which helped a bit with stowing things away.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Nice stay with no complaints

I had a great stay at this place back in 2003. The guys at the desk were nice enough to hook me and my buddy up with two girls staying on the floor above us, and, even more they gave us VIP passes to a couple clubs, and the passes actually worked!

Unique Quality: On the quieter end of Ocean, there is a TGIF's across the street for affordable lunch as well.

More about Ocean Five Hotel

perfectly located hotel

by TripAdvisor Member burnabypete

The Ocean Five was a great little hotel located perfectly on Ocean Dr. It's close to where the action is but not close enough where you can't get a good nite's sleep. There is construction next door but if you're up early, it shouldn't matter. It's also steps away from the beach. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was decent although the bed frame was a bit rickety. Good aircon. Never had any problems with room being made and always had new towels. Price was affordable. Many shops just a block away. Would stay here again.

Horrible Front Desk: Thief & a Cheat

The rooms are clean & newly renovated. The cleaning staff was friendly and efficient except the room was only clean sometimes as late as 3pm. There are absolutely no amenities to this hotel, you can't even get hot water for tea. The rooms are extremely small and this is not a 3 star more like a 2.5 star establishment. The customer service was utterly horrendous, the front desk charged us for a mini-bar we did not use. I would not stay here again...

good hotel for the money

We stayed her in late April 2005-early May and had nothing but a pleasant experience. The rooms are pretty small, we had 2 full size beds which accomodated 3 girls easily. If you are going to SOBE and don't intend on spending alot of time in your room, this hotel is perfect. The towels and sheets were clean and we never had a problem getting extra. There's also a great deli that has delicious sandwiches. Also this hotel is within walking distance of everything and is very quite at night and the staff was pretty friendly. Would stay again.

Great Location

I did alot of research on trying to find the cheapest hotel in South Beach that was decent and cheap, and this hotel had the least number of bad reviews. I really enjoyed this cute little hotel. The rooms were small, yet comfy and clean. The location is perfect because eveything is in walking distance: beach, cafe's, clubs, and bars. The front desk was really helpful in answering all our questions on where the hot spots were. They also have internet access in the lobby. The continental breakfast is basically bagels, crossants and oj (Free so can't complain). Overall, this hotel is excellent for the price and great location. I would definitely stay here again.

Mediocre

by TripAdvisor Member briboy64

I had stayed at this hotel, almost four years ago upon my first visit to the Miami area. I really liked the hotel alot- THEN.

When I went back to the hotel this year, things seemed the same except one morning I left about 4 dollars in quarters- on my bed, to be used for laundry up the street, when I came back from a short walk on the beach. The maid was already cleaning my room(she normally came much later in the afternoon), and I noticed my quarters were gone! I asked her in Spanish where the quarters were, and she said she didn't know. I called the front desk to complain but they were subjective in their response, and claimed their maids are honest("yeah, right"), and perhaps I "misplaced" the quarters somewhere else in the room.

That night, the room next door had 3 or 4 noisy girls staying in the room, and they were screaming and laughing practically all night long. Twice, I called the front desk complaining about the loud noise. The front desk was very helpful about this and called the room. I would have preferred it if he went to the room directly, but at least he made an effort to call the room and speak the someone. The hotel itself is a cute hotel with marble flooring and fairly quiet rooms(except for one of the nights that I stayed). I really don't think I will stay at this hotel next time, however. Better to spend a little more money and stay in a hotel where you can enjoy your sleep time.

Will not stay again.

by TripAdvisor Member axeljespersen

I just had a 5 night stay with my girlfriend and found this hotel a little below average.
Location: great spot, right on the beach and on Ocean Dr. Perfect if you arrive without a car.
20 bucks valet parking or a ton of quarters on the meters. Had a hassle refilling and finding parking everyday.
Rooms: Claustrophobic small rooms, with rock hard mattresses, kept finding long black hairs in my bed??? from the maid.
Over all clean with super bad window,covered with white painting facing another building.
Breakfast: A joke
Staff: Probably a Pakistani or Middle East run hotel, Ok staff.
Will not stay again.

Good Location, Good Value

Stayed here last August and thought it was great value for what we payed. It wasnt by any means luxurious, but it was clean and located right on the strip and was enough space for 3 girls with a lot of luggage. Not really a place to stay if you plan on being in your room a lot. Front desk was helpful enough and breakfast was very simple, bagels, mini muffins, coffee & OJ.
The only odd thing with our room was that the sink/vanity area was outside the actual bathroom and the lighting in the room wasnt great for getting ready to go out at night.
Overall we had a great stay here and no problems!

Would definitely stay here again!

by TripAdvisor Member cmgallag

Just got back from a 5 night stay in this hotel and would definitely stay here again if we were to return to Miami. Its location is fantastic, within a couple of minutes you are either on the beach or in the midst of really lovely restaurants. A bus service all over the city runs from just aroud the corner as does the local South Beach shuttle which will take you up to the Lincoln Rd Mall for just 25c.

The rooms were fine, very clean with fresh towels every day. Contrary to previous reviews we had no problems with the bed at all. The bathroom was spotless with a great walk-in shower and lots of freebies if you had forgotten anything. The only prob with the room was that the window wouldn't stay open but propping it up with a water bottle soon sorted that out. There is construction work going on next door which can be a bit noisy but definitely not before 9am from what we can remember and besides you don't really go to Miami beach to sit in your hotel room.

Since the deli is being renovated breakfast was served in the reception. Didn't actually eat it but they were serving cereal, juice, coffee and bagels from what we saw and you could either eat it inside or on one of the few tables outside.

The staff on reception were really helpful and spoke both english and spanish fluently, we asked a couple of times about how to get to different places by bus and one of them even rang the bus company to check it for us and they looked after our luggage for us when we checked out and hung around for our night flight.

Ocean FiveOcean Five