4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

1671 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• A bit swanky

The Sagamore is somewhat of a minimalist hotel. White marble floors and columns in the lobby. Interesting artwork is displayed inside and the small lobby bar has crome sawhorses with saddles as seats. The pool is very nice with a very attentive concierge. The property is oceanfront and has private beach access. I believe that all of the rooms are suites. We had a full kitchen and flat screen TV's in both rooms. This hotel is a little pricey but a cool place to stay.

More about Sagamore

Didn't honor wedding night reservation

by TripAdvisor Member bluemiami

My husband and I were married in Miami. When it came time to pick a hotel for our wedding night, we didn't have to think twice. We had been to the Sagamore for drinks and thought it was a beautiful space. We reserved an oceanfront room a month or so in advance. Imagine our surprise when the afternoon of our wedding my husband tried to check in, and was told there was no room. He showed them our reservation confirmation, and explained it was our WEDDING NIGHT. Nothing. He was simply told that a guest had decided to stay an extra day and there was nothing they could do. He couldn't even bring himself to tell me until the reception was winding down and we were about to head out to our hotel. He managed to find us another room, but at the short notice we paid the same rate for a room that wasn't as nice in a hotel that wasn't what we wanted.

Spacious room for families

I stayed at the Sagamore on the first week of August, it's very modern hotel with a bit of an attitude it lacks the ambiance for lingering around.
I expected more.

The rooms were very spacious and had a nice bathroom, I did not like my view though, it faced another building. I had to pay extra to change the room. The halls were very dark and the elevator to the ph suites was not working.

The buffet breakfast was expensive for what it offered and the price was not advertised, the service was just ok.

I don't think I would stay here again!

Artsy, Cool, Comfortable, and Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member hwmd

Probably the most well decorated/designed place we've been to -- the lobby was basically an art gallery that happened to be a hotel lobby, complete with downtempo/ambient music floating in the background.

Our suite also nicely appointed -- designer furniture, huge plush bed, big bathtub. Even a functional kitchen area, with a full-size fridge, range, and cabinets with a bunch of utensils/plates, etc. Yeah, our window looked out at another building next door, oh well. Service wasn't much of an issue, but I guess they did fold rather than replace a towel here and there. I feel kinda' bad because I dragged in a bunch of sand a few times, but they got it cleaned up really well each time.

The pool is wonderful -- gently slopes down, nicely heated (I'm a big pansy when it comes to cold water), wonderful terry-cloth covered lounge chairs at poolside, and back gate goes directly to the beach!

Managed to see a fashion photo shoot happening on site during our stay, also, to give you an idea of what sort of painstaking detail and effort they put into interior & exterior design at this place.

Most of all -- it's right near the Lincoln Rd. shopping district; so if you have folks with you that, for some bizarre reason, hate the beach, they can always go that way instead.

Even if you don't wind up staying here, be sure to visit it -- it's really quite fun to look through the lobby, or at least have a drink at the poolside bar. See if they'll let you take a peek at a room, maybe.

Cool, Clean and Professional - Wild, funky art!

I won't reinterate what has already been said about the eye-catching decor, the fantastic location, and the cleanliness of the Sagamore. It's all true. However, we did have some issues. The lighting in the suite (#402) was terrible. There was no desk light, the only light in the entire bedroom was a nightstand lamp, and the bathroom light was woefully inadequate. All lighting was for atmosphere, not utility. It was impossible to read the paper or apply makeup. Also, the kitchen and bath sink faucets are attractive but due to the high spigot, the water splatters everywhere.

However, given the overall beauty of the hotel those are minor issues. Unlike the previous review, we had no complaints about the staff. While not overly warm, everyone we encountered was professional and helpful. While unpacking the first day, the hotel alarm system went off, directing everyone to exit the hotel using the stairs. We had walked down about 1 flight when a young hotel worker informed us that it was a false alarm. He noticed that my 80-year old mother had difficulty with the stairs and offered us a complimentary mini-bottle of wine for the trouble. That gesture was very much appreciated. Additionaly, housekeeping was prompt and courteous. We called for an extra blanket one evening about midnight and it came in less than 5 minutes. Our beds were turned down every evening, and when we requested additional towels we received them almost immediately.

Upon checkout, we informed the front desk of the issues we had the the room, including a broken closet door and broken drawer. The assistant front office manager, Yaniv Natanov, happened to overhear our conversation and immediately came over and apologized for the probelms. He went further and credited our parking and resort fees. All hotels have problems at one time or another, and the true test of a quality hotel is how the problems are handled by the staff. We could not have been more pleased with the staff and look forward to a return visit.

All Around Classy

I just returned from a one night stay at the Sagamore. We were in Miami for the Orange Bowl and had reservations at the National next door, but because the National was overbooked, we were fortunate enough to be "put up" at the Sagamore by the National.

The facility is beautiful and high end from top to bottom. I felt a bit out of place but had the feeling that it was a lifestyle I could get used to!

My reason for writing this review is to commend the staff, especially Gacon (I know I butchered his name and I apologize) at the front desk. Although we weren't actually paying customers, he treated us as though we were important guests, just like anyone else. There was a slight mistake in our room numbers, and he went out of his way to do what he could to make it right.

Apparently, there is a room that is the smallest room on the property (room 512, if you're curious). It does not have the living area that the other deluxe/superior suites all have. My mom ended up with one of the suites, and my husband and I had room 512. Both were very clean and delightfully appointed, but the suite was much cooler.

Service on the verandah was slow, but I attribute that to the general beach/latin lifestyle. We weren't in a hurry, but we were starving. Also, heed their advice about calling for your car from the valet 20 minutes in advance. Otherwise, you'll stand and wait for it just that long. By the way, the valet rate is $24 overnight.

I most definitely recommend the Sagamore and when we return to Miami Beach, if I can afford it, I will certainly stay there again!

P.S. The Cuban restaurant across the street was TERRIBLE, at least the 3 a.m. shift.

Great Experience!!

by TripAdvisor Member HappytoGo

I stayed at the Sagamore with a large group of girls and we all loved this hotel. It is very artsy and classy and the perfect place to stay while visiting South Beach. The staff was helpful and kind and the room far exceeded our expectations.

The Sagamore is also in a great location. There are restaurants within walking distance and a liquor store right across the street. Very convenient considering the rooms have good sized kitchens. The hotel is also in close proximity to great hot spots--The Shore Club, Mynt, Rokbar, etc.

My only complaint was with the housekeeping staff. They cleaned the rooms at very awkward times and often came in two or three times a day. That wasn’t necessary. It was also virtually impossible to get ice.

Other than that great hotel, great experience!

Nice, but far from perfect

Coming from New York with a baby, we had high expectations for a "luxury" hotel. The staff was friendly overall, but front desk people were a little clueless at times. They tried to overcharge us twice -- once at check in and once at check out (we had to bring documentation of our reservation with the rates). Pool is excellent and access to beach is nice. The hotel is right next to Lincoln Road where plenty of food and shopping can be found.

Not as good as it should be for the price

by TripAdvisor Member TrayDC

We stayed at the Sagamore for a weekend in late March. Unfortunately for us, it was the peak of the Spring Break season so the rates were absurdly high ($690 per night for an ocean view room). We decided to splurge on the hotel room because it was our anniversary. We were pleased to discover at check-in that we had been upgraded to a bungalow instead of the ocean front room we had reserved.

The bungalow was very nice but had a few shortcomings. For example, the magnetic key entry system failed a couple of times--either locking us out of our room altogether or leaving our room unlocked while we were at the pool (even though we double-checked the door to make sure it locked as we exited). The carpeting in the bedroom area had numerous stains and the furniture seemed a bit worn. The towels in the bathroom were a bit grayish instead of bright white. We had one remote control to use for both of the televisions (bedroom upstairs and living area downstairs).

I'm sure it's hard for them to keep up the quality of the room furnishings given the number of college students and young professionals who come to South Beach to party. But at nearly $700 per night everything should be pristine. The rest of the property is beautiful--lobby, pool area, veranda etc. are gorgeous.

We had a fabulous meal at Vic's in the Hotel Victor--pricey but worth it.

We had been to South Beach before but not during Spring Break. Heed the advice of other reviewers: if you are looking to relax then SoBe is not the place for travel during the month of March. Just too many loud, drunk college students to make for an enjoyable stay.

JUST PERFECT! A BOUTIQUE HIP HOTEL THAT LOVES FAMILIES!

by TripAdvisor Member joellebo

We cannot fault this hotel. It was perfect in everyway possible.

We are a family of 4 with two boys aged 10 and 6 years old and used the Sagamore as our first stop hotel after flying into Miami from London.

We arrived at the hotel at around 8pm and were blown away by the interior design of this place.

The girl on the check-in desk was over-whelmingly nice (almost like a new best friend!). As we checked in, she told us everything we should do during our vacation and after 15 minutes of great chat, she gave us the key to our room, saying that we had been upgraded to the Penthouse!

The conceirge took our bags up to the Penthouse and he was so jolly and friendly, and showed us around the suite and made sure we knew how everything worked before leaving us.

Well, the suite was outstanding! Unlike any other hotel room I have ever stayed in (and we have stayed in an awful lot of hip hotels around the world). The suite was huge, with a view that was almost too good to be real. I have to say that this felt more like a home than a hotel suite and the appliances and facilities within were incredible.

We decided to go find somewhere to eat. I hear the Sagamore now has a world famous chef and the food is suppose to be amazing but with jetlag and two boys, it was more than we could face. We ended up walking down Collins and grabbing a quick bite instead.

Everything is in walking distance including Ocean Drive (10 mins walk either by Collins or along the pavement at the back of the beach/hotels). But the wonderful thing about this stunning hotel is that it is such a peaceful sanctuary (none of that 5am party people noise!).

The pool area is tranquil yet kids swam in the pool and everyday a magazine shoot is set up in some part of the hotel which makes people watching so much fun!

The Sagamore is perfect. Gorgeous staff, a stunning location and sophisticated hip and happening clients (Roger Sanchez was there..!). We will most certainly be back next year.

Only things I can suggest is remember your filter coffee as they charge you for it and for the best rates watch their website. If you have kids, just book a room for 2 adults (leave the kids box empty) as they have a glitch in their on-line booking and the hotel told me to do this.

Any hotel suggestion in Miami Beach?

by trotador

I already bought a ticket to flight US next November.

My first stop will be Miami (4/5 nights) and I would like to know any average hotel I can stay. I'll rent a car, where do you recommend to go? if possible in a day trip.

Thanks in advance
T

RE: Any hotel suggestion in Miami Beach?

by clmetal

Collins Avenue is the main strip along with beach with the hotels, near restaurants, clubs, stores, . . . which one you chose I guess depends on how much you want to spend and what your preferences are. but that is probably the area you hope to end up in.

RE: Any hotel suggestion in Miami Beach?

by YVRDave

I have been lucky enough to book The Sagamore Hotel for as low as $139. If that is in your budget check www.thompsonhotels.com If not google South Beach Hotels and find something on Collins or Ocean here http://www.southbeach-usa.com/hotels/south-beach-hotels.htm

Comments