The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort Miami

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort Miami

EXCELLENT

I was at the Alexander 7/7/04-7/14/04
and that was the best place I ever stayed. The staff they have are the nicest people I ever had.
I want to go back there, for every vacation I have for now on. The suite we were giving was just like being home. Thank you Alexander for making my trip to Miami the best trip I ever had.

Two Teenagers, Two Parents, One Suite

On a sold-out week-end, we were booked into a 70's-style suite in decor and overall condition, and though clean and quiet, the room lacked some needed features, including adequate bed space and better views. We requested a change and were shown three additional suites to select from, and were pleased to find a suite with a partitioned alcove, four beds (in addition to roll-out sofa), three tvs, two baths, modern kitchen appliances, decent decor, and a large southern-facing balcony with view of the hotel's pools, the Atlantic, and canal and Miami city to the west (#1111). Very quiet and comfy for our four days in southern Florida; Mom and Dad enjoyed great privacy in large bedroom; excellent attention from all staff, including valets (tipped them $1 each departure); secure, well-maintained building; diverse, international clientele; fun two-pool area 50 yards from ocean; good room service; elegant lobby; two swift elevators. The Alexander resembles a luxury apt. building in the New York mode with individually-owned units managed by hotel corp. so room quality and features vary (Miami Beach is and has been a "suburb" of the City and the interiors of the oceanfront behemoths follow older NY apt. layouts and tastes; I'd estimate 1950's construction and ongoing upkeep and updating of Alexander, as is true for most oceanfront properties there). If you're not satisfied, respectfully request a change when rooms become available and the front desk will accommodate you. If we visit Miami again as a family, the Alexander will be one of our choices as it's located in a quiet district just north of south Beach's frenzy (although the scene up in Hallandale and Hollywood is more mellow with cleaner and prettier beaches) yet close enough to be in the mix in a few minutes of driving, with access to Miami proper via 41st St. and connectors to I-195/95, et al.

Hints: for best rooms (at a higher price, of course) ask for Ocean Premium or Bay Premium as these are all mod and sumptious. For eats, try PASHA's and LITTLE MUSHROOM in the Lincoln Mall district, or get ripped off brazenly at JERRY's on Collins Ave. ($15 deli sandwiches, $5 fries, etc.). For low key adult fun with a lively crowd, do 1/2 price billiards at FELT (Mondays after 9PM). Shop at Albertson's for your own cooking. Bone up on your Spanish, too, !como no! Peace.

In short? A dream!

by TripAdvisor Member Peaceful75

I was lucky enough to win a trip to SoBe from a local radio station, which included a 4 night stay at the Alexander. From the suite with marble floors, to the super comfortable beds, to the beautiful bathrooms, to the AMAZING food at Shula's Steakhouse downstairs, over all else, one of the things I remember the most is their absolutely wonderful heated saltwater swimming pool. I'm drooling just thinking of this place again...if you can manage it, STAY HERE!!

Unbeatable!

Loved the place, stayed there for 2 weeks suite 1207, luxurious, exclusive, right on the beach on the oceanfront, right on millonaireĀ“s row on the bay side. Great Deals too! Highly recommend this hotel.

Great Family Vacation Spot

Family of 6 plus in-laws spent a week in Suite 516. Large, two bedroom, 2 bath suite with a full kitchen and two sleeper sofas worked out wonderfully for 8 people. Hotel staff was very helpful. Wonderful concierge service. Children loved the pools and play area and we really enjoyed the easy beach access. Only problem was one broken elevator that made waiting for the elevator seem like forever. Otherwise, we loved it and are already planning our next trip.

It is nothing like the pictures...

by TripAdvisor Member Miamituscani

To call this an luxury hotels is a joke. The rooms are large, but very outdated and the kitchen is in need of remodeling. But I think this might be because of the fact that we were young and they they gave us an older room. The pool is even worst. I booked the hotel mainly because of the pool looked unbelieveable. When I got down to the pool, they were no more than two puddles with trees around them. They looked nothing like the pictures. I know that it was to good to be true, with that price tag in Miami Beach.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member GreekGddss

My husband and I decided to go on a little vacation before our baby is born, so we chose this wonderful hotel right outside of South Beach. We were so glad to not have stayed in South Beach witha ll the craziness and mayhem, but we were close enough that we were there in a few minutes with our rented car. Upon arriving at the Alexander All-Suite Hotel, I was immediately impressed with the valet parking and the lobby entrance. While this wasn'ta luxury hotel in the Mandarin-Oriental sense, it was a fantastic hotel. It was clean, the staff were ALL so incredibly helpful. My husband and I were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite (which also had 2 bathrooms!) It was VERY spacious, tastefully decorated and VERY clean. I'm a clean freak, so that is saying a lot. The food we had at the hotel was very good, though a bit pricey for what it was. The pools were nice and clean and the beach was wonderful and not crowded at all. The only thing is that the beach is owned privately so you have to pay for an umbrella and/or chair, but we just used towels from our hotel's pool area.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would certainly stay here again!

This hotel is BEAUTIFUL!

This hotel was above and beyond our expectations. It had been renovated and our suite was SUPERIOR!! We had an ocean view suite. The suite was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! And VERY spacious! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

I will CERTAINLY go back there again!

Good for families

After reading all the reviews on here, I have to say I was a little nervous about booking here. However, after our four day stay here over Hurricane Jeanne weekend, I think this is a great place for families to stay. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite, and requested a sleeper sofa. I later found out that they have some suites where they put two twin beds in the den area, effectively making it a two-bedroom suite. This worked out great for our two little ones. The decor was clean and modern. The pools were nice and clean, the beach is right there. All the staff, from the valets to housekeeping, were helpful. And Paul, at the front desk, thanks so much for everything! The only bad things...parking is $20 a day. Their meter parking is not an option unless you're prepared to feed quarters throughout the night. There are no real stores in the area to pick up supplies. You have to drive about twenty blocks north to get to restaurants and supermarkets. They do have a gift shop in the lobby, but of course, it's more expensive. Other than that, I would definitely stay there again.

Didn't like Alexander

The hotel doesn't look the same as on the pictures, the rooms are big, but furniture and carpet are old. The same situation with the kittchen equipment. Don't recommend to stay, it's not a 4-star hotel.

Miami Airport by nightMiami Airport by night

BedroomBedroom

The restaurant's logoThe restaurant's logo

Do you know these people!??Do you know these people!??

Help with the teen scene.

by lollipopflowers

My girlfriend and I signed onto talking two 17 year old girls to MIami in March for three nights. They want the crazy clubs, Djs and shopping. Does any one know any clubs they can go to on or around the beach with kids their age? Any suggestions on what else to do with them? I know MIami well but feel like sending them ti Lincoln will wear thin.

RE: Help with the teen scene.

by pulgaron

Sorry, SOBE night clubs are for adults. Here that means 21 and above. You would not want them in those clubs anyway.

Cheers.

RE: Help with the teen scene.

by miastudent

Although most Miami clubs are officially 21 (legal drinking age in the states) some clubs will look the other way and not check IDs depending on appearance...

Besides Lincoln road, most of the clubs are located on Washington, and there are a few clubs downtown that have some 18+ for girls nights.

In addition the hotel lounges on ocean drive, some times card only when trying to purchase a drink and not for entry.

Enjoy