The Anglers Boutique Resort

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about The Anglers Boutique Resort

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member HotSP2003

A group of my friends and I stayed at the Anglers Boutique Resort for my birthday. I can't think of anything negative to say about the resort. Let the resort know your reason for visit - as they will do anything to ensure you enjoy your stay. For example,upon arrival, since the hotel knew it was my brithday - they had my room decorated nicely with balloons and banners - which was really sweet. The room is really nice - with fresh orchids in the room. The entertainment set is amazing - each room has surround sound - Dont forget your IPOD. Even if you don't have one - you can rent one from the front desk. The staff are very accomodating and nice - making sure that everything you need is taken care of. Every time you are walking outside, they offer you complimentary water to prevent dehydration in the heat. If you're going to the beach - let them know - they have beach bags with towels in them. Although the resort is not on the beach, it is 2 blocks away from it - not far at all. Its close to everything - so If you're interestred in shopping - its only 1 block away. This resort is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. You will not be disappointed at all. You definately will not understand unless you stay here for yourself. Every staff member that you come in contact with is very friendly - which is unusual for many resorts.

Only Stay If You Are Looking For The Best

by TripAdvisor Member THEULTRA1

i dont even know where to start! my stay at the angler's was unlike any other hotel stay i've had before. i was drawn to this hotel simply by the rave reviews on this website & trust me it was ALL THAT and more. my guests and i were treated like VIP's as soon as we stepped foot out of the cab from the airport. the asst. mgr (i hate that i cant remember his name now) as well as two other staff members greeted & catered to us as if we were the hotel's only guest. not just them but all the staff members make you feel as if you and your stay in so. beach & their hotel is all that matters.

the rooms are beautiful and surprisingly spacious (as many rooms are tiny in this town). the decor is awesome as well. the beds are very comfortable. it actually gives my bed at home a run for its money. LOL! you can become quite spoiled if you stay here more than a few days. going back to reality hurts even that much more after staying here.

if you are having any trouble choosing a hotel in south beach, well honey your troubles are now over. stay and enjoy a little slice of heaven.

Superb Hotel and justifies its No1 position

by TripAdvisor Member andersw2

Miami Beach is the perfect holiday location and everything you read about this hotel is fully justified.
Great top quality interior decor in the rooms which are spacious and very comfortable. Great AV system with large plasma on the wall and speakers everywhere
120% service from all the hotel staff from the Duty manager down to Brian who looked after us for our 4 night stay.

I don't feel like saying anymore about the hotel because I want to keep this gem to myself and have no wish to share it with the rest of the world!
Bill and Sandra
Edinburgh

Truly a home from home

by TripAdvisor Member Allan_Debs

We expected it to be good and were not let down. Immediately the taxi dropped us off the staff were out to carry the bags and the check in was done in the room without any fuss. The staff were the best we have come across and could not do enough each and every day.

We travelled down to the florida keys but were so impressed by the Anglers we came bac early and finished our holiday there for another three days.

Attention to detail is superb and location is first class. Special mention for the 'pool attendant' who never letyour iced water drop below half full !

Do not miss this hotel - absolutely fabulous !!

Travellers from Prestwick, Scotland

Wonderful Hotel, Perfect Staff!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SDOTBARBIE

My stay ( Oct. 4 - Oct. 7) at the Angler's Resort Boutique (Washington between 6th and 7th...PERFECT LOCATION!!!!) was simply wonderful. My best friend and I headed to SoBe to celebrate her bday and the hotel really made it special. They REALLY did any and everything you asked. I felt like we were staying with old friends in a beautiful house rather than at a stuffy hotel.

We were able to check in at 10am (we also were able to check out late), and room was decorated with bday decorations and a bday card was there signed by the entire staff. I was truly touched and so was my friend, they even gave her a bday cake. The room was great, we booked the double room. The beds were heavenly, the bathroom was very nice (although, not having a shower door...does get the floor wet and can be annoying) were better than I imagined. The surround sound, cable TV, balcony with pool view, and sitting area were all perks to the already stunning room. We were offered the complimentary breakfast (croissants and tea/coffee) at our time of choice every morning. Beach bags were provided each time we went to the pool, or the beach (which was only 2 blocks away...very short walk). There was a minor screw-up, and the hotel apologized more times than I can count plus gave us a bottle of champagne, flowers, dessert, and even comp. beach chairs.

Please follow their restaurant and nightclub suggestions, as they never steered us wrong. This is a GREAT hotel, and you will NOT regret staying there. I can go on and on, but email me, if you have specific questions. I'll be more than happy to answer them. First timers post reviews, because that's just how good they are, you want to give thanks for all of they're hard work! I want to personally thank everyone from the hotel: Brian, Phillip, Ariel, Peter, Teresa, and Marisol.

Shaniqua and Liv!

Sublime Stay at the Angler's...AMAZING

by TripAdvisor Member Arubaisgreat

I just recently celebrated my 40th birthday with my wife at the incredible Angler’s Boutique Resort and our experience was beyond our expectations. I booked our weekend based primarily on the reviews from this site and would be remiss not to add our own thoughts about our stay during the weekend of 10/12-10/14. It was easily one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had and we have stayed at Ritz Carltons, Westins, Mandalays and Renaissances. Here is a break down of our wonderful weekend.

Upon arrival to the valet in front of the hotel, we were greeted at our car, our luggage was taken from us immediately and we were quickly shuttled to our room (more on the room shortly). No front desk check-in here. Al, our attendant, checked us in right in our room. He showed us all of the goodies, how everything worked and took our breakfast request for the next morning. Al was awesome and had a great accent too boot.

Ahhh…the room. What can I say? First of all, when we made the reservation, we told them that it was for a birthday celebration. When we arrived into the room, the room was decorated with balloons, a happy birthday banner, a birthday card signed by the entire staff and a lovely mini chocolate birthday cake on the bed. The beginnings of the personal touch that this hotel is obviously committed to. The room was decorated in very contemporary and chic furnishings with lots of great touches. The furniture was very sophisticated, hardwood floors, LCD TV that revolves in all directions, surround sound system (CD, DVD & speakers, even in the bathroom), fully stocked mini bar/refrigerator/goodies tray, coffee table books that were actually interesting, bathrobes, modern bathroom with elegant fixtures, balcony overlooking the courtyard and the most comfortable Queen size bed we have ever slept in from any hotel. Absolutely stunning room that permeates a very definite upscale South Beach vibe. Within minutes of being in the room, we popped in an Andrea Bocelli CD and let the accommodations soak in….wink.

The amenities and service of the Angler’s are predictably amazing. The entire hotel has a great look and feel. Although there is some construction going on, we were informed that it should be done within the next 2 months or so. We did not notice a noise problem with the construction during our stay but we stayed during the weekend. It may be different during the week. Furnishings in the lobby and throughout are very hip, chic and South Beachy. There is a courtyard and small pool area with cabanas and lounge chairs for your use. The staff told us that the restaurant and bar will open in a few weeks and they were actually training the staff during our stay. We can’t wait to see the restaurant and bar when it is open. The staff they were training were all very attractive (model types maybe), but this is no surprise because there are beautiful people everywhere down here. The entire staff was always extremely friendly, welcoming and willing to do anything to make your stay comfortable. They greet you with a sincere smile, open doors for you, offer you cold Fiji water and ask if you need anything. A continental breakfast of croissants, coffee and newspaper are delivered to your room at the time you specify. When we checked in, I asked for tea and OJ and they accommodated. Make sure if you stay longer than one night, to remind them of your preferences. We did not do this and on our second morning, we did not get the tea and OJ we got the previous morning. No biggie really because I am sure that if I called the front desk, they would have brought up the tea and juice within minutes. The staff is also acutely knowledgeable of where to dine, what to do and where to go in Sobe and insists on making dinner reservations for you. Actually, I received an email a few days before our arrival asking if they could assist us in making dinner reservations. Alex suggested 10 different choices and we had dinner reservations confirmed for us for both Friday and Saturday nights upon our check-in. Although we have not eaten at either place before (Oriente and Touch), both places did not disappoint. Lastly, the hotel has private access passes for several of the most stylish clubs in Sobe available to their guests. Just ask and they will give them to you and inform you how to use them. We received passes for a very trendy club on Collins and when we arrived, there was a huge line in front to enter. We just showed the passes to the bouncer, he opened the velvet rope and let us right in within 30 seconds before the 100 or so people waiting on line. An awesome feeling to say the least!

The location of the hotel is outstanding. It is between 6th and 7th Street on Washington Avenue which is one block from Collins, 2 blocks from Ocean Drive and the beach and very convenient to boutique shopping, restaurants and clubs. There are actually several clubs directly across the street from the hotel. Collins has great shopping within a few blocks from the hotel as well as an authentic and extremely affordable Cuban restaurant called Puerta Sagua minutes from the hotel. You are right in the heart of the Art Deco district and close to almost all that South Beach has to offer. Lincoln Road Mall is probably a 25 minute walk from the hotel but we would suggest taking the SBL – South Beach Local bus. This bus does a continuous loop around Sobe, runs every 15 minutes, runs until 1:00AM and is only 25 cents. Coming southbound back to the Angler’s, there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel. After a day of shopping and walking around South Beach, this bus came in very handy. We even took it very late Sat night with no problems.

Well, I rambled on enough. Simply stated, if you are looking for the best that South Beach has to offer in regards to an exceptional hotel, look no further than the Angler’s Boutique Resort. The staff will pamper you, the room will astound you and your stay will be perfect in every way. We LOVED our weekend at the Angler’s and will be back. Maybe as soon as this December for our wedding anniversary. And if any Angler’s staff is reading this review, a big hello and thank you from the couple from Orlando that stayed in room 303. OUTSTANDING!!

Fantastic Small Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JohnbSWLondon

Booked this hotel based mainly on its Tripadvisor ranking - what a good move that was. This is a very stylish small hotel, but the thing that really makes it stand out is the service - never have I stayed in a hotel with more helpful and courteous staff - outstanding.

The other bits that are worth mentioning as we were slightly concerned about them are as follows - Location - its not on the beach but is only a 5 minute walk away - however its very close to a number of great restaurants and bars and is very close to the main shopping street, so location we thought was great. The other thing was the pool - their website wasn't that clear, but they do have a lovely, peaceful little pool. It gets sun for most of the day although is surrounded by other hotel buildings (but tastefully so). A guy comes round all day giving you minted iced water and iced face towels - very nice.

So all in all, would stay here again in a heartbeat - really was one of the highlights of Miami for us!

John

Loved The Angler's

by TripAdvisor Member banne1106

We stayed 4 nights recently traveled with another couple who stayed in the main building. We were able to book one of the poolside two story villas. The accommodations were everything we hoped for, comfortable beds, spacious roons with great televisions. We can not say enough about the staff at this hotel. Thanks to Marisol, Al, Brian and the rest for making our stay in South Beach a great experience. There is still work being done on the premises but truly was not an inconvenience. I cant wait to see the finished result! We would absolutely stay here again.

Not anything special...disappointed.

by TripAdvisor Member Erin8198

We were very excited to stay at this hotel, as we're a big fan of boutiques and this one had such positive reviews. The hotel wasn't bad - they were very accomodating and the room was nice, but it wasn't anything special either.

The staff was certainly accomodating - originally we were traveling with a party of three, so they booked us a room with a sofa bed. Then our party grew to four, so when I notified them, they moved us to a room with two beds for double the price. This was fine and certainly expected, although I'm not sure I buy their reasoning that "a room with a sofa bed wouldn't be any less expensive." I would have rather they just came right out and said that four people needed a larger room! Unfortunately, the night we were checking in, our friends' flight was canceled due to storms, so we ended up being a party of two. The staff was gracious enough to move us to a one bedroom room, especially as the difference between the cost of the one-bedroom was half the cost of the two bedroom ($200 vs. $400). HOWEVER, I would have GLADLY paid the extra $200 had I known ahead of time that the room they were moving us to was DIRECTLY next to the construction. We couldn't even look out the windows because there were workmen outside! Not that there would have been a view if they weren't there - it just looked out at wall.

The room itself was fine, but certainly not as nice as others we've been to in this price range (Dominion 1912 in Quebec, the Venetian in Vegas, The Cedar House Sport Hotel in Truckee to name a few). It was small, and other than a flat screen TV had no real amenities. We were expecting more of a suite layout, but it was more of a single room that was extended to include a table and couch. The bathroom was very nice and the bed was very comfortable, particularly the sheets.

Then, at 7:00 in the morning, construction started up, and ended our restful night. There was really no way to sleep through the racket.

The front desk staff was cheerful and helpful in the morning, although the bill included an extra charge of $50 that had to be removed. They also charged us $5 PER CALL for local calls (we were calling the Delano spa in Miami Beach). Our total bill for one night came to about $285.

Frankly, we were expecting more - it was a clean room in a non-unique hotel and not much more than that. I probably wouldn't go back even at the reduced rate - and certainly not at the full rate - even though there was nothing WRONG with the hotel. We just expected some special ambiance that turned out to not be there. Probably the only time I have stayed in a hotel that I researched this carefully that I would not return to.

Almost Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member tomg84

We have just finished out stay at the anglers (23-26 Oct). I have to say it was nearly a perfect hotel. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. Our room, 102, had large a king size bed, good living area with coffee table, sofa and chairs. Bathroom was luxurious with a very large shower! When you arrive you are taken directly to your room and check in happens there. Breakfast is served in your room of coffee and croissants. The hotel is not located directly on the beach but it is only a five minute walk away.

Remember your Ipod! The rooms are fitted with a great AV system with Ipod dock. Ask them to show you the remote as it can be a bit complex!

We do have a few niggles about the hotel. Complimentary wireless broadband is provided throughout the hotel, however the signal strength in our room was so poor we could not use the internet. The rooms do have a cable connection but it is no where near the desk! Although it did not affect our stay, when the restaurant is open it is quiet noisy into the early hours until about 1 am. We could clear hear the music from the bar in our room (102) . If you are light sleepers you might want to avoid this room. There is still some construction work going on in the hotel, the main building is open and complete but there are some new buildings which are not finished yet.

We dined in the restaurant on the second night of opening and it was an average meal. We had much better meals for the same money during our stay. If you do dine there use the sommelier he recommended a wine which was not the most expensive thing on the list and it was excellent.

The staff at the anglers are 110% trained to serve you! It is was simply outstanding. Also, if you are going to beach ask at reception and they will provide towels and water.

We would probably stay here again and I am certain it will be a fantastic hotel which it is fully finished. Hope this review helps, if you want anymore info please contact me.

Postcard of Casa Casuarina CasaPostcard of Casa Casuarina Casa

South Florida Arts CenterSouth Florida Arts Center

Sagi and me at Mango'sSagi and me at Mango's

The TidesThe Tides

Going to Orlando December and driving to Miami for 1 day...need advice

by bambi1825

I have been to Orlando many times but we have never left to see anything else. we are going to rent a car for 1 day and drive to Miami, I have never been there and need advice. I will have 3 children with me. I found a Best Western hotel Miami Beach with the beach right behind it, it seems really nice. Any advice would be great. Also is it going to be too cold to swim in the middle of December?

RE: Going to Orlando December and driving to Miami for 1 day...need advice

by JonoMan

Hey!

Good choice! I used to always drive down to Miami for the day or just for the night. Miami Beach and South Beach is the place to be when you're there. Make sure you visit Lincoln Street, one of my favorite restaurants is there, it's called Nexxt. You'll see it, there's always a lot of people, the prices are cheap, and the portions are HUGE!

The water mixed with the air temperature is to cold for me to go swimming. However, I still see some people doing it. Expect the water to be around low 70's or high 60's.

RE: Going to Orlando December and driving to Miami for 1 day...need advice

by nena305

Hi! I currently live in Pasco County but I was raised on Miami Beach. The Best Western there is very nice. I have an aunt that works there. It will be chilly but its nice between 1 pm and 3 pm. I hope your family has a great time. It is a beautiful place to vacation. Oh, if you want to great food in a nice out door restaraunt visit News Cafe on Ocean Drive =-}

Comments