The Betsy Hotel

1440 Ocean Drive, (formerly Betsy Ross Hotel), Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States
The Betsy - South Beach
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about The Betsy Hotel

Stunning! We loved the new Betsy Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member TravelsMuchGlobally

My fiance and I had the most unexpectedly glorious time staying at a new hotel in South Beach called: The Betsy (or Betsy Ross) . We usually stay nearby at the Loew's but we were looking for something a little bit more intimate. The lobby and hotel were beautifully appointed and though the rooms are smaller than we prefer, the attention to detail was wonderful. The staff was young but incredibly friendly, attentive and helpful. They have a steak and seafood restaurant called The BLT that was out of this world. Don't miss the popover. The only complaint we have is with room service and perhaps that will improve and certainly nothing that will prevent us from visiting again in June.

Slighty disappointing.

by TripAdvisor Member londonusa68

In the past, my girlfriend and I have booked into other hotels located on Collins Avenue rather upfront on the beach and we have been very impressed with the hotels location, cleanliness, price and service.
Due to a very busy memorial weekend (Hip hop weekend) and a last minute decision to book into a hotel, we were finding it difficult to find hotels that could accomodate us.The reviews for the Betsy hotel were quite impressive so my girlfriend and I decided to stay at the Betsy hotel as they were able to accomodate us for the Memorial weekend.
We found the hotel ideally located. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very modern and clean, but we were disappointed in the overall size in comparison to other hotels in SB. The kingsize bed took virtually all the available bedroomspace. The bathroom was very nice, but again rather small.
All in all our stay was fine.

By Far the Best Hotel in South Beach!!!

by TripAdvisor Member CORTLANDALUM

My stay at The Betsy Hotel was a truly fabulous experience. If you want to stay in a hotel with a wonderful location in South Beach and be treated like a VIP, this is the place to be. Everyone has a smile, truly everyone. You feel right at home (although home was never like this) from the moment you walk into the hotel. The newly renovated hotel is beautiful. You feel the warmth, the vibe, the ambiance everywhere. The rooms are beautiful and I truly slept better on the Frette sheets and Incredibly comfortable bed than I have in a long time. I never saw a TV in the mirror in a bathroom before, and it was such a wonderful addition. So were the plush Frette towels.The BLT Steak restaurant was amazing. The food was excellent and the service was even better. The waiters remembered you and what your preferences were, and always provided the service with a smile. The convenience of walking down to the beach, saying you are staying at The Betsy and being provided with plush cushion covers and thick towels was great. I truly felt like I was being treated like I was the most important guest they had at the hotel. You can't beat the location and you are just minutes away (really!!) from the busier part of Ocean Drive, which is nice to visit, but you wouldn't want to stay on top of all the action. A great experience and I can't wait to come back!!!

The BEST Hotel in South Beach-hands down!

by TripAdvisor Member Bird321

Upon arriving at this newly refurbished hotel on South Beaches Ocean Drive, I was enchanted by the welcoming elegance of The Betsy Hotel. With the charm of a plantation with African flair, The Betsy is like nothing else Miami has to offer. In one of Miami's most desirable locations this boutique hotel offers services and amenities that large "chain-like" hotels cannot. Personal touches around The Betsy offers a homey feel combined with luxury. The rooms inviting and comfortable. The restaurant in the lobby, BLT Steak, was excellent every time I dined there from food to ambiance. Whether I was lingering outside on the front porch of the hotel reading, enjoying my favorite red wine in the lobby bar, lounging the beach, or having a cocktail by the pool, I couldn't have asked for a better or more enjoyable time. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a truly unique experience in South Beach, and will always stay there when I return back.

Southern Charm Meets Chic and Modern

by TripAdvisor Member BabswNyc

I went to South Beach for the first time seeking a quiet and peaceful respite at a boutique hotel. (Always my preferred accommodation). The Betsy fit the bill perfectly as it is a fabulous combination of a Plantation style manse (note not deco!) decorated in a minimal yet modern style. The gracious front porch welcomes you and leads into a lounge area which includes a BLT Steak restaurant, front desk and bar. The staff was friendly and helpful, asking for help if they did not have an answer at hand. My room was lovely, all white with a touch of lavender bordering curtains and bedding. My favorite part of The Betsy's decor had to be the linen wallpapered hallways lined with fabulous rock star photos. This place truly exceeded expectations.

Loved it – booked for next year before I left! (from London, England)

by TripAdvisor Member TL1London

The Betsy is just fabulous – perfect location – right on South Beach but away from the maddening crowd – there could be no better spot to have an early evening drink than on the terrace, overlooking the ocean and watching the SB scene go by. The restaurant is fabulous (BLT) – watch out for the popovers, totally addictive! The hotel has just been renovated to perfection, it’s beyond chic, our room was incredibly luxurious and comfortable and the staff could not have been more helpful and attentive.

The roof terrace had not opened yet but we caught a sneak preview – the best view in Miami without a doubt!

Looking forward to our trip next May!

The best hotel I've ever stayed at

by TripAdvisor Member tulipsrcool

The Betsy is the most wonderful hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff was so incredibly attentive, they catered to my every need and were so warm and amicable. The rooms are GOREGOUS and comfortable, and incredibly lavish without being gaudy . The next time I go back to Miami I'm staying at the Betsy. Totally worth the price.

The best new hotel in South Beach

by TripAdvisor Member Anthony29

The Betsy opened in Spring and we were one of the first guests to stay at the hotel. The roof top sun deck wasn't completed yet though there was a pool and the beach service was up and running. The Betsy is located in one of the best spots on South Beach and has been restored to its former glory as one of the city's oldest hotels. It's finished to a very high spec and is truly a luxury experience. The bedrooms are small but very comfortable and have everything you need. The bathrooms even feature an integrated TV - our favourite gadget! The staff are lovely and very eager to please and we will definitely be staying at the Betsy on our next trip to Miami. Enjoy!

Perfect - we want to go back!

by TripAdvisor Member Alicus

The Betsy is a fabulous hotel and the perfect choice for our first trip to South Beach. We have stayed in many hotels around the world and this was as near to hotel perfection as possible. The hotel looked great from the exterior to the lobby to the room. After the heat and excitement of Ocean Drive the rooms are a haven of tranquility with dark wooden floors, a whole lot of white with accents of colour. The bathrooms are gleaming white with an amazing TV built into the mirror. We ate at BLT on the terrace and really enjoyed it - the 22oz bone in rib eye was great. We arrived back after midnight one night and tried to get some food from room service only to be told the kitchen was closed. However within minutes we got a call back to say they had made us a chicken sandwich and fries with their compliments - it was delicious and the service most welcome. We were also able to get a late checkout at no extra cost allowing us to enjoy the beach before our late flight back to London.
Add to that the perfect location and the most helpful staff ever we will certainly be back and feel that we have found a little secret (but perhaps not for long).

Convenient, Clean, Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member jc2227

Booked a weekend at The Betsy with a group of friends for a beach weekend. The hotel stands out along Ocean Drive - clearly one of the nicer and classier spots on the strip. Rooms were clean - not huge, but the space is utilized well. Separate bed and couch areas meant we were able to spend time together without sitting on beds; sizable bathrooms with plenty of counter space and mirrors meant multiple women could get ready at the same time.

The beach is beautiful and close by, so there's no real reason to go to the pool, but if you are a pool person, this might not be the right hotel for you. The pool is kind of small and tucked away in the back of the hotel. The beach is definitely the way to go: one hotel room includes 2 chairs at the beach, somewhat frustrating since the hotel allows up to 4 people in a room.

The restaurant is delicious. Staff is courteous. Wireless internet is free. Design is smart and clean - loved the stacks of books in the room and the photography along the walls. All in all, a great Miami experience.

1st breakfast of the stay1st breakfast of the stay

Balans, South Beach, MiamiBalans, South Beach, Miami

sushi samba has great cocktailssushi samba has great cocktails

inside Jerry's Famous Deliinside Jerry's Famous Deli

reasonable hotel

by allnpete

Looking for a reasonable price for a one night stay at hotel near the cruise terminal in miami for the end of January any suggestions.
Thanks Pete

by YVRDave

Try the Ho Jo Dezerland

by donato1899

The cruise terminal is in Miami, not out on the Beach. Look on cruisecritic.com for many discussions of this topic.
The Hojo's across from bayside is ok.

RE: RE: reasonable hotel

by YVRDave

Is it still there Denis? I couldn't find it mentioned. I stayed there in 79 when the riots started. Couldn't get to the airport so I had to take my first cruise

RE: RE: reasonable hotel

by donato1899

Yeah, the HoJo's is still there. My wife went there for a scrapbook session and got a front row seat for the Miami Heat parade last spring when the became NBA CHAMPIONS.
It is not the ritziest place(pun intended) but it is ok. The nicest place is the Hotel Intercontinental, but it might be expensive.

by donato1899

I made a mistake. There is no Howard Johnson's on Biscayne Blvd. across from the cruise terminal.
I should have said Holiday Inn, sorry. That's where my wife stayed.

Comments