The Crescent Resort On South Beach

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Rated 11% higher but also costs 60% more than other 3 star hotels

More about The Crescent Resort On South Beach

Not really a Resort or Spa

After reading the (mostly positive) reviews we decided to give the Crescent Resort a try. Although we found the room pretty nice and clean, the overall experience was below average.

The two rooftop Spas were both non-functional and boarded up, and by the end of the week the rooftop area was completed off limits due to construction. The carpet on our floor was stained and looked like it hadn't been clean for a while.

Another problem was the very aggressive sales staff. The Crescent was the only hotel in the Art-Deco district with outside salespeople who were soliciting every passerby which was annoying. The time-share salespeople were working on signing up people well past midnight and we could hear loud sales activity from our room.

On a good note, the front desk managers were helpful and the location of the hotel ideal, especially given the beach was across the street. The rooms were cleaned daily and the hotel staff friendly.

Given the price, I would recommend finding another hotel with no sales staff and better features in the Art-Deco district.

Pleasant and great location

by TripAdvisor Member Miami-Agent

My wife and I stayed at the Crescent past January and what a surprise! we are not used to the beach at all since we've been living in Colorado for 6 years, everybody was bilengual wich was easy for us since we are originally from Spain, nice staff, lousy sales people... they were annoying, I couldn't stand them. I mentioned that to the staff upon my check out and I hope they're gonna do something about it, the hotel is really nice and I wish they were not there. Overall we had a great time.

I come back again and again

I've stayed here three times now, and plan on staying again. The location is great- beach across the street, FABULOUS resteraunt next door, shopping, and walking distance to nightlife! The rooms are very comfortable, nice size,(2bdrm), the floors are hardwood(no disgusting carpet), the beds are comfortable and king size, and you have a kitchen. The staff answered any questions I had, and gave some good advice on the area. The fact that there is no pool doesn't really bother me because I'd rather be on the beach. However it would be great if they would ever get the rooftop jacuzzi fixed, it's been three years! And make sure you are thorough on getting a good price, because they really differ depending on which website you choose...shop around! Last year I found a range from 139.00 to 299.00 for the same 2bdrm suite! (oh and I would have paid the higher price to stay there!) Good Luck

Nice stay. Great price.

by TripAdvisor Member DJTim

Arrived with some trepidation after reading some of the recent poor reviews. Lobby was clean. Desk clerk was polite and were able to do an early check-in. 2-bedroom suite was very nice, clean and as pictured on their website. We tended to sleep-in late so we declined the housekeeping service a couple of days although they always called early afternoon to check to see if we wanted it. When we requested housekeeping it was done. Air-conditioning functioned properly. Kitchen was well stocked with glasses and dishes.

Overall our stay was quite pleasant. The only thing that didn't function as promised was the internet terminal in the lobby.

The tourist sales desk only queried us once during our stay and left us alone after we declined their services. It seemed issues with this had been overblown. However after we had checked out and were waiting for our taxi, the same sales lady asked us if we were checking in or checking out and whether we were interested in tourist information 4 times! I mean, I can understand once, but 4 times?

Anyway it was only a small negative incident over a very good stay. For the price (approx. $230.night before taxes) for a 2 bedroom suite, I consider the Crescent an amazing bargain for a nice, clean, and non-dowdy hotel.

Good Hotel, Great location, Good Price

A friend and I spent four nights at the Crescent. We found it cute and were quite surprised at how much we got for our money ($159.00/night for one bedroom). The kitchen is completely stocked, if you wanted to buy groceries and eat all your meals in to save $$$ this is the place to stay.
The hotel desk staff was friendly but did not strike me as experts on the area so we did not ask many questions. They did however, make sure we had a taxi when we left (which was very helpful).
We had no issues with sales staff, we were asked once at check in and were offered $100 off of our bill to hear their sales pitch but declined and were never asked about it again.
Housekeeping was wonderful and we had no issues. A couple mornings we slept in but they came back and the room got cleaned.
This hotel is approximately one block from the front door to the beach and on the way you pass a Starbucks (life could not be much better). On the beach you can rent a lounge chair for $15.
Lincoln Drive and the great shopping is about 4 blocks away.
It was a little bit noisy on the Friday and Saturday night but overall not bad at all. The location is just far enough up from the party hotels that you don't get much of the partiers, but close enough that you can walk to where the parties are.
Overall both of us would stay at this hotel again and would definitely recommend it to friends!

Could be better. Watch out for ants, dirty rooms.

by TripAdvisor Member Mike1010

After reading all the reviews, the Crescent seemed like the place to stay...However, I was so disappointed, I had to write a review.

Let's start with the positive.

Large room with kitchen, so lots of space.
Great location.
Staff was friendly

Now the negative.

The room was just dirty and in need of a thorough cleaning.
The kitchen had very small ants running across the countertops so don't leave any unsealed food out.
Found 1 almost-dead cockroach.
The windows are so dirty and are barely functional.
The bathtub had mold/mildew buildup on the tile walls, shower curtain and in the jacuzzi jets. You couldn't pay me to take a bath in it.
The rooftop jacuzzi was totally disassembled (temporary problem).
The air conditioner vents had mildew on them, who knows what's inside the ducts.
Every time you come or go for the first day or two, there are people who work in the front of the hotel booking tours, and repeatedly ask you if you want one.

This hotel could be great. Currently, however, it's just poorly maintained.

Great Stay Great Place but beware of pushy time-share salespeople

Great Stay Great Place but beware of pushy time-share salespeople . I stayed in a ocean-view suite with 3 other girlfriends . The room was nice and clean for the most part . I noticed dirt and rust on the windows and on the towel holder . This place has a small check-in desk and no real amenities are available . The spa is not open yet . THe room has a kitchen and beautiful yet simple contemporary furnishings. It has a great location on ocean drive too . I would recommend this to couples , friends and anyone who wants a clean , simple nice place . Only problems were that I wanted to use cash for my entire stay and they discouraged that but ended up taking my cash . Secondly , the people who stand in front with tourist tshirts are PEST and will try to trick you into attending the timeshare meeting . If you come with the intention of that fine , but when you say No thank you a hundred times and they keep going , that is not good . Lastly , my husband had flowers sent to the hotel . They left one message for me and I never knew about it . A good hotel would have noticed me and said that I had flowers and made more attempts to let me know . I did not get them until the day I was leaving .

by TripAdvisor Member NicoleRobitu

We booked this hotel few months in advance, thinking that is part of Hilton.
It turned out to be extremely dirty. When we went to our room, we found the room very dirty, they even didn't change the bed sheets. We went to the front desk to complain, but they don't have any cleaning staff. They said that they use an outside cleaning company to clean the hotel, and they don't check if the room are cleaned properly. So, they asked the bell boy to go and find some clean sheets and make our bed. Anyway, we checked out and luckily we found a room at the Holiday inn.

Thought the place was good bargain for the price

As a frequent traveler to SoBe, I know that you never know what you are going to get, until you get there. Let's face it Miami Beach is consistent only in its inconsistentcy.

I liked the hotel. The price was right. I knew it was a timeshare so expected to be hit up. I'm amazed that I saw one guest extremely angry that the place didn't have a pool. Buddy, you are staying across the street from the world's largest pool. It's called the Atlantic Ocean. SoBe is all about location, location, location. You don't get it any better. On Ocean Ave, but not so close that you can't get any sleep.

I found the rooms to be tired, but not dirty. There is a difference. The place definitely needs some TLC. A lot of things don't work, are closed, or just too worn out to make it look good. However, my room was very clean and the maids were very friendly. Again, something that can be hit or miss in SoBe.

The front desk is such a hit or miss. One guy was great, professional. Another one looked like he had just rolled out of bed. As you may have guessed the service levels were very different as well.

All and all, a clean room in an excellent location. What more do you want?

Great Time in Miami

I just had to say that I had stayed in Miami Beach several times at much larger hotels such as the Lowes but I can honestly say that nothing compares to my stay at the Crescent. The rooms look like little villas, the staff was very friendly and my girlfriend and I think that the night manager is really cute, just what you wanna see in South Beach. I think his name was Roger, every night he agreed us telling us all the best places to go and even had free passes for the clubs. Well there was a down side, no matter how many times we ask the sales people to leave us alone, they did not. However after complaining to the manager it came to an imedate holt and we were not bother for the rest of our stay. We were walking distance from everything, the best restaurants, clubs and the beach. We will definetely be visiting the Crescent again.

PS: if you need anything just ask for Roger.

Parking

by happyman123uk

We are staying at the Crescent Resort On South Beach
next year and want to know where we can park and how much it will be

by jcjlkrebs

Here is a pretty good website for parking close to your resort

Hope this helps, enjoy

by AnnaMiamiBeach

You can find a good overview about Miami and Miami Beach's parkings on this website. It also has lots of information about Miami if you need some other tips.

I hoped it helped!