3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

1050 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Rated 11% higher but also costs 58% more than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Indigo Miami Beach

Horrifying - NEVER stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member lstrong

My experience at the Best Western South Beach from October 22-24 was awful. We changed rooms twice due to unsanitary conditions. Our first room in the Bel Aire building had paint chipping off the walls, a phone that didn't work, threadbare blankets, and stained carpet. The bathroom floor was covered in mildew, and the light switchplate was missing, exposing the wires. We requested a different room, and were given another in the Bel Aire building. This room had a stained carpet, dirty sheets (which unfortunately I didn't see until the next morning), and threadbare blanket. The mattress on one bed was buckled up due to broken springs. The other bed didn't collapse in the middle, but you could feel every spring. The bathroom floor was covered in mildew, and the inside of the shower curtain was covered in mildew and what looked like vomit. The TV didn't work, either. The chair in the room was an old poolside chair from the 1970s covered in rust and cobwebs. We changed rooms again the next day, when space opened up the main building. This room was slightly better, but the carpet was also dirty and the bathroom wasn't very clean. The staff wasn't very helpful and offered no compensation for our miserable experience. Will not stay here again. I've stayed in cheap youth hostels that were cleaner than this. Totally, totally gross.

Art Deco Hotels

by rmdw about Hotels from a Bygone Era

The older hotels of South Beach have a distinct Art Deco design. The prices and quality of each vary but they're certainly beautiful to look at from the outside.

Beaches and Swimming Pools

by seagoingJLW about The old Caribbean Hotel in 1955

All the hotels in Miami Beach have swimming pools. The beachfront hotels offer beachchairs, umbrellas, etc. the gimmick at the old Caribbean Hotel was that it had the only grass beach in the area.

Here I am sitting on the diving board at the Caribbean Hotel in 1955.

It has and miss class...

by mafootje about Dtree Surfcomber So Beach

This was one of the most expensive hotels during this stay in Florida. We know that hotels in Miami Beach are mostly more expensive as they are worth, also parking can be expensive this hotel wasn't an exception to this. At the arrival we where greeted by both Valet parking and someone who wanted to help us with our baggage.

At the reception greeting was friendly and the key cards came with cookies. Then up to our room during reservation we asked for a room near the elevator...so out we came at the second floor and had to walk almost to the end of a long hallway....but there was another elevator giving pool and beach acces so that wish was granted.

The room itself was classy but small and the floor squeeked. When we turned on the light in the bathroom we learned to know the most loudest ventilator we ever had in any hotel room , cheap or expensive we decided not to switch on the light when using the bathroom the sound really was terrible.

Another thing....like to sleep long ? Don't go here, the curtains won't close they arent large enough to close, even the rail on which they are hanging doesn't go all the way.

If there's an emergency please be very careful exciting through the fire exit there is a step right after going through the door, i almost tripped when i wanted to take a picture from here... The bed was a nice one, staff where friendly, the pool and poolside area where just great and the beach was adjacent to the pool area.

Breakfast was ok, but somewhat limited in choise. All in all the stay was ok but wasn't worth the money, i just don't understand why a hotel would have curtains that don't close.

What i also don't understand is that they have ventilators that noisy... we only stayed here for a day and noticed the fan late in the evening we didn't complain about it but if you stay here please check your fan before unpacking your staff maybe they have rooms with more silent fans.

Valet parking is the only parking they have and is a little under $19 per day.

Pictures taken december 12, 2004

Miami Beach Hotels

by hostertag

There are differences in accomodations depending on where you stay. Hotels close to South Beach and the Art Deco dist feature some cool architecture and are a great location if you like the night life. It is noisy at night and there are plenty of party-goers all over. Hotels near Lincoln Ave. I'm told are a bit riskier as far as safey. There are a number of homeless people who tend to hang around that area. The hotels up the beach on Collins Ave. tend to get more upscale the farther you get away from Lincoln Ave. and tend to be more family-friendly.

More Art Deco Hotels

by pulgaron about The Lesie Hotel

Facing the OCean and two blocks from Mango's Bar action. Art Deco, rigth in the middle of the South Beach action.

The Worst Hotel I have Ever Stayed in!

by TripAdvisor Member pinkycub

I have never in my life stayed in a worse hotel then this dive.

We arrived after a long day of travelling to be shown to a room in the Bel Air building which is hideous from the outside and a dump on the inside. The rooms smell rancid, the beds look dirty and the windows are sealed shut.

After complaining we moved to the main building and the room we were given was marginally better but the whole place is just foul.

The breakfast provided is junk food rubbish and the staff are the worst I have ever come across. We were there during Hurricane Frances in September and after an evacution of South Beach was issued we were told to "leave the hotel and go east Ma'am" and that they were unable to provide us with any numbers for hotels on the mainland. Only after a big shouting match and me luckily finding a piece of paper on the floor with instructions from the police and the mayor that the hotel were obliged to help guests relocate and an ATTACHED list of hotel numbers did they relent and give me some details (all without a smile).

Don't every go there, warn your friends, tell all your family - its worse then hell!!!!!!!!!

GOOD DEAL if on a budget!

by TripAdvisor Member kgeology

I stayed here during August 2004 with some friends and had an overall GOOD experience. I was a little reluctant to stay at the Best Western at first but because of the financial constraints of my travel partners we decided to take a chance on the BW South Beach. I had never stayed at a BW until then but I figured if I was going to take a chance on a BW, why not take a chance on the BW South Beach. At a price of about $70/night USD it was hard to beat for the LOCATION. I was actually somewhat impressed b/c it wasn't as filthy or low budget as I thought it might be. The hotel is located directly across from the 11th Street Diner in the heart of SOBE. We were a close walk to shopping, restaurants, beaches, etc. If you are traveling on a tight budget, but want to be in the heart of the action, the BW South Beach might be the place for you. The hotel staff overall was average but we found a few of the staff members to be exceptional. The rooms were clean and the hotel amenities were OK. You will not find all of the bells and whistles of a Ritz-Carlton, Marriott or one the area boutique hotels but you'll get a relatively good location...and also a clean pool right in front of the hotel. I would stay here again if I was traveling on a tight budget.

We ignored previous advice

by TripAdvisor Member brendandoyle

We should have followed the advice of other reviewers who said "don't stay here". We were appalled! This is despite being used to some shabby hotels in Ireland where we live. This 'hotel' was very dirty with surly staff who are by now imune to people describing the hotel as a dump. No-one cleans the place - ever. The beds are made each day, but that simply isn't enough. The hallways smelt of mildew and the room wall had graffitti on it 'Mario was here'. If Mario was there, I'll bet he didn't stay long. We were booked for 3 nights arriving on the evening of Christmas Eve (paid in advance - fools that we are). We lasted two nights. For those who need more convincing - the windows had not been cleaned - ever! They were thick with dirt and grime. Need more - the microwave (this is how you heat up water for tea) was disgusting. Add to all this the fact that the hotel is in a seedy area of Washington Ave with strange characters and such roaming the place at night. Do yourselves a favour - don't do what we did - heed this advice. No matter how cheap it is (and it was, compared to the others), it isn't a good deal.

Surprisingly great hotel for cheap price!!

by TripAdvisor Member erinomaha

This hotel is definitely nothing fancy, but after checking out of our hotel in Key Largo a day early due to disappointment, we had to find a hotel fast in South Beach! We had stayed at the Blue Moon Hotel earlier in the trip and were very impressed with it's quality. We wanted a hotel in the same area, but were hoping to spend a little less. We found the best western in a coupon book at a gas station, and were able to get a room for only $55!! The price made us nervous to see our room, but we were not disappointed. The room is fairly big for South Beach. Nothing fancy and the bathroom definitely needs some help. The rooms overall aren't the best kept, but you can't beat the price and location. Great complimentary breakfast too!!

Miami Beach Hotels by the BoardwalkMiami Beach Hotels by the Boardwalk

Miami Beach hotels in background of Cape FL lightMiami Beach hotels in background of Cape FL light

one of the many Ocean Drive Hotelsone of the many Ocean Drive Hotels

One of the Art Deco style hotels in Miami BeachOne of the Art Deco style hotels in Miami Beach

miami beach hotels

by andy.s

hi
we are visiting south beach miami in june, can anybody reccommend a hotel nearest to all the action( bar ,restraunt and clubs).at mid range price, and must have swimming pool, near beach.

cheers andy

by USanFrancisco

What price is mid-range to you?

by USanFrancisco

$180 to $250 is a premium range for Florida, even Miami. There's only a handful of hotels that are above $250. The part of Ocean Drive that is near Lincoln Road is the most happening part. However, these hotels are the orginal Art Deco style and most don't have pools, which you said is a must. If that's the case, I would recommend the Bentley Hotel. It's on Ocean Drive, a little away from the main action, but still not that far from it. It's across from the beach, price range should be around 175-225. Check it out on the net, I don't think you'd be dissapointed.

by USanFrancisco

If you have a car, you might want to consider South Beach Marriot as well.

by infalillo

I would recommend the South Seas. it's on the beach, 2 blocks from Lincoln Rd and has a pool.

by NaplesJim

I have stayed at the National on Collins, it is very nice, but may not be in your range. Remember South Beach has Hotels from $79(absolute dumps) to the Ritz Carlton for $500/night. If the reviews are horrible then STAY AWAY. Yes, the hotels in Sobe can be as bad as the reviews. Also, Ocean Drive is VERY VERY noisy until late at night,I prefer Collins Ave.Also, read the hotel amenities carefully,specifically about a pool, valet parking if you will have a car. If a hotel does not have valet parking(priced up to $30/night) you need to find your own parking. I have mentioned previously check in at the appointed time and carefully check the room,TV,AC,Towels,toilet not leaking,these are the problems with dumpy hotels in Sobe, and the front desk could care less about pleasing you especially if you booked on line. NO REFUNDS in So/Be, deal with a decent hotel(i.e.National,Raleigh,Delano,Loews,Ritz,Bentley)

Help Re Miami beach hotels!

by cahopkins1979

Hi
Im from the Uk and am coming over to miami in a few weeks time. Im having trouble finding a decent hotel though. I want to be near the beach, im not bothered if the hotels not that luxurious as Im a student on a bit of a budget as long as the area is good. Is the art decco district counted as downtown miami? please help! many thanks Cath

by NormaMacLeod

I was just there two weeks ago. Went down a couple of days to have some quiet time to myself before heading out on a Cruise with friends. I stayed at Four Pts. Sheraton on Miami Beach...$159 (a little pricey for student, but lovely). They upgraded me at no charge to oceanview with balcony...just because I asked! It's located on the 4000 Block of Collins Ave...very nice area with lots of hotels around it. All very nice. Quick walk on the boardwalk along the beach, and you see a lot of sites. Fontainbleu is two doors away with an exotic pool area, live ragae band, outdoor patio, but their room prices are outrageous. I just "used and enjoyed" what they had to offer. Aventura Mall is quite a way North, but you can use the bus system for $1.50 and just ask for directions...everyone is helpful.

by sunlovey

Hotel on Ocean Drive in South Beach right in the heart of the action-
Try The Colony or Pelican.
For a cheaper hotel, one street over on Collins still right in the middle of everything is The Franklin.

The Colony is not luxury by any means but it's right across the street from the beach.

Pelican is a bit more plush and more pricey with a GREAT restaurant.

The Franklin is CHEAP and it's a little shabby but it is totally fine.

by sunlovey

All three are in SOUTH beach, this is a very art deco area and it is not downtown, but it's definitely where you want to stay.

by duskyfl

Try the Cavalier hotel on South Beach. I stayed there last year and was given the suite overlooking the beach. It may be worth checking out hotels.com. or priceline.com for cheap hotel rooms at decent hotels.

I booked the hotel on there and only paid $75 a night. Not bad for a suite though.

by worldtrekker

The Clay Hotel is a good bet if you are on a budget. Part of it is a hostel so if you don't mind sharing that would be the cheapest way to go. You can also book yourself a single room with private bath or w/shared bath. Shared is between 2 rooms. It's 2 blocks from the beach. Nightlife and shopping are also within walking distance.

by miromi

yeah i would go with the clay hotel too. the rooms are nice, and the hostel is very pretty

cheap hotels

by kmac618

does anyone know where to get the best deals on hotels in miami beach? any web sites?

by midnight_mike

expedia.com, priceline.com, travelocity.com, hotels.com.... compare and contrast. You might even look to see if the hotel has its own Web site, as they may offer the lowest prices themselves...

There are many boutique hotels a block or two away from South beach. Some offer low rates...

by TXgal

There are many smaller, less expensive hotels in S. Beach. sleep-cheaper has great rates for the luxury hotels but if you're looking for cheap try The Tropics http://www.tropicshotel.com/ the dorm rooms are clean and it's 2 blocks from the beach. There are many other hostel type places to stay that are close to the beach http://www.thesouthbeachhostel.com/ or many more on hostelusa.com Search the Destinations section of the VT site, I'm sure you'll see many tips and get some good information.

by sleep-cheaper

Hi, look on my homepage: sleep-cheaper.com

Greetings from Germany

Joerg

by PeaceJoySmile

Priceline website is very good, if you know which Priceline map 'zone' you are willing to stay in.

The hotels further north on miami beach are often cheaper. (these hotels are in miami beach but north of 'south beach').

hotels directly on the sand are more expensive than hotels which are on streets further west of the beach.

Comments