4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 4.5 star hotels

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

The Hotel

After our 3 night stay at The Tides Hotel, we moved to one of the currently 'hip' hotels called "The Hotel", on Collins Avenue, just 1 block back from the beach, in South Beach.

Another Deco gem, The Hotel is recognisable by the tall 'Tiffany' spire on the roof. The hotel was supposed to the called Tiffany, but the famous Tiffany store's complained. So they changed the name, but kept the spire.

Unique Quality: The lobby area of the hotel is relaxed and the staff are friendly. One of the draw cards of the hotel is its roof top pool, which has views across to the ocean. It is certainly a spectacular place to relax and enjoy the view. There is a pool bar for that refreshing cocktail or beer, and you can order food as well. Also on the roof top is the fabulous Spire bar. Downstairs is the award winning Wish restaurant, which has some of the most amazing food I have tasted in a long time.

Our room was good, though a little dark. There was a large comfy bed and a cute bathroom with colourful tiles and a large shower.

We enjoyed our short stay at The Hotel, but could have done with another day or two to enjoy that roof top pool a little more!

Directions: South Beach

• AlekToronto's Profile Photo

my Fav in South Beach..so far..

Chic, exclusive, colouful..
    I love this small hotel located at Collins and eighth streets. I discovered this gem quite some time ago and would like to share my impression.
    Rooms are coulourful, the beds are comfortable and the rooftop pool is a beautiful escape from the madness that is Ocean Drive.
    Staff is above average friendly for Miami and housekeeping was prompt and spotless.

Unique Quality: small, killer rooftop pool area (not for swimming but lounging), great restaurant.

Directions: Art Deco District

More about The Hotel Of South Beach

Hotel Indigo/Bel Aire Hotel - South Beach

by Ewingjr98

The Bel Aire, soon to be Hotel Indigo, opened for New Years in December 2009. They opened too soon, as the hotel was a mess of construction, wires, boxes, rooms without hot water, and more problems. I'm sure the Indigo will be nice in a few months when they work out the bugs, but why risk your reputation for a few extra bucks?

We booked online and had no idea just how bad the hotel would be. When we arrived we parked along the side of the hotel. I walked in and saw just a construction zone and a computer on a card table, but no receptionist. After about 15 minutes of wandering around a lady showed up and started helping people check in, but in the meantime, many of the people who had previously checked in came by complaining of no hot water. About 45 minutes after arriving, we finally got to the front of the line and were given a room. Because of the numerous problems in other rooms, the receptionist actually walked us to the room so we could check it out. Since I had heard of the water problems, I let the hot water run for about 5 minutes before we accepted the room. Overall the room was pretty nice, but lacking a few basics such as an alarm clock, an iron, light bulbs, and working electrical outlets.

We ended up staying two nights at about $130 a night, and besides the construction, the hotel was OK. Our second day there, we got a note from the manager letting us know the hotel would soon be rebranded as the Hotel Indigo, the boutique brand of the Intercontinental Hotels family. One of their bragging rights is the hotel restaurant which is located in a house built in 1922.

The hotel has no parking, and not much of a drop off area due to all of the construction workers parking in the way. Nearby parking is about $20 a day in the city garages. The hotel has 135 guest rooms including 15 suites. There is also a nice outdoor pool along Washington Street in front of the hotel. Though they claim wi-fi is available, we couldn't get it to work.

Very disappointing

by RioRosie about Fontainbleau Hotel, Miami Beach

I guess the hotel has undergone an extensive multi-million dollar renovation. Unfortunately, we don't know what it's like.
We made our reservation in July and arrived as schedule in early November. We ere kept waiting to check in for more than hour. We were initially told that there was a security sweep in progress, but we later discovered that half the rooms weren't ready for guests--the renovations weren't completed. We were sent to another hotel where the Fontainbleau staff had reserved a room for us.
We later discovered that almost everyone on Miami Beach knew that Fontainbleau was not ready for guests. Bartenders, waiters, taxi drivers all told us that the reopening was way behind schedule. But the Fontainbleau management never contacted us prior to our arrival to notify us that the hotel wasn't ready. We were pretty much at their mercy.
When we got home again, we contacted the hotel management and complained about our treatment. They absorbed all the costs of our hotel in Miami Beach. It paid to complain.

Packing List

by sim1

websites and info useful for me to write my florida pages :

long key state recreation area : www.dep.state.fl.us/parks

Kennedy space center : www.kennedyspacecenter.com

House of Blues, Orlando

Hotel Miami : Beach plaza hotel

Excellent Stay

We were there for a friend's bacherolette weekend. The hotel couldn't have been more conducive for a group of friends to bond. First of all, it's a small boutique hotel. So, everyone's rooms were close to each other. Second, the pool was small but it had a great view. Oh and we had some fantastic meals by the pool. The food was definitely v. good. Third, our concierge and housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful. Fourth, the hotel was centrally located and thus, it was v. convenient to get to other places in South Beach. Fifth, because the hotel was centrally located, it was a bit noisy. But because I had read the reviews on tripadvisor.com on this hotel, I brought earplugs and wasn't bothered by the noise at all. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Great experience at The Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dje

We just returned from a great stay at The Hotel. Rooms were great overall, service friendly and efficient. Although they don't have specific rooms classified as non-smoking (they explained that they just spray to conceal any odors), we didn't have an issue with ours. Rooms are simple, elegantly furnished, and the walk-in rainshower was great! Unlike the properties located on Ocean Dr, The Hotel is one block off of the beach. Thus we avoided the late night "party" noise while only being a short walk from the action. A big plus, News Cafe is right around the corner. We'll definitely be back!

Wonderful Experience at The Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member worldtravellover_8

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Hotel the week after I graduated from College, in mid June 05. We stayed for 7nights 8days, and had an amazing time in Miami! The hotel was VERY CLEAN, and the employees were Fabulous (they were VERY welcoming, and answered any and every question we had. The location was PRIME, the surrounding restaurants and cafe's were amazing... I have to say the Clevelander (had the BEST FOOD), and also the cafe I think it was called the news cafe (this was the cafe that was behind the hotel on the corner of ocean drive), this cafe was very romantic at night and had great food and service. The Hotel was in a perfect location, and the perks of staying are you get your own chairs and umbrellas at the beach--for FREE (while everyone else pays $15 -a day).
Overall we just had a great experience we never had to deal with anything bad, we had no noise problems (and we were back in our room by 11pm so we would have noticed). The pool was very beautiful -but there was no reason to go to the pool since the ocean is so close, and the water was soooo warm.
Plus for those of you who are thinking of going Just the other day i saw the Travel channels Samantha Brown at THe Hotel and she also loved it...

My boyfriend and I plan to stay at THe Hotel every time we visit Miami from Now on

Great Hotel

The Hotel is excellent. Stayed for two nights in August 2005. Staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. Concierge and bar man were very helpful in recommending local sightseeing and nightclubs.

Room was stylish, well air-conditioned and very comfortable. The pool and bar on the hotel roof are a great addition and the complementary sun lounger on the beach adds to the ease of relaxation here. There is also complementary wireless internet access so a techy geek can take a laptop and email friends and relatives to tell that what a great time you're having.

If I had to pick a flaw I would say that there is a slight noise problem from other rooms but if you're really enjoying Miami Beach you'll be too tired to be kept awake.

Perfect weekend

My husband and I had a great weekend stay at The Hotel. This was our second visit, having last been to Miami over two years ago, and we were amazed that the staff still remembered us when we checked in. We have frequented other boutique hotels in other cities many more times, and that has never happened. The staff is so incredibly friendly and accommodating... we felt like family coming back home again. The rooftop pool and bar is the perfect way to lounge your day away, and the food at Wish is top-notch. This is the only place we will stay when in Miami.

Park Central Hotel - South BeachPark Central Hotel - South Beach

Breakwater Hotel MiamiBreakwater Hotel Miami

Hotel beach sth miami

by trecle

Hi Can I have your views on this hotel going there in a couple of weeks thank you in advance.

by Odinnthor

That would be, - what hotel...?...d;o)

by Odinnthor

I am guessing it is Hotel South Beach, - sorry never been there. Perhaps other VTers will chime in on this one....d;o)

by trecle

sorry its called the hotel ocean

by Odinnthor

Ahh, got it. I have been in there, but have not stayed there. It certainly appeared to be a above average hotel. Had dinner in one of their restaurants with friends that stayed there, but we did not discuss the hotel, - but then they did not complain either. Oh, the dinner was fine. Not exceptional, but fine.

by trecle

Thank you for your quick reply.

by Odinnthor

Anytime, - you may want to keep checking here, as we have a lot of members always eager to help....d;o)

by leoloco2978

I agree with everyone here. I have been there few times. It is little high end hotel. Kind of expensive. We were there for drinks and restaurant. But let me tell you this.. it is worth spending money.. you will enjoy the stay

Comments