The James Royal Palm

1545 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Good For No Data
  • cfritz75's Profile Photo

Huge Rooms & Great Location!

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in May 2004. Although traveling during the typical "spring break" time, we encountered no crazy partys or drunken college kids (although I was in college at the time haha). I traveled w/ my mom, aunt, younger cousin and her few friends, a girls getaway. We arrived at the hotel at the wee hours of the morning (4am) due to terrible flight issues from Seattle. Our rooms were not on hold, however we were quickly assigned two (small)suites next to each other. The hotel was gorgeous as you would expect for a 4 star (I think) hotel in South Beach. The beach access was wonderful, along with the chair/umbrella service on the beach by the hotel! The staff was quick and courteous.

We spent a few of the nights soaking in the hot tub, or pool which was surprisingly empty. Also had a few night caps at the small lounge in the lobby. They had a great peach margarita. Also spotted Busta Rhymes (rap star) and my cousin actually talked to him. The location was great for both wandering around Ocean Drive or the outdoor mall (Lincoln Ave?). I would recommend this hotel.

Directions: Collins Ave

More about Royal Palm

Great food & Prices at the Shrimp Shack!

by tpangelinan about The Shrimp Shack

Great seafood, friendly service and quick too! I believe this is a hot spot for local business people to eat as well. They have two locations,
13361 Metro Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33912
and
Royal Palm Square
1400 Colonial Bldv. Fort Myers, FL 33907 Fried Grouper Sandwich, and Fried Shrimp.
Hush Puppies, and cole slaw were excellent.

Collier-Seminal State Park

by KimberlyAnn

Located near the Naples, Florida area, Collier Seminole State Park has the varied vegetation and wildlife of the Everglades. Its tropical hardwood hammock is similar to that of the coastal forest areas of the West Indies and the Yucatan Peninsula. This is an area where the royal palm tree, rare in the wild, may be seen in its natural habitat. Some of the animals you may see are pelican, wood storks, bald eagles, woodpeckers, alligators, manatees, and squirrels. Black Bears, panthers, and crocodiles also live in the park, but are rarely seen.

Activities that can be enjoyed in the park are camping, bird watching, hiking, canoeing, fishing, and bicycling. The park also offers boat tours. These tours take you along the Black Water River. Your guide will tell you about the early settlers in the area, as well as telling you about the wildlife and plants in the Everglades environment. There is a boat ramp for launching your own boats, and canoe rentals are available in the park.

Collier-Seminole Park is located on U.S. 41, 17 miles south of Naples.

Subs and Pitas

by grandmaR about Miami Subs and Grill

According to the website: "Our founder, Gus Boulis, emmigrated from Greece in 1968 to begin a long career of developing and operating successful projects in the restaurant industry. In 1983, Mr. Submarine, a new upscale sandwich shop, opened in Key West, Florida. By the mid-eighties, this successful concept evolved to eventually give birth to Miami Subs Grill. Its new name better reflected the quality of food, variety of menu items, and the appeal of fresh food cooked to order. "

Now they have franchises all over the Florida, plus Indiana, MN, NJ, NY, NC, SC, TN and Puerto Rico.

In the early 90's, Miami Subs Grill partnered with Baskin Robbins. They added Arthur Treachers, and were themselves taken over by Nathan's Famous in 1999

The art-deco / neon exterior was featured in the intro to "Miami Vice". In addition to hot and cold subs, they have gyros, pitas, Greek salad, hamburgers, chicken breasts, ice cream and other desserts. They fix everything fresh so it's not as quick a fast food as many of them.

I have tips under Miami and Key West where we have eaten here. I've also seen the one in Marathon although we haven't eaten there.

You can find them in many Florida airports and in the turnpike service plazas.

A sampling of other locations in Florida include: 1920 S. Federal Highway

561/276-6533

76 East Palm Drive
Florida City, FL, 33034
305/248-1513

891 West Commercial Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33309
954/938-9400

4513 Lakeworth Road
Green Acres City, FL, 33463
561/641-3999

116 W. Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale, FL, 33009

1266 US Highway 1
Vero Beach, FL, 32960
561/569-9586

Crowne Plaza

I stayed at the Royal Palm for 3 nights. I thought the suite was rather small however, I did not complain because it was a free upgrade since there were no more standard rooms available. Our bathroom had a little odor to it however it wasn't unbarable. The service was excellent. The staff was very helpful and made my stay very pleasent. I will stay again.

Very good place to stay, in the centre of everything!

I' ve been there during the wmc on March.The place was very good lookin' and the staff was always friendly with us and very helpfull, this is not the first time we went in Miami Beach, but this is the best spot I ' ve been stayed. The pool is really nice, and not so small, towel are provided.The people, maybe because of the spring-break season, were quite young, and I had a great feeling with this place.Another great thing is the location.The beach is on the back side. Ocean Drive is just around the corner, next to the Royal Palm there are some of the best known and valued hotel in Miami beach, The Delano and many others. Lincoln road is just at a walking distance.And all the Clubs in Washington are just accross the street.there are at least three municipal parking nearby. One is just next to the Royal Palm, another is just accross the street and the best (I mean with the best price, just 10 $ for 24 Hrs ) is just 5 minutes walking distance on Ocean Drive.You find a copy every day of THE MIAMI HERALd just down on your door....I liked it.The rooms were very spacious and the bathroom was small but very clean.Anyway this is a very good place to stay in Miami Beach at a reasonable price.

Had a lovely time during Christmas 2003!

My wife and I spent the week of Christmas here and we were extremely satisfied with the oceanfront facilities and the wonderful service that we received at all times. The housekeeping staff did a very thourough job and the front desk personnel were always courteous and helpful, not to mention smiling. We felt special staying at the Royal Palm Crowne Plaza Resort while vacationing in beautiful Miami Beach! We specifically want to show our appreciation to Leonel who made us feel welcome and gratefully shared his knowledge of the area with us while on the beach. Mil Gracias to the entire staff!

You've Got To See This One!

My husband & I celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary at this resort, and can't wait to go back. The facilities are very clean, with lots of amenities. Our suite on the 15th floor gave us a beautiful view of the beach and Ocean Drive. The welcome that we received from staff made us feel like the most important guests at the resort. Any questions that we had were handled very professionally and quickly, by Mr. Bryant or one of his capable staff. We are especially grateful to the concierge, Patricio, and his staff Hugo, Alex and Jude. Our pictures are the envy of all of our friends & family. If you like Art Deco, beautiful facilities, and first-class service, please stay at The Royal Palm Crowne Plaza.

Nice, but not a four star hotel

The Royal Palm Crowne was a nice, but by no means a four-star-hotel, as they claim. We arrived very late--around 12:30am on a Sunday. The desk attendant was polite, but neglected to give us any information what-so-ever about the hotel. It wasn't until we checked out that we overheard a hotel employee tell some guests that there was a pool on the second floor! The room pamphlet told us how to order room service, and that was about it. Of course, we didn't get an oceanview room, as only a tiny portion of their rooms actually face the ocean. The room was clean, and beach chairs provided were greatly appreciated, so all in all, I can't say that I was unhappy with my stay. Three stars at most.

Miami Beach

by seagoingJLW

"Enjoying the Sun"

Early in the 20th century, some entrepreneurs who had made a fortune in the automobile industry decided the leisure class needed a new playground. So they dredged Biscayne Bay and created a man made beach paradise. Carl Fisher was the man who brought the sand up and let the water go to the bottom instead of the top. he also started a bridge across the bay.

Miami Beach became famous as the home of the "nice" millionaires as opposed to the "naughty" millionaires of Palm Beach. Posh hotels (Royal Palm and Halcyon Hall) were built. Art Deco sprang up almost overnight.

Celebrity residents were everywhere, including William Jennings Bryan and William Kissam Vanderbilt II.

The millionaires were followed by the upper middle class, who in turn were followed by the rest of society.

The Royal Palm, Cool place to stayThe Royal Palm, Cool place to stay

The Savoy Hotel or Double Tree Surfcomber?

by beachlvr

I just booked the Savoy for my mom & daughter. They stayed at Royal Palm last year and liked it a lot but they are full this year. I'd appreciate any info you have on the Savoy and the surrounding area. I was also looking at the Double Tree Surfcomber, which is closer to where they were last year. Any info on either hotel would be great!

Comments