The Park Central Hotel

Expedia.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Rated 17% higher but also costs 26% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Art Deco Gem

My stay here was awesome, friendly, detailed staff, clean rooms, and even internet hookup in the comfortable rooms.

Unique Quality: The Casablance restaurant downstairs was always nice, as is the sundeck on top of the hotel.

More about The Park Central Hotel

A Fabulous Hotel

I am Happy to say that this was by far the best hotel experience I've had in South Beach. I've never had a bad hotel experience but I must say that I was very pleased with the Park Central Hotel. The staff above all was the most courteous, pleasant and helpful crowd I'd ever met. The rooms were cozy and the beds were unbelievably comfortable. The location is extaordinary and the prices are very reasonable. The only thing that I was not impressed with was the food at Casablancas, everything lacked in flavor. However Quinn's is a fabulous place to eat. We will definitely recommend this locale to anyone who asks about where to stay in South Beach. We also look forward to returning in the near future!

Just what we were looking for!

by TripAdvisor Member sddalg

My husband & I wanted a quick trip for our 10th anniversary. With 2 small kids, we don’t get away often, so we really wanted everything to be just right. We were in South Beach several years ago & stayed at the Raleigh, but really wanted something closer to the action on Ocean Drive this time. While we enjoy trendy design, we really wanted something more in the traditional Art Deco style. We wanted easy beach access. We didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg. I spent a lot of time researching hotels, poring over the guidebooks, reading the opinions here on Trip Advisor, and finally decided to give The Park Central a shot. We loved it! We did pay extra for an ocean front room, which was very worth it (especially considering you’d pay twice the rate at the Delano for a view of the alley….). The room was a very comfortable size, with a corner window offering spectacular views down Ocean Drive. The bathroom was not huge, but not any smaller than the one in our 1970’s ranch back home. The vintage tile may have been cracked here and there (it’s a good 50 years old, I would guess) but the grout was clean and we liked the authentic touch. The bed was a fluffy cloud with a feather bed and a down comforter, 4 pillows, and nice soft high-thread-count sheets. There was also a good-size refrigerator (not a mini-bar)—nice to have. We found the service to be very friendly and helpful—traveling in May vs. March may have made a difference. I understand the hotel is in the process of replacing the carpet--our room didn’t have the stinky smell others have mentioned, and the carpet was a different pattern than shown in the pictures on the website. You can’t beat the location—many of SoBe’s hotspots are within a couple blocks, plus a couple off-the-beaten-track restaurants. (Try Puerto Sagua on 7th & Madison for a Cuban diner, the Gyros place ½ a block back on 6th, and Tap Tap about 3 blocks west on 5th for Haitian food & great mojitos.) The few minor drawbacks were the hallways (I agree that they are on the dingy side, but the hotel is 70 years old after all, and maintains the original interior layout, unlike a lot of others), no coffeemaker in the rooms (although you can run down & get cappuccino, espresso, etc at the restaurant to bring back up), and being charged $12 for a mojito at the hotel bar—we only did that once! My recommendations: ask for a room on the 5th or 6th floor even if you don’t get an ocean front, make sure you are in the main building, and ask for a room with new carpet. All in all, a great value for your money—I highly recommend it.

Very, Very Impressed

What can I say? The Park Central was absolutely fabulous!!! My fiance took me to South Beach for my birthday and we were so impressed with the staff, the hotel itself and the BEDS!!! We can not say enough about this hotel. From the moment we got out of the cab, it was superior service. The beds in the rooms are to die for. They are so comfortable with feather beds and light weight down comfortors. The pool they have is a great way to cool off after a day at the beach or just to sunbathe. There is a fitness center so you can keep in shape while on vacation. The sundeck on the 6th floor-great place to see the sunrise and sunset, sit and relax and get some sun. Quinn's Restaurant located in the hotel, all I can say is YUMMY! The food was excellent. But of course, it is on the expensive side but well worth it. The location is perfect!!! They are located towards the end of Lummus Park, 6th street, so you are not in a congested or loud part of South Beach but within walking distance to everything. I am really impressed with this hotel. This is where I will stay every time I come to South Beach.

Awesome Experience

My girlfriend and I just spent 3 days at the PC (June '04). And we loved it. There are soooo many hotels in South Beach and I wanted to make sure to get a good overall one, so I spent a long time checking out web-sites, and esp. the Tripadvisor reviews, which were very helpful.
The room was great: the beds are amazing like everyone says, large fridge, CD-Player, large TV with HBO, very pretty bathroom, nice size room: great.
The hallways are a little dingy, but everything is very, very clean and sanitary. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Quinn's, the restaurant, is good and well worth a meal.
The location is perfect: right on the beach, just a block from the Ocean Drive strip bars, so it's not too loud, but not a far walk either.
Just one minor complaint: we booked an Expedia package deal and got a room with view of the infamous back-alley (though this one's not that bad, I've definitely seen worse!!), on the 2nd floor in the corner. Now neither my girl-friend nor I were bothered that much by it because we weren't in the room that much, but others may be more picky. However, the room was in impeccable condition and very well-kept and clean.
Highly, highly recommended, esp. when considering the price and the bad experiences others have had in South Beach.

Wonderful Hotel!

Beautiful hotel in a great location. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The service is excellent. I really enjoyed the beach towels, lounge chair and umbrella provided by the hotel at no extra cost. I would absolutely stay here again.

Also, the restoration of the art deco hotel was done very well -- it was a real pleasure to see.

Great location and suited all of our needs

by TripAdvisor Member mmaese

Me & my fiance stayed here back in January but I finally had time to write a review, so better late than never.

We loved this hotel with its art deco glamour - the palm tree design on the carpet certainly made you feel like you were standing right there on the beach. It had a fantastic location right on Ocean street across the road from the beach and near lots of South Beach shops and neat places to eat. The rooms were clean and we had a lovely quick seafood snack one night before going out on the town - delicious oysters!!

The only downfall on our first stay (3 nights) was that we had a room next to where they emptied the rubbish outside and that made it very noisy at times , but when we mentioned it to the concierge they change rooms for our visit on the way back from the caymans.

We had a great time in Miami and think everyone should go. Dont miss out on Jerry's Diner if you want 24hr great food.

Have fun!!

Excellent hotel in July 2004

Stayed July 7-10, 2004.
Excellent accomodations and great location. Staff was courteous and helpful. Doorman Lian is legendary for information. Bed is "extra soft". Beautiful decor in room with great a/c. Small bathroom yet still fully functional. Stay acroos the street from the beach and the onsite pool is nice. Eat at the hotel restaurant outside at Quinn's and ask for the server, REX. He is fabulous and makes the meal an experience. Live (loud) Mexican music nightly from 7 til 11 so don't plan on turning in early. Partial beach view is ample. Noise from Ocean Blvd was minimal. Overall, would stay there again and again.

Colourful Art Deco in Miami

by Dutchnatasja

"Miami Ocean Drive"

The historic "art deco" district of South Beach, in Miami, Florida, is arguably one of the most successful urban restoration projects in the history of American architecture. Hundreds of buildings have been restored to their early 20th-century appearance.

"Art Deco in Miami"

"The Waldorf Towers"

The Waldorf Towers, at 860 Ocean Drive, was built in 1937. It was designed by world-renowned architect Albert Anis. In the early 1980s, its tower was deemed unsafe and nearly torn down. Luckily, it was rebuilt in 1985. The interior features an incredible terrazzo floor, a molded ceiling and original lighting fixtures. In 2001, the 40-room hotel underwent a multi-million dollar renovation. At night, blue neon encircles the tower and illuminates the signage.

"Ocean Drive"

"Art Deco"

"Breakwater Hotel"

Originally built in 1939 and located in the heart of the historic Art Deco District in Miami Beach, The Breakwater Hotel is the most renowned Art Deco jewel in South Beach.

"Park Central Hotel"

Built in 1937, The Park Central Hotel is known as "The Blue Jewel" of Ocean Drive. Faithfully restored and re-opened by Goldman Properties in 1987, it remains as impressive today as it did in the Golden Era of Miami Beach. Some of the most notable features are the three octagonal windows above the entrance, which leads to a grand lobby with excellent examples of etched glass and terrazzo floors.

Fox's new Florida Page

by gabriellefox

This picture was taken on the roof terrace of The Park Central Hotel overlooking the beach and the art deco district.

As with most of my trips, it was a mixture of business and pleasure, which led me to go to Miami Florida. There was a possible job opportunity here and this trip was really devoted to trying to get my teenage daughter, Sabrina to move out to Boca Raton with me.

We spent a week chilling in Miami before moving down the coast toward Fort Lauderdale and on to Boca Raton. I had booked to stay for 3 weeks to give Sabrina a taste of Florida, hoping that she would fall in love with it, as I had.

This was my daughter’s first flight outside of Europe and she loved the fact that we were upgraded! She loved our hotel in Miami and she loved all the attention we got from the men. At first...

Then she hated all the attention and being called a lesbian when she held my hand as we walked through a mall.

We had a great time, but it is a lot to ask of anyone to leave all their friends and family to start afresh in a new country. Sabrina was not ready to make that break so we had a great holiday.

Sabrina would love to go back for another holiday to Florida, but she still does not want to move there.

Park Central Hotel, MiamiPark Central Hotel, Miami