1423 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about The President Hotel

Loved The President Hotel

My close friends and I went to the President for Spring Break. It was fantastic. The Bar staff downstairs is Excellent. We got hooked up with all the local hotspots during our week down there. The rooms are small, but we spent only a very little time in our room while down there. The location is PERFECT, just a short walk to all the clubs, resturants, shops and the beach was less then five hundred feet from our room. My friends and I were a little worried when we read the Negative reviews online, but the hotel is fabulous. Very contemporary, drinks at the bar were fantastic. I would definatly direct others to this hotel, if you want to have a good time and you want to be in the middle of everything...

Don't waste your money!

Don't waste your money at this hotel!!!!
If something in your room is broken - don't expect them to fix it. Both the TV and "mini-bar" were broken. I alerted them on the first day I was there and everyday after that for 7 days. They never even offered to change my room(!) and when I suggested it they said "sorry, you have to stay in the room you booked".
Oh did I mention that the maids never vacuume and how RUDE the staff is??? The sheets were also never changed the entire week I was there... gross!
The hotel was also ant infested - but in all fairness, having lived in Miami before moving to DC, that's typical in the summer time. But when I mentioned it, their resonse was "there's nothing we can do about it"
There is no parking at the facility and it is $9.00 a day to have them park your car who-knows-where.
I'm heading back to Miami in Aug. of this year - I can assure you I will NOT be staying at the President hotel.

Try the Restaurant

The hotel was all about the location and price. But for a terrific taste bud experience, try the hotel's restaurant. The Greek salad was the most amazing, out-of-this-world, salad experience I've ever eaten. Definitely the finest feta cheese and the freshest of ingredients. The burger was...mm-mm dee-licious! A great little find for lunch or for a casual dinner.

unreturned deposit

The hotel and most staff were good for this price range, however I gave them a $100 deposit against my debt card to be returned when I left. I left early in the morning and forgot about the deposit. Called the manager the next day and another 4 times only to have her tell me that I signed off on it. I asked for a fax of my signature, which she did, but it was not mine. She said she trusted her employee and that I had no recourse.

A terrible experience..find another hotel

I stayed at the President from June 16th to 22nd and found it to be a miserable experience. The one bright spot was the bar/resturant staff. The front desk staff were unfriendly and unknowledgable concerning parking locations, nearby businesses etc. It took almost an hour to get checked in. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

RUN AWAY FAST from this place

I was in 2 different rooms--both of which contained roaches--
first they didn't have my room with 2 beds (which I paid extra for in advance) so we were left with 3 people/one bed. So we asked for a cot.....they brought up a cot.....but no bedding. Front desk staff TERRIBLE. They were unbelievably RUDE and completely unhelpful. I called for an iron and was told they had none. Then the toilet and bath clogged. I called.....no one's available to fix it. Then the phone breaks....i gave up at that point.

The beds were so old they creaked very loudly every time you moved and the floor was absolutely disgusting.

If you like stains, roaches, filth and extremely rude people, then The President is for you.

Loved the President

I stayed at the President the first week in June and I loved my visit there. This was my second trip to SoBe and this hotel was far better than last year's---and it was cheaper. The other reviews for this hotel were not good, so I was very worried before I arrived. However the place was great when I got there. The staff was nice, the bartender was friendly (and cute) and the manager was always willing to help and answer questions. My only issue was that there was no iron. The manager was made aware and found us one quickly.
Great stay for the price and right in the middle of the action. If I ever go back, this is where I'll stay.

Don't stay here!!

First of all we reserved 2 rooms in the President but they had our rooms split up with one at the President and another at a hotel behind them. There were 4 of us staying in one room and we had requested 2 double beds but they gave us one bed. When I called the front desk to tell them they hung up on me 4 times or just would not say anything when they answered the phone. We were moved into a small cramped room. The room smelled so bad but you could tell they were using some sort of deodorizer to cover up the smell. Everyone that came into the room could not stand it.
The other room was bigger for 2 people which was great but the toilet was running over and eventually would not flush. Called for service but never received so had to use toilet in lobby. SUCKY!! Then the remote did not work and they never came to service it either. When we went to the lobby to again ask for service they added us to a list that was a page long of which 5 others were for backed up toilets. DOES ANYONE NEED A MAINTENANCE JOB IN MIAMI??? THIS PLACE NEEDS YOU!!!!!!!!!

Avoid the President! A trap!

We are checking out NOW, two days early to move elsewhere because of the poor experience. Why ruin the whole trip? The list is long. Bottom line, the management is cheap, the staff uncaring and the facilities in bad shape. I was shocked at the attitude of the desk staff. I am losing two days of a prepaid room to get out of here.

A come back for sure!!

Good location, clean rooms, nice staff! I was afraid to go there after the reviews but I am very happy that I went there...affordable rooms and beautiful place!!

Breezes are salty and sultryBreezes are salty and sultry

Balans, South Beach, MiamiBalans, South Beach, Miami

Gold-digger on the beachGold-digger on the beach

The DelanoThe Delano

by mrkyle123

We got a really good deal on the President Hotel on collins in south beach. Spring break we stayed at royal palm crowne plaza! this is gonna be much different im guessing :( but its ok cuz we are paying less for roundtrip air and hotel for 7 days then we did for our 6 night stay at royal palm for spring break! :) So if you know anything about this possible roach motel please let me know, i cant change our reservation so it really doesnt matter but knowledge is power right? so let me know how much this place is going to stink so i can expect it! haha

Re: The President Hotel

by Lacristina

Hi!

I've never stayed there, but read the following reviews before you go!

Hope this helps!