The Shore Club South Beach

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com BookIt.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Avoid at all costs!

My partner and I booked a night at this hotel and were greeted by a rude staff and a urine puddle on the floor in our room. When we approached the staff about it we were not offered a resolution and left the hotel. We have contacted the corporate office several times about this issue and the puddle has now been blamed on us. We were in the hotel for less than an hour and charged for a full stay.

This is a horrible hotel. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS! There are much nicer, cleaner, and friendlier hotels in the SOBE area for the same price if not less.

• 932john's Profile Photo

The who's who of Miami Beach Hotels

The great thing about the Shore Club is that it's a one stop shop. You could spend an entire weekend here without leaving the property, and still experience the finest dining, spa, beach relaxation, entertainment, and nightlife Miami has to offer.

Room was extremely clean. Service was very good. All our requests were met with timely and friendly responses.

You would be hard pressed to find a hotel that offered more in terms of service, facilities, and amenities.

The hotel is right on the beach, and they have complimentary lounge chairs and towels to relax on the Shore Club's own section of the beach. Umbrellas available for a nominal charge.

Unique Quality: The showers are customized glass enclosed wet areas with unbelievable shower heads. Very spacious, functional, and progressive.

The pool scene is legendary and unparalleled. Excellent Pina Colada's and Mojito's from the Rumbar help the pool achieve it's decadent aura. Two infinity pools and a jacuzzi surrounded by lounge chairs, cabana's and multiple size tufted beds paint the picture of this hedonist wonderland.

Directions: End of Hotel Row on Collins St.

• nfacchi's Profile Photo

stay away, a shadow of its former self march 08

OK here is a copy of an email i sent to the shoreclub, morgans group. i stayed in their room king bed on march 14 - 17, 2008. read below because is important to know that this hotel is a total dump. dont bother with it, i know i wont go there ever again.

Dear sir/madam:

my husband and i have stayed at several Morgans hotels (Royalton, Delano, Sanderson, San Martins Lane, Hudson, ect) and i have never had any complaints until now. I booked a room alone for the weekend (arrival friday, departure monday) and i was put in the worst room i have ever stayed in: room 506, RIGHT NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR. there shouldnt even be a room next to the elevator because on weekends all you get in traffic and high noise and i was not once had been able to sleep without hearing drunk people yelling and screeming at 4 am. my girlfriend who stayed in a similar room didnt faired much better either. she was also very upset.

your outdoor areas leave a lot to be desired. i have never seen dirtier lounge chairs on the beach, they are eroded and FULL OF STAINS FROM FOOD AND OTHER NASTY STUFF. your beach was dirty, from plates from people who had eaten and left and no one cared to clean it up. it takes up to an hour to get a drink so most people including myself got everything from the truck next to your beach, you are surely losing a lot of money on business because everyone is eating from the truck due to your lack of service on the beach.
    also the umbrellas have seen better days and are all stained and disgusting.

the outdoor patio which at night looks very nice, during the day just looks terrible. old blue chipping paint, old, over-washed linens and pillows.. is this your idea of a nice resort? the ago restaurant food is simply disgusting even if the staff is nice, i dont go there for the staff, i go there to eat. a total let down.

your pool area guard was really rude when i couldnt produce my guest card right away, even thought he had seem me there for three days, he grabbed me by the arm and told me to go get my card.... that is not a way to treat a lady.

your pool area is painfully over-crowded, i know you want to make a buck,but is terrible that you let so many "$20 a bed guests come in. and dont say thats not true because i spoke with some of those guests curious of how they had gotten in.

the floor in the room was so dirty (i know is cement but still, i know dirt when i feel it) that when i walked barefoot i had to wash my feet. and that was the first day i arrived... a very dirty floor.

my room had a view to your garbage disposal area: you guys have a lot of nerve.

you have just lost a very loyal customer in me, i will make sure my husband NEVER AGAIN books us in any of your so called hotels. to be honest, yours is just in a very sad descent from what you used to be... its amazing that you have let this hotel fall bellow the standards of a holiday inn.

ah and to top it all off i went to your gym and there wasnt even soap and shampoo to wash myself off.... your hotel isnt worth the $525 a day i forked over for the pig box your call a room.

the ONLY good thing in your hotel is the concierge. Tomas and his crew were the only people that made my stay "bearable" but trust me, you will never see the lights of me at any of your hotels.

sincerely

Unique Quality: the only good thing about this place is the concierge.

• nfacchi's Profile Photo

stay away, a shadow of its former self march 08

HERE IS A COPY OF THE LETTER I SENT TO THEM AFTER MY HORRIBLE STAY AT SHORE CLUB:

my husband and i have stayed at several Morgans hotels (Royalton, Delano, Sanderson, San Martins Lane, Hudson ect) and i have never had any complaints until now. I booked a room alone for the weekend (arrival friday, departure monday) and i was put in the worst room i have ever stayed in: room 506, RIGHT NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR. there shouldnt even be a room next to the elevator because on weekends all you get in traffic and high noise and i was not once had been able to sleep without hearing drunk people yelling and screaming at 4 am.

also the umbrellas have seen better days and are all stained and disgusting.

my room had a view to your garbage disposal area: you guys have a lot of nerve.

ah and to top it all off i went to your gym and there wasnt even soap and shampoo to wash myself off.... your hotel isnt worth the 525 a day i forked over for the pig box your call a room.

sincerely

Unique Quality: take my word for it. i was there on march 14, 2008. if you have a lot of money stay at the setai. of you dont have so much money then stay at the raleigh or at the hotel of south beach which has a rooftop pool. the shore club is not worth it. even for their parties they are pretty much letting everyone in, i have never seen so many men alone, there were like 10 to 1 girl... thats never a good mix.

everything in this hotel is OLD. like its never been change. stay away, dont stay i didnt warned you.

• Stay Away

I stayed at this hotel with my friends from 3/31-4/2. I stayed here because it was the most expensive hotel in South Beach and my friends and I like to best. We were terribly unimpressed. The room had very cheap furniture, the phone didnt work, and the door handles had rust on them.
    The entire staff had horrible attitudes.
    We also went to this hotel because we thought it had a good nightclub ( the Skybar). We got a table at the Skybar on Saturday evening and it was terrible. The people there were all people from other hotels. It also seemed to me that most the people at this hotel seemed like they have saved for months just to stay at this hotel.its shocking but its true.
    I have been all over the world and this hotel ranks on the bottom of my list.
    I am taking the time out of my hectic schedule to write this to let people who are supposed to be at this hotel know that its not the place to go.
    Thank you.

Directions: South Beach

• Loved it!

I just got back from a trip Aug 9-14 at The Shore Club. I loved it. I have NO IDEA what everyone is talking about on reviews here and elsewhere about rudeness if you aren't a celebrity, unhelpfulness, etc. I went by myself for a treat getaway and to recouperate from an illness andc everyone there could not have been greater than they were. I did have the problem of the room key uncharging a few times. This hotel is elegant and upscale, very lovely. We did have Paris Hilton there and guess what? Us regular guests were treated just as well as anyone with a paparazzi following. I will go back again, as I go to South Beach 2-3 times per year. It is different than other places, so go with an open mind.

Unique Quality: Excellent balcony views. The wet room bathrooms were amazingly refreshing after a day at the beach and pool. If you require a coffee maker for tea/boiling water, you will have to request one as I did.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Shore Club

The Shore Club is one of those coveted destinations for South Beach vacations. The hotel is located on Collins Avenue right on the beach. To me, its a great place to go for dining (Nobu, see restaurant tips) and entertainment (Sjybar, see nightlife tips), but I wouldn't recommend staying here.

For one, the hotel prices are astronomical. Rates in the offseason are over $300 and they can double or triple for holiday weekends. And this amount of money does not buy you much space as the rooms are incredibly tiny.

There are a few perks in staying here. One is access to the beautiful pool area during the day. Another is priority access into Skybar and Nobu restaurant. But, other than that, it is little value for no money.

If you have the cash and the inclination to spend it, stay at the Lowe's instead. Your room will be larger, service friendlier and the Shore Club is about 2 blocks away.

Unique Quality: On South Beach, its all about the location. The hotel is in the heart of it all and is walking distance to the beach, Lincoln Road and countless bars and nightclubs.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Star struck with a heart-attack tab

One of the first places I've ever stayed in South Beach. Unless you are taking about 10K just to blow on alcohol and partying, there has to be a better way. No doubt this place is nice, the Skybar had a few celeb's over there, but its awful for people who are hospitable and don't think their asses are higher off of the ground than everyone else's. An aristocrats dream, a real mans nightmare.

Unique Quality: The good thing about this place is you will be amongst the sexiest people, perhaps a few actresses and actors. The bad thing is that you probably can't afford to eat how they eat and drink how they drink. I have bought a few bottles in my time, but the 3 and 400 a pop made me stay elsewhere. Save your money, instead of buying those 2 bottles of Dom P buy a RT ticket to Europe!

Directions: I think it was off of Collins near 18th block

• MOSSETT's Profile Photo

Summer in South Beach........

This hotel was excellent.
    We were staying 18 floors up ! What a view !
    We looked right over South Beach and the pool.
    The pool was very relaxing with giant mattress's all around it with massive cushions to chill out on.
    The rooms were very minimal and clean. Great bathroom - a wet room and all very modern and well kept.

Unique Quality: Excellent views, check out the roof top spa - wonderful massage !

Directions: On the beach !

• This ain't no Days Inn !!!

Stayed at the Shore Club in 2003 & 2004, going back again this June. We love this place...especially due to the low summer rate we always get. Can be very expensive at other times however.
    The Shore Club coolest Hotel we have ever stayed in. Hard to describe other than just plain cool! If your into watching Pretty People... this is the place to be.

E-mail us if you have questions, or need photo's.
    Highly recommend!

Unique Quality: The Pools, well they are GREAT, complete with huge lounging beds, and various other lounging arangements. If your a prude beware...toplessness is abundant.
    This Hotel also has the coldest air conditioning I have ever experienced, that and the sandstone walls and floors make the room and hallways seem like you in a modern cave in winter... not that this is a bad thing when it 90+ outside! This stone lining can create a noisey environment however as it absorbs no sound.
    The Bathroom supplies (ie.soap/shampoo/conditioner) are great as well, top notch.

Directions: 2 blocks north of Lincoln Ave.

More about The Shore Club South Beach

Us 4 @ the shore club at pre-dinner drinksUs 4 @ the shore club at pre-dinner drinks

View from Rooftop Spa at Shore ClubView from Rooftop Spa at Shore Club

Weather in August and hotels?

by taboo123

I'll be coming to Miami in the middle of August.Apparently it is hurricane season.Do you still recommend coming?

What is the weather generally like if there are no hurricanes?? Does it rain constantly or are there quick rain spurts and then it clears? Will we still get good sun and beach days?

Which hotel is nicer,The Delano or Shore Club?What is The Sagamore like?

RE: Weather in August and hotels?

by davesut

Hot, humid and guranteed heavy rain maybe even every day. But heavy rain for short periods of time usually. That said we had a great time but hurricanes you betcha life there is. How many hit Miami each year? You have to do a risk assessment of this.

RE: RE: Weather in August and hotels?

by taboo123

Hi,thanks for the advice.

RE: Weather in August and hotels?

by boliermaker94

I agree hot and humid and it usually clears up after the rain. I would still go though I think the Shore Club is nicer and has the best restaurant in Miami in my opinion which is Nobu. The Delano is pertty nice as well and has a very nice bar.

Comments