Tides South Beach

Booking.com Orbitz.com amextravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Splendid Ocean view

The tides is locate across from Lummus Park on Ocean, yet near the far end so it doesn't have all of the street noise as the ones on the lower end of Ocean tend to have. This place has had an extensive facelift completed since I first stepped in here years ago; the bar and restaurant look fabulous and are both very inviting. The rooms here are some of the most spacious in South Beach, though I can say the room furniture lacks the elegance you would expect (flimsy tables).

Unique Quality: Great location, awesome ocean views, and a very chic bar and restaurant make this a very nice place to stay. Also, if you happen to have a great deal of money to waste, I heard about a very interesting package the tides has to offer- for $400,000 USD (as of summer 2006), you can reserve the ENTIRE hotel for a 5 night stay, with dinner for up to 90 people at the nearby Versace mansion, as well as limos on call 24-7 and $1000 room credit for each of your guests....

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

The Diva of Ocean Drive - The Tides

We had the great fortune to stay for 3 nights at The Tides Hotel, in South Beach. The Tides is the 'Diva' of Ocean Drive. It is an extremely stylish Art Deco hotel, 12 stories high, across the road from the beach.

On the front steps of the hotel there is a bar and restaurant, which is a fabulous place from which to watch the beautiful people parade. The lobby of the hotel is understated class and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I had several email conversations with Edgar, the concierge, prior to our stay, asking about local restaurants and organising car hire, and he was very efficient.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a smallish pool at the back, which also has a bar. The lobby restaurant & bar is a popular place for guests and visitors alike, and it extends to the front of the hotel.

Our room was fabulous. It looked over Ocean Drive and the beach. It had a huge bed and a giant plasma television mounted on the wall. The bathroom was spacious and there was a dressing room area as well. It was bright and airy.

It is not a cheap accommodation choice...our room cost around 675USD plus tax, but it was a fabulous experience....and seeing as I won the trip, the hotel didn't cost us a thing!!

Directions: South Beach

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

The Tides, a celebrity favorite on Ocean Drive

Very luxurious hotel, which is favourite by many celebrities. I've never stayed in this hotel, but what I’ve seen of it, makes me to save more money, so I can spend a few nights here. I like the simple, but stylish interior and the light colours.

Directions: Right on Ocean Drive.

More about Tides South Beach

Amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member Wolfgang9495

We loved the Tides Hotel! I highly recommend the Tides if you are looking for a Trendy, Hip but quiet and relaxing hotel get-away. The hotel rooms were clean, large and airy. The staff was awesome. The pool was quiet (no kids). They treat you like a celebrity when you stay here. The Hotel is within walking distance to the beach (all rooms face the beach) and they provide umbrellas, beach chairs and towels. The Tides is lower key than the Sagamore, Delano and Shore Club.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member gopha

From the moment we arrived to the time of check out, we have never experienced such professional, kind, and quality sevice before. All the staff were fantastic and could not do enough for us. Every request we made was met and exceeded. The rooms, the food, the pool, the location were all fantastic. We also found 3 members of staff to be real stars, the pool lady, the morning resturant manager, and the head bell man, these three were most helpful and entertaining.

So I highly recommend you dig deep and book a trip to stay at Ocean Drives best (BY MILES) hotel.

The most elegant place in Miami

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Tides on April 20th. It was a business trip for him and turned out to be a really remarkable gateway for me. We usually stay at the Delano or Shore Club, but I always wanted to stay at the Tides, as I've heard that it is very elegant and understated. Well, it is that and much more - our room was almost twice as large as at the Delano. I was also surpised to see a huge plasma and an an oversized bathroom, which was just about average at the Shore Club.

We still went to check out the scene at the Delano and it was busy, as always, but coming back to the Tides felt almost exclusive and "over the top".

Most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in...

Was in Miami on business and luckily squeezed in several nights at this amazing luxury hotel. Tides' service, people, beachfront location and incredibly luxurious guestrooms put me on Cloud 9 for the entirety of my stay. Tides is perfect for honeymoons, special occasions or anytime you need an excuse to treat yourself.

Stolen Valuables & Poor Service

Our room was robbed and my laptop, and other personal valuables were stolen on the last evening of our stay. The manager was helpful only until we left the hotel - 5 hours after the robbery - after which it was impossible to get anything from anyone at The Tides to help us deal with the Miami Police. As a result, my insurance claim was lodged late and had to make do with only 1/2 of what i could have recovered. During our stay, the kitchen staff just did not care about our requests - nothing out of ordinary that we do not get every day in hong kong - while using the restaurant facilities. The wait staff only played the blame game instead of actually trying to get what we wanted. Although the bathroom is great, the room is old and carpets are smelly, plus the ventilation in the toliet cabinet is almost non-existant making unpleasant odors linger longer then they need to... All in all very disappointing stay for a hotel that claims to be among the best in miami beach. It was also a very bad way to end our honeymoon.

Not only look at Miami, just be in Miami!

by Dutchnatasja

"Clevelander"

Miami, definitely one of my favorites. At daytime you can shop till you'll drop or lay back at the beach. In the evening can can go eating in one of the delicious restaurants or have a drink in one the bars/clubs on Ocean drive. Watch people, or enjoy the music. There is something for anyone.

"Sidewalk tables at the Clevelander"

The Clevelander has an outdoor cafe, five glass-block neon bars and a swimming pool. If it is the sporting events you are interested in, they’ve got something for you too, a complete Sports Bar with 12 TVs featuring the latest in sports. The Clevelander also has a full-service restaurant with sidewalk dining. There is also a dance floor. It is located in the heart of South Beach. It is right on Ocean Drive and across the road from the beach. I must say; Great location to watch people, to enjoy the (live) music and to drink some cocktails.

"Miami Beach"

"Miami Beach"

"Ocean Drive"

"Tides Miami"

Tides MiamiTides Miami

Art Deco - Tides HotelArt Deco - Tides Hotel

Tides Hotel ExteriorTides Hotel Exterior

View from our room at The Tides HotelView from our room at The Tides Hotel

Celebrating birthday in south beach

by jessicaln

If anyone would like to give me a couple scenarios for a fun birthday evening for a late 20 something female and her boyfriend in south beach, please do so. Including dinner, drinks etc. Not too outrageous in cost. Probably either for a saturday, sunday or monday night. Thanks!

Re: Celebrating birthday in south beach

by pulgaron

How about a Princess casino cruise? Out of Bayside, at Downb Town Marina, or South Beach Marina, Miami Beach, Next to Monty's. Leave about 5pm, return around midnight. Dinner, music, and glambling

Re: Re: Celebrating birthday in south beach

by JoeNYC

There are plenty of good places to eat all over, especially on Ocean Drive. The Tides Hotel is a very cool place to eat right there and people watch. I would also check out the Delano Hotel's poolside bar for drinks after dinner. If you want to go to a club dancing there are plenty of options but I can't reccommend one.

I wouldn't worry about having a good time out. You can find something good to do just by walking around and trying to find a place to that suites you.

Have fun.