Venezia Hotel

3865 Indian Creek Drive, (formerly Malabo Hotel), Miami Beach, Florida, 33140, United States
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 35% less but rated 28% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Miami Beach

Eagles soaring around the highrisesEagles soaring around the highrises

Freeport International BazaarFreeport International Bazaar

Dig in Stef!Dig in Stef!

Having fun at Opium!Having fun at Opium!

When is "High Season" in Miami?

by xlntgraphix

When is "High Season" in Miami?

Re: When is "High Season" in Miami?

by pangaeatours

Basically the winter when the showbirds come down until after spring break when the college kids come down. It gets pretty hot and humid in the summer with afternoon rain storms then hurricane season starts in August when it really slows down. But always a good time to come down. Just more expensive in the winter.

Brian

Re: When is "High Season" in Miami?

by YVRDave

Right after the harvest......

Usually 18-21 Dec(depending when schools get out) until mid April. It can also get expensive in the summer

Travel Tips for Miami Beach

Gorgeous Beach

by jackfruit

You can rent a beach lounge chair for about $10 for the entire day (most until 4pm).

Since it was January, we needed a jacket everytime the sun went behind the clouds, but otherwise it stayed pretty warm.

Get your own water - $2 per bottle otherwise if you buy from the sand vendors.

Beverages are available at the beach office.
You will also find toilets and showers here. Great sand, well spread out beach and some much needed sun!

In a nut shell: a worldly & eclectic mix

by sunlovey

You'll find that Miami feeeeels very different from the rest of Florida. Heavily influenced by South America, and a bit by Europe as well. If you speak Spanish, you're in luck, as so does most of Miami.

Locals (in South Beach/Miami Beach/Coconut Grove) are friendly, warm, and pretty relaxed, probably due to the heat and the hypnotic effects of waves rolling in on their beautiful beaches. Life here revolves around the beach, even if not overt, it's an undertone.

People spend a lot of time outside, rollerblading, sprawled out on the beach, playing volleyball, walking their dogs OR sipping drinks (mojitos!) at sidewalk cafes. Dinner happens pretty late, nightlife often lasts through the following morning.

South Beachers are generally very aware of their appearance, and spend much time doing what it takes to look gorgeous (or at least try, sometimes it's scary).

The music wafting through the streets, shops, clubs and restaurants is mostly latin or house/techno.

Villa Vizcaya

by chrissyalex

This is a very popular place to visit , but I am including it on this page under this category because it is in Miami and not Miami Beach. Even if you have no intention of going into the city of Miami, you really should try to make the effort to visit here. It is gorgeous.
This Italian Renaissance-style villa was built between 1914 and 1916 as a winter home of International Harvester vice president James Deering. At the time, Vizcaya employed 10% of Miami's population. It is surrounded by picturesque fountain- filled gardens and while I was , at three different times I saw brides having their pictures taken.
If you visit here and just visit the villa and gardens on your own, you will enjoy it, but I highly recommend taking the 45 minute tour of the first floor of the villa which is included in the $10 admission.. There are many interesting stories and lots of history to Vizcaya and if you spend some of your time taking the tour, you will enjoy it even more.I plan to build a travelogue about it on my Miami page.
It is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. You are not allowed to take pictures or video inside the villa,but can take pictures of the gardens.
To get there from Miami Beach, take bus C or K to the downtown terminal and then transfer to bus 48 to Vizcaya. This will cost $1.50

Stay away unless you're a masochistic freak

by tasha888 about Opium

On a thursday night shortly after arriving in Miami. People were handing out the little bracelets for a free entrance to opium. We go there, they wanted my friend and I to pay 20 dollars each, and claimed that the bracelets would not get us in free until fridays, which was just a scam. Well, they waived my cover and charged my friend, and we are both females! We go in and I get my 7 dollar bottled water and she her ten dollar cocktail. The DJ is good. The crowd is pretty lame. We sat on an unoccupied couch. I went to the bar and got two shots with cranberry juice back. I got about what would be a third of a shot in any other bar in tiny plastic glasses, with two plastic cups each half full of warm cranberry. The bill: 24 dollars. I queried why because the last drink was only ten. Apparently, they charge for back drinks at Opium, a custom I have not seen before or since in any part of the US. Upon explaining to me that this is just how they do it at Opium, she got a little snotty and said she would only charge me 20 for the two "shots". Here's the kicker: While ringing me up, her fellow bar tender dumped our cranberry drinks out and put two small tiny shot glasses and filled them each with about a half sip of cranberry juice. Apparently he was listening in on the conversation and I guess he decided I should be punished. I was in fact polite and did not even refuse to pay to begin with.
Then I returned to our couch and was told that somebody had "bought" the couch for "vip" and we were soon to be kicked off. This was the final humiliation. Other clubs "reserve" vip and have a no seating area so that regular low-lifes like myself do not have to be humiliated and "kicked out" of an area. I have money and I have no problem spending it. This club just sucks. Period. Who cares?

Papaya at Mangos!

by balisunshine about Mango's Tropical Cafe

Right on 9th and Ocean Drive,
is the swinging and bouncy Mango's Cafe.

Something similar to a strip joint,
but with no sheding of their,
barely there synthetic leopard skin outfits..

The staff gets on the bar,
and starts shaking their thing,
while you sip your Mojito down.

Don't choke on one of their tropical dishes.

Some of these latin babies
really know how to shake!

Mangos is open 7 days a week