Winterhaven Hotel

Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
Orbitz.com Autograph Hotels Booking.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 40% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• traditional

We never saw our rep once at the Winterhaven (virgins fault)

The staff were ok if not a little uninterested in anything we had to say.

The rooms were small but that's been covered a lot on here. We didn't get a sea view room, just had a ally way.

Unique Quality: TV, air con, roof terrace,

Directions: art deco

More about Winterhaven Hotel

A cozy place to stay

I stayed in this hotel from May 13 - 17 (Th-M), the staff at the front desk were very nice, helpful and very pleasant. I was very pleased and surprised that they were able to accomodate my early arrival, I arrived 3.5hrs before check-in. I was very, very happy with their level of service, their housekeeping staff were even nice, the whole hotel staff were extremely nice. The lobby was beauitful, the staircase that takes you to the second floor lounge/sitting area is marvelous. The beach is right across the street, a lot of places to choose from to eat and hang out, the night life is a few a minute away within walking distance. You get supplied with The Miami Herald every morning, for those of you that are interested in reading the newspaper every morning. If you need a cab the front desk will call one for you, although there are TONS of cabs driving around Collins Ave and Ocean Dr.

There are only three cons about this hotel and they are: 1) their rooms are somewhat small, I would say they're "cozy", the bathroom was alitte bit small, they do supply you with enough towels and tolietries though, very happy about that. 2) Their continental breakfast isn't very continental, if you're on a low carb diet I don't recommend that you have breakfast here. Basically the breakfast consist of bagels and toast, jelly, butter and cream chesse with orange juice, tea and coffee. Both outdoors and indoors sitting area were really nice though. 3) The hotel doesn't have a pool or room service, they're version of room service is bring you $5 bottled water to your room.

If you're just looking for a place to sleep and shower, I would definitely recommend that you stay here. I might stay here again if I visit SoBe next year.

LOVED IT

by TripAdvisor Member Rubberduck124

I loved it, spacious rooms with great facilities huge TV and wicked bed had a good view of the ocean and a maid cleaned the room every day, the air con was a hude bonus! the staff were friendly and polite, giving info on the best places to go .was just accross the road from the beach and breakfast you could eat outside and people watch on ocean drive excellent

Will Stay again very soon!!

Beautiful hotel, great value for your $

by TripAdvisor Member Barbie Blue

The Winterhaven rocks! My friend (29) & I (31) went to SoBe for the 1st time and wasn't sure what to expect based on the reviews we read about this hotel, but once Amy checked us in, we were delighted with our choice! We had originally requested two twin beds, but since that wasn't available they put us in a spacious ocean view room with a queen and a sofa sleeper (and the bathroom was fine! no bathtub...so what! the shower worked just fine!). We were on the 5th floor center room which meant we had a spectacular view everyday! All hotel staff was very professional and courteous, we had no problems and only praise for all the staff.

We stayed here Aug 5 - Aug 12. This hotel is within walking distance of everything - clubs, bars, etc. We had a great time and we absolutely loved this hotel! The easy access to the beach right across the street can't be beat!! For those of you on a budget and don't want to spend too much $ on food, Raffi's around the corner behind the Winterhaven (on Collins) has very tasty & good Cuban style food!

Be sure to check out the hotel's Martini Bar run by the beautiful Sandra! She makes the best martinis I've ever had! She rocks! We especially liked the Bubblegum and Chunky Monkey Martinis! Tell her the California girls sent you :) We will definately stay at this hotel again!

The best value for money ever

by TripAdvisor Member mickpage10

We stayed at the Winterhaven on 29th & 30th July 2004, having chosen the Hotel after reading the positive comments on Trip Advisor. We had two Superior rooms on the 4th floor both with side sea views and they were absolutely great. The rooms were spotless and the bathrooms tastefully equipped, the fact that there was only a shower was no problem. The staff were all extremely pleasant and efficient and even the valet parking was convenient and a reasonable cost.
The breakfast was just fine and eating it on the front porch facing Ocean Drive was magic.
The location of the Hotel is perfect, just the right distance away from the action, we just can't wait to go back there.

loveable Staff - great Rooms

Wow, we was from 28 of August until the 10 of September 2004 In Florida- we didn't stay the whole time in this Hotel - because of the Hurricane Francis. But the time we spend there it was just great. The Staff (Annfaye - and the Women with red Hair - sorry, I forget your name) both are on theFrontdesk amazing friendly and helpfull - who is running this Hotel give them a raise of salery - you must be happy to have both working for you. The rooms are small but absolutly ok. The breakfast is just wonderfull - take a saet on the front terasse. And they have the best coffee - I ever had in the staates!
Thanks to the staff - even with the Hurricane Situation you gave us our vacation feeling back. I will stay for sure in Winterhaven - when ever I have the chanceto go back to Miami Beach!!

I'll stay here every time!!

I was very pleased with my stay at the Winterhaven. The rooms and bathrooms were small, but who cares!! How much time are you going to spend in the hotel room when you're on vacation??? The location was PERFECT. The beach was right across the street, and all the clubs, shopping, and restaurants were within walking distance. I was with a group of 4, and we were all pleased. I plan to stay there again when I visit Miami.

Best Bargain on the Beach

by TripAdvisor Member MissIzzy

What a bargain! We researched the web for a great hotel at a reasonable price, and did we ever find a winner! We've stayed at the Waldorf, W, Loew's, etc., but I don't know that we've ever had better service than we rec'd at the Winterhaven. It's true that the bathrooms are small, but certainly adequate and the name-brand toiletries were a nice touch. We had an oceanfront room and loved looking at the ocean. However, the hotel room wasn't our priority--we wanted someplace clean, reasonable, and close to the beach, and the Winterhaven met our needs and more. The front desk staff was super, the maid service excellent, and we even liked the free breakfast. We loved visiting with Sandra, the terrific bartender at the Martini Bar (open Wed-Sun). She makes the best martinis--be sure to try a Black Martini--fabulous!! Tell her the couple from the Bible District sent you. Don't miss Raffi's for reasonable Cuban food, the Sandwicherie (very reasonable--great French-style deli), and Tapas & Tintos on Espanola Way (about 3 blocks from Ocean Drive--fabulous food)! I don't think you can go wrong choosing the Winterhaven. It's a beautiful, art deco hotel with clean rooms and a terrific staff. Hope your stay is as great as ours!!

Beautiful, Cheap and Great!

by TripAdvisor Member nathanl

Stayed at the Winterhaven for 8 days. In Miami for the Louisville vs. Miami game. The Winterhaven is just GREAT! As any deco hotel it has small roooms but that is to be expected.

This hotel is on the North end of Ocean Drive and that makes a huge difference when you want to be close to the action but still want to get some sleep.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The bar is nice and the veranda is so nice. You can really enjoy the Continental breakfast they serve every morning or the relaxing evenings there.

You will not find a better deal than this place so close to the beach. Met a person that stayed at the Ritz within just two blocks of the Winterhaven and he paid $300 a night. We paid $59 for each weeknight and $89 for weekend night. What a difference! (This was an internet deal I found throught -------------). The beach is just 200 feet away. The beach is the best one that I have found in Florida!

For the money you get so much more! Stay at the Winterhaven!

Thanks!
Nathan Lynch
--------------------

Pretty Much Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member JohnEverson

Very very good value for money. Excellent location. Luxurious, with the bonus of a very adequate continental breakfast included in the price. Not too far from the city parking garage. Go there!

Accomodation at Miami beach

by sanvic

We want to stop two nights around ocean drive, Miami so can anyone advise a reasonable hotel and/or the situation in regards to parking because we've heard most hotels don't have parking and you have to park else where.

Thanks a lot,

RE: Accomodation at Miami beach

by aloha088

Hello,

Ocean Drive is located at Miami South Beach. What kind of hotel class are you looking for? I can recommend you the Winterhaven hotel is a nice hotel (middleclass) direct on Ocean Drive - but there are plenty....
Parking is a problem. There are a few parking blocks, but it's expensive, road-side is metered parking. In some living areas you can park at the side of the road without paying, but then you have to walk a bit to get to your hotel.
enjoy the best place on earth!!!
Jacqueline

RE: RE: Accomodation at Miami beach

by sanvic

A 3/4* rating is what we were looking for 2 nights. If you have to walk to your hotel after parking your car, how safe is it? Also, how many times have you been? Any places you would recommend seeing while we were there? We're four adults (no kids).
Thanks for the reply,

RE: RE: Accomodation at Miami beach

by aloha088

Winterhaven Hotel is a nice art-deco stile hotel. http://www.winterhavenhotelsobe.com

There are heaps of other firstclass hotels not only art-deco stile as well modern buildings.

I was in South Beach for 3 months in 2002 and again for 2 weeks in 2003.

It is very safe to walk in the streets of South Beach, even at night. First to fifth street where still a bit unsafe when I was there, but they are cleaning up and building new apartements and hotels, probably it became the place to be - I don't know. If you feel uncomftable, take a taxi, they are cheap.

what month are you travelling, where else are you going, what are your interests??

Things to do:
- sunbathing and swimming
- people watching from street cafes
- excellent dining opportunities
- nightlife: clubs, fancy bars, rooftop restaurants,... everything you like. If you look for a very nice, relaxing bar check out Hotel Delano or Shore Club, directly on the beach. Both are expensive (about USD 10.- a drink) but you probably never find a bar of this kind again...
- shopping: plenty of Boutiques in South Beach; Aventura Mall in North Miami Beach, other big Shopping Malls in Down Town, near Airport. All reachable by public bus.
- Everglades, swamp with aligators and heaps of birds. (1/2 to 1 day trip)
- Florida Keys. Excellent Snorkeling at Key Largo. Key West a little town which needs to be seen to be belived; domenican Republic feeling, colorful houses, nice bars and restaurants. Mimimum 1 day trip (very long day, 2 days would be better).
- Miami Seaquarium