100 N Alexander St, Mount Dora, FL 32757

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Vintage is not the word it is old and not taken ca

DO NOT USE THIS INN!!!!!!!!!!! WE GET THERE AND IT LOOKS NICE FROM THE OUTSIDE AND EVEN THE MAIN LOBBY IS OKAY, BUT THEN YOU GET TO THE ROOMS!!! DIRTY, DIRTY, DIRTY!!! WE STAYED IN THE TERRACE SECTION. OKAY ON THE WAY IN TO THE ROOM IT LOOKS LIKE IT NEVER I MEAN NEVER HAS BEEN CLEANED. THEN WE GET INTO THE ROOM IT LOOKS OKAY FROM THE BEGINNING, BUT THEN YOU GO IN THERE WINDOW AC, WHICH OKAY IS NOT BAD, BUT THEY ARE TINY AND DO NOT GET THE ROOM VERY COLD, THEN ON TOP OF THAT IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE 2 BEDS AND IN THE 2ND ROOM WAS ANOTHER WELL ACCTUALLY IT IS 2 BED AND A VERY NASTY GROSS (IT HAD BLOOD STAINS AND DEAD BUGS) PULL OUT COUCH, ON TOP OF THAT THE FRIGE ARE THE VERY SMALL ONES AND THEY DONT GET COLD ENOUGH, THERE WE EXTRA BLANKETS IN THE CLOSETS, THAT WAS SO DUSTY AND HAD DEAD BUGS IN IT. THEY DONT HAVE EXTRA OF ANYTHING AT ALL, PILLOWS AND SO FOURTH. THE CHARGED ME 370 FOR 2 NIGHTS FOR THIS DUMP AND ON TOP OF THAT THEY GAVE US COUPONS TO USE AT THE INN, WHICH WAS GREAT, BUT THEY ENDED UP CHARGING US AT THE END FOR THOSE SO CALLED COUPONS, ALSO WE WENT TO GET BACK INTO OUR ROOM AND THE LOCK CAVED IN AND NOW WE CANT EVEN USE THAT DOOR, ALSO THE PHONE BOOKS THEY RIPPED OUT THE RESTURANT PAGES OUT SO THAT THEY THINK WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY YOU WONT BE ABLE TO FIND ANOTHER ONE!! THE ONLY PLUS IS THE VIEW IS THE POOL WAS A GOOD SIZE, ALSO IT IS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO DOWNTOWN MOUNT DORA. I FORGOT TO ADD THAT I FOUND A RAZOR HEAD, AND A BROKEN PIECE OF GLASS UNDER NEATH THE BED WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR MY KIDS SHOES, ON TOP OF THAT I WOULD AND WILL NEVER USE THIS PLACE OR EVEN RECCOMNED THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. THIS PLACE WAS JUST TOTALLY RUNNED DOWNED NOT TAKEN CARE OF, OBVIOUSLY THE LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT THEY CHARGE PER ROOM FOR THIS PLACE IS NOT GOING BACK INTO THE INN........ ALSO THE PICTURES THEY SHOW IN THE LOBBY AND ONLINE ARE NOT RECENT SO DONT BE FOOLED, THE BEACH SIDE SHOWN ON THE WEB IS NOW OVER GROWN YOU CANT EVEN GET TO THE BEACH FROM THE WEEDS, WHICH WE SEEN 2 GATORS SO NOT SURE IF YOU WANTED TO BUT JUST TO KEEP IT UPDATED.

Unique Quality: GOOD POOL SIZE, NICE VIEW OF LAKE AND CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN

Directions: 4: US-441 N/ORANGE BLOSSOM TRL S
    5: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto CR-500A 2.0 mi
    6: Turn LEFT onto E 5TH AVE 0.6 mi
    7: Turn LEFT onto N ALEXANDER ST. 0.2 mi

• doug48's Profile Photo

on beautiful lake dora

in my opinion the lakeside inn is the best place to stay in mount dora. this historic inn was built in 1883 and was named the alexander house. in 1893 the alexander house was sold and the name was changed to lake house. in 1903 the name was changed again to the lakeside inn. a number of famous people have stayed there including thomas edison, henry ford, president calvin cooledge, and president dwight eisenhower. the lakeside inn offers a restaurant, bar, pool, and a beautiful view of lake dora. a nice place to stay to get a feel of old florida. the lakeside inn is listed on the national register of historic places.

Directions: downtown mount dora lakeside.

More about Lakeside Inn

A teriffic experience!

After having read recent reviews, we hesitated to book a room, but decided to give it a chance. We were delighted that we stayed, our room was clean and charming. The staff was exceedingly helpful, and the rocking chairs on the veranda provided an excellent view of the lake and the sunset, it was even charming in the rain. We inquired about extending our stay due to the hurricane, and were told that they had a special "hurricane rate" as of Sunday night of $99.00, so we are extending!!! P.S. The food was superb.

Ruined Anniversary

by TripAdvisor Member DocBG

My wife and I had the misfortune to spend our 10th anniversary at this Inn.
Upon arrival we pulled back the dingy spread and found body fluid stains on the sheets (promptly changed by housekeeping). At dinner there were two waiters for the entire dining room and service was so slow we had to take our desert with us to avoid missing the theater (the food was very good). From midnight until 2 AM there was running, shouting, and doors banging up and down our hallway. The walls and floors are paper thin, but this was absurd. A call to the desk brought no security or relief. Upon checking out, the manager offered us a $50. deduction from the $300.00 bill--little compensation for a completely ruined anniversary experience-- then I recieved a credit card charge two weeks later for $32.00 they said had been missed on our account! I would never, ever return to this establishment.

Somewhere In Time

My girlfriend and I arrived late Saturday Night and promptly checked out the lounge where we found a charming trio with one of the best piano players I have ever heard. Warren Parrish was masterful on the piano and the people there let us know that he had played with all the great bands of the 40's and 50's including the Great Benny Goodman. There is no money available to pay for that quality of entertainment. Listening to him was pure pleasure and one I never expected. Marvelous addition to this quaint and charming old world hotel on Mount Dora lake. I really felt I was Somewhere in Time and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. The brunch rivals the brunch at the Del Coronando Hotel. I think that says it all.

Don't go- I read the reviews, but still went

I read five reviews and 4 were bad, but I still went. I made my reservations in October 05 for a stay in Feb. 06 and still did not get the room that I requested; non-smoking (One of the 4 reviews I read had this problem). There was not enough parking. It took 10 minutes of running water to get hot water. The front desk did not even say sorry about the room. I canceled day 2 and left! Never again and I would not recommend it to anyone!

Dont waste your money!

by TripAdvisor Member keysbabe

Called on a Sunday for a room for one person for the next night (Monday)and was quoted $160. I asked if possible to get a lakefront room and was practically laughed at. I checked in at 3pm and was treated to one of the front desk women talking about another guest who was "a pain". You can unload you car out front but, need to park far frm room.The room I got was not even close to being nice. Furniture, lamps etc from Home Depot. Bygone days? Room needed painting. There was hardly another guest in the entire building and they could have easily upgraded me to something nicer. In the morning I ate breakfast at the restaurant...$15 and I had to chase the one disgruntled crabby waiter down for a second cup of coffee. I wrote a note to the manager and suggested he contact me. I'm still waiting! I was in Mt Dora for two nights so switched to the Mt Dora Historic Inn and enjoyed it there.

Never Again

My Husband and I Stayed at this suppose to be bed and Breastfast. Rooms were terriable
Bathrooms Dirty. Tiny bath Towels Good thing i brought my Own. The Weekend we stayed they had a big Wedding and there were people Making noisy all night long almost like they were in our room. Did not get any sleep at all. noise finally Stopped at 3am But started back up at 6.00 am Couldn't wait to get out of there. We Paid alot of money for this Hotel
and it was the worse one i ever Stayed at. I think if we had stayed at motel 6 we would have gotten more sleep. Not even a Coffee pot for coffee. I Never Stayed at a Bed and Brestfast that didn't give you Coffee and Breskfast. I wiil Never Stay there again. I Will take My 450.00 and Stay somewhere else. The Noise Was horriable. I just Wanted to Cry because all i wanted to do is get some Sleep before Sunday Morning for a long Drive back to ft lauderdale.

Lakeside Inn not worth the aggravation !

by TripAdvisor Member RLH87

Stayed in Mt. Dora at the Lake Side Inn on a few occasions, always thinking the problems we had there were bearable. But, this is our last time. Upon arrival, we were told our room had been given to others who had decided to stay over another night. Had to settle for 2 doubles beds and not the king size bed. Had asked during reservation time for a 'smoking room', could have a king size bed in non smoking room, but would have to pay $25.00 per day to smoke there. Quickly realized (with all the noise) that 30 teenagers and their chaperones had booked the entire length of our stay (2 nights & 3 days).....we were not told this at time of reservation. Wanted to have evening swim first night and the pool was basically reserved for the 30 teenagers, second night's swim they had a DJ who played very loud music (Rap Music) all evening until around 10 p.m., in the pool area. Entire yard area was turned into a very loud volleyball game all evening long. Much noise throughout the stay in the hallways, both day and night. Staff not friendly, no consideration to other guests for inconvenience. Be sure to know if there is a wedding or a large party at the time of your visit, all staff will cater to them. Parking is far from the rooms as well. This quiet area of Mt. Dora has become quite different than their website proclaims. I will not go there again and I will not recommend this place to my friends. This quaint old Inn has all the elements (from the outside) of a quiet and safe stay.....but, this is not the case. The first night there were 2 police cruisers parked in front (learned later they were there for extra security of a 'very important person').....have no idea who that was. Second day a police officer was there to investigate vandalism on the pier. Don't bother going....you never know what may be going on there.

very disappointed

My husband and I had a reservation for Saturday night, June 3, 2006, to celebrate our 43rd anniversary. I was told the room would be ready at 3:00 p.m. We slowly drove from our home just outside Jacksonville down to Mt. Dora, stopping at antique stores along the way. We arrived at the inn at 3:30 as we were hot and tired and wanted to relax and take showers before going out to dinner. There was much activity going on cleaning up from a wedding and we were told the room was not quite ready but would be in just a few minutes. An hour later I questioned the lady at the desk again and was told it was still not ready and she wasn't sure when it would be but she was "sorry for our inconvenience." I reminded her that check-out time was 11:00 a.m. so why was the room not ready? She said everyone was concentrating on cleaning up from the wedding. (What they were doing during the wedding is unknown!) My husband did not like her attitude so we left. I had always wanted to stay there but will never never contact them again!!

Comments