Doubletree Guest Suites Naples

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Doubletree Guest Suites Naples

A Blueprint for other hotels

by TripAdvisor Member tcodea

First I'll tell you what went wrong: NOTHING!

The Doubletree Guest Suites Naples was a great experience:

-The "Sweet Dreams" bedding was just that. We slept an average of 10 hours every night of our 7 nights.
-The cleanliness of the suite was immediately apparent. There was an abundance of towels and a very nice selection of Neutrogena toiletries.
-The set up of the room and all amenities appeared and matched exactly as portrayed and listed on the Doubletree website.
-The pool/jacuzzi, gym, restaurants and grounds of the Doubletree we're like the room; immaculate.

I could go on and on about the facility itself but what truly enhanced our stay was the staff and their seemingly unshakable commitment to customer service. No matter what level of staff or time of day all members greeted us warmly and continually enquired as to whether we needed anything. In particular the concierge Robin Jill stood out with her in depth knowledge of the area and her obvious genuine concern about the customer experience. From the condition of the facility to the recommendation of a waterfront restaurant (HD's, it was great!) and the lending of beach chairs and umbrellas our stay was perfect. We'll be back the same time next year with our children and parents for a two week stay this time. Thank you Doubletree Naples for a great part in an awesome Naples vacation.

Wonderful Hotel, Wonderful Stay

What a GREAT hotel, we stayed over the 4th of July, it could not have been better. The special gifts our kids recived from the front desk and all the extra items in the room which is a suite, great for keeping the kids in a different room so my husband and I could relax. Everyone in the hoel could not have been more attentive to us. Everytime we past the desk someone asked if we would like another delicous chocolate chip cookie. What a great stay. From now on this is our hotel of choice!

The Bed was more comfortable than our own at home!!

by TripAdvisor Member WyoCowboysFans

From the beginning, our experience at the Naples Doubletree was perfect! The guest services attendant promptly checked us in and was very friendly. (Which, I might add, is not so easy to come by these days!) Our room was spotless and everything was in it's place....perfectly! The bed was to die for- especially after flying into Florida with a screaming child from hell, the bed was a welcomed delight! We didn't get to use the pool area- as it was raining our entire stay. But back to the bed...I'm at home now trying to make arrangements so that my own bed at home is identical to the night I spent at the Naples Doubletree. For the $$- there is nothing better that beats this place!!

Why stay anywhere else? I wouldn't.

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaTourist2006

WOW, what a great find this hotel was. Absolutely great place to stay, there's nothing that I could say negatively about this hotel at all. The service we received from the moment we checked in was without dount, the bext hotel that we staying at in Florida. And if we had 1 cookie, we could have had 10! They were that good, I even bought a tin for my mum (only 10 bucks!).

From check-in to check-out we were treated excellently. We paid for the beach package, & although we didn't actually get to the beach, everything else was spot on. The location of the hotel was great, great shops & places to eat on every corner.

We only stayed the night so didn't get much time to explore Naples, if I came back, I would deffinately stay here again. Excellent value for money.

Terrific

by TripAdvisor Member BrennaBee

This place is Terrific, the check-in was smooth, the homemade cookie & water nice touch. I stayed 4 nights, the hotel is on 41 five minutes from the Beach. The rooms are well appointed, with frig, sitting area, nice bath, and quiet. The pool is also lovely and open until 10pm, and the staff is very helpful. If your looking for a lovely place that won't break the bank stay here.

Horrible experience at the Double Tree

by TripAdvisor Member rkinchen2

Checked in only to find out that there would be no water in the hotel the entire next day. No phone call or email to advise of this in advance-booking was made 2 weeks in advance. Was told water would be on by 4pm the next day--the water did not come on until 6:30 that night and then there was no hot water that night or the next morning. The staff made no attempt to refund any money for the 3 nights ($412.00) we were there with little to no water. Nice hotel, but let's be real, there are many other nice hotels in Naples that would have let guests know in advance that they would be unable to shower or use the toilets for 2 days. Will not returm to that hotel again and if you decide to stay there, you had better hope you do not run into any unexpected problems, or you will be SOL.

Thank you TripAdvisor!

by TripAdvisor Member RhoDylandAnne

Thanks to the three hours I spent on line, and with special thanks to TripAdvisor reviewers, I selected and my husband and I both LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this hotel for our 8 day/7 night early December 2006 Florida vacation. Staff was friendly, the two restaurants were great, the pool really was heated as purported (although there were problems on the first two days, they were resolved for the rest of the stay. We had experienced other Florida hotel pools that were distinctly chilly in December,) and we particularly enjoyed the extra room in our two-room suite. Our Florida-based grandchildren visited us over the weekend, making the two-television (one in living room, one in bedroom) offering especially useful. We all enjoyed the Ghirardelli chocolate chip cookies, and the whole family had a terrific dinner at Charlie Chiang's. We booked directly with Doubletree for the AAA-discounted price; which, at $89, was by far the best option in any I saw for that period in my extended Internet search. We can't wait to go back.

Loved the Doubletree! Will be back for sure!!

by TripAdvisor Member Florida_Love

My husband and I stayed at the doubletree last August for a long weekend. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Welcoming staff., Great Beds, Large Room and Great Pool. Close to the beach and many restaraunts. Will definitley be back next time we are in Naples!

Clean & Nice, staff was so-so. Ill explain...

by TripAdvisor Member ndnstudent2001

I stayed here Aug 2006. I booked the room through doubletree.com which was a mistake. My rate was $215+tax, when other sites had it for about half. Please remember this when booking! However, this was my fault, not the hotel's fault, so Ill take the blame for not shopping around.

The hotel is very clean, kinda small, but nice. The pictures make the lobby seem grand, but its not. The fountain outside doesnt run all day, so dont expect much from it. It is just a regular hotel.

Beds were gorgeous and very comfortable. Hilton Pillows are my absolute favorite. My room had a balcony which had a view of the street and parking, it wasnt very pretty but it was okay.

The pool was okay - it wasnt too big, and it was semi-clean. There were some stains at the bottom and some tiles were coming out, but it was good. The small pool/jacuzzi was kinda gross. The timer didnt work properly and would shut off every 5 minutes. There is a BEE and BUG problem near the pool. Be careful!

The breakfast is an additional $8 /pp but if you book it in advance, you get it for $5 /pp. It really isnt very good. I would recommend that you go down the street to a McDonalds or Ponderosa.

The staff:

They were nice when I asked them for beach towels, etc. When I asked for a razor or toothpaste, they directed me towards their gift shop which sold a baby toothpaste for $3.99. Most Hiltons Ive stayed at give you this for free, if you dont have it. A similar thing happened when I needed a bandaid from scraping myself near the poolside. $4.99 for a travel size bandaid kit. Too bad. They do give you ONE free cookie upon checking in and a bottle of water, which is a nice welcome. The rooms were ready on time.

WHAT REALLY TICKED ME OFF:
I wanted to mail a letter. I asked them for a stamp and an envelope. Envelopes were free, and they charged my room 40 cents for the stamp ( when I asked for a stamp, they just said, "Sure, here you go" but when I checked my bill, there was a charge. I dont mind the charge, but tell me when youre charging me. ) After I packed everything, the lady said she would mail it for me. SHE NEVER MAILED IT!

If you have any business to attend to, I do not recommend this hotel. Their business room is not open 24 / 7 and there is always someone on it.

I would have given this a 4 star if I did not get screwed by the staff when it came to the stamp, the bandaid, and the toothpaste.

Very nice family spring break destination...

by TripAdvisor Member vanwagd

We chose this hotel to get away from Ohio snow for spring break. We stayed from 3/30-4/6/2007, and overall had a lovely time.

The staff was very friendly. Housekeeping was excellent, and the room was very comfortable. Loved the mattress and pillows!

Our kids (13 and 15) loved the pool, and it looks out over a very pretty river. The pool was well maintained and clean.

We all appreciated the free high speed internet.

The attached restaurant was excellent, both with respect to food quality and service.

We made day trips to the Everglades, the beaches, and several nature preserves in the area. We borrowed towels for the beach trips. All of the staff were great with providing directions and advice on other places to dine.

Our primary irritant: smoking rooms are sometimes next to non-smoking rooms. We have no public smoking in Ohio, and ended up staying next to a chimney...

The residences behind the beachThe residences behind the beach

Old Naples area in Naples, FLOld Naples area in Naples, FL

Alligator SwimmingAlligator Swimming

Key Lime PieKey Lime Pie

Moving to Naples?

by Naptown

I am a 27 year old guy thinking about moving to Naples. I have a good friend who lives there and she loves it. Of course she met a rich older man who takes her on various vacations and pays for everything but that is a different topic :).

I have visited Naples once for a week last New Years. I thought it was a beautiful town with with wonderful beaches. The beach and outdoor activity year round in hot weather are perfect for my personality. I wonder if Naples is a good place to be if you are young, single and middle class? I sensed that there were a lot of older, wealthy persons located there and maybe less of the 25-35 year old crowd? I think I can find a job fairly easily in the area so that is not an issue. I just want to know if it is a good location for a young guy who likes the laid back nightlife and would like the chance to meet somepeople in his age group. I am also considering Fort Myers, Sarasota and Fort Lauderdale. I have a whole other post on Fort Lauderdale so just information on Naples/Ft. Myers would be great!

Thanks!

Nap

RE: Moving to Naples?

by catalysta

What you've heard is true, though of course there are lots of younger & middle aged people working in the area who probably socialize in the parts of town the tourists don't frequent. Many live in the east part of town away from the beaches, up the road in the Bonita Springs vicinity, or they even commute from Ft. Myers to work.

Sarasota may be more of same. Ft. Lauderdale would offer you much more of a social life I'm thinkin'. The Gulf Coast is pretty laid back.

RE: Moving to Naples?

by agentonmarco

Hi, I am a Real Estate agent, in the Naples and Marco Island area. You are correct there is a lot more of the older generations here, but you can certainly find the younger crowds. There are a bunch of places to go out, nightlife ect. I have a website with some info which might help you if you do decide to come to Naples. Thanks.

Comments