2555 North Tamiami Trail, Naples, Florida, 34103, United States
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Naples

Entering the mangrovesEntering the mangroves

Old Naples area in Naples, FLOld Naples area in Naples, FL

Sand Sculpture of Sponge BobSand Sculpture of Sponge Bob

Friends of the Florida Panther RefugeFriends of the Florida Panther Refuge

Gulf coast Fishing Naples

by LakesideEC

I'll be in Naples, Florida mid August. Should I do a half day backwater or offshore fishing trip? What's biting, and what's more fun for 2 adults and 2 kids?

Thanks for your help.

RE: Gulf coast Fishing Naples

by donato1899

Backwater will be faster, offshore is a long run and maybe not doable for 1/2 day. Definitely go in the AM, no fish in the PM, too hot. Sea trout, Redfish and snook are the backwater targets. I cannot keep up on the seasons, probably you can keep the trout and have to release the redfish and snook.

RE: Gulf coast Fishing Naples

by Matmatmat

Ok Bodi this is where we tell you to go back to the valley.
Just kidding.

RE: RE: Gulf coast Fishing Naples

by LakesideEC

Thanks, I guess backwater is the best option. Hopefully better than a day of catching one foot barracuda and thieving harbor seals in the kelp paddies over here!

Ha! Good quote from the movie Matmatmat.

Take it easy guys and thanks again.

RE: RE: Gulf coast Fishing Naples

by tropicdiver

If you enjoy a good grouper like I do, go for the day trip. I've had some great grouper day trips out of Fort Myers Beach, just to the north of Naples.

Travel Tips for Naples

My Homestay Experience

by kiwigal_1

During my time in Naples I was staying with the family of a friend. This was my first exposure to life in America. I don't know if Naples is anything like the rest of America but I remember being quite struck with a few things.
The houses were all modern and most had pools. The kids all had beepers to communicate with their friends. The liked to drive around at night and hang out at malls. They were into a lot of "instant" type foods. They had soooooo many tv channels and often there was nothing good to watch!!

florida panther wildlife refuge

by doug48

the florida panther wildlife refuge is located at the intersection of I-75 (alligator alley) and CR29 about 20 miles east of naples. the refuge is located in the big cypress swamp section of the everglades. they have walking trails where you may sight the rare and endangered florida panther. the big cypress swamp is an everglades fresh water ecosystem. a worth while side trip from naples for those interested in nature and wildlife.

Great breakfast cafe

by panthur about First Watch

Interesting take on breakfast with a bit of a gourmet twist to traditional diner food. They have a menu on their website that you can check out. We found them through frommer's and were not dissapointed.

Brick Oven Pizza

by deecat about Roman Oven Pasta Market Cafe

Each day, we would use Pine Ridge Road as we journeyed from our Condo to Old Naples. I was impressed each day as we drove by a restaurant called Roman Oven Pasta Market Cafe As you see in Photograph #1, the building is quite attractive.

So, we finally decided to try the restaurant because we both love Brick Oven Pizzas.

The menu covers much more than Pizza. This Italian restaurant offers all kinds of pastas and typical Italian entrees. It also has a small deli where one is able to order imported Italian products.

It's a beautiful dining room that is spacious and light and airy. Photo #3 shows the beautiful Brick Oven.

Our waitress was a beautiful young girl who was friendly, well informed, and efficient. The owner was sitting in the room, and he greeted those customers who probably frequented the restaurant often. Allan and I both ordered salads, which were cold, crisp, and filled with delicious tomatoes. The salad dressing was mellow and added to the enjoyment of the house salads as we awaited our pizzas.

Allan's pizza was a mushroom one; and mine was called a CAPRESE and consisted of tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, and Basil. [see photo #2]

Sometimes, you can pick a restaurant by its looks!

Big Cypress Preserve- Mangroves

by abi_maha

We headed to the mangroves at Big Cypress Preserve, at the vistor's center they encouraged us to take a boat tour into the mangroves and it was one memorable experience. The 729,000 acre Big Cypress National Preserve was set aside in 1974 to ensure the preservation, conservation, and protection of the natural scenic, floral and faunal, and recreational values of the Big Cypress Watershed. The name Big Cypress refers to the large size of this area. Vast expanses of cypress strands span this unique landscape.

Most visitor facilities within the preserve are open and accessible every day of the year. Some seasonal and emergency closures may occur.

The Oasis Visitor Center is open from 9:00 - 4:30, every day but Christmas. We reached there by around 9 AM and we spent an hour at the vistor center and then took the 11:30 AM boat ride into the mangroves, we spotted Bald Eagles, Ospreys, American Kestrels, Terns and Pelicans on this tour. The best part was seeing the dolphins in the wild, they even set up the boat such that the dolphins would follow us for a mile!! There is something that is really happy about a dolphins, I loved watching them synchronise their jumps around us!!

Comments