3557 Pine Ridge Road, Naples, Florida, 34109, United States

Palm Trees on the BeachPalm Trees on the Beach

Large BorigainvillaLarge Borigainvilla

Naples in September

by nicros

My Boyfriend and I are coming over on 2nd Sept for 2 weeks from the UK. What will the weather we like around this time? Also will it be busy? We are staying at the Inn at Pelican Bay so would also appreciate any advice about this hotel.
Thanks

RE: Naples in September

by Lauz

Sept is hurricane season so there's always the chance you could get caught up in one. However, inbetween storms the weather will still be very hot and humid. Fingers crossed that u miss them!

RE: Naples in September

by Satori88

The Weather will start to cool down. I think it is a great time to visit. Here is a link:

I recommend checking out Bonita Beach about 10 minutes North. It is the best beach I have seen, lots of shelling, clear water, especially in the early morning. Their is a place to rent rooms and pontoon boats at bonita beach resort. There is beach access right across the road.

Also, Check out Lover's Key.

Let me know if you need more assistance as your trip nears.
Peace, ~Chris

Travel Tips for Naples

Being from the midwest, there...

by JuliaL

Being from the midwest, there is nothing better than arriving in Naples in April to balmy 85 degree days when it's still in the 50s at home. Lying on the beach with the sun warming your winter-weary skin, listening to the waves and the seagulls is the most relaxing thing in the world. We stayed in a condo on Gulfshore Blvd., and every night after dinner (we prefer casual dinners that we make ourselves in the condo) we would walk across the street to the Village on Venetian Bay and window shop. Sometimes we would stop at the Ben & Jerry's and have ice cream for dessert.

Glen Forest Golf and Country Club

by deecat

Check out all the photographs to see the beauty of the course

My husband Allan and I used to live on a golf course for 9 years in Antioch, Illinois, and we really enjoy the sport; thus, when we go away for an extended vacation of the winter, we like to stay on or near a golf course. This year we had the opportunity to stay in a condo on the 4th hole [See photo #4] of the Glen Forest Golf Course in Naples, Florida.

The course had been completely revamped [ten million dollars worth], and reopened in December of 2008. It's a lovely course, but a VERY challenging one. Each of the 18 holes has a pond, and some have even more water. Some of the greens are very undulating and sloped.

It was a fun course except for the type of grass on the fairways...the golf ball did not "sit up" as both Allan and I are used to. Therefore, we found it to be frustrating. We only golfed three times during the month that we were there.

I think once we got used to it, we would have enjoyed it much more.

What we really enjoyed was the fine putting/chipping practice greens and the hitting range. Both were free, and the balls were supplied. A nice feature, indeed. We took our own golf clubs, shoes, golf balls, tees, etc. All of that is needed for the game of golf. Of course, it cost us to take the clubs as the airlines are now charging for checked luggage!

Palm Cottage

by zChris

This is Naples' oldest house, built in 1890. It sits in the historic district on 12th Avenue near the pier. Inside, the Naples Histrical Soeicty has restored its 19th century atmosphere to show how some of Naples' first summer tourists lived. It's amazing how many people pass by this place to go by the pier and never give it a second look. I guess it's pretty nondescript.

Buongustio Ristorante

by zChris about Buongustio Ristorante

The food is very upscale here (as the prices suggest) and the staff very Italian (and snooty to boot!) The maitre'd was insulted when I did not order wine. As a result, he sat my family in the outside terrace next to the abbutting terrace of a very rowdy Irish restaurant. I could have eaten in the Irish restaurant for less, had the same atmosphere, better experience and better food. Augh! The veal parmigiana looked good, unfortunately I didn't have it...

Gulfstream Race Course's Buffet

by deecat about "Ten Palms"

We drove across the State of Florida to visit friends in Ft. Lauderdale and to go with them to Gulfstream Race Track. While we were there, we sat inside in an area/restaurant called Ten Palms. We had made a reservation via phone and were immediately seated beside the windows overlooking the race track.

One of the reasons we chose this area of the race track was because it had a buffet.

The buffet cost about $28.00 per person. Personally, I do not think that it was worth that.
One of the items that I had seen as I walked by was a delicious looking chicken breast that one of the chefs was carving. Within the hour, it was gone, and they had no more! What a disappointment.

They offered ham, beef, and pork, vegetables, salads, including fruit salad, breads, and desserts, including an soft ice cream machine where you made your own sundae or ice cream cones. From all the choices, I enjoyed the salad bar [which I went back to a second time], the fresh fruit salad, the breads, and the ice cream. The rest of the desserts were mediocre.

Allan enjoyed the beef, the ham, shrimp, vegetables, and ice cream sundae.

At the table, we had big mix ups about the drinks, and the waitress had to have them redone three times. We did not blame her; it was the bar tender.

We did have fun, but I would not return to that particular spot at the race track.

Comments