Hilton Naples And Towers

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• flyingpig's Profile Photo

Hilton Naples & Towers

The Hilton Naples is great value for money in a US state where low quality, pathetic service and ridiculous prices seem to be the norm rather than the exception.

Staff at the Hilton is friendly and effective - no bells and whistles but impossible to complain about the service in this hotel.

The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. At US$140 per night (booked on Expedia in March 2003) it is great value for money for a four stars.

What is truly outstanding about this hotel are the bicycles that you can borrow for free for as long as you want. With these bikes nice beaches are only 20 to 30 minutes away from the hotel. Besides, Naples is very safe for bikers.

Finally, the hotel is only one block from the Waterside mall where you can find good food at California Pizza Kitchen and books in Barnes & Noble. Just excellent.

More about Hilton Naples And Towers

Bad Experience

We just stayed in the Hilton Naples this weekend, and it was terrible. We had a room in the Concierge Floor but it was very smelly and the entire night we had the noise of aircondition (it was impoosible to turn it off). The bedsheets were kind of old and we really felt unconfortable in the room. When we checked in the person in the front desk treated us very unfriendly, we did not feel very welcome. My husband and myself travel a lot international and also domestic and we have to say that for the last couple of years that is the worst hotel that we stayed. It has not the HIlton Standard that you find at other places.

Great for business and pleasure!

I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Naples for a week in June. Our stay at the hotel was excellent. Since he had the car most days, I wanted to spend our time at a hotel with lots to do. First, they have a gym which I used every morning. Second, the pool is quite nice although small. Since we were there during the off-season there weren't too many guests around and it wasn't a problem. Also, since it was the off-season we got a great internet rate ($80/night)! The room was spacious and we had our own little walk-out balcony over the pool. Since hubby was there on business, he really appreciated the desk and hi-speed internet access. The staff were all helpful and friendly.
I tried the shuttle to Clam Pass one day which was a really nice amenity...especially the beach chair and waters! (However, be warned: there is absolutely no shade there at this beach so if you are fair-skinned like me, you'll need to rent an umbrella.) On another day I wandered over to a Barnes & Noble bookstore which is just a block away. It was a good way spend a few hours in the airconditioning, sippling a cold drink. There's also a new upscale shopping mall next to the bookstore going up. Some of the stores were open when I was there but they were still constructing all the built-in waterfalls. It looks like it will be nice. Every evening when my hubby would get out of his conference we went to a nearby beach, Lowdermilk Park, and went swimming in the ocean and watched the sunset. We would return to the hotel and hop in the spa to relax a little more. All-in-all, we had an excellent time at the Hilton and I think we got a great deal for the price. I would recommend staying there.

Lovely Hotel With Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member SilverStar092

This hotel appears to be relatively new yet built to look like a classic. I was greeted by a very friendly and attractive front desk clerk who addressed me by name whenever I passed by. The hotel lobby has an elegant feel to it. My room was clean and comfortable and had a comfortable chair to sit in while watching TV. The swimming pool was wonderful and featured a waterfall at one end. The hot tub was too hot. A stop by the restaurant revealed it was too expensive and there was not a great selection of restaurants nearby. The concierge lounge had feeble evening hors d'erves and a weak breakfast however the rest of my stay was excellent.

Far from the beach

by TripAdvisor Member Twiga2

The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The atmosphere is great if you are over 50 and a golfer. Don't expect a view or a great beach vacation at this hotel. Be prepared to drive to get anywhere in Naples. Be sure to eat before 11 PM because the whole city closes down. Next time we will save some money and stay over at the Hampton Inn which includes breakfast!

Good Highway Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tim2458

I just got back from a stay at the Hilton when I couldn't get into the Ritz Golf Resort and didn’t want to pay the exorbitant prices at the Ritz on the beach. The Hilton was a great choice. Everything was clean and neat. The rate was less than half that of the Ritz on the beach, which I found too crowded and noisy during my brief visit there. I had the Hilton pool all to myself. There is a small fitness center that was nicely equipped. As a Hilton Gold member, I was given access to the concierge floor (the fourth floor of the four-story building), where I had a free breakfast (including freshly squeezed orange juice) and where I could have had a cocktail during their happy hour. The room was spacious and had one of the most comfortable beds in which I have ever slept. There was free, in-room online access (wired, not wireless), a coffee maker, a small refrigerator, and a nice sitting area. One bench-chair had a worn cushion top with holes, but it was the only furniture flaw I saw in the room. The bathroom had Crabtree and Evelyn amenities, but the shower flow fluctuated often. I asked for a check-out extension until 2 p.m., which was granted with no fuss. I like to walk, so the beach was just a 15-20 minute stroll. There is also a shuttle to take you there. An upscale shopping mall is right across the street, and Hertz and Enterprise rental agencies are just about adjacent to the property. There are many dining options nearby, since the hotel is on busy US Highway 41, also known as Tamiani Trail. Getting to the great shopping/dining area of Fifth Avenue in Old Naples is just a short ride away. The Hilton may not be a true resort location, but it is a safe, clean, upscale hotel conveniently located for anything you'd want to see or do in the Naples area.

Next thing to heaven!

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton from 25 November 2005 - 12 January 2006. We have written before saying how fantastic this hotel really is, and each year it seems to get better and better to us.It must be good as we couldn't stay at a hotel for such a long a time. We can only agree with all the things the previous person wrote about who stayed on the 18 February. With staying for such a long time and not wanting to go to a restaurant every night we had the convenience of a microwave. One of the places we found to have a really good meal at a reasonable cost was Cypress Creek Golf Club, which when we were there it was open to the general public for about $14 for a beautiful buffet or just the ordinary menu (early bird 5 - 8 pm. It is a very attractive club with such well cooked food (not to be missed). If you go about the time of year we go it is most attractive with its lovely Christmas decorations (just like the Hilton is). Back to the Hilton it really is a lovely time of year to stay because it is such a relaxing place to be at that time of year when England is so cold. I must add a further comment about the previous person who wrote a review saying he had never stayed in a more comfortable bed. He is so right as I am a poor sleeper but managed 7 weeks in perfect comfort. Before we left there were new beds arriving and new patio furniture which is lovely. What impresses me so much is that everything at the hotel is always kept up to such a high standard (including the staff!) There is one thing we miss at the hotel is a launderette. I did suggest to Lee (staff) it would look quite attractive in the middle of the Lobby as he said there wasn't any room for one - sorry only joking. It was like asking him to place it in the middle of Buckingham Palace as they have such an impressive lobby at the hotel.

If you have got as far as reading this review I hope I haven't bored you too much.

Hilton goods and bads

by TripAdvisor Member buddyandme

My daughter and I accompanied my husband on a business trip and stayed at the Hilton for three nights in March. On arrival nobody to take the bags in or up to the room. Not a big deal though. Room average, very clean. Ask for a room with a balcony. There are only a few, no extra charge. My daughter and I planned to spend our time hanging at the pool and shopping. Pool very small and always an issue getting lounge chairs. Had to wait till others left. No service at the pool. Would have been nice to be able to order drinks or lunch. Shopping is a bit of a walk, not across the street as advertised on web site. Room service was great. Food above average and arrived quickly. No concierge. Asked person at front desk to arrange a car to pick my daughter and I up and drive us to our next destination. Ended up arranging it myself. Could be a great place with a few improvements. Probably great for strictly business travel but would choose another hotel next time when going to Naples for business/pleasure.

Great Stay a very smart hotel

We stayed for three nights at the end of our trip to Florida (we did Orlando for two weeks so needed a real break!)
The hotel is very elegant and spacious. We had been offered a bedroom with two double beds, but they were very small (and I'm very tall) I'd say they were like a standard UK double bed. We were upgraded to a suite that had a big kingsize bed and a pull out bed for the kids. That worked just fine for us. If you do go for a suite and have 4 people, there is only one shower, so you have to take turns. The room had a fridge with freezer compartment that was very useful.
The hotel is right on the I41 Tamiami trail and this is ideal as it's a straight run of about 5 miles south into old Naples and about 1/2 mile west to the beach. The pool at the hotel was lovely and warm and although small it was great for the kids to play in and nice for the adults to cool off in.
There was no noise from the main road which I had been concerned about and next to the pool (but behind a hedge) is a garden centre. Next to the pool you get the sun all day long and there are loungers and chairs. Get a take out from Shula's restaurant and sit by the pool - salads were expensive but great. Our kids could easily have shared one meal of chicken and fries between them as they were massive.
To get to the beach you have to drive to the clam pass car park (parking $6 per day) and then there's a free golf buggy ride along a 1/4 mile board walk to the beach, this was very pleasant ride and the beach is fantastic. Quite long lines to get back again though, so watch out if you've got a tight schedule to meet.
Overall the hotel was great and the staff went out of their way to help. We were on the towers (4th) floor where you get a free continental breakfast that was simple but filling.
The hotel seemed to have predominantly business guests, so we looked 'unusual' wandering around in swim shorts and bikinis amidst all the suits, but no one minded a bit.
I would definitely recommend the Hilton and I thought it was reasonably good value for money.
Hi to Evi on the front desk - you are lovely and very helpful

Naples Hilton is the tops

by TripAdvisor Member TerrellP

Just spent two nights at the Hilton Hotel in Naples, FL. and left very impressed. This is a well maintained property and it shows in its devotion to details. The rooms are clean and the beds and linens are first class. The exercise room has a large LCD television hanging on the wall, a cooler with cold towels and free bottle water. Oh yeah, top quality exercise equipment as well. Unlike previous reviewers, I didn't think the pool was too small. The pool temperature was well regulated - cool during the hot afternoon and heated at night. Again, attention to detail is much appreciated by this weary road warrior.
The only complaint I have is that getting a parking space at night can sometimes be a competitive event, because of limited spaces. Still a small inconvience, considering the overall quality of this property. Will return.

Comments