La Quinta Inn & Suites Naples Airport

185 Bedzel Circle, Naples, Florida, 34104, United States
La Quinta Inn & Suites Naples East (I-75)
Booking.com Priceline.com LQ.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Naples

White EgretWhite Egret

Our first gator sightingOur first gator sighting

Graceful and ElegantGraceful and Elegant

At the ZooAt the Zoo

Naples Airport, Florida

by johnvint

Does anyone know whether there are plans to commence commercial flights again into Naples Airport in Florida? I live in the UK but have a house in Naples. With 5 children, not only is cost a major factor but convenience is too. Whilst I am typing, does anyone have any tips re getting cheap flights into Fort Myers (assuming that Naples is not possible)? Unfortunately I always have to travel at the height of the European season - mid July to early September, therefore costly.

Re: Naples Airport, Florida

by johnvint

Thank you for your response. The first time I asked the question, someone thought I meant Naples in Italy! Anyway, it looks like I will continue using Fort Myers. I think flights to Naples would definitely be profitable in Dec-Apr but not the rest of the year. Miami we have used before but it's hell to get out of in the rush hour (when the UK flights land) and not much better getting back to. Tampa is ok but a long way. Fort Myers is a dream by comparison.

Travel Tips for Naples

The Weather

by Vega44

I only lived here for about 3 months with my father. While I was down there however there was one thing i noticed. It rained, everyday. Not just a little dirzzle but huge thunderstorm kind of rain. Now this was during the summer, the perfect season for them.

I can't say I disliked it. Take the morning to go out and do something, meanwhile the tempature would rise. Once 3 in the afternoon would hit however the beautiful storm (I say beautiful due to all the fanciful dances of the lightening) would hit and cool off everything. It was nice because although it would be humid outside, the dampness would feel nice. Not to mention all of the little Anole Lizards that would scurry across the sidewalk. I miss finding the lizards everywhere.

CURRENCY

by kiwigal_1

Everyone knows the US Dollar! Just thought I would put a pic of it here seems as I collect foreign money.

As a traveller I have to admit I found the US currency one of the hardest to work with. The notes are all the same colour (although they are different sizes!) and the coins have funny names like pennies and quarters!

To find out how much the US Dollar is worth go to this currency convertor:

We took a day trip to the...

by JuliaL

We took a day trip to the Everglades National Park and had a wonderful time. It's about a 30-minute drive from Naples, and well worth the trip.

We took a boat ride and saw manatee and nesting birds. It was very relaxing. On the way home we stopped at a little roadside restaurant and had fried alligator for lunch! I think it tastes kind of like fried clams.

If you go to the Everglades, ask someone if anybody has seen the Skunk Ape recently!

Excellent Pie

by deecat about Rodes Fruit/Fish Market/Restaurant

BE SURE TO SEE ALL THE PHOTOGRAPHS

After we left the Fish House Restaurant, we decided to go to a favorite place of ours in Bonita Springs: Rodes Fruit/Fish Market/Restaurant. We've eaten here several times before, but we just wanted to have dessert here. Before we went into the restaurant, we checked out the Fruit/Fish Market [as seen in photos #2 & 3]

We were thinking about buying one of their famous Key Lime Pies; however, we had a long way yet to travel, check in to our condo, etc.

Thus, we decided to bypass an entire pie and go into the restaurant and order a piece and eat it there. Photographs # 4 & 5 show the inside of the restaurant. We sat near a window and had great views of the rest of the room. As I had intended, I ordered a piece of their famous Key Lime Pie with a cup of decaf coffee. Allan decided to change his mind, and he ordered a piece of Rhubarb Pie. It was supposed to be homemade; however, the crust did not seem to be homemade. Allan thought it tasted like the pies we bought at the store when we were kids. [Ugh!] The filling was good, but he was quite disappointed.

The waitress was very efficient and was dismayed that he did not enjoy the pie.

Genuine Local "Joint"

by deecat about Joanie's Blue Crab Restaurant

Please check out all the photographs to experience the "flavor".

We were out in the middle of nowhere on the Tamiami Trail [Route 41] in Ochopee, Florida, after visiting the Everglades. There was a colorful and interesting restaurant along the road that we contemplated...there were no other cars in sight so we were somewhat reluctant.
No need...it was great. A young and "spunky' woman spoke up, and we thought she sounded like Dolly Partton, especially when she laughed. She was a true "one-woman-show"!

All we wanted was a milk shake to share, and what a milkshake that turned out to be! We selected a Strawberry milkshake. Our waitress made it herself with fresh strawberries, and it was nice and thick. We thought that we were in Heaven until we looked around and realized the decor with its wood plank floors and open rafters and picnic tables was a bit too rustic for Heaven.

You could eat outside overlooking the countryside or inside. We chose inside since we did not want our milkshake to melt. I smiled a great deal as I looked around at the photos, calendars and other unique sights. One photo I remember was of a very skimpily dressed girl...the comment said, "Florida Cracker Charm"

I looked at the menu and thought if we were hungry, we would probably share what they called, "Everglades Swamp Platter" which consisted of Gator, crab cakes, and frog legs.

We're glad that we stopped and treasure our brief stay at Joanie's Blue Crab Restaurant.

Comments