Naples Bath & Tennis Club

AMOMA.com

Rated 15% higher but also costs 45% more than other 2.5 star hotels

Good For No Data

More about Naples

A colony of terns nestle next to me on the beach..A colony of terns nestle next to me on the beach..

Old Naples area in Naples, FLOld Naples area in Naples, FL

Northern End of Naples BeachNorthern End of Naples Beach

Be aware of alligatorsBe aware of alligators

Great Restaurant Suggestions Needed

by ldilauro

Hello

I will be in the Naples area for work and would like to eat at a very nice restaurant. My price range would be $30 to $40 per person not including wine or tip. I will have a vehicle and would be willing to travel up to 1 hour from the vicinity of Marco Island. I would like to hear any and all suggestions.

Thank You.

RE: Great Restaurant Suggestions Needed

by donato1899

Campiello's is great. We ate there. Excellent wine list. Make reservations if you do not want to wait in the bar and people watch for an hour at prime dinner time.
+Address: 1177 Third Street South
Naples, FL
Phone: 239-435-1166
Third street is the second best walking/shopping/people watching street in Naples, Fifth Avenue is the best.

Great Restaurant Suggestions Needed

by ldilauro

Thanks Donato1899. I will call them and ask for a copy of the menu.

ldilauro

RE: RE: Great Restaurant Suggestions Needed

by mabmojo

If you are looking for great food Campillos is good, However my experice with most of the downtown naples 5th ave and 3rd street resturants. Is that they are less for more. Granted all of them are decorated nicely, howevery I have only had a good meal twice in DT naples. One at campillos and the other at Chops.

The best steak in Southwest florida is Andrees, While Flemings is good as well and have a larger menue and a good wine selection.

RE: Great Restaurant Suggestions Needed

by Foriano

For your waterfront dining, go to Michelle Maries at Village at Venetian Bay. Their waterfron patio overlooks the inland waterways and has outdoor landscaping and flora. Live music can be heard playing near the entrance on weekends. You can walk around the unusual shops and boutiques around the village.

Travel Tips for Naples

Outdoor Art

by deecat

One of the things I enjoyed most in Old Naples was the architecture and the Public Art Sculptures. Thus, while we were perusing both 5th Avenue and 3rd Street, I would snap photographs of the public art installations. The sad thing about it is that I do not have the names of the artist and the names of the pieces. I have many more than I have presented here, but I wanted to show all different styles. Naples, Florida, is a very art active community. There are so many Art Gallaries and numerous Public Art Installations that it is obvious that Naples is a cultural community.

Through the photographs, you can enjoy some of the various art installations in Old Naples.

Photograph #1: This sculpture reminded me of typical sculptures that I saw in Italy, a very classical look.

Photograph #2: Just the opposite is true of this art installation outside one of the largest Art Gallaries in Naples. It is ultra modern and reminds me of the small "windmills" I have in my gardens.

Photograph #3: The Horses of Naples is very popular, even for children

Photograph #4: I just love these sleek human figures that are modern, romantic, and eye-catching

Photograph #5: The most classical of the installation sculptures is this figure atop an urn-like basin. It, too, reminds me of classical European art.

Part of the enjoyment of visiting a city is soaking up the culture of the place and learning about the "personality" of its citizens through their values.

Off the beaten path by car

by Davy124

Go south on US41from Naples, then turn north on 29. Wander along the gravel roads which lead off on both sides, but have plenlty of gas and water. We saw more wild life like this than on any of the air boat rides. The biggest gattor we saw in 3 weeks was right alongside US41 about 60 miles south of Naples. Another great spot is the loop road, turn right off the 41 at Monrow Station, you then have about 25 miles of single track gravel road, but watch out for all sorts of critters.

Best Pizza in Town

by TRimer about Campiello Ristorante & Empori

Another great recommendation from the Ritz Carlton. Campiello's is a winner on all fronts - the Northern Italian food is outstanding, the service is excellent, and the restaurant itself is beautiful and inviting. It is just as appropriate for a dinner with ten friends as it is for a romantic dinner for two. Supposedly, the bar area is quite a scene during happy hour. They do have great martinis.

Campiello is the brainchild of two brothers, Richard and Larry D'Amico, who grew up in the kitchens of their parents' restaurant in Cleveland. In 1995, the brothers opened the first Campiello in Minneapolis. The personal pizza's were to die for. They have a wonderful selection of appetizers, great salads and various Italian dishes.

Lunch is served 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and dinner from 5 to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and until 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday

Great Pulled Pork B.Q. Sandwiches!

by deecat about Shane's Rib Shack

Allan and I went to the movie theater frequently, and in the Shopping Mall where the movie theater was located, we saw a BBQ restaurant called Shane's Rib Shack. We needed to eat before seeing the movie, "Doubt", and we did not have much time, so this place was in the perfect location.

As we waited for our meal, I walked around inside and read all the information, which was quite interesting. It told the story of how the restaurant came into being, and it answered the question, "Is There Really a Shane?" [photograph #3] Yes, there is, indeed, a Shane. Shane took his BBQ recipes from his grandfather, who had a huge influence on his life.

Learning about Shane's life made me feel as though I knew him; thus, I was more interested in tasting his product. If you look at [Photograph # 1], you will see what I ordered the first time we were there: a house salad and a pulled pork BBQ sandwich. Allan had the larger Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich and Cole Slaw.

We were very pleased with our choices so much so that we returned one more time to enjoy the BBQ one more time before we left Naples, Florida, at the end of January.

We highly recommend Shane's Rib Shack

5th Avenue South shopping district

by Ewingjr98

5th Avenue South is a great shopping district in central Old Naples. This area include unique stores, sidewalk cafes, hotels, galleries, and fine dining along palm-lined streets just a few blocks from the water. Perhaps the only problem here is the lack of convenient parking.

Also nearby is Third Street South, an area of of some 100 fine clothing stores, gift boutiques, restaurants and galleries.

Comments