Naples Grande Beach Resort

475 Seagate Drive, (formerly The Registry Resort and Club), Naples, Florida, 34103, United States

Waldorf Astoria Naples
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• StublueKPL's Profile Photo

Great Naples Hotel

Hotel has great facilities and is a real 5 star hotel. Made to feel very welcome from the first day and had a great stay.

Good spacious rooms immaculately kept clean by staff.

Unique Quality: Nice pools, close to beach (taken there by golf buggy from hotel or a 10 minute walk down the boardwalk)

More about Naples Grande Beach Resort

Had a Great Time at The Naples Grande.............

by TripAdvisor Member babygirl722

My husband and 2 children (ages 6 an 8) just returned from a 3 night stay at the property and loved it. The room was nice and roomy and the view from the balcony just gorgeous (we were on the 18th floor). Service was impeccable and the concierge desk really goes above and beyond to help out.

We were there for a wedding and had lots of hotel food and I must say, it was delicious. I did not, however, eat at the restaurant. I do agree that the place is too pricey to bill itself as a family resort and should consider making some changes.

The kids spend a day at the Kid's Club (9AM to 4PM) and had a blast. We also used the babysitting service at night (ask for Gwen) and were quite pleased. The fee was $16/hr for 2 kids.

The hotel is under construction but you would never know it. We never heard a sound and the area is cleverly concealed.

I would seriously consider returning to this property.

Deserves a repeat visit

by TripAdvisor Member my journeys

Formerly, The Registry, this hotel has been given a complete makeover and is now the swanky, trendy and First Class Naples Grande. Worth the price we paid for this time of year and the deal we got on Expedia. The rooms, the view, the service all exceptional. Beware of high prices to dine, drink and the spa at the hotel. I recommend eating outside of the resort as Naples has great restaurants from casual to fine dining just about everywhere. A trolley stops at the hotel and most of the restaurants, shops and sightseeing are on the stops. We would definitely come here again.

Wear your earplugs!

by TripAdvisor Member mellymomma

We stayed at the Naples Grande for 5 nights. There are ups and downs here. The hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms nicely done and very comfortable. The bathroom is to die for! I wish mine at home was this nice! The problems we encountered were construction, construction, construction!!! They are expanding the spa in the hotel and the noise begins somewhere around 7am and sometimes doesn't wind down until way past 6pm. Even on the 4th of July it didn't rest.

I won't suggest you eat or drink at this hotel unless you bring your life savings. We called housekeeping for a refrigerator, went to the grocery store, stocked up on beer/wine and luncheon meats and had a blast! Lots of area restaurants to visit close to hotel.

The game room no longer exists. But the up side is the pools are plentiful, there's even a great waterslide my kids didn't want to get off of.

All and all our visit was pleasant and the staff was friendly and accomodating.

Stayed here 3 Times

by TripAdvisor Member viperroom_112

Hi there , I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past , the last being in Jul 2005 . On that occasion we had a brilliant time . I do agree food and bevarage is very expensive . BUT . You are staying at a 5 star hotel (many websites qoute 5 stars) so you cant expect cheap prices.
On this occasion they were also building , and the construction work was ongoing , having said this they were very accomodating and sent us e-mail ntification of the work before we went and ensured our stay was perfect ( even offered a 10% discount prpn)
:-)
The beach and beach buggies were very enjoyable and useful . The one point I could make is that it was very busy especially around the pool area at certain times . But the service , general room ammenities location (close to "waterside shops" and great weather made it all the better !

I would fully reccomend it . In fairness though 2 out of the three times I stayed it was under the registry resort banner as opposed to the "Naples Grande".

It was GRAND!

by TripAdvisor Member Motherfletcher

I had purchased a room for 2 nights at this hotel, then the Registry, for my brother in law's family who intended to visit us for my son's graduation but canceled. I bought the room through SkyAuctions for $82 which I thought was a good deal. Since the in-laws canceled we decided to stay for our anniversary. We have been to this hotel for various events/occasions since 1986 but have never stayed over night.
I found the newly decorated lobby to be modern, warm beige, minimalist with clean lines and a lighted carved glass wall behind check-in that changed from orange to red. The water wheel between the escalators was very interesting. I liked the wire scuptured vase art piece which was on a lighted base.
At check in I was a little nervous because the two clerks were very young. The one I got (Josh) was really nice and when I told him we were celebrating our anniversary he looked through the computer extra hard for a good room. He found one but had to clear it through the manager who came out and looked at the screen, looked at me and said, "Give it to them." He gave me keys to 501 and when we arrived at the double door entry at the very end of the hall, closest to the beach we knew we had been given something special. When we entered the tower suite my wife started crying which is rare (for joy at least). The room was awesome! The bedroom was a king with an expansive bathroom and separate room for the toilet and wide whirlpool tub. The living room was well appointed with furniture that looked brand new. There was a couch and two easy chairs. Behind the couch facing the TV amoire was a writing desk and chair. Behind the desk was a 6 person glass dining table resting on 2 ornate vases. There were two barstools at the wet bar/kitchenette. There was a hallway that lead past a huge walk-in closest to a half bath. There were 3 sliding glass doors leading to a forty foot balcony with a chaise longe and table and chairs. The sweeping view of the the swimming pools, mangrove mountain water slide, fountains, waterfall, tropical landscaping, mangrove estuary and Gulf of Mexico was breathtaking.
After reading how expensive this hotel is on this forum we decided to eat all of our meals out since we are very familiar with the area. We had an excellent dinner at Flaco's on US41. Our only additional expenditure at check out was for the 2 pay for view movies that we rented.
We took the half mile open tram ride on the boardwalk through the unspoiled mangroves to the the seclude 3 mile sugar-white sand beach and received lounge chairs and towels as resort guests. The Gulf waters were calm and warm.
This was one of the best hotel stays we have ever had and it was only minutes from our house.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member happytraveler07

I stayed in a gulf front unit and the room is very nicely appointed. The bed is as pretty and comfortable as it looks on line. Lots of great sitting areas. In the bathroom there is a large tub and separate shower, Aveda bath products, very top of the line and very nice. The hotel is nicely maintained and staff is very friendly.

For fitness enthusiasts, the gym is very nice with lots of cardio equipment and weights. The only problem I found with the gym is the hours are from 6am to 7pm. I like to work out a little later, so that was a little disappointing.

The food at the restaurants is very good, but like the other posters mentioned, very expensive. Not hard to hit $30.00 per meal for dinner per person without wine or a soft drink. An 18% gratutiy is automatically included. I found the grill by the pool to be the least strain on the wallet. The hotel is about a 5 minute drive to other area resturants.

Pretty beach. Lots of shells. The beach is a .6 mile walk or tram ride away. I walked and enjoyed it. Nice winding trail through the mangroves. As a side note, the trail is an environmentally friendly path, made out of recycled milk jugs. Thought that was kind of neat. The beach is a protected nature preserve, so the hotel gates the trail at night. Some people jump the gate or go to a near by public beach.

Pools - the pools are pretty and there are quite a few of them. Never seemed over crowded at all. Pools are open until at least 11:00 pm.

Internet connection: No WiFi in room. High speed connection available for $10.95/day. Nice desk area for working.

Overall, this is a nice upscale hotel. There are a lot of extras and the bill can get out of hand quick, but just know that going in and I think you will be satisfied.

All that I hoped for

by TripAdvisor Member AlanValB

Reception was very friendly. Were told resort fee was $20 but as a Virgin traveller we were only charged $10. The lobby is minimalist but striking. Our room was superb with a super bathroom and bath you could almost swim in! The view was good from the balcony over the surrounding residential area. Breakfast was outstanding but too expensive to have more than once. Although the beach is around a kilometre away, free trams ran every couple of minutes. The grill at the beach was good value. Loungers at the beach were included in the resort fee but umbrellas were not. For the prices paid, I feel that this is a bit mean and it is my only gripe. Overall it was expensive but you get what you pay for.

Wouldn't stay here again........Expensive, Expensive, Expensive!!

My daughter and I tagged along iwth my husband for a convention here. We went to the restaurant in the lobby. We bought two cheeseburgers, 1 coke, 1 chardonnay = $52.60. No fries even came with it for this price!!

Who wants to stay at a hotel they can't even afford to eat three meals a day in for under $200.00 a day!?!? The waiter NEVER ask if we needed drink refills or anything, just brought the check before we had taken 2 bites of our food. A child next to us had chicken fingers and fries and even though it wasn't on the menu, we told him we would have the same and he told me we don't have that, it isn't on the menu. They must have special ordered it! They added 18% to our check for 2 people eating.

A bottle of "Fiji Water" in our room was $8.00! Ridiculous prices. They failed to tell us that much of the hotel is under construction, so as far as we can tell this is the only place to eat here.

As for the convention area, at our company booth, we all sweat to death! It was stifling and we went to a party that evening and that room was even hotter. It had maybe 50 people in it and it was so hot!

The rooms are pretty hot temp wise also. You can't open the door because it will shut off the A/C in the room.

We valet parked our car and when we went back to get it we had to ask for it twice and stood there 35 mins. before it was brought around. Didn't do that again! We definitely would not stay here again. My daughter is bored as it keeps raining and the pool seems to be the only amenity. A 25 min massage is $75.00 and I am sure they will jack that rate up with some more 20% gratuities, so we won't be using the spa services!

The room itself is nice and big. We requested gulf view and we are looking down at the lap pool off of one balcony and the valet area off of the area, so I'm not sure how this is gulf view. I think I see water over on the horizon, but its hard to tell where the ocean even is!

I can't say where else to stay as this is our first trip, but I am sure you could do much better if you don't want to spend a fortune! There are also no microwaves or refrigerators to bring anything of your own. The fridge is the min bar, full of $5.00 gummi bears and 12.00 wine! Its too bad, if they would make prices reasonable, more people would stay around and use their bar and restaurant, as it is, they are dead with maybe 3 people at the most in the lobby bar, that I have seen during the day.

The bathroom is ok. The large tub has no jets, just a tub. The hot water is barely hot and takes 30 mins to fill if you want a hot tub of water. Small little bugs were running around, looked like the kind that lives in grass and stings you?

INTERNET ACCESS - $10.95 plus tax a day!! EVERYDAY! No break for multiple days, nothing is free or discounted here. You pay for every little thing you say, do or look at here!

We had to tip one guy to unload our bags and park in the lobby and then yet another to actually wheel them upstairs. They got this thing figured out! Make you have to double tip just to get your bags to your room!

Need Earplugs and do not eat here......

by TripAdvisor Member Teapeople

Hello, I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. I agree with other reviews you do need earplugs as the building work if terrible. Starts 8.00a.m. and goes on till 6.00p.m. if not raining. The hotel rooms are nice and so is the hotel although very crowded with lots of families round the 2 small pools. Do not what ever you do eat here the food is terrible plus the cost is stupid. I do not mind paying a bit over the top for good food but the food is sort of very "arty" and not good I think they need a new cook. The staff are friendly and helpful but I think their are better hotels.

Anything walking distance?

by GabyT

How far away is the Miromar from the Naples Grande Resort? I will be there from March 29th through April 2nd for a seminar. Do I have to rent a car to do some shopping or are taxis affordable? I am not used to driving in other cities other than mine so I'd rather be driven around if it is not too expensive.

Re: Anything walking distance?

by Maryimelda

You will be taking your life in your own hands if you try to drive in Naples (unless of course, you are a very experienced and fearless defensive driver).
Just make sure the taxi driver has the meter on throughout your trip to guard against being ripped off, (they're not all rogues, mind you, but there are some who need to be watched). Depending on what it is you want to see, you will probably find public transport to suit your needs on your shopping expeditions.

Re: Anything walking distance?

by hawkhead

Maryimelda got there before me! My initial reaction was to say that do not, under any circumstances, unless you are fearless or extremely experienced in organised mayhem, consider driving in Naples! The "natives" manage it with elan, everyone else should steer clear! Also a car in Naples to do shopping would be a liability and a nuisance - take taxis or local transport.

Comments