280 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples, Florida, 34108, United States

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 151% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Go elsewhere

Valet parking is $25 daily and required. Wait times can be upwards of 30 minutes. We had to wait that long. This hotel has many children's activities, so we were mobbed at the front door with kids, and their parents trying to leave. The rooms are small. There is no coffee maker and no refrigerator, but there is a $$$$mini bar. You can RENT a coffee maker for $25. Actually, I could have bought one and a supply of Starbucks coffee for $25. Service was poor. Price is extremely high, and I am unable to distinguish why, other than the name. However, this is not the Ritz Carlton you expect in other locales. They seem to have a managment disconnect, and it shows.

The restaurants were nice, as well as the staff in them. Food was great.

The beach location is great, but there are many locals that take advantage of the Ritz's "amenaties", leaving their traveling customers wanting. I will go to another hotel next time.

Unique Quality: The beach was nice.

• Naples' Best!

The Ritz-Carlton Naples beach resort is a great place to relax with the family. They take care of anything your family may need during you stay. The hotel has restaurants, kids club, fitness center, spa, beach, etc.. They have a cute kid's check-in area to make the kids feel welcome. The spa is outstanding! The beach is beautiful and calm. This is our favorite location in Naples!

Unique Quality: You really do not need to leave the resort. Restaurants, fitness center with classes, pool, beach, kids club. Every room has an ocean view. You can see dolphin swimming in the ocean from your room!!!

• Excellent luxury

My company had a meeting at this hotel and it was the most luxurious hotel stay I've ever had. My room had a view down the shoreline and a small balcony to take it in. The pools are very nicely landscaped and the food is delicious.

Unique Quality: Everything in the hotel room is engineered for comfort. The hair dryers are quality, the shower curtain slides in rollers and moves effortlessly, a fuzzy robe is provided, and there are chocolates on your pillow in the evening.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Beach Resort with Wonderful Spa

I have now stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Naples twice. Both times were wonderful and for business. The first time we stayed in a room with a gulf view on the club level- which meant we had access to wine and food all day. This is good because the food at the Ritz is not cheap (can we say $40 for 2 people to have lunch at the pool).

Unique Quality: They are about to do a major renovation to the hotel to upgrade all the rooms. The rooms are nice but not spectacular. They all have balconies and most have great views. The soap in the bathrooms (spa products) are fantastic. The restaurants are wonderful. They will be upgrading the one bar too to have plasma televisions. The little shops around the hotel are nice. Be sure to try out the ice cream. Also, the pool shop sells big floats for the pool.

More about The Ritz-Carlton Naples

A very expensive Days Inn!!

by TripAdvisor Member ChicagoNed

I Recently stayed at the Naples Ritz Carlton with my girlfriend and was quite disappointed. We had to wait 4 hours for our room to be ready after check-in, which put a damper on the whole evening. The rooms were spacious, but definitely need upgrading and renovation. Do not be fooled by the ocean views: the whole building is built in such a way that you could literally see and watch other guests in and out of dozens (and i mean dozens) of balconies close by. It felt like a college dorm from my past!! We stayed at a nonsmoking floor, but smelled cigarette smoke throughout. we complained about it to the staff and they sent us a scented candle! big deal. The maid service was good, and breakfast at the terrace was nice. If you choose to get a drink at the lobby area, their coffees are inferior in taste, and the service spotty. It seemed that the staff was always in a hurry. The excercise facility was very good. Our biggest complaint with this hotel, and that warning specifically goes to couples and singles, is that the hotel inside out was full to the brim with children. They were everywhere running around and noisy, in the lobby, outside, near every counter, pool area, terrace!!! it was a kid infestation!! For the price we paid, it was not worth it. This was the least enjoyable hotel I've stayed in in a long long time. It was similar to a Days Inn hotel, but much much pricier!!

Absolutely Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member LenoxLJ

My husband and I just returned from a four night stay at the Ritz. It was everthing I was hoping for and more. The property is gorgeous and if you are looking for an upscale yet relaxing stay, look no further. We have stayed at other five star hotels and would recommend the Ritz to the discriminating traveler. This hotel is also very romantic.

The Ritz property includes antiques and is very tastefully decorated. Trust me, I'm not easy to please when it comes to interior design, but I was very impressed. It felt as if I was staying with a millionare as opposed to staying at a hotel. Class, Class, Class and more Class.

There were, however, a few minor problems, such as charges that would did not make. These were easily cleared up with a call to the accounting department. Also, if you are in the room during the day and do not want to be disturbed, put the Privacy sign on the door.

The beach was awesome, although the water temperature was a little cooler than we would have hoped for. The pool is equally accomodating and is heated. They play classical music underneath the water. Of course, beach and poolside services are readily available.

The best was the 3 piece jazz assemble. They play in the lobby area and are fantastic. You can order dinner and/or cocktails while they play.

Yes, the Ritz is pricey, but it's a five star hotel. You cannot go there not expecting to spend a good deal of money. The prices are comparable to NY city prices.

I would absolutely recommend this resort to couples looking for a getaway. The staff has class, will bend over backwards, and tend to your every need.

Be sure to check out 3rd and 5th avenues downtown. Naples is a beautiful place - much nicer than some of the carribean islands. Yes, it's still Florida, but it pales in comparison to some of the carribean islands.

Another perfect stay

by TripAdvisor Member TM99

This was our third stay over the Christmas period here and one of the great things about this hotel is its consistency of service and very high standards AT ALL TIMES. We always stay on the Club Floor, which is heavenly. The staff in the Club Lounge are really exceptional and nothing is too much trouble for them, plus the food offerings are excellent (be prepared to gain a few pounds!)

At Christmas, the decor is also really sumptuous - 18 chefs had slaved for hundreds of hours to build a large gingerbread house in the lobby - my 5 year old son was lucky enough to visit Santa in there!

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - it is one of the great resort hotels in the USA and, though not cheap, it is well worth what they charge. I just hope it never changes...

Simply one of the very best...

by TripAdvisor Member Vnyrdr

We are very picky about hotels, and have stayed at nearly all the Ritz-Carltons and most of the Four Seasons in the US. This is one of the very best. Perfect location, friendly, attentive but professional service, fabulous views, exquisite furnishings; great spa...all around top notch, though the tariff is commesurate with the experience!

Good but not 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member kitkat1000

We stayed at the RC from Dec 28, 2004-Jan 4, 2005 and here are my observations. It's a mixed bag - I've stayed at a RC before (Puerto Rico) and the staff is much better there, they do wait on you hand and foot but at the Naples RC you generally feel that they are either short staffed or they don't care/aren't organized. We arrived at 3pm and we had to wait until 8pm for our room! And we had 2 small children (2 and 4). I thought that was outrageous. Evidently the weather during Christmas and after was terrible and our arrival day was the first good weather and guests overstayed in their rooms. Obviously the guests were ultimately at fault but the Ritz should better control it by charging a lot for overstaying to persuade guests not to inconvenience subsequent guests at least during peak times. They attempted to compensate this by sending chocolates to our room but when we checked out I complained about the late checkin and received a steep discount on the room. They should have automatically given us a discount without my complaining. An example of where they did right by us was they forgot to deliver our room service. When we called to remind them (an hour later), they delivered it but didn't charge us anything and even included an extra bottle of wine and it was an expensive dinner. The grounds are beautiful and extensive. My kids had a lot of fun adventuring around, playing in the lagoon pool (which is heated), and digging sand castles on the great beach which is reached by crossing over a short mangrove section via a bridge network (which is delightful). This RC seems to have its own little microclimate. Around the pool, it was windy and cool. Thankfully the pool is heated and there is a hot tub (that is not overheated) very nearby to really warm up. On the beach it is much warmer but the water is too cold for swimming (63F). Contrary to other reports, I found the pool not to be that crowded and surprisingly empty during the weekend (Jan 1/2). They provide float noodles and inflatable animals for the kids which was nice. Food for thought, our last day, the lagoon hot tub was not heated and we noticed that with the exodus of the holiday crowd the lagoon pool was not as warm as it had been. Seemed that the RC was cutting back. The pool service left something to be desired. I was expecting impeccable service from the RC based on my experience in Puerto Rico. Here, you always have to approach the pool staff to get anything and sometimes they ignore you or are not around. The beach staff is much better for setting you up but expect to have to wait a while for food or drinks. We also had to wait a while for service in the outdoor restaurants (Terrace and Pool). Food is generally good but expensive. The entrees at The Grill and at Lemonia (at the golf RC) were excessively salty (to the point of being almost inedible). Wait service was very good at those restaurants. Maid service was generally good but inconsistent. You're supposed to get slippers in your room to go with the robes but I didn't get any until my last day. Don't they have check lists? So all in all, my kids loved it but since this was a very expensive stay, I wished there was better service and value.

I COULDN'T BELIEVE THIS HOTEL, IT'S LIKE HEAVEN!!!!

My husband and I always go to Naples the week or so prior to Christmas, but had never stayed at the Ritz. OMG, what a wonderful hotel. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, and my husband had conveyed this to the Ritz through various e-mails. We left our room for a stroll around the property, and upon returning, found a beautiful plate all set up with a card personally written to us along with chocolate covered strawberries and the most gorgeous chocolate easel with a chocolate photo of the Ritz standing on it. This was just the start. We had made reservations for "the Grill" for dinner and were just peaking in the windows of the other wonderful restuarant, while waiting for our reservation time. A woman approached us, and said that that restaurant was closed that night but would we like a tour! She quickly put on all the lights and took us around the restaurant!!! The Grill was simply amazing. We started at the bar, where unbeknowst to us, our drinks were on the house. We spoke to the most wonderful bartender who had just moved there from Chicago, I believe. Very hospitable and gave us wonderful hors d'oevres. We moved on to dinner where we had one of the most outragous dinners ever prepared, and we travel a lot. All the while dining, we were served by our names. At dessert time, three waitors came out carrying our dessert along with "specialties from the Chef" all set to flaming sparklers while each one congratulated us on our anniversary. Once while in the bakery/coffee shop, I remarked that I wanted to purchase one of those candy apples for our daughter back home, only to find on this day, there weren't any left. "No problem," remarked the man behind the counter upon which he left his post and came back with one all gift wrapped for me! They couldn't have been nicer, the staff. I was given ice tea by the pool, all complimentary. Our room and towels were changed, literally at least 3-4 times a day. Unbelievable. Besides being absolutely gorgeous in its surroundings, the staff just can't do enough for you. If they don't have it, they will find it. There is a wonderful woman in the lobby who serves you drinks by the Christmas tree. Once while drinking, I said I was in love with one of the snacks they provide along with the drinks. She left and came back with a baggy full for me to take along on the plane the next day, along with the name of the snack and where you could purchase them back in New York. I'm telling you, you can't go wrong with this place. It's so personal. I've been talking it up to family, co-workers and friends ever since. I can't wait to return. Finally, a place that gets it right.

Comments